Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!

Go down 
+6
AngelWings
claytoncavaliers
Sky
Potsie
stanley2
Firecracker
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Spirit

Spirit

Number of posts : 4465
Registration date : 2010-04-18

MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:58 pm

I think the key is that I did not watch the AGT finale so my jinx wasn't working. Therefore, he won. Did you watch?
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Yes! I wouldn't have missed it for the world! But I did have it in my head that little Jackie was going to win....so I was prepared! I was watching Michael's face as they were waiting for Nick to announce the winner, and you could just see that he was preparing to hear Jackie's name! And his look of surprise when his name was announced was beyond awesome!! Loved it! cheers
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:01 pm

Tweet from Michael Grimm:

Quote :
due to legal issues, the "Michael Grimm" album (redish color) is being pulled from the market. MichaelGrimmMusic.com st… http://lnk.ms/BX5n8
about 4 hours ago
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82383

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:05 pm

I wonder why just that one? That cover doesn't even look like him.

MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39751
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:10 pm

The "I Am Michael Grimm" album? Bummer! Does anyone here have that one?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:19 am

This is odd..............
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

Number of posts : 5491
Registration date : 2010-02-25

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:21 am

Teddy, it's still on Amazon, but it's out of stock.
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 am

I guess I'm lucky that I have this album! They pulled it from cdbaby.com too!
It was his very first album of his own original songs which came out in 2005. Maybe that's the reason??! shrugging On the inside of the CD cover, Michael says this:

"First off, I would like to thank you for your interest in my music, but you must know that these songs are all unmixed. That means that they are raw cuts of me and my guitar. There are other songs on this album that are produced, but all of these songs are my favorite songs, so I hope you enjoy. Michael Grimm"

I don't know if that's the reason they pulled it, but I hope this situation gets straightened out so that the album can be re-released - because it's his own music, for pity's sake - and fans WANT IT!!! cheers

The songs are all wonderful, and his voice is young, pure and sweet - but I think time and experience has added the distinctive "gravel" to his voice, which makes his passion and emotion on every one of his songs so amazing! I'm predicting BIG THINGS for this talented, humble young man!

Loved reading this article about Michael!

http://picayuneitem.com/local/x1561143446/Grimm-wins-a-million-dollars-on-AGT
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:49 am

CC, have you found the song they mentioned that he wrote? "Mississippi Blues?
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 3:37 pm

I'm pretty sure the song that was referred to in the article as "Mississippi Blues" is actually titled "Old Biloxi," and the lyrics refer to Biloxi and Bay St. Louis. It is on that first album, "Michael Grimm," as well as the 2nd and 3rd ones, "Michael Grimm Live" and "I Am Michael Grimm" respectively.

Only 2 other original songs that were on the 1st album can be found on IAMG, "The Reason" and "More Than I Can Say." IAMG is also a collection of Michael's own songs, as was the first album. If these songs are any indication, he's a tremendously talented songwriter.

"Dancing With Angels" is my absolute favorite from his 1st album. It is so beautiful and would certainly be relevant today (and could be a HIT for him!). I just hope that all these wonderful songs can be heard at some point in time!

If you go to Michael's myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/michaelgrimm
you can listen to DWA as well as 4 other songs from the 1st album. The first 2 songs listed are from IAMG. ENJOY! And let me know what y'all think of DWA!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:49 pm

CC is there any way you could share it???
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:49 pm

On some of his songs you really notice the country influence. I much prefer the bluesy songs even though....it's not what I listen to, usually. Great voice no matter what he's singing though.
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm listening to DWA right now. Really nice! I also love 'The Reason'.
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:56 pm

I think he sounds like Keith Urban on DWA.
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Teddy, as much as I'd love to, I won't be able to share it because I live with a computer guru, and CD copying is on his list of no-no's!! No Sorry!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:59 pm

That's okay CC. hugging
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Teddy, I went over to amazon.com and under MP3 Downloads, I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=Michael+Grimm

Looks like if you hurry, you might be able to download the individual songs or the entire album! Don't know how long it's going to be up there! Let me know what happens! cheers
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Michael won Las Vegas' BMA Award for Best Blues Performer 2010! BMA stands for Black Music Awards, a local LV award! Awesome!! cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgfNH5SAlic

Anyone here going to be able to catch the tour? We need someone to report back!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Awesome news! Congrats Michael! I cannot imagine how stunned he has to be about the turnaround in his life!

(now if only that could have happened for Eli.... Crying or Very sad )

MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:24 pm

yippee
Michael :yourock:
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:30 pm

throwconfetti throwconfetti throwconfetti

I wish him all the success he deserves. I also wish it had happened for Eli. I can't wait until March!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:03 pm

I just saw this posted on FB.........from his Official Fan page...........

Quote :
Okay, so.. there are several labels interested in Michael, however he has not signed with anyone as he has to be released from NBC first. He has his own CDs on sale on cdbaby, itunes and https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.michaelgrimmmusic.com%2F&h=db215. The cds may all get pulled if he signs with a label. The CD with the red cover is not going to be re-released. sorry. Hope that gives everyone some clarification.

Quote :
So for the record, Michael has not signed with ANY record label yet. Feel free to spread the word. :)

Quote :
So we are curious where everyone go the impression that Michael signed with Epic? He hasn't signed with a label yet. He can't do anything until the AGT tour is over and NBC releases him..
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:54 pm

Bummer..... for now anyway. I hope it all works out though.

Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 3207

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:23 pm

I was just googling NBC, "America's Got Talent" and contract to get some more information. It sounds like that contract is pretty much identical to the AI contract.

But one thing that caught my eye is that if anyone plays original music on the show, it automatically becomes property of the producers. I'm guessing that's why Michael's CD is no longer for sale. Maybe he'll put it back up after the tour is over.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next