Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON

Go down 
+4
Firecracker
canuckadamfan4eva
teddyhugz
AngelWings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82458
Registration date : 2008-08-09

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:22 am

It seemed OK to me shrugging    It had energy. 

Not really surprised about Battles.  It is better than a lot of the old coronation songs, but seems a little  forgettable.  Didn't even show her voice off much.   She has to be a wee bit disappointed that it didn't chart very high considering all the hype around her during the competition.

It will be interesting to see what kind of album her and Scott put together.

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:34 am

Well, that song isn't really my cuppa either.  I think Dalton is just alternative or something that is not my thing.  He is good at it, but not what I personally listen to.  I have hundreds of songs on my phone and there is nothing like that so please do not think I am picking on Dalton like you guys tend to do.  It's just not my type of music. 

But do you guys have iTunes because you can buy all of those Fly Away Hero songs on there. Just 99 cents each song.  It's worth it if you want songs by him on your devices.  There might be other stuff on there from him too.  From that other band he was in.

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:36 am

Here is the link if that makes it easier for you:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fly-away-hero-ep/id426145167

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:39 am

Oh, and just because it ain't my thing doesn't mean I don't think it would sell well because a lot of young people probably like that type of music.  I ain't exactly who he is shooting for for an audience anyway Laughing

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

Number of posts : 21954
Registration date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:48 am

Strike a Match is a old retread song. Not written by Dalton or for Dalton.  Hercules would have sold better IMO.

The only song I like personally is Roses.

Just watched the clip of Trent being announced the winner. Very moving . LaPorcha was not thrilled. Dalton looked ecstatic.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:06 am

No she was not!  I think the only time I have seen a runner-up truly look rather pissed.  Every other year the runner up always looked so happy for the winner.  Fake or not - they put on a good front Laughing   But these kids do get to be good friends and I think all the others truly were happy for the winners.

She is probably happy for him, but was thrown because so much smoke was blown up her behind all season Evil or Very Mad

Trent's reaction was just awesome!  I have re-watched that part a few times now.  It is right up there with Phillip's reaction and David Cook's as the most emotional.  Oh Scotty's was pretty emotional too!

Roses is the best song by far of the releases!!  But I love Trent's too.  Love music like that.

Battle was better than most of the slop they have given the females for coronation songs.  God, Carrie's and Jordan's songs were vomit inducing!

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:13 am

Firecracker wrote:
No she was not!  I think the only time I have seen a runner-up truly look rather pissed.  Every other year the runner up always looked so happy for the winner.  Fake or not - they put on a good front Laughing   But these kids do get to be good friends and I think all the others truly were happy for the winners.

She is probably happy for him, but was thrown because so much smoke was blown up her behind all season Evil or Very Mad

Trent's reaction was just awesome!  I have re-watched that part a few times now.  It is right up there with Phillip's reaction and David Cook's as the most emotional.  Oh Scotty's was pretty emotional too!

Roses is the best song by far of the releases!!  But I love Trent's too.  Love music like that.

Battle was better than most of the slop they have given the females for coronation songs.  God, Carrie's and Jordan's songs were vomit inducing!

I love both Carries and Jordan's. The only coronation song I hated but still bought both versions of was No Boundries. I hate the song but the recorded versions by Kris and Adam aren't bad. I bought them to support the guys. Oh I don't know what Candace did for hers or calebs either.

Shannon praying shannonangel

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:21 am

Oh those songs were way too rainbows and unicorns for me!

I loved Diana's "I Believe"  and bought that.  I don't remember Candice's because I was not interested in her at all.  Kelly's was even corny but she could pull it off. 

I bought Adam's No Boundaries and actually liked it Laughing .

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:13 am

I hated No Boundaries.  In fact the only winners song I love is Home.

Yeah LaPorcha looked pissed. I was surprised.  Way better to fake it than to have that image of your face all over the Internet. 

Trent was so legit surprised.  But I knew whoever of the boys that stayed would win.  Talton was such an adorable duo that last couple of weeks.  It was obvious that the one who remained would gain the others fanbase. Just about every Dalton fan I know voted Trent.  I would have but I was blocked. Pissed me off because my address is the states.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:30 am

Home was the best winners song for sure!  But I loved David Cook's song too!

Yep, pissed off image all over the place. 

I think a lot of MacK fans voted for Trent too.  Obviously I did.  So I think he got a lot of votes between the two fan bases added into his existing one.  I bet he got the casual voters too.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:56 pm

David Cook posted this pic of Him, Kris and Philip flower flower flower

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 12932856_10153890861366348_6353410639301446010_n

With this caption lol! lol! lol! lol!

Me, Phil, and Kris were all freaked about by the ghost of Josh Ledet behind Kris. #idolfinale

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:57 pm

So interesting now Melinda Doolittle loves Dalton. Saying he is the nicest most personable charming young man and yes he can sing. Bitch hated him all season.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:36 pm

Hathor wrote:
So interesting now Melinda Doolittle loves Dalton. Saying he is the nicest most personable charming young man and yes he can sing. Bitch hated him all season.

People can change. Something can make them feel differently. FC wasn't a Kris fan but then she heard "LOST" when it was on Vampire Diaries and loved that song and then went and listened to his other songs and became a fan of his. It sometimes only takes one thing to get someone to reevaluate the way you feel about someone. Melinda is not a bad person.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 6:44 am

Exactly!!  And NO, Melinda is not a bitch!  She has always been very sweet and loved.  The issue is she loved Mac and not Dalton Wink

Michael and Melinda just didn't think Dalton was a great singer.  Well, as you know I do not think he is a great singer.  He is a very good performer and would be great fronting a band, but no - not everybody thought he was a great singer.  The judges said that too on more than one occasion.

It doesn't make people bitches and bastards because they do not agree with you (you as in people in general not you as in Hathor) regarding an artist.

Michael and Melinda are dearly loved for their show/blog about Idol (and now The Voice too) and it is just their opinions and them having fun with it.  Sure not everyone is going to agree with them.  Not everyone agrees with the judges or MJ or anyone else doing those blogs/shows.   It is what it is.

But they never said they hated Dalton the person.  They just didn't dig a lot of his performances.  They do tend to be more about the voices than anything else. 

They thought Mac should have placed 3rd so I gotta love them for that biggrin

But seriously, Melinda has always been known to be a super nice person. 

And yes - Kris Allen has put out one hell of a fabulous album this year!! 

Women can change their minds - it's their prerogative!!  Razz

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42185

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 7:19 am

Some of her comments about Dalton were not kind.  She came right out and said perhaps he shouldn't be singing if he's going to get overly emotional and break down during a song.  I didn't hear her telling Kelly or LaP that.  She had no clue what singing means to him and why he does it.  Hell even JLo figured that out.  

There is no point in debating this any longer. 19 is holding Dalton hostage having not decided on picking up his option yet.  If he's so awful, just set him free already.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 7:35 am

I think 19 holds them all hostage for awhile!

Well, nobody was going to say that about Kelly.  She was very pregnant and she was the first Idol.

I hated how much LaP cried and if I were on a blog show I would have said so!

I actually hate the crying in competition.  I think that is also one reason nobody would say anything about Kelly.  She wasn't trying to get votes that night.

I hate the crying in competitions because even if completely genuine - it comes across as a way to get sympathy votes.  It's isn't always, but can feel that way.  I know LaP's tears were genuine that night - but good lord!!!!  A total meltdown??!!  Yeah, it gets votes.  And I don't like it.  But it happens.  I am sure pressure etc. gets to them and can't hold it in.

Regardless, the whole point of the blog/show is just their opinions.  We all have our own different opinions.  You can't hate everyone who has a different opinion from your own.  Goodness I learned that as a Clay and Adam fan Laughing

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42185

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 8:27 am

I know all about 19 and that is why we are pissed off about it. They don't want Dalton. If they did they would have made up their minds right away so why toy? Just let the kid go and pursue his dream. I know he's not the first but hopefully he'll be one of the last.

Opinions can be given without being hurtful.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 8:50 am

I have no idea if 19 is holding MacK or if he is free.  19 has nothing on "Roses"  that is totally Big Machines Records.  That was stated.  So maybe 19 has already cut MacK loose.  I know it used to hold on to all the top 10 for a good long while.  No idea how it works now.

Yes, opinions can be stated without being hurtful.  But Simon Cowell made a career about not worrying about being hurtful. 

And like Kelly said - if you are going to get into the music business you better be tough because Simon is nothing!!  Dalton IS going to hear a lot worse than Michael and Melinda.  They all will.  In fact I bet Dalton has heard worse already in the prior bands he was in.  No doubt those bands were reviewed in papers etc.  and I am sure not all were glowing.

Do you remember Clay reading the reviews of the Idol tour out loud to the group at breakfast on that special?  OUCH!!

These blog people want viewers/hit.  They will try to be funny/etc. to get hits.  Nature of THEIR biz.  Just like all of the media.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 10:24 am

canear wrote:
Some of her comments about Dalton were not kind.  She came right out and said perhaps he shouldn't be singing if he's going to get overly emotional and break down during a song.  I didn't hear her telling Kelly or LaP that.  She had no clue what singing means to him and why he does it.  Hell even JLo figured that out.  

There is no point in debating this any longer. 19 is holding Dalton hostage having not decided on picking up his option yet.  If he's so awful, just set him free already.

Canear you and the others got annoyed when Tristan was crying and she was doing it cause she is a emotional teen of 15 who's Grandpa had broken his back and so on.  Other sites said stuff of Tristan that wasn't nice of Tristan also.  You guys all said it was to gets votes or because she was chosen one which I know she was not.  Maybe Melinda felt the same way you guys did about Tristan at the time.

No one would criticize Kelly for her breaking down when she did.  Overly emotional cause she way way way pregnant, The meaning of the song plus her being sad over Idol almost being over. Kelly's season I think she only cried during the finale when she won.

For me I do not care if people cry when they sing.  I say this because it means they are feeling so much when they are singing the song that the tears just come.  Having a full on meltdown though is another thing.  That kind of scares me.

19 does to everyone.  They won't let anybody out of those contracts till they were up.  Season 5 Taylor fought signing that contract.  AI and 19 make you sign that sucker and it is Iron Clad.  Taylor had got the group together and explained the meaning of the contract of course they signed it but some said they understood a lot more when it was told by Taylor.  I honestly do not know if Taylor ever signed it cause as I said he fought it tooth and nail and I don't blame him.  He been in the business for 10 years and knew about contracts.  For this season the contracts big time bug me.  Tristan has posted on her facebook she can't directly post back to her followers cause per 19/idol contract she is not aloud.  She did that like four times because people wanted to know why she wouldn't answer back.  Also Tristan went out sixth and there is no tour let her go as well as Olivia so if people want them they can sign them but I bet they will all have to wait till August.  I think that is when idols in the past had to wait to.

Simon was freaking cruel to the core.  I hated Simon for things he said to people each season during the show and after it.  He of course has said some hugely kind things and when he did that I was shocked and knew that he was serious cause for him to be kind and thoughtful in his comments meant he had been impressed. Eta: His hatred towards Taylor was awful.  Taylor getting through each week after he told him at the auditions that no one would vote for him was a thorn in his side.  I honestly feel he hates to eat crow.  He had to do that with Taylor and Jennifer Hudson.  Oh also his comments to Heavy set people were very cruel.  I understand what he was saying but he didn't have to be an outright jerk to the people.  He was cruelest to the women cause he would say it outright.  With Ruben he told him behind closed doors.

Eta: did you guys see the pic of David,Kris and Philip I posted?  It's funny lol!

Eta: Yep FC Kris put out an amazing cd and I can't wait for my concert to hear him singing the songs live  bounce  bounce  bounce Is it May yet  pacing  pacing  pacing  pacing   FC so glad you like cd so much!

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 10:47 am

FC and Angel, you are not changing my mind on Melinda. It was ok for Tristan to cry, LaPorcha to cry. Trent to cry but Dalton gets called a fake or a phoney?   

Yes I am glad Melinda is woman enough to admit she was Wrong about Dalton. It was also quite gracious of Dalton to speak to her after all the shit she wrote about him.

Well Mac didn't get 3rd. He got 4th.  Some wanted him out much sooner because they had grown tired of his one and only one performance and delivery style.  Imo that is what made MacKenzie fall in standings that and the judges bashing.  

For weeks and weeks Dalton ranked higher than MacKenzie on MJs and other fan polls.  So while you believe Mac deserved 3rd, more people felt Dalton did.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 11:03 am

Wow, this Dalton thing has just ruined this place.....

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 11:08 am

Hathor wrote:
FC and Angel, you are not changing my mind on Melinda. It was ok for Tristan to cry, LaPorcha to cry. Trent to cry but Dalton gets called a fake or a phoney?   

Yes I am glad Melinda is woman enough to admit she was Wrong about Dalton. It was also quite gracious of Dalton to speak to her after all the shit she wrote about him.

Well Mac didn't get 3rd. He got 4th.  Some wanted him out much sooner because they had grown tired of his one and only one performance and delivery style.  Imo that is what made MacKenzie fall in standings that and the judges bashing.  

For weeks and weeks Dalton ranked higher than MacKenzie on MJs and other fan polls.  So while you believe Mac deserved 3rd, more people felt Dalton did.

Don't like her that is fine but calling someone a bitch is just a bit much cause Melinda is not a bad person.  You guys were all annoyed with Tristan and her crying but did I call you guys that???  No I didn't cause I know you guys were upset cause you felt they were trying to make her win.  Also Tristan got put down plenty of places cause of her being a overly emotional teenager.

Everybody is going to feel differently.  Some feel Mac should of been higher some feel Dalton should have been higher.  No one is wrong it is only opinions.

This is one reason I am glad Idol is over.  The stress of all this and people getting so upset that anger and resentment sets in No   I didn't watch for two seasons and it was wonderful cause I didn't know of anything pertaining to the show or people those seasons. maybe I should of stuck with that this season.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 11:24 am

Yes, it was just defending Melinda from being called a bitch and turned into a negative about Mac Shocked

I am done here!

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 11:51 am

FC you said you and Melinda thought Mac deserved 3rd.  Well my point is others felt different.  Would opinion is not gospel.  Neither is mine.  You take exception to the word bitch. I take greater exception to a kid being called a fake a phoney.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 12:01 pm

Hathor wrote:
FC you said you and Melinda thought Mac deserved 3rd.  Well my point is others felt different.  Would opinion is not gospel.  Neither is mine.  You take exception to the word bitch. I take greater exception to a kid being called a fake a phoney.

Hathor you called Trent phoney,(cause you guys said he didn't clap or something for Dalton),until you changed your tune on him.

Melinda has changed what she thought of Dalton and that should be fine.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next