Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!

Go down 
+5
Hathor
claytoncavaliers
teddyhugz
AngelWings
Firecracker
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82202
Registration date : 2008-08-09

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:05 pm

I understand not having Finn die of an OD. So write the story with a reason he died!  There is no closure not knowing what happened to a 19 year old.  Nobody said they HAD to make Finn an addict. Just that if they didn't want to make him an addict at least have an explanation for Finn's passing.

I will always stand by my opinion that I was disappointed they didn't have a single scene of Cory/Finn in the whole hour.  I would have preferred a tribute where his friends were remembering him and the scenes were showed. I personally wanted to relive some of Cory's best scenes and songs.

I didn't think it was a perfect tribute. Not at all.

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39698
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:10 pm

They did have a brief scene of Cory. It was the moment Puck and Kurt were standing in front of the dumpster. They flashbacked real quickly to the scene from the pilot when Kurt got tossed into the same dumpster as Finn watched from the sidelines. They had the big picture of Finn at the end of the opening number for "Seasons of Love". They were only sprinkles of him but they were there you just had to pay extra attention.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Quote :
The highly-anticipated Cory Monteith tribute hit mostly high notes, with incredible performances all around from the cast. Brad Falchuk, who directed the episode, literally kept his cast in a state of grief for the two weeks it took to shoot the episode. No wonder the cast was given a week off afterwards. The performances are so raw, it was hard to tell where the actors left off and their characters began. The hour played like a meditation on grief. How do we carry on when a loved one dies? There are no easy answers. In the end, all we can do is soldier on the best way we know how, making adjustments we’d rather not make. Death is permanent. There are no do overs. You can only hope that you left your loved one with a kind word, and the knowledge that you loved them.

Finn was not only the quarterback of the McKinley high team, but of those around him. He set an example. Led the way. Taught those around him how to live. Each of the characters struggle with how to move on without him. Sometimes, they’ve got to learn to be their own quarterback.

The episode begins in a darkened auditorium as a piano plays the familiar chords of “Seasons of Love.” The entire cast of kids–Lima and graduates are assembled in their finest black and white, set against a dark background, to sing a tribute to Finn. The vocals are beautiful. Usually, the actors will sing their solos, while generic voices fill in the chorus parts. I could hear individual voices, and it truly sounded like a prayer. Amber Riley’s solo is the standout here. Vocally, she’s simply the most valuable player. Mike Chang and Puck are there too. As the number ends, I steel myself as the group turns around to gaze at the back of the stage. Of course it’s a photo of Finn. And at this point, the tears really begin to flow. Yes. I cried a lot watching this episode.

The graduates head back to Lima for a memorial, set up by Will, that takes place about two weeks after the funeral. It’s presented as one of Will’s lessons, with “Finn” scrawled across the familiar white board. Everyone close to Finn will deal with his death differently. As Kurt gets ready to head back to Lima he says, “Everyone wants to talk about how he died…but who cares. One moment in his whole life. I care more about how he lived.” And indeed, nobody discusses how Finn died, but who he was and the imprint he left on their lives. “This isn’t real. I’m not going home for this. He’s going to be there,” says Kurt in voice over as he leaves the loft, suitcase in hand. “I’m going to spend my entire life missing him.” It’s evident that Kurt and Rachel have been wandering around the loft in haze. Kurt says goodbye and the edges blur. We don’t see Rachel but can imagine her barely acknowledging that Kurt is leaving.

The staff at McKinley work to help the kids through work through the hurt. Emma has offered her services as a grief counselor. Sue is still full of quips–she’s planted a memorial tree where she first busted Finn and Quinn feeling each other up. “I grieve by insulting those closest to me.” She has advice for the rest of the staff. “We honor Finn Hudson by taking care of the people he loved,” she says, “and the way we do that is….by not making a self serving spectacle of our own sadness.” But even Sue will unravel, after a confrontation with a heartsick and angry Santana.

After Will announces the assignment, Mercedes is ready to take center stage, hoping to find some closure in song. She sings “I’ll Stand By You” and the chorus is unrelenting, sung like a pained howl. Before she moves the class to tears, she relates the story Finn told her of singing the song to his baby’s (or what he thought was his baby) sonogram. Puck looks pained. He can’t see the point of singing songs and says so. He’s so bereft, that he throws a chain around a memorial tree Sue planted and drags it behind him on his motorcycle to keep in his room. He’s completely lost without the guy he looked up to. When Kurt wonders aloud why anybody would steal the tree, Sue opines, “Grief can bring out the irrational in all of us. It makes people do some very strange things. Sometimes when people die, we want to hold on to what’s left of them, to get us through the hard times.”

The most gut wrenching, heart stomping, ugly-cry-inducing scene came only 10 minutes into the broadcast. Finn’s family gathers in his room to sort through his possessions. Carole, Burt and Kurt go through his things. Kurt, ever the organized one, has marked boxes to make it easier to separate things. As they sort, they begin to reminisce. Kurt picks up the ball he kicked to a field goal victory for the McKinley High Football team. It must feel like a lifetime ago. He does a little single ladies hand wave remembering the dance that saved the game. That’s the night Kurt came out to his dad. He suggests Burt keep it. Kurt points out the “faggy lamp” that got Finn kicked out of the house after Burt overheard him use the word. Carol thinks Finn kept it in his bedroom to prove a point to Burt. He wants the lamp. When Carol balks, he decides the car shop could use some more light. This was the lamp that nearly split the family apart. And with that, Burt loses it– guilt ridden that he tore into Finn about the lamp. “I was right in principal, but the kid didn’t have a prejudiced bone in his body.” Burt’s tearful regret that he didn’t hug Finn more, encourage him more, is the regret of a good father who still feels he could have done more. It’s heartbreaking. Kurt grabs Finn’s letterman jacket as Carol attempts to pack it away. He’s tearful. “I want it,” he says, “Seeing him in the hallway wearing this. It was like Superman had arrived.” Kurt puts on the jacket. He wraps it around his body like a comforter and cries into the fabric. “How do parents go on when they lose a child?” asks Carol. “How do they wake up every day? How do they breath?” Completely loses herself to her grief, she speaks of that moment of forgetting. It’s waking up in the morning and not remembering the terrible thing that’s happened, and then the grief just comes rushing back. “It’s like getting that call again, and again every time. You don’t get to stop waking up. You have to keep on being a parent, even if you don’t have a child anymore.” She dissolves into heartrending sobs as the family pulls close. This was the rawest scene in the episode. The actors went there and then some. Mike O’Malley, Romy Rosemont and Chris Colfer deserve every accolade the industry can muster for the stellar work they did here.

There are no flashbacks except one: The shot of Puck and the football players throwing Kurt into the dumpster, from the pilot. Finn stood by and watched but it was clear he wasn’t like the others. He at least allowed Kurt to remove his expensive Alexander McQueen sweater. Puck and Kurt watch students paint memorials on the dumpster. “When Finn joined the Glee club, being a loser, an outcast and a misfit–it all became OK,” says Kurt, who is still wrapped in Finn’s letterman jacket. Puck wants that jacket, but Kurt ain’t giving it up. They argue like old times. Puck says the jacket is for those who’ve earned it. He’s not going to let Kurt bedazzle it like some Project Runway project. Kurt dares him to beat him up for it. “You can’t have it.”

The kids gather in the auditorium, where Sam and Artie sing “Fire and Rain.” It’s a beautiful acoustic rendition, and at the end, Santana bolts, overcome. In the hallway, kids are gathered at a makeshift memorial at Finn’s old locker. The messages are clearly written by Glee production and crew members –the one moment the 4th wall is broken. Principal Figgins, stands by in his janitor garb, wiping away tears. The stupid Cheerios mean girls come by to take down the memorial, as ordered by Sue. Santana storms into her office. Sue is a cold-hearted bitch, says Santana, who spent the last three years making the students’ lives miserable. No longer under Sue’s thumb, Santana lets her have it, screaming that she has hated Sue from the minute she met her. She accuses Sue of being a horrible person whose concern is phony, because she NEVER had a nice thing to say about Finn Hudson. Voices are raised. Sue threatens to call the police. Santana shoves her violently into a cabinet and storms out of the office.

An episode as heavy as this could use a few moments of humor as a respite. But some of those moments, just plopped into the story out of nowhere, fell flat. I will ask the question I always ask in these recaps: What the heck did Jenna Ushkowitz do to piss off Ryan Murphy? Once again, he craps all over her character, Tina. Soliciting Emma for some grief counseling, Tina confesses that she doesn’t know how much longer she can wear black, because it’s so Tina two years ago, and she worked so hard to shed the Goth image. She’s clearly upset, but Emma sends her off with pamphlets that say “It’s not all about you” and “Wait, am I callous?” If Emma had, instead, helped Tina realize she was hiding her grief behind something trivial, the moment could have been humorous and powerful. What a wasted opportunity. Poor Tina.

In the meantime, Emma schedules an appointment for Will to talk about his own grief, which he’s avoiding order to stay strong for his kids. He becomes agitated at even the prospect of feeling something. Emma promises to be there when the flood gates finally open, as they eventually do.

Coach Beiste gives Puck hell when he saunters into the locker room, drunk. “You don’t have to be scared to have feelings,” she says. Puck is refusing to move on. He’s afraid. “If I start crying. I don’t think I’ll ever stop,” he says, before he knocks over a cart full of towels. When Puck sits, he finally breaks down. “What chance do I have of not being an idiot and hurting people, without him around to remind me of who I really am?” There’s no easy answer. “You’ve got to do that for yourself now,” says Beiste. “And see yourself how he saw you.” Puck says it’s not good enough. Beiste says it has to be good enough, because it’s all they have left. “He’s dead,” cries Beiste, “And all we have is his voice in our head.” It’s not fair. Life sucks. But Puck has to be his own quarterback. Puck suggests Beiste retire his number, frame his jacket. She says she can get that done. She makes him promise to put the tree back. Yeah, Beiste figured that out. “It was a garbage tree. It wasn’t big enough.” says Puck. “They grow you know,” Beiste says.

Back in the choir room, Santana introduces “If I Die Young” with a litany of hilarious insults (squishy teets is one). This is for you, Hudson, she says. The song is the perfect sentiment, a young person musing on her own death, imagining friends and family in mourning, imagining herself a beacon of light. It’s unbearably sad. As Santana sings, emotion slowly overtakes her, until she’s crying. She doesn’t finish the song. She screams, literally, as Will and Mike Chang approach to comfort her. Later, sitting alone in the auditorium, Kurt comes out to comfort her. She confesses that she had written something sweet and kind to memorialize Finn, but couldn’t go through with it. She chickened out, retreated to snark. “When you’re on your deathbed,” Kurt says, “Will you say, ‘Oh good, nobody knew I was kind?” Kurt convinces her to share some of her kind rememberances. When she slept with Finn, he kept asking her if she was alright, and he meant it. And once, when she sat on some chocolate cake Becky left on a chair, and it looked like she pooped herself, he walked behind her until she could leave the building. They both laugh. Santana admits Finn was a better person than her. Kurt agrees, but believes he really cared about her. She begins crying again and asks Kurt to leave. He does, but not before taking off Finn’s jacket and wrapping it around her shoulders.

Puck, now sufficiently in touch with his feelings, strums an affecting rendition of “No Surrender.” He glances at an empty chair as he sings the story of two best friends who vowed to stick together. “We made a promise. We swore we’d always remember. No retreat, baby, No Surrender.” It’s perfect. As the club gathers for a group hug, Santana storms into the room, demanding the jacket. It was stolen during a nap in the nurses’ office. The consensus in the room is that yeah, Puck took it. He insists that he didn’t . Will hollers ENOUGH as the bell rings. Puck swears to Will that he didn’t take the jacket. “If you did,” says Will, “Remember all of us want something of Finn to keep close to us.”

Santana visits Sue in her office to apologize. But before she can get a word out, Sue admits,”I was horrible to that kid, and I’m utterly destroyed that he died thinking I didn’t like him.” You may remember Sue trying extra hard to destroy the Glee club while Finn was in charge–all over his use of the word ‘retard’ in her presence. She’s super-sensitive about that, with a Down’s Syndrome baby, and all. Sue never forgets. But now, she wishes she’d been more forgiving. He was a good guy, and she’ll never get to tell him. She anticipated teaching beside him some day. “There’s no lesson here,” says Sue, “There’s no happy ending. He’s just gone. ” And then Sue says a thing that transcends Glee, straight into the heart of the tragedy of Cory’s death. “It’s just so pointless,” Sue says as she wipes away tears, “All that potential…”

As the kids leave red drumsticks wrapped in black ribbon at Finn’s memorial, Rachel strolls up on Kurt’s arm. “It’s beautiful,” she says, “I just had to see it.”

Can I stop recapping now? Because Rachel singing “To Make You Feel My Love” in the choir room was hard to get through. Knowing that Lea Michele chose the song because it meant something to her and Cory makes it worse. Lea didn’t exactly break character as she sang, it was more like she and Rachel became one, as they grieved for Cory and his fictional counterpart. With her hair straight and in bangs, wearing her “Finn” necklace, and a pink baby doll collared blouse reminiscent of season 1 Rachel, Lea bravely faced her classmates. “I loved Finn and he loved me. He loved all of you guys. I know he did.” The song was the first they sang together while driving in the car. Before Finn, she sang alone. The tears start immediately. It’s so raw and real. The Glee couples sit together. At one point, Kurt and Blaine hold hands and glance, with a look that says, “If I ever lost you…” Santana cradles Sam’s head in her arms. Yes. She comforts Sam. Remember how mad she was at him when he stole her girl? Artie and Mike clutch Tina’s hands as she sobs. It’s a simple, tender, affecting performance. Lea Michele’s performance here is courageous.

Santana hangs up signs, offering a $10,000 award for the return of Finn’s jacket. She tells Will it’s a bait, to reel in the culprit. She plans on kicking the ass of whoever took it. She wants to grab her jacket and get the hell out of dodge. Maybe forever. It just reminds her of everything she’s lost.

As Puck and Beiste replant the tree, he points to the plaque underneath. “What’s tripping me out is the line between the dates. Everything happens in that line.” Beiste asks what he plans to do with his line, and he reveals that he wants to make a man of himself by enlisting in the air force. ”I figure, if I don’t have Finn, I need an army to help me.” Puck takes off on his motorcycle, probably never to be heard from again, because he’s no longer a series regular.

Rachel stops by the choir room bearing a gift. She tells Will that she talks to Finn a lot. She hears his voice and sees his face, and is afraid she will forget it. “I had it all planned out,” Rachel confesses, “I was going to make it big on Broadway, maybe do a Woody Allen movie. Then when we were ready, I would just come back and he’d be teaching here. I’d just walk through those doors and say ‘I’m home.’ And then we would live happily ever after.” She never told Finn her dream, because he already knew. They were soulmates like that. Right now, she can’t imagine moving on without him, “He was my person,” she says with her hand over her heart. She was glad she came back for the memorial. Before it, she wasn’t sure she could sing again. But now she knows that she can. She gives Will a plaque she had made for the choir room. It’s a photo of Finn with a dopey, but endearing quote, “The show must go…all over the place..or something.”

Rachel’s story will probably be focused on her career now. She’ll be driven without romance to distract her. Maybe driven to the point of distraction. Ryan Murphy recently said that Finn will not be forgotten, that his loss will reverberate through the rest of the series. As it should.

Will enters his apartment and sits down on the coach. He opens his briefcase and pulls out….Finn’s letterman jacket. Yep. He’s the culprit who swiped it. Cut to Emma entering the apartment. Will is sobbing, finally, and loudly into the jacket. She wraps her arms around him as he cries…

…and the scene fades to a black and white tribute card. Cory Monteith. 1982-2013. The credits run over a PSA featuring Jane Lynch, Matt Morrison and Kevin McHale, explaining how those who struggle with addiction can get help.
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

Number of posts : 13421
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 9:53 am

I was sad to hear that on the Canadian run of the show the PSA wasn't shown. I was lucky to see the East Cast feed on Fox Rochester.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:48 am

Teddy I agree with you about the show being pretty much perfect. Only thing I did not like was not having Diana and Heather there but other than that Ryan, the writers, Director and cast & crew did an amazing job. They wanted this show to be about how someone is after they lose someone they loved sooooooooooo very much and they got the point across in many different ways and I loved it. The cast was grieving so much and you could see it was them grieving as was their characters. Reading in that article that the scenes were pretty much done in one take cause of the cast and crew sobbing and leaving to get themselves together broke my heart. I know they had got the script right away after it was written and I read that the cast loved what they saw. If anybody had a problem with it they didn't mention it cause in articles all the cast said they loved it and when they shot it they all commended the director and crew and said it was the hardest show they ever had to tape. They also said that one scene in particular shook then to the core and that you would know it when you saw it,(the scene they said that about was never spoken of so that is why I have picked the one i did below.). I believe everybody showed in their scenes just how much they loved and adored Finn/Cory and even with no flash backs the point got put out there that he was loved and he will be missed very much.

i now feel for sure that this is the scene that as the cast and crew put it SHOOK them to the core!  I thought it might be between two scenes but now truly believe it was just this one.

Will finally breaking down after being so strong for everybody else!  Matthew here just breaks my heart and all I want to do is hug him.

Shannon:praying: shannonangel

Last edited by AngelWings on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Kate, I am surprised that they didn't run the PSA in Canada, considering he was a homeboy.

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 5:48 am

There are a few posts like this at The CH where they agree with me:

Quote :
I actually watched it, but thought it wasn't very well done in that it could have and should have showed at least some, if not a lot of, flashbacks of the Finn character. There was only one picture of Cory. It would have been a perfect time to celebrate what his character meant for the show. Instead we got to watch all of them emoting weepiness for an hour, without the show giving us anything to remind the viewer what they were weepy about.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:54 am

People are torn.  Many people thought it was perfect like me and Teddy there were people who were disappointed in the whole thing there were people that loved most of it but were upset with one part of it.  Everybody has opinions on it.

Watch this little clip. The woman talks about how Ryan was quoted saying that not a single decision was made without Lea Michelle so Lea was totally on board which had been posted before in the article Teddy put up.

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Lea being on board doesn't change how I feel about the episode.  Call it a "closure" for the cast but not a tribute to Cory because it wasn't.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Lea being on board doesn't change how I feel about the episode.  Call it a "closure" for the cast but not a tribute to Cory because it wasn't.
But how can you say that. No one was talking bad of him. They were showing how much they loved and cared about him in their feelings. They all loved him so much and all through the show that showed. To me no one was acting that was them really showing their love for a man they just lost both in character and in real life. If people can't see that then I don't know what to say but I thought it was beautiful and I totally understand why they had the hardest time shooting this episode. One last thing it was said Finn/ Cory will not be forgotten so I believe things are going to be revisited in later episodes that have something to do with Finn.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:50 pm

Oh no.  What I mean is it didn't feel like a tribute because we never saw him.   It wasn't the kind of tribute we usually see. As I said, I was looking forward to scenes of him smiling and singing and loving etc.  We never saw him and we never found out what happened to his character.  If someone called to tell you that your 19 year old friend or cousin or neighbor or any 19 year old you knew died - the first thing you would ask is what happened.  We don't know what happened to Finn.  I hope some episode in the future answers that question.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:09 pm

Entertainment Weekly, on the other hand, called it "an earnest, flawed tribute" for denying fans an explanation of why the character Finn died.

"I sympathize with any 'Glee' fan who has spent four years investing in this series, through thick and thin, and in Finn's character in particular. You were not wrong to want to know his fate. You had a right to that answer," argued Jeff Jensen.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:33 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Entertainment Weekly, on the other hand, called it "an earnest, flawed tribute" for denying fans an explanation of why the character Finn died.

"I sympathize with any 'Glee' fan who has spent four years investing in this series, through thick and thin, and in Finn's character in particular. You were not wrong to want to know his fate. You had a right to that answer," argued Jeff Jensen.
But why is it needed? I am glad they didn't put a death in there and I am glad they didn't go and say that Finn was doing drugs. I say this cause I already see comments from people saying mean things of Cory cause he was an addict like it was his fault. Cory got addicted when he was a very young kid not understanding the consequences of his actions and through the years it took it toll and it finally killed him. I do not blame Cory cause addiction is a terrible thing. I did not want to see the same stuff for Finn that I see for Cory. I want Cory/Finn to rest in peace.

ETA: By the way I know what addiction does to people big time also cause I have lived it with my step dad and Mom. With my Stepdad it was worse than with my mom. His addiction is what broke up his first marriage. The addiction was not drugs but major alcohol which can do a lot of damage to.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 6:39 am

I think people would just like closure to the character.  It didn't have to be death due to drugs.  Many shows have had to deal with the death of a actor and have written the character out with closure.  Finn being dead with no idea why is just unsettling for many.  We are left with "What happened to Finn?".  Closure just would have been nice.  They wouldn't have to use the same cause of death as Cory's.  Maybe it will be explained some time in the future.  Or maybe he will not be mentioned again. 

It really is just as simple as some people are OK with it and some people would have preferred it handled a little different.  That is the way entertainment goes though.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 4:23 pm

Spoilers for Episode 7

Title: "Puppet Master"

Songs  

"Cheek To Cheek" - Fred Astaire
* "Into The Groove" - Madonna
* "Nasty"/"Rhythm Nation" (mash-up) - both by Janet Jackson
* "You're My Best Friend" - Queen
* "We Can't Stop" - Miley Cyrus
* "Don't You (Forget About Me)" - Simple Minds
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Ummm so this is interesting.

Quote :
Jayma Mays, who plays the ditzy and OCD guidance counselor, Emma Pillsbury, revealed in a recent interview that it was not her choice to leave Glee:

Why are you leaving Glee? It wasn’t my choice. The creators decided to do it. We knew it was coming last year – some other characters will also be leaving this season. It’s very sad to be going but I understand why they do it. It’s about getting new blood into the show. I really enjoyed playing Emma. I don’t know how I’m written out yet – I’m so curious.

Jayma revealed in an earlier interview that she’ll guest star in a few episodes this season, and that will be it. I assumed she left Glee to star in the CBS comedy, The Millers (Which is doing well in the ratings). Frankly I’m surprised. There was so much build up to the engagement and marriage between Will and Emma, to have that storyline just disappear seems ridiculous. But this is Glee, where so many of the producers. decisions leave me scratching my head.

It seems to me, the presence of adult characters are being scaled back to make room for storylines about the kids inhabiting both the Lima and NYC worlds. It’s too bad, because Jayma is a wonderful comic actress. I loved Emma’s relationship to the kids, as a smart if sometimes befuddled mentor.

Would you prefer to be sent away on an extended holiday or be blown up in a plane crash? That’s a good idea – maybe they could send me to Cabo for a luxurious Mexican beach holiday. Can you call them and suggest it? We should shoot my last episode in Cabo. It’s nice to have finality as a viewer but, on the other hand, it’s sometimes nice to make up the story of what happened to a character yourself. As an actor, it’s nice if it’s open ended. She could come back 20 years from now, like in a soap opera.

My guess is that she won’t be written out at all. We just won’t see her. The show has only this season and next, and it’s over. It won’t be hard to hide her.

Jayma says “other characters will be written out this season.” Who could she be talking about?
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Quote :
Glee 5 Spoilers: More detail on the next episode “A Katy or a Gaga” airing November 7. More on Adam Lambert! Plus: is Jarley on the rocks? And we’ve got confirmation of Starchild’s real name! Hooray

GLEE
Air Date: Thursday, November 07, 2013
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on FOX
Episode Title: (GLE-504) “A Katy or a Gaga”

IT’S TIME TO CHOOSE A POP DIVA SIDE ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 7, ON FOX

Singer-Songwriter and AMERICAN IDOL Runner-Up Adam Lambert Guest-Stars

The members of New Directions tackle their assignment of getting out of their comfort zones and determining whether they’re more like “Katy” (Perry) or (Lady) “Gaga.” Kurt holds auditions for his new band and must decide if he’ll let in the overly bold performer, Starchild (guest star Adam Lambert). Meanwhile, Jake gets closer to Bree (Erinn Westbrook) as he and Marley grow apart in the all-new “A Katy or a Gaga” episode of GLEE airing on Thursday, Nov. 7 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-504) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Kevin McHale as Artie; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Alex Newell as Wade “Unique” Adams; Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn; and Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson.

Guest Cast: Demi Lovato as Dani; Adam Lambert as Elliot “Starchild” Gilbert; Erinn Westbrook as Bree; and Phoebe Strole as Penny Owen.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 9:08 pm

Quote :
Nov. 14: "The End of Twerk"

The glee club learns the dance of the hour: twerking. Meanwhile, Marley discovers Jake’s relationship with Bree and Rachel tries to convince Kurt they both should get tattoos.

Nov. 21: "Movin’ Out"

The New Directions pay homage to Piano Man Billy Joel. As graduation approaches, the seniors make plans for their futures beyond the halls of McKinley.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:05 pm

Ugh they are going to have Jake get close to the witch Bree. I love Jake and Marley together and now they are going to rip them apart like they did others Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

They are re-airing the tribute to Finn episode right now.  Since Baseball is over they had a opening for the show and couldn't play the new one so it makes sense to re-air this one.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:28 pm

Yeah, it's the same ol same ol messin around with the couples. Boo!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Loved Adam on Marry The Night bounce bounce bounce bounce 

Adam was awesome on Roar!!

Adam and Demi fit right in with the Glee cast sunny sunny sunny 

I liked the show a lot and so glad it is back.  Ugh WTF with Sue again.  I am so freaking tired of her.  She is always so freaking bitter and ugly.  When she is kind I love it but it is too far and in between so I forget she can be kind.  She is freaking cruel and I dislike her very much.  Her suspending the glee kids and getting all up in Will's grill is getting way way way old.

I am sooooooooooooooooo sad the show went there with Jake.  I thought maybe just maybe they would have a nice guy who had a beautiful girl around him and it all wasn't about sex but nope they had to make Jake a typical guy.  Poor Marley I am going to so hate when she finds out.  Ugh and to freaking Bree does the girl have no self respect?    Ryan Murphy and writers I am so disappointed in you guys for doing this to Jake and Marley.

Also what the heck is up with Becky and always being a freaking mean brat.  Her being around Sue is maybe not so good.  Sue is rubbing off on Becky.

I am sad Will suspended Marley from Glee for the week even though I kind of understand why he did it.  I do believe he is letting the stress of Nationals, the threat Sue has made to him about New Directions winning or Glee is cut and missing Finn get to him.

I am sad that Marley did not do the assignment for the week.  She did Sexy when she and Kitty sang together and she did sexy for Grease.  She could of done this for the group.  I am so happy Marley stuck up for herself with Jake and stood her ground.  It takes a lot of guts putting your foot down about sex and when you willing to do it.  Marley is not ready and Jake shouldn't make her feel bad cause she isn't ready.

Feel sad for Rachel she misses Finn so much.  I am glad that Kurt talked her into joining the band.  She needs this.

I am glad that Rachel talked Kurt into being himself and then Kurt going back and asking Starchild to be in the band.

The Sam and the nurse story line is kind of cute but how old is she supposed to be?

Artie and Kitty still liking their story line and Pray that Ryan doesn't screw this up.

The new super glee club they introduced was creepy from the clips they were showing of them when they were being spoke of.

Not a fan of the song Applause but I liked how the group sang it.

Marry the Night was amazing throwconfetti throwconfetti throwconfetti 

Roar was amazing and so much fun.  Sad that Melissa Benoist did not get to sing on it No 

Wide Awake was sooooooooo beautiful.  So impressed with the acoustic version of it.  Harmonies so so good.

Teddy if you missed it you can watch the musical numbers here:

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/glee-season-5-katy-gaga-recap-videos.htm

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 1:27 am

Heard the songs for this week and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW WOW to Alex Newell who plays Unique.  His Take on "If I Were A Boy" was breathtaking.  I knew he could sing but this song is a stand out song for him.  It is probably my fave for all songs this week!

Listening to him sing it again and I have goose bumps and am tearing up.  The emotion and feeling from his singing this song is excellent.  I seriously wonder what the context of this performance with be for him.  So emotional.

you can hear the songs here.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/glee-season-5-listen-full-songs-end-twerk-audio.htm

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:17 am

It really is quite an incredible vocal isn't it? Alex does a wonderful job and he's evoking so much emotion. I too wonder what the context of this performance is going to be. I'm thrilled he gets to shine on this song and shine he certainly does.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:27 pm

I finally just watched last week's full episode. I'm really not happy with Jake. Darn freaking writers pulling the same crap again. Yes, teenage guys are really like that but damn it. Just once can they not screw up a couple like that. I understand what Marley was saying but it's not like she truly had to change herself to be someone she wasn't. It was for the assignment. She just had to show she was brave enough and able to transform herself when the time calls for it.

Loved Adam as Starchild/Elliot. So cute.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:19 pm

1) Jake needs to be smacked. What an idiot.

2) Cannot stand Bree. CANNOT STAND HER.

3) Rachel's tattoo of "FINN" made me seriously cry. I just wanted to reach into the TV and hug her. It made me feel for Lea too.

4) Did Kurt seriously get a tongue ring??? I HOPE NOT!

5) The whole twerking thing and "Blurred Lines" was incredibly inappropriate in the context of how it was involved in the story. That is just NOT right.

6) Having more character development with Unique and seeing her more up front was fantastic. The performance of "If I Were A Boy" was so moving. Bravo to Alex and the way he's portrayed this character. I hope this wasn't just a one off thing and we actually get to see more of her.

7) Marley was great on "Wrecking Ball". When the show ended with her singing the line and separating herself from the rest of the group as they celebrated happily was heartbreaking. Will definitely took notice of that.

8) What on earth is wrong with Becky??? That girl needs to be sit down and disciplined!! Good grief she's so mean and bratty. The way she talks to everybody especially the teachers is not right. You'd think with her returning after being suspended after coming clean it would make a difference but instead she's just plain awful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!
Page 20 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: