Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!

Go down 
+6
AngelWings
claytoncavaliers
Sky
Potsie
stanley2
Firecracker
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:15 pm

CC.............THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome vids and songs.
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

Number of posts : 5491
Registration date : 2010-02-25

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:18 pm

I agree! Where in the world did you find these?
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:37 pm

Here's a 10-min. interview with Bill Medley (Righteous Brothers) and his daughter McKenna talking about working with Michael. Hubby's in the room on the phone, so I haven't seen it yet! Evil or Very Mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA8yzNkZHbU

I found all these videos just by searching, searching, searching youtube! If you just do a search on "Michael Grimm," there are 1,290 videos up! Someone named ChristieJill has a youtube channel with about 20 videos of Michael from a couple of recents shows she attended. They are all excellent! You can find them all together by doing a search on "Michael Grimm ChristieJill," and they'll pop up! Try another search on "michaelvzappia." He's got a ton of videos, but I believe all of Michael's are on page 1. There are 10 of them.

So many videos; so little time!! Have fun! :ohyeah:
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks for all the good stuff!! BTW, do you know whether 'Love and Happiness' is a original?
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82389

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:20 pm

I don't think so. Al Green recorded that song several years ago.

MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:57 am

Oh, ok. Thanks FC!!
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:03 am

Finally got to check out the interview w/Bill & McKenna Medley........very, very nice! They had nothing but the highest praise for Michael as a singer, musician and especially as a person. Everything they said really made me smile! If you watch the interview, Bill mentions something about how Michael got on AGT this year - you'll be surprised!! Wink

Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:04 am

Thanks CC. I haven't watched it yet. One question I have is, how in the hell hasn't Michael been signed yet? He's so good.
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:51 am

Potsie, from what I've read, Michael has had offers from record companies before this but turned them down because he wants to stay true to the music, and apparently record labels like to be in control when it comes to what their signed artists record - at least in the beginning anyway....so he chose the indy label route. He started out performing Christian and country music in his early years, and when he heard Otis Redding, Joe Cocker and other blues/soul singers, he clicked with that style of music and has never looked back. This is his musical niche, for sure, and it fits him like a glove!

If I can find where I read this, I'll post a link. Laughing

ETA: There's a write-up about his style of music and how it evolved at this website: http://michaelgrimmmusic.com/

Will continue to look for the article that mentions record label offers. Laughing

Last edited by claytonclayniac on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:15 am

That makes sense. I'm glad he's staying in that genre.
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:21 am

Potsie, I added a link to Michael's website in my previous post. If you go to it, look at the bottom of the page. That's his fiance, Lucie, in the black t-shirt! :love60:

And I just found this! Nice!

http://silverslipperms.tumblr.com/post/1156412219/this-is-hancock-countys-own-michael-grimm-we
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:24 am

She's very pretty. I watched Ellen, and thought it was sweet. I'm jealous. Ha!! If I was 30 years younger.
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:31 am

CC, have you ever heard of Jonny Lang?
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:57 am

Yes, I do know who Jonny Lang is. I discovered him and his music way back in 1996, when he was just a teenager, and have his first 2 albums. Saw him recently on some show (it might have been Leno...not sure).

Here's a link to view Access Hollywood's interview w/Michael and his first post-AGT-win performance of "I'd Rather Go Blind." You'll need to scroll down just a bit. Enjoy!

http://michaelgrimmmusic.net/music-articles-2/

Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Here's a link to an article that mentions Michael's encounters with record companies. It's not the original article I read, but it says just about the same thing:

"...I've been doing my thing forever, and all these labels just don't get it..."

"...But when he pursues major-label distribution, he says the reaction to his retro blues 'n' soul is usually, "What am I going to do with this? Who am I going to sell this to? You need to be doing something more pop."

http://www.lvrj.com/neon/-talent--giving-locals-exposure-102047963.html?ref=963

All I have to say is thank the Lord he didn't "sell out!" It's the music, not the $$$$ that's important to him. Granted, the money is a really nice perk, especially when he can use it to help his family. It's a beautiful thing to see someone so committed that he refuses to compromise. That's all part of his charm. :love60:
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:19 pm

That's awesome! Smart man!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:21 pm

So the major labels only want pop and rap and country right? Evil or Very Mad I can't imagine there is not a market for blues. The blues and R&B has been around forever.

MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:24 pm

FC, I'm so glad he waited for us. bounce
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Michael's skill in the genre has been so finely tuned over the years he's been doing this that it's to the point where it is second nature to him. He is well experienced, and I don't know if that would have been the case if he had "made it" years ago. Michael is a true artist in every sense of the word, and this is his time.

I learned something about Adam the other day that I did not know... in addition to vocal lessons in his teens, Adam took a year of opera to finely tune his vocal skills. I think what I said above about Michael also applies to Adam. They are both highly skilled at what they do, but it took years of training and struggle to get where they are today.

This is the right time for both of them....and we are the beneficiaries! And I for one am ecstatic about that! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Potsie

Potsie

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Me too!! woohoo
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:35 pm

Well said CC! cheers

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:49 am

Okay I am listening to Michael's Love and Happieness and I tell ya he makes me think about Taylor Hicks in vocal style and even song style. Very Blues and soul. I think Michael may have a hard time just like Taylor just for the reason most labels aren't big Soul and Blues type stuff and trying to get radio play this type of stuff is hard unless you are Eric Clapton or BB King. I wish Michael Luck.

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

Number of posts : 4465
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:41 am

My favorite finalist actually won! My picks come in second, so maybe I've turned a corner.

I hope Michael becomes a superstar. He really is good.
Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

Number of posts : 4465
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:54 am

I've watched some of the videos and interviews. Michael really does sound like Bill Medley when Bill was young. Both their voices are pure soul.
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Spirit, this was the first time that my favorite finalist won, too! My choices always come in 2nd! I was beginning to think I'm a jinx! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!    MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MICHAEL GRIMM HAS TALENT!
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next