Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON

Go down 
+4
Firecracker
canuckadamfan4eva
teddyhugz
AngelWings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82395
Registration date : 2008-08-09

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 7:01 am

Not sure where Tristan is:

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 0aT6H

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

Number of posts : 21954
Registration date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 7:33 am

Bing was not right last week, so I am hesitant to feel reassured Mac and Dalton will be safe.

FC, Adam emotes but perfect sometimes there is perfection in inperfection.  Stop moves me to tears. I guess it either does or doesn't. 

While Mad World gave me chills it didn't move me to tears.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 7:40 am

Stop didn't move me to tears.  I feel very badly for all the kids dealing with those issues.  I have a son who deals with issues.  But the song and his voice - no.  Sorry.  Dalton just does not have the same effect on me that he does you and Canear.  I am enjoying him in the competition, but that is about it.

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 8:33 am

Firecracker wrote:
Couldn't disagree more about Adam!!  Mad World?  Soaked?  Who Wants To Live Forever?  Just a few songs where his "perfect voice" easily shows pain and vulnerability!  He could easily do the same with "Stop" which is really more talking than singing anyway.

i agree!

Listen to Vince Gill he has a perfect voice and his voice always brings out the vulnerability in songs.  Go Rest High On That Mountain, I Believe In You and so many more songs of his.

Oh Martina McBride and Trisha Yearwood are two more with perfect voices.  Martina's Concrete Angel, Broken Wing, 4th of July and a few others are not about happy issues and are deep deep issue songs and Martina makes you feel everything the character in the song is feeling.

Perfect voice or not perfect voice is not the thing it is how you perform the song and how much feeling you put into it.  There is some people who don't understand a song so sometimes when they sing it they don't sing it with the emotion needed for it.  One reason I adore Kris is cause he sings the songs with so much passion and emotion.  When he sang Let It Be on Idol it brought me to tears cause it was sang with so much emotion.  

Shannon  praying  shannonangel

Last edited by AngelWings on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 8:52 am

Absolutely Angel!!  And I agree about all the singers too!

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 11:52 am

Different strokes FC and Angel
I do not like any of those singers. 
shrugging
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42154

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 12:36 pm

We're of the same mind Hathor...........guess that's why we both like Dalton so much.
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 12:55 pm

Exactly Canear. I personally consider many things when music moves me and perfect voice isn't my #1.  In fact I do not like perfect voices usually Adam is the acception.  And I do think he over sings at times. 

Creativity is my number 1. Which is why I favor Dalton and MacKenzie.  They both creatively approach songs.  MacKenzie does have a slightly better voice. Especially since Dalton has been sick. However entertainment value is all Dalton. How he visually interprets songs just pulls me in and holds me captive.  MacKenzie not at all. He is a typical singer songwriter attached to a guitar and mic. I do think he has a wonderful smile and a delicious tone. But that performance style doesn't captivate me.

But different strokes. I still think Dalton and Mac are the best.  I prefer Dalton because he is more entertaining and visually appealing. I like his mannerisms when he performs also.

I have never or will ever like Trent or LaPorcha.  Bombastic runs and over singing.

Sonika has an angelic voice and pure tone but watching her is like watching grass dry. 

Tristan is vocally so up and down. She also looks like a deer in the headlights.  

I would like to see Mac in a pub or small venue. Have some drinks and listen.

Dalton I would pay big bucks to see him on a big stage. Watch the show as he envisions it and it unfolds. Jump in my seat and dance-cheer.  

I can see the upsides to both Mac and Dalton. Just for me Dalton has much more in his bag of tricks. The kid just takes me on a visual journey and I love it.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:42 pm

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/idol-worship/7129044/american-idol-laporsha-renae-didnt-see-on-tv

Well isn't this just lovely. LaPorsha gets a mention in Billboard about being sick. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Guess TPTB want to keep it a deep dark hidden secret that Dalton has been hospitalized twice and is still ill.

😡
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:59 pm

It's not a secret. Dalton has made it known.  They didn't say anything about her being sick the night of the performance and the voting so it doesn't matter much now.  If they wanted to use it they would have said it before or after she performed and before voting started. I don't think it much matter.  I think she is getting a zillion votes anyway.

You might not like country music, but those are all amazing vocalists who have won numerous awards for their singing - including many Grammys.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Not on camera he hasn't nor in Billboard.  Although I personally wish he had looked JLo in the eye this week and mentioned it when she went on about his lack of high notes.   Rolling Eyes  He has been open about it In backstage interviews that hardly anyone watches or on Twitter.   I bet good money that LaPorsha gets asked about it by Ryan next week before voting for the next round.
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 3:54 pm

I bet that also Canear.  

Olivia did not have the benefit of Ryan or anyone saying she was in the hospital until hours before the show.

Telling viewers live as they did with Lee helps. More people see it than blogs, periscope etc.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 7:26 pm

Firecracker wrote:
It's not a secret. Dalton has made it known.  They didn't say anything about her being sick the night of the performance and the voting so it doesn't matter much now.  If they wanted to use it they would have said it before or after she performed and before voting started. I don't think it much matter.  I think she is getting a zillion votes anyway.

You might not like country music, but those are all amazing vocalists who have won numerous awards for their singing - including many Grammys.

Vince Gill alone has like 20 Grammy's for singing, Song writing, Just plain old pure music no singing at all and producing Pretty much a artist from Country to even rock and Heavy Metal have asked him to work with them on a song,(doing backing vocals, doing harmony, doing a duet, playing guitar, writing with them or having him produce the song or album). The man is a force to be reckoned with. Carrie, Kelly and Daughtry all have had the opportunity to work with this amazing talented man.

Oh yeah it is no secret Dalton has been sick. I have seen it mentioned lots of places so people know!

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

Number of posts : 13421
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 9:10 pm

Love Vince Gill. John Prine Marina McBride, Brad Paisley. Just watching Nitty Gritty Dirt Band 50 year special on PBS and Jon Prine sang first. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band was one of my favorites as a teen and young adult. Alison Kraus. Brad and Allison's Whiskey Lullaby is one of my favorite sad songs with gorgeous vocals.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 10:23 pm

canuckadamfan4eva wrote:
Love Vince Gill. John Prine Marina McBride, Brad Paisley. Just watching Nitty Gritty Dirt Band 50 year special on PBS and Jon Prine sang first. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band was one of my favorites as a teen and young adult. Alison Kraus. Brad and Allison's Whiskey Lullaby is one of my favorite sad songs with gorgeous vocals.

My dad adores that song!

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 7:48 am

Yep - so many awesome singers!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am getting such a kick out of me talking about going to see folks like John Prine here the other day and now he shows up on TV last night!!  He was wonderful to go see.  So miss the days you could go to downtown Chicago and see somebody for $5 to $10!!!  Went to shows almost every week in my teens and 20s.  Now it's a fortune and Chicago is too scary a place!!

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 2:14 pm

I can name countless exceptional Grammy winners and Stars without great voices starting with Bob Dillion, Johnny Cash, Micka Jagger etc.

I really just want to let it go.  I do not put singing first. That star quality is first.  Performance and dazzling is second. For me. But different strokes.

Vince Gill I can't stand him. Dillion I love. Jaggar I love.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:29 pm

Hathor wrote:
I can name countless exceptional Grammy winners and Stars without great voices starting with Bob Dillion, Johnny Cash, Micka Jagger etc.

I really just want to let it go.  I do not put singing first. That star quality is first.  Performance and dazzling is second. For me. But different strokes.

Vince Gill I can't stand him. Dillion I love. Jaggar I love.

So you don't like Vince but you can not say he isn't a great talent. Take the singing out of it completely and he is still a triple threat.

Hate Bob Dillon voice but commend him on his song writing and guitar playing, Johnny Cash had a really nice voice, Mick on some songs sounds really good.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 5:13 pm

It's Bob Dylan Wink  His voice just seems to work on his songs.

Love Mick Jaggar's voice!

Johnny Cash - a little too deep for me, but he was a good entertainer for sure.

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 5:22 pm

Angel, I can say what I think. shrugging  I know many many people like Vince. I am just not one of them.

I love Robert Smiths voice . He is the lead singer for the Cure. Very quirky voice. Talks more than sings. Very successful.  

In fact this song is Terrys and my song. We will use it in our wedding.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCKLJGLENs

My point is there is room for all types of voices.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 5:43 pm

Hathor wrote:
Angel, I can say what I think. shrugging  I know many many people like Vince. I am just not one of them.

I love Robert Smiths voice . He is the lead singer for the Cure. Very quirky voice. Talks more than sings. Very successful.  

In fact this song is Terrys and my song. We will use it in our wedding.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCKLJGLENs

My point is there is room for all types of voices.

I agree with this point fully and have always said this.  This is one reason I never never can understand a certain guy I like getting the crud he gets.  He is not everybody's cup of tea but he is liked by many and that many love his voice and stage presence.

Eta: I like The Cure

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 8:50 pm

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 2q9i642
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 9:17 pm

That is a very cute pic. I know people are going to start reading something into it with Dalton and Tristan the two doing something different which makes them stand out more. Just how long will it take for people to say something????

For me I think it will be Dalton or LaPorsha taking it all.

Do not think Tristan will win and I don't think she should!. I think she is WAY TALENTED and I want her to get noticed by someone that will nurture that talent and help her grow. Do not think she should win cause I believe she is too emotional and winning this show frays on the nerves cause there are so many that try to tear you down cause they don't believe you should of won and also sooooo many demands are put on the winner. I bet All the winners are truly thankful for this show but are probably going to be sooooooooooo happy when it ends for one reason and that is they will not have to do all the Idol talk stuff they have to do each and every season when it starts up. Since the show will be no longer I would think they would be freed from having to do that. Anyway back to Tristan I want her to have a career in music for sure but not through a Idol win if that makes sense.

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:13 am

Fans can't really tell anything from the photo but they will make assumptions.

The girls all strike a perfect yoga pose. The guys can't.  Funny.

Personally, I think Tristan is the best fit for Scott. His most successful label is country, country accepts idol contestants more as does country radio than pop or rock.

Tristan can be molded.  I don't want Scott taking Daltons creativity away from him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON   AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN IDOL - THE FINAL SEASON
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next