Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!

Go down 
+2
Firecracker
aerwin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
janice

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Are these shows available online somewhere or on DVDs for those of us who don't have HBO?
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:10 pm

Janice, you can watch the entire first episode on The tudors webpage here:

http://www.sho.com/site/tudors/home.do

I see there is an option to download season 1 and 2 on Itunes there also! :)
Back to top Go down
janice

Number of posts : 299

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:39 pm

Thanks! I want to check it out!
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 9:02 am

The episode this week was pretty good. Had to watch it while cooking Easter dinner though, so could not fully concentrate.

Lady Mary is back at court but the King does'nt seem to trust her. If it was'nt for Jane's encouragement to bring her back into his life, I bet he would have left her to live out days in exile. I don't see a good outcome for that relationship though.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 3207

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 11:28 am

I watched episode 3 on Showtime on Demand over the weekend.

Spoiler:

I'll spoiler some more later. ETA: I added more spoiler info to my original spoiler post.

Incidentally, you remember the naked lady on the swing from the previews? I'm pretty sure that's going to turn out to be Catherine Howard. I don't know for certain though.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Quote :
Incidentally, you remember the naked lady on the swing from the previews? I'm pretty sure that's going to turn out to be Catherine Howard. I don't know for certain though.
Glad you got to watch Badger! I take it you are hooked now too! Twisted Evil

Which number wife is Catherine Howard 4 or 5?
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:57 am

I misidentified one character in my spoiler.
Spoiler:

I've been hooked on the show since it started, horselaydee!

Catherine Howard is wife number 5.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

Number of posts : 1200

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Well how did y'all like this season? Was the finale good? I am waiting for the dvds. My really good friend John said this season was great.How was the girl playing Jane?

I also wanted to tell y'all starting JUNE 21 on NBC is BBC series Merlin. If you love the Arthur legends like I do , i think you will enjoy it. It was a hige hit in UK.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 4:59 pm

The gal that played Jane was quite good I thought. She was also very pretty which was fitting. I did enjoy this season, but not quite as much as the second. I thought Joss Stone did quite a good job too for a newcomer. They even managed to make her look a little matronly and plain, but she still was a little too good looking to be believable that Henry was so disgusted by her. I liked that they wrote in that she was grossed out by his infected leg...I imagine that was'nt exactly very appetizing either! :D

There has been lots more explicit sex and lots of killing and high drama. JRM continues to do a fine job acting, despite his addiction issues. I guess they are doing one more season...
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:20 am

I thought Joss Stone did a good job too. Actually, I thought the look they were going for with her was kind of "okay looking but she could be really pretty if only she'd do something with herself!" Anne of Cleves actually survived longer than any of Henry's wives and Joss Stone will be back next season.

As for the finale, all I can say is "Poor Cromwell!" That had to have hurt! Supposedly though, his executioner was a young boy with no experience who Henry hired specifically because he knew he would botch the job which he did. Someone on IMDB said the execution reminded them of "The Green Mile". If you've seen that movie, you know what I mean.

I remember a few years ago I think NBC did a 2-part series called "Merlin" starring Sam Neill as Merlin and Martin Short as his assistant. It was really good.

Poor Princess Mary. Once again, she can't seem to find a man. I think Sarah Bolger is doing an excellent job playing her too. Hopefully, she and James Frain won't be forgotten come awards season.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 6:08 am

Oh I forgot about Joss Stone , I look forward to seeing her. I have enjoyed reading about Anne Of Cleves. She is a very interesting person.
I can't wait for this Merlin , it sounds great.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:01 am

Badger wrote:
Quote :
I remember a few years ago I think NBC did a 2-part series called "Merlin" starring Sam Neill as Merlin and Martin Short as his assistant. It was really good.
Is this going to be shown again somewhere Badger or redone on Showtime? Is that why you mentioned it? I love Sam Neil.

I thought the actor that played Cromwell really brought it this last episode. He showed so much realistic emotion. He definitely deserves an award for that performance.

The sets and costumes on The Tudors continues to dazzle me and take my breath away. No money is being spared on that and I am still really impressed.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:43 am

No, I mentioned it because aerwin had written something about there being a BBC show called "Merlin" that was going to be shown on NBC next month. I was wondering if maybe it's a remake of that show with completely different actors or if it's an entirely new production. I would guess it's the latter. I do know Michael Hirsh who wrote and produced "The Tudors" is working on a series based on Camelot that will be on Showtime.

Joss Stone did a really good job on the show. I've seen criticism on the boards that she is too pretty for the role but like I said before, I think what they were going for is someone who has the potential to be beautiful but never does anything to enhance her appearance. She is definitely de-glamourized. There is Tudor fiction that depicts Anne of Cleves as having somewhat of a makeover after her marriage to Henry ends and becoming quite fashionable so I wouldn't be surprised if the show does go that route with her next season.

By the way, I was right about the naked girl that was shown in the previews in the first episode being Katharine Howard.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:50 am

Merlin is a new show. It is about Arthur and Merlin in their youth.
If Michael Hirst is doing a series about Camelot , I cannot wait!
Who Plays Katherine Howard? Any word on who is going to play Katherine Parr?
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 5:06 pm

Actually the Merlin I was talking about - the one starring Sam Neill - also dealt with the lives of Merlin and Arthur from when they were young although it did go through their whole lives not just their youth.

Katharine Howard is played by Tamzin Merchant. She's about 22 but looks really young which is good since Katharine is a teenager. In the show she says she's 17 although there are sources that claim she was only 15 when she married Henry and 17 when she was executed.

I don't believe they've cast Katharine Parr yet. At least they haven't announced it. I suspect we won't hear about that until probably later this year.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:29 am

I remember the one with Sam Neill, I liked it. I may have to watch it again.
This Merlin stars a young actor Colin Morgan. I was sorry when sam Neill's time was up on The Tudors.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:28 pm

yeah, I thought he was really good too. The only things I had ever seen him in were "The Omen IV", "Jurassic Park" and "Merlin" so I didn't know that he was such a good actor.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks for the clarification on the Merlin show. I will be watching for it for sure!

And a new series Camelot on Showtime? That is wonderful news! More historic dramas with good acting, fab costumes, and big budgets I hope!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 1:56 pm

Here is an article about Merlin. Don't forget it starts Sun Night.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/19/arts/television/19merlin.html?_r=1&ref=television
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:46 pm

Hmmm, NBC steps out of the box yet again. I hope poor ratings don't make this series go down before really even starting like Kings did.

Thanks for the reminder Aerwin. I will definitely be watching.
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:05 pm

What do you all think of Merlin? (or has it been taken off air?)
For a change it's a series I've seen before you all :D

I enjoyed it for the most - it was shown on a Saturday early evening which usually has family programmes such as "Robin Hood" as I mentioned in a different thread... & "Dr Who" (the brilliant revamped version that started again in ummm 2005)

We finally are going to see that last series of "The Tudors" here sometime in summer - I'm quite interested in seeing Joss Stone in it...only because personally, she gets on my nerves lol! ( I heard some inane interview she did about the US election ) - but hey , I'll keep an open mind :D
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:57 pm

She was actually pretty good as Anne of Cleves. She's signed on for next season too.

I watched the first two episodes of Merlin on On-Demand last week. It was okay but I wasn't really motivated to keep watching it. I do want to see the Camelot series though.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:22 pm

'Tudors' exclusive: Joely Richardson crowned Queen

Jul 21, 2009, 10:23 PM | by Michael Ausiello
Categories: News

Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 6a00d8341bf6c153ef0115722355ed970b-800wi I’m hearing Nip/Tuck’s Joely Richardson has scored one of the hottest TV roles out there right now: Katherine Parr on Showtime’s The Tudors.

Although unconfirmed by Showtime, a well-placed source tells me that Richardson will play Henry’s (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) last wife during Tudors' fourth and final season, which is slated to debut in Spring 2010.
Production on Nip/Tuck's final season wrapped last month, freeing Richardson up to take the gig.

A number of high profile actresses have circled the plum part, including ****** **i*** and (as I previously reported) The X-Files’ Gillian Anderson.
Thoughts?!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82240

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Joely Richardson is a wonderful actress! Loved her in Nip/Tuck

Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:26 pm

Aerwin wrote:
Quote :
Although unconfirmed by Showtime, a well-placed source tells me that Richardson will play Henry’s (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) last wife during Tudors' fourth and final season, which is slated to debut in Spring 2010.
Production on Nip/Tuck's final season wrapped last month, freeing Richardson up to take the gig.

A number of high profile actresses have circled the plum part, including ****** **i*** and (as I previously reported) The X-Files’ Gillian Anderson.
Thoughts?!

I think she will be fab and I expect some great chemistry between them! She looks the part of a Queen for sure! Wonder who the x'ed out actress was?????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!   Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Make Way for The King! Calling All Tudorphiles!
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next