Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!

Go down 
+2
Firecracker
aerwin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
aerwin

aerwin

Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 7:09 am

Well techinically he was married to Catherine of Aragon the longest.

I watched Anne Of The thousand Days last night. I really liked it. I think Richard Burton is the defintive Henry. My goodness he had a beautiful voice and was very handsome. I've actually never seen him in anything I am ashamed to say. But anyway like I've said before Henry was well loved , so he must have been some fun and I thought Richard Burton brought that out. Geneiveve Bujold was terrific as Anne. So pretty. The costumes were great.

At the end of the day I guess The tudors is all about the sexy therefore that is why no change to JRM. But I do wish he or writers would let Henry be a little more fun.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 8:01 am

I must watch AOTD again. I recall it being really outstanding. Richard Burton was a phenomenal actor when he was on top of his game, but Genevieve's performance was just as powerful!

Good point about the Tudors being all about the sexy. That is ok though...only because they are doing such a fine job with the production and the acting.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 3207

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 10:13 am

horselaydee wrote:
Thanks for the info on Henry's real age Badger! He really was with Anne or was involved with her for quite a while! Was she his longest paramour?

I'm pretty sure she was although he had at least two other mistresses before her including her older sister Mary and Bessie Blount by whom he had a son. In "The Tudors", they show him dying of the sweating sickness when he was a small boy. In reality, he lived to be about 17 or so. He married Anne Boleyn's cousin Mary Howard (the daughter of The Duke of Norfolk) when he was 14 but died of tuberculosis three years later.

I think the biggest reason for the length of his "courting" of Anne had to do with his protracted battle with the church over whether or not his marriage to Katharine of Aragon was valid.

Some news on the casting front: Colm Wilkinson, who is probably best known for originating the role of "Jean Valjean" in Les Miserables is joining the cast. He'll be playing a character named "Lord Tom Darcy".
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 8:01 am

Thanks Badger! I just love learning about the real history behind the Tudors...it really is fascinating.

That is cool they are getting a new, top notch actor on the show. Will the series start again after the first of the year?
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 10:29 pm

I think the last two seasons started around late March/early April so I would guess the 3rd season would be the same.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 3:40 pm

Well, since we have awhile to wait until the new season of The Tudors starts...anyone planning on going to see The Duchess with Keira Knightley and Ralph Fiennes?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 8:59 am

Well it's like this. I have NEVER missed A Ralph Fiennes movie . BUT We are having a terrible gas shortage here and the price of Gas is over 4.00 . S :( o right now I cannot justify going to Athens which is an hour from here to see it. If this let's up anytime soon I must definetly will see it.
I read the book over the summer and LOVED it. Lady Georgiana is an ancester Of Princess Diana and their lives have a lot of similarities.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:48 am

Eeek! I am really excited to see it now! You can always get the video when it comes out, I totally understand not wanting to drive an hour with gas prices like they are.

I just love Ralph...he is one of my all time fav actors!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82371

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 1:25 pm

Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:06 pm

Hmmm, not surprizing I gues. He has to go with the bigger and better movie roles when they come his way. I think the series will be about done after this season anyway.I love it, but understand the importance of going out when the show is still getting good ratings and hot vs. geting stale and tired.

I hope the cable networks do more historically based dramas in the future.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:44 am

They have two queens left to go after this upcoming season. I'm not sure if they're planning on going any farther after that.

I've enjoyed watching JRM on The Tudors. Who will they get to replace him, I wonder?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:43 am

Here's my choice to replace him

Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 Img_9
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:37 pm

aerwin wrote:
Well it's like this. I have NEVER missed A Ralph Fiennes movie . BUT We are having a terrible gas shortage here and the price of Gas is over 4.00 . S :( o right now I cannot justify going to Athens which is an hour from here to see it. If this let's up anytime soon I must definetly will see it.
I read the book over the summer and LOVED it. Lady Georgiana is an ancester Of Princess Diana and their lives have a lot of similarities.

Have you noticed that in certain pictures they have Keira looking remarkably like Princess Di? ( which I wouldn't have thought possible) Of course over here it has been "noted" about the descendency & similarity of their lives.
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:44 pm

Going back to the Tudors...I love this series...really has "spiced up" history for me! Wink
In all seriousness, we are only coming to the end of S2 this friday (Anne B in the tower) so it's intersesting to read the thread to see your thoughts of it.
Although I'm a Brit, my history lessons at school concentrated very little on British History but more "European" as in Russian revolution etc.
I have to say...god bless the internet..before this I used to have to go through volumes of encyclopedias to find information on something that caught my eye.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:20 pm

Who is that Aerwin? He looks like the lovechild of Harrison Ford and Patrick Swayze Shocked

Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:37 pm

That's Sean Bean ..isn't it? :D
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 11:39 pm

I don't know who that is , but he is FINE!!!!! Twisted Evil
Adrift wrote:
Quote :
Going back to the Tudors...I love this series...really has "spiced up" history for me!
In all seriousness, we are only coming to the end of S2 this friday (Anne B in the tower) so it's intersesting to read the thread to see your thoughts of it.
I agree Adrift! The Tudors has really "spiced" up history for me too! JRM is one spicey meatball for sure! *cough, cough*
The tower scene was really well done I thought...the intensity and emotion comes right through the screen into your heart.

At least we have one more season to look foward to!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:40 am

Adrift wrote:
That's Sean Bean ..isn't it? :D
YES! I love Sean Bean .I think he would be perfect. Look Henry is supposed to be older now anyway. They should just replace him and get on with it. It is called The tudors after all. So they could go through Edward's short reign, then Mary ,then Elizabeth. I mean good God Elizabeth ruled for 45 years there is no end of stories there. You know we didn't learn much British history in school either. I've learned most on my own. And I'm still learning.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 8:03 am

Don't forget Lady Jane Grey. She was queen for 9 days. Of course, how they would explain her I don't know considering she's Brandon's granddaughter and is about the same age as Edward VI and we've gotten no inclination that Brandon has adult children. All we've seen is the little boy.

I remember reading that even though they weren't planning on having Henry get fat, they were going to age him so my guess is whoever it is will be slim like JRM but much craggier. Sean Bean looks like he might fit the bill.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 6:16 pm

I think I would like watching Sean Bean's interpretation of King Henry... Would'nt we all die if it comes to fruition@!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 6:45 pm

I never even heard of him Embarassed

Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:38 pm

I have seen him, but did'nt know his name. What roles has he played in the movies?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:34 am

He's been in a ton of stuff but mainly Boromir in Lord of The Rings.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:45 am

I wonder if they even have anyone in mind or if someone has already been cast. Of course, maybe they'll just decide to end the show after Season 3.
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 3:45 pm

Sean Bean really came into his own in a series of programmes called "Sharpe" in the UK.The "uneducated" sergeant during the Napoleonic wars (I think!) becomes a lieutenant through heroism & faces the usual crap from aristocracy.
Hehe I do like the bloke - he still has his sheffield accent in most of the things he does!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next