Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012

Go down 
+3
Firecracker
teddyhugz
canear
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42148
Registration date : 2009-06-09

LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:24 am

I guess they tape and show it later. London is 5 hours ahead of us. Just checked our schedule and it actually starts coverage of the Olympic Farewell then the Closing Ceremonies at 2:00 pm
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82379
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:47 am

I'm not surprised. It is always shown in prime time here. Always. Big ratings for them I guess is their goal. More people home watching TV on a Sunday evening than during a gorgeous summer weekend day when families are out and about.

LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:51 am

They just repeat it here after the live broadcast. I like seeing it live they don't have time to cut anything out of it.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39751
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Really bummed for the US women's volleyball team. They just didn't have it today. No

On the flip side.

Congrats to the US women's basketball team!!!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:11 pm

What? More Gold medals? Shocked

We win medals and they DQ us. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:29 pm

What exactly happened with that anyways? They only glossed over it in an article I read but it didn't say why or even who took the bronze instead. It left me rather confused.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:13 pm

canear what are you talking about? Did your basketball team get DQ'd. I ask cause teddy said congrats to the US Ladies Basketball for winning gold then you mentioned a team being DQ's. can you explain? Whoever did get DQ's I am sorry that makes me sad cause I have wanted the US and Canada both to do well.

Anyway I am bummed for the US ladies in indoor volleyball but hey they won a silver for the US again and that is nothing to sneeze at.

Yay US Ladies Basketball team now the US Men need to win tomorrow. Even though I want the US Men to win I want Pau and Marc Gasol to have a hell of a game,(Pau is on the Lakers so I always want him to do well and his bro Marc is a bright spot on the Memphis Grizzlies and i do like him).

Shannon praying shannonangel

Last edited by AngelWings on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Angel, all I know is that it was in one of the men's team relay races for track and field. The Canadians came in 3rd to capture bronze but were DQ'd. Like I said though the article I read only glossed over that and didn't explain. So I have no idea what happened to cause that result.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Hmm I wonder what happened?

I love this pic. This is from the US women winning the 4x100 relay which has been a long time coming. I love how excited the anchor runner was when she saw the board that said they had the new world record.

LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 Oly_g_jeter12_600

congrats to the men's 4x400 relay team on the silver. The anchor guy was so upset he couldn't win it for them but he should be proud of himself for helping them get the Silver. He came in to help them when one of the other guys broke his leg while he helped them get into the final. No shame in the silver especially since a lot of people counted the team out when the one guy broke his leg.

My heart still breaks for the American runner who got her foot clipped by another runner which made her fall to the ground and out of the run so she could not win a medal. she by the way fell at the world championships last year also. So sad for her. Her name is Morgan Uceny. The runner who clipped her foot should of been disqualified for sure. some wonder if it was done on purpose cause it was done when she was making a move to speed up and try to pass others.

feel good moment for me for these Olympics has be double amputee,(his legs), Oscar Pistorious. Him running in the 4x400 relay with the South Africans was amazing. He was the ancor for the team and he of course couldn't get them a medal cause they were well behind but he totally kicked butt on his run. His cheetas,(that is what they call his running legs), are so freaking awesome. I will be rooting him on when he competes at the Para Olympics.

LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 AP502893703541_620x350

Yes yes yes for US David Bodiah throwconfetti throwconfetti It has been like forever that the US has beat the Chinese in a diving competition,(this was the 10 meter dive). The Chinese men were tight for sure and their dives were not as pristine. David was awesome. Congrats to the chinese on silver and Brittians Tom Daley winning Bronze.

Woohoo the US women win the 4x400 relay cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Congrats to the US men on their 4x100 relay silver and getting the new American record for that relay. Congrats to jamaica on the gold. Okay it is the 4x100 relay that canada was dq'd on and they didn't say anything on this. They showed the results and showed Dq'd next to canada. I seriously wonder what happened.

ETA: on a personal note it has been so exciting to hear about all the athletes from the Central Coast of California that have done well at these Olympics. Our news will for sure be doing all they can to get interviews with them all when they get back here.

Here is the medal count for the top three so far:

Medal Tracker
USA 44 29 29 =102
CHN 38 27 22 = 87
RUS 21 25 32 = 78

Ugh Usain Bolt is the freaking biggest egotist I have ever seen. He is amazing in running but his ego makes it hard for me to like him. John McEnroe was talking to him and they were talking about where he would be in History and John Mentioned the top Olympic Athlete ever Michael Phelps and Usain shruggs and says i am a legend and I am up there. He is a fantastic runner and he has won many medals at the Olympics I believe 6,(in two olympics; this one and the last one), but he is not over Michael Phelps,(he has 22 medals overall in his olympic career). He can be a legend in his field but he is not the best Olympic Athlete. When Bolt puts a cork on the mega attitude and ego maybe i will have a little bit more respect for the man. Just saw Usain Anchor the Jamaican 4x100 relay and when they win they just so Usain and not the other relay members and he is talking about himself and being a legend and not giving his team members any credit for helping him win that relay and then they show him in front of the cameras after he is talked to and he is yelling he is a legend and pounding his chest and again not even doing anything to say anything of his team. He did get his teammates to sign the baton that the judges are letting USAIN keep. He should of given his team credit while being talked to but that would be asking too much of that egotist Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:45 pm

It's just weird. Why won't anyone say what happened to give Canada a DQ? I don't get it and I think it really sucks.

I haven't had the games on tonight. I've kept the TV off. I wish I had turned it on especially to see the diving. Oh well.

Yeah Bolt has been saying that since he won the 100m or at least from what I know. The guy is crazy fast and watching him is incredible but when I first heard him say that it was just like a huge, "What the heck dude?"

That medal count is awesome!! Go USA! cheers
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Quote :

My heart still breaks for the American runner who got her foot clipped by another runner which made her fall to the ground and out of the run so she could not win a medal. she by the way fell at the world championships last year also. So sad for her. Her name is Morgan Uceny. The runner who clipped her foot should of been disqualified for sure. some wonder if it was done on purpose cause it was done when she was making a move to speed up and try to pass others.

feel good moment for me for these Olympics has be double amputee,(his legs), Oscar Pistorious. Him running in the 4x400 relay with the South Africans was amazing. He was the ancor for the team and he of course couldn't get them a medal cause they were well behind but he totally kicked butt on his run. His cheetas,(that is what they call his running legs), are so freaking awesome. I will be rooting him on when he competes at the Para Olympics.

That guy from South Africa is so inspiring!! How amazing it's been to watch him run! I truly wish him well in whatever he does!

Angel, who clipped Morgan's foot to make her fall down and out of the race? So not cool. No
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:05 am

Have to post these for medals also:

Canada 1 5 12 = 18

Ireland 1 1 3 = 5

Very proud of the USA, Canada and Ireland!!!!

Have rooted on the Home country to so here is their medal count so far.

Great Britain 28 15 19 = 62

Wow oh wow the medal for david bodiah is the first medal for a US man in diving since Greg louganis won his way back when for Women the last American to win was laura Wilkinson. So this win for David is HUGE HUGE HUGE!!! So happy for him!!!

Teddy I wish they would say why Canada was DQ'd also. I know in Bejing the US relay team in the 4x100 was dq'd cause of something like a false start or something so I do wonder if that happened with the Canada team.

I am surprised you didn't watch the events tonight Teddy.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:13 am

I know. I'm kicking myself for it too. I did just turn it on right at the end to see David in the medal ceremony. That was pure awesome. Yes it's been a very long time coming for one of our US divers to win gold. I'm completely thrilled for him!

It's quite possible that could have been it re Canada. shrugging

They just said on the news a local USC star who won a medal as part of the men's relay team has been chosen to be the flag barrier. He came back from being shot. He's got to be so proud of how far he's come back.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:26 am

okay just read up on Morgan and this is what was put in the article.

But disaster struck when Uceny got too close to the long back kick of Russian Ekaterina Kostetskaya, whose left foot appeared to strike Uceny’s left knee. That caused her feet to tangle and she tumbled to the ground about 15 meters beyond the finish line, less than 400 meters from a medal.

So her foot didn't get clipped but that is what it looked like when the race was going on. She still got clipped though and that sucks.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:30 am

Oh man. Such a bummer. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:09 am

Our relay team was DQ'd because the 3rd runner barely stepped on the line when passing off to the 4th runner. Their beef is not that they did it, they openly admit it, it is the fact that they were put up on the board as finishing 3rd when the judges were reviewing it. They had a few moments of glory, then had it ripped away. They never should have put the result up on the board until the review was finished.

I love Oscar. He is such an inspiration. Usain doesn't bother me. He is unique and there is no questioning his talent.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Wow Simon must have some connections to get both One Direction and Spice Girls in the Closing Ceremony.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Spice Girls ........... Shocked Ugh.........
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:07 pm

canear wrote:
Spice Girls ........... Shocked Ugh.........

Spice Girls were huge and in Brittian they are still popular. Remember this is the Brittish Olympics and putting out acts and such that are popular there. Some across the world probably were shaking their heads with people that were chosen for LA, Atlanta and Utah Olympics,(of course all USA), but the fact is those were US held Olympics and Americans were chosen. For the Olympics is the one place I agree to showcase the natives of their countries!!!!

Usain is indeed unique and talented but his giving no respect to his relay teammates when they were freaking standing right next to him was the last straw for me with him. They ran that relay to and helped win it so he just speaking of himself and calling himself a legend and not giving them their do is bull. Also as I said when he gets 22 Olympic medals like Michael then he can start putting himself in the same league as Michael until then just no. He is a star for track and field for sure though.

Congrats to the Russian volleyball team for coming all the way back to win the gold.

Sorry to the Canadian relay team. I read up on the US team who had got dq'd in Bejing and they got that because of something that had to do with baton passed or touched too early. It was weird so i do feel for the Canadians that this happened.

Yes yes yes The US men beat Spain for the Gold in Basketball cheers Durant, Westbrook and Harding may not of got the NBA championships but they can still be proud of their season cause they helped the US win a Gold medal for the country. So happy for them, Kobe, Tyson Chandler, Kevin Love, Carmello Anthony, Lebron, Coach K and all the other US Players. For Spain congrats on the Silver. Happy for Pau and Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka.

Kevin Durant made Olympic History. He scored 30 points which is a first in an Olympic Final for the US. Congrats Kevin cheers cheers cheers Kevin is going to be a force to be reckoned with for a long time.

Last edited by AngelWings on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:20 pm

I disagree. The Olympics are for athletes and people from all over the world. People from all over the world are watching. I say showcase artists from various countries that participate in the events. Sure you cannot show someone from every single country, but you can certainly have several involved over the course of 2 1/2 hours.

LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Oh I agree Shannon.......I just cannot stand the Spice Girls!!

......and too bad Jessie J wasn't still on vocal rest. OMG..........make me cringe. Shocked It's too bad Adam couldn't have done this since they appear to have closed the concert portion. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Firecracker wrote:
I disagree. The Olympics are for athletes and people from all over the world. People from all over the world are watching. I say showcase artists from various countries that participate in the events. Sure you cannot show someone from every single country, but you can certainly have several involved over the course of 2 1/2 hours.

But the show stuff for the opening and closing ceremonies is to showcase the home country. To show the world the stuff of their country. When the Olympics were in Bejing and France and other countries where English is not their language I loved seeing their local celebs and finding out about the home country it is one of the things that makes the opening and closing ceremonies so special for the home country who fight so hard to get the olympics in their country. I can't wait to see what Soshi Russia does.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:41 pm

I think it is perfect for the opening ceremonies to showcase the host country. Like a big WELCOME! But the closing should be a celebration of all. Have an artist from The USA, a country in Europe, one from the Asian world, Middle East, Africa. It is very doable to represent several parts of the world and several counties that participated.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:46 pm

HA! I just read Jessie J was horrid with Queen and even Brits are Tweeting Adam should have been with them!!

I mean seriously, what if he really was their official singer? Would it really be right to ban him from singing with the group because he was born in another country?? Queen should have been able to have the singer of their choice! Not someone who ruined the performance but at least she was born in the "right" country Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Firecracker wrote:
I think it is perfect for the opening ceremonies to showcase the host country. Like a big WELCOME! But the closing should be a celebration of all. Have an artist from The USA, a country in Europe, one from the Asian world, Middle East, Africa. It is very doable to represent several parts of the world and several counties that participated.

But there are soooooooooooo many countries out there how can you do that? To be fair they would have to pick someone from each country and there is no time for that with the time limit for the show. This is probably one reason they keep it the home country also. Oh and don't forget the closing ceremonies is also when they pass the torch onto the next olympic host country,(which will be Soshi Russia), and they get to do a bit of the show so as i mentioned there would be no time to do what you say and be fair. I could just see if they implemented trying the idea of putting different countries together for the show and could see the complaints of the countrys who got nobody put in.

Last edited by AngelWings on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012   LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012 - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

LONDON SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next