Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!

Go down 
+5
Hathor
claytoncavaliers
teddyhugz
AngelWings
Firecracker
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:44 am

teddyhugz wrote:
I wish I had someone to actually watch next week's episode with, someone who I can lean on and vice versa. Lea's voice on that small snippet of To Make You Feel My Love makes it so hard to even breathe. I don't begin to understand how she's feeling or how she seems to be holding up so strongly but I can tell you this I don't think there will ever be a day where thinking of Cory or being reminded of him won't leave me in tears.
Oh I know. I plan on buying her song and I tell you it is going to be heartbreaking to listen to. In the little clip you can hear the break in her voice and you can't help it but get a bit emotional. I think it is hard for them all Matthew broke down on stage crying while he was singing a song for him after he had heard of his passing. He still did his concert but just couldn't contain his grief throughout the song. While watching the clip for next week i got teary eyed when they showed the last part with Kurt, Will and Rachel. The looks on their faces and Kurts head being kind of hidden by Finns jacket just broke my heart.

Eta: I am saddened that Will doesn't get a solo. I so wanted to hear Matthew sing a song for Cory!

For this episode I continue to hate Sue and I really hate Bree,(I knew if was going to be her that does the mean evil deed.)

I want to slap Tina but after what happens to her and after her friends are there for her maybe she will shapen up and not be such a witch.

Kitty has turned out to be a very sweet girl which I am really starting to like. Becca Tobin is adorable.

The Sam solo was kind of weird. What was up with the slow motion? Some people are saying they heard that was supposed to be a scene for Finn but with his Cory's death they had to change it to Sam.

Demi did really well. The duet between Dani and Santana very sweet. I liked seeing Santana like this. You don't get to see this side of her enough.

Why is Kurt working at the diner I thought he was working at Vogue.com?

Yay for Rachel cheers cheers cheers cheers 

The songs were good. Loved then all singing "Let It Be" Sooooooooooooooooooo amazing.

Shannon praying shannonangel 
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 81990
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 4:22 am

I didn't care for this episode.  HATED that they went the Carrie route.  That has been done to death and now there is yet another remake coming out!  Hollywood get original please Rolling Eyes

Artie winning would have made a better statement. 

Really hate what they have done with the character of Sue.  Rewarding a student for hurting people???? Takes credible away from the show - which is already OTT in a lot of ways anyway.

Yes, Kitty is becoming very likable.

Next week will be very sad, but I won't need anybody to watch it with me.  I didn't know Cory personally so I will not fall apart.   I am sure it will be a far better episode than last night's.

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

Number of posts : 13421
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 6:22 am

I loved the NY parts of the show this week. Not so much the prom stuff. Yep was happy with the Carrie tribute.
I wanted to sing something from Funny Girl when Rachel got the Franny Brice part, Hubby is like who is Fanny lol.
Sanata with Demi was very cool. A nervous Santana lol.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 6:27 am

I assume you mean "wasn't" happy.  It's just old and you saw it coming a mile away.

I did like the NYC parts of the episode better last night.  I was thrilled for Rachel, but then we knew she would get the part.

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39636
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 5:11 pm

I didn't care for the Carrie deal either. I'm really frustrated by how they keep writing Tina to be such a needy manic bitchy person. I want to see her written more positively. Give her something good! I feel bad for Jenna as she's really underused.

I was surprised Rachel got the part but at the same time I really wasn't at all. I knew that was coming. I've known it was coming for a while now. I hope they juice that story up a bit.

I really enjoyed Demi's character Danni. It was nice to see Santana squirm and be shy. I thought the two were very sweet together.

Kitty really has turned into a sweet girl. It does make her much more likeable. I'd just like to know how they managed to fit Tina in Kitty's dress when Kitty is much smaller and petite! HA!

Sue's shtick is beyond the point of tiresome. Every mean Cheerio reminds her of a younger version of herself. She rewarded Bree for being cruel. I mean really? REALLY? Just how long is it going to be before Bree goes from menace to actually becoming a member of ND and loving it? Bletch! Oh and BTW please don't make her to be some wannabe Santana because there will only ever be ONE SANTANA. So Bree can step off!

The NY story was much better than the Lima one this week.
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 1:01 am

Yes I meant not happy with the Carrie storyline.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:21 pm

Quote :
Writing and shooting the episode, which both memorializes and bids farewell to the character Corey played, Finn Hudson, was hard on everybody, from the creators on down to the crew.

“Almost everything in that episode is from the first take of every performance because the actors and the crew had a really hard time shooting it,’ Murphy said. “I’ve never seen a crew that you can’t continue shooting because they’ve left the room sobbing. It was very hard. I struggled even working on it because what they felt, not just about Finn but Cory.”

Co-creator, Brad Falchuk directed the episode and said it was “the hardest thing I’ve ever done.” His method, basically demanded the actors live their personal grief in front of the camera.

“My job as a director was to keep everyone in that grief because I didn’t want anything fake in the episode, and I didn’t want anyone to pretend they were sad,” he added. “I wanted them to be sad about what they were sad about and to stay in that for the two weeks it took to shoot that — and to keep pulling everyone back and to take care of them when they went there — was a lot. I had a hard time. I’m more proud of it than anything I’ve ever done. It’s for Cory.”

On writing the episode with co-creator, Ryan Murphy:

“We talked through a lot of different ideas of the possible ways to do this,” Falchuck said. “We sort of came upon what we decided to do–and it was this. Ryan and I sort of wrote it very quickly. It was emotionally very challenging to write, but as a piece of work not very hard to write. We’ve been writing the show for a long time and know the characters very well. There was less rewrites than we probably had in years.”

Santana, played by Naya Rivera, had a rocky relationship with the character Finn Hudson. She plays a pivotal role in the episode:

“[Cory's passing] is heartbreaking and it’s even harder to have to mourn the loss of your friend on camera when it’s not acting, per se. It’s a real thing and it’s trippy in that way. It’s tough. but at the same time it’s good that we’re doing it because the fans loved him just as much as we do. It will be good to get a sense of closure and be included in it. I feel like that’s what Cory would have wanted.”

Viewers never learn how Finn dies. Also, there are NO references to drugs or addiction in the episode, although, reportedly, drug hotline PSAs will run during commercial breaks. The story is a meditation on grief, says Falchuk, and how the people who knew and loved Finn deal with his passing.

“There is no mention of addiction at all in the episode,” Falchuck said. “This episode is about grief, it’s not about any message. It’s about what it means to lose a friend. It’s not about how that friend is lost, it’s just about how people react to that loss.”

“It’s a tribute to him,” he said. “And I think it’s lovely that it’s hard. There’s no answers in it. Nobody says anything that makes anybody else feel better…because nobody feels good about it. Just like in real life. We went in the day of shooting and nothing was really said. Everyone knew what we were there for. He’s our friend. He’s everybody’s friend. No one had to be reminded about what it was about. Nobody needed any help. There was a lot of crying and a lot of hugging, a lot of taking a moment. And lot of quiet. It was a very quiet set.”
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:30 pm

kleenexgirl kleenexgirl kleenexgirl kleenexgirl kleenexgirl 

Wow to this whole show!

Seasons of Love and showing the picture of Finn was a brilliant loving opening.

Mercedes singing "I'll Stand By You" and singing it with so much love and emotion was a start to getting choked up.  She was truly singing this to Cory!

Santana totally going off on Sue was like OMG.  Santana loved Finn even though she dissed him a lot.  Naya sounded amazing on "If I Die Young.  You could feel her sadness in her tone while singing and you real could feel her pain when she couldn't control her tears and ran away from all..

Sue talking to Santana and Sue showing she actually cared made me remember how she was when her sister passed away.

Puck opening up to Coach Beiste and showing some grief and her grieving with him kept the choked up feeling going.  His take on Bruce Springsteens "No Surrender" was brilliant and so poignant.

The guys singing the James Taylor song was beautiful.

Tears started welling up when Kurt, Burt and Carol were going through Finn's stuff.  All three of them got to me so much.  So much pain and sadness.  Rorys,(the woman who plays Carol), moment was a wow moment.  She never had a scene like that in all the time she was on the show and for this one she just took everybody's heart.  The way she played this it was like she really was his mother grieving.  I am not a mother but I am an Aunt and I know if something happened to one of them I would just die.

With Rachel tears started again. From her first appearance on the show they started.   Her emotional rendering of "To Make You Feel My Love" with the breaks in her voice was Lea singing for Cory totally!!!  My heart broke for her.  Eta: I honestly thought will was going to lose it when they showed him.  When you looked in his eyes they were shaking,(I think Matthew was holding on with all he had to keep the tears in till it was time for his big scene).

Tears really came down when Finally when I thought it would not happen was when I got to see Will just let go and let it all out and finally broke down.  Matthew has my heart.  From what I heard when Matthew found out that Cory had passed away and he was at his concert he did the song for Cory and broke down crying just like he did hear as Will.  Have to say thank you thank you thank you for having Jayma Mays be here for this show.  It was important for Emma to be in this one and the end scene with her taking a sobbing Will in her arms was just so emotional and loving.  Eta: When the jacket went missing I at first thought it was Puck then I thought Rachel but never thought it was Will but when you think about it it made sense. Will loved Finn like brother,(Finn always looked up to Will like a son to a father), and he wanted something of Finn to help him through this grief.

Many of the cast and crew said there was a scene that totally shook them and I say it has to be between two scenes.  It was either when Santana was going off on Sue and pushed her or it was when Will took the jacket out of his bag and totally broke down!!  Both of those scenes were just so powerful and totally shook me to the core. 

I have been watching the videos of the songs of the show and so many little moments going on.  Like in Rachel's performance there is Will trying to keep it together, there is Santana holding Sam, There is the very special Klaine look, there is Mike grabbing onto Tina's hand,(they should of never broken them up), and holding it and there is artie also holding tina's hand and looking at her.  There are the very real tears on Amber, jenna and Lea's faces.  Just made me hurt for them.

I wanted to hug all of theml!

The show was sorely missing Diana and Heather!

Great show and I liked how they did not show the preview for the next show and just mentioned when it would be back.

Oh did anybody notice that the crying were all the ones from seasons 1 through 4?  The ones from only Season 4 were only showing sadness,(nothing wrong with that of course).  I am thinking this is cause they hadn't got to know Cory like the rest.  Oh yes I know Blaine and weren't in season 1 but they were there for 2 to 4 so he knew him a long time.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 4:16 am

I was disappointed with the episode.  Sorry, but I just was.

I did want the cause of his death to matter on the show.  I do not like that it was not stated. I don't need a list of why it wasn't so don't do that.  I wanted it stated and was disappointed it wasn't.  Also, I thought (like all tribute episodes) we would see flashbacks of Finn (Cory). I was looking forward to seeing his memorable moments. But no sign of him other than his photo at the end. Don't care WHY they did it that way, I was disappointed they did it that way.  I thought there was some bad over acting and I knew who stole the jacket the second it was gone. Saw that coming a mile away. 

Great song choices and the kids sang them all beautifully, but it was not what I expected as a tribute and I was disappointed. 

Well, on to Adam!

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 6:12 am

And let me come right out and state my biggest beef - the opening line. "It's not how one dies, it's how one lives".  Well, that is wonderful if the one who dies is NOT an addict.  An addict lives his life in HELL! 24/7 HELL. Their life is lies, deceptions, fears.  If we are to conclude that Finn died of an overdose as an addict, then the way he lived his life was awful, painful, and lonely no matter how many friends.  If we are to assume he died of some other cause - then state it.  It can't be both ways.  It can't be "think how great his life was if he died from drugs".  As you all know I know EXACTLY what I am talking about!

So I didn't like that. Not at all.

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

Number of posts : 21954
Registration date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:19 am

Bravo FC!! Glee had the perfect opportunity to possibly help others struggling with addiction by being open and up front about how and why Cory died.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 41957

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:28 am

I didn't watch but from the sounds of it they wimped out.  From what I had heard Michelle wanted to deal with it up front so it must have been Ryan Murphy who wimped out on it.  Perhaps rather than having done a farewell to Finn episode, they should have used the hour as an opportunity to have those close to Corey speak about how they were affected by his addiction and what they watched him go through.  Opportunity missed.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:43 am

THAT would have been the best tribute Canear!!

They did wimp out and as a mother who has seen her kid go through hell, OD,  and all the hell after the OD - I was pissed that it was washed over when it COULD have helped somebody!!  

I am glad you two see it my way as I knew Angel (and I am sure Teddy) loved the whole thing and the whole time I was pissed!  Not only that it was washed over but that they did not have any scenes of Cory/Finn.  No montage of he and Rachel as she sang "Feel My Love", which would have been beautiful. 

A+ for song choices and singing
F- for telling the story properly

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:52 am

No scenes of Corey?  Shocked   It was supposed to be a tribute to him.  That's just strange.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:53 am

NO SCENES OF CORY!!!  His photo at the end.  They just talked about him being dead (no reason given) and that they miss him.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:00 am

in spoilers they said that Finn never had a drug problem and they did not want to just throw out there that he did.  They didn't put how he died cause that is not what they wanted the show to be about they wanted to let the cast and crew grieve the loss of their friend and also find a way to honor Cory to.  I thought they did that.  Also I knew there would be no flash backs cause i read write ups for the show throught out this whole time so i knew what to expect.

This is what had me crying so hard:

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 Tumblr_muhgo7ucrS1r4yh8wo6_r1_250

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:09 am

I don't read GLEE spoilers (or watch the song and dance numbers ahead of time) as you know.  Wouldn't matter if I knew ahead of time.  I think no scenes of Cory was a bad and disappointing choice. I have NEVER seen a tribute show that didn't show fave scenes of the person the tribute is for. 

It they didn't want to write Finn with a drug problem then write in a cause of death. One doesn't just die at 19.  There has to be a reason.  Either write a storyline explaining the death or treat it honestly.  This wasn't JUST about the cast grieving.  The cast could get together privately and do that, this was about fans of the show/Finn grieving also.  I think they cheated the fans of a proper tribute.  They could have had it not be a regular episode, but Cory's best scenes being show while the cast and crew talk about him.  They could have shown behind the scenes footage.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:29 am

They didn't say how he died either?

I guess I shouldn't say anything more since I don't watch the show but how it was done just seems bizarre to me.

...and my apologies to Lea......I called her Michelle earlier.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:36 am

Nope. They do not say how Finn died. Just that he is dead.  Which gives the character no real closure IMHO. 19 year olds don't just die. SOMETHING happened to Finn!

And Angel, while it was never shown that Finn had a drug issue it could have been written in that way as MANY addicts conceal their problems for years.  If they didn't want the character to be a drug addict/user they could have written it where he experimented and accidentally ODd, mixed the wrong drugs etc. or go in another direction and have him die in an accident of some kind.  Not just ignore a cause a death.

Back to top Go down
flipe4u

flipe4u

Number of posts : 1546

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:59 am

I never watched Glee but will begin to, after the World Series is done.

Exerpt from a good article I read:

While the storyline didn't touch on the issue of drug addiction, a brief public service announcement delivered by cast members over the closing credits reminded the audience how Monteith had battled substance abuse and lost his battle.

Full article here:
http://news.yahoo.com/fallen-actor-mourned-glee-tribute-021011428.html
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:35 am

It was VERY brief. Like 29 seconds.

Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:29 am

I loved the episode but I can see FC's point of view too.

I loved Puck and the Coach and Will.

I don't know why they didn't say how Finn died.
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Like I said, I loved the songs chosen and the singing was amazing as always.  I love the original cast members.  It was a shame no Heather (but she just had her baby) and no Diana (with rumors the cast and crew didn't want her there).  My issues were NO Corey and no cause of death.

Obviously I am not just a fan of the show who was watching in my carefree bubble. Drug addiction has invaded my life to a point that it will never be a totally peaceful simple life again. Not ever.  So I didn't like the glossing over of the subject.  It should have hit hard like it does in real life. Like it hit Cory.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 2:43 pm

It's quite upsetting to read that some were disappointed with last night's episode. You have the right to feel whatever way you do I know that but I'm quite stunned to read anyone was unhappy with the episode and the way it was done.

Yes, I loved last night's episode. Yes, I thought it was done perfectly. PERFECTLY. Sure they could have included more to bring to light the suffering and pain addiction brings not simply to the addict themselves but to all the people in that person's life too but I understand why that wasn't at the forefront of the episode. While you don't want to hear it I'm going to say it anyway they didn't want Cory's real life troubles to fall onto Finn. It would NOT have made any sense for them to have had Finn die from an overdose! THAT WAS NOT FINN. They had to stay true to the character and yet find a way to honor Cory at the same time and bid them both farewell. As was mentioned in the article I brought over yesterday prior to the episode Ryan and Brad specifically stated this episode was not to be about how one died but to be about how those in the person's life dealt with it and grieved. I don't think they could have done what they did any better or any other way. Many of the scenes in last night's episode were taken from the very first SHOT they filmed of each scene. Many of the actors left the room SOBBING after filming scenes and couldn't be continuously shot like they normally are. If what you saw and think to be is overacting believe me it was not. They were all acting but at the same time they pulled from their own personal grief over Cory and I felt every single ounce of it. I saw real, true, honest and raw emotion come out of every single one of them. Will breaking down at the end? That was Matthew through and through. Rachel's beautiful but broken performance was completely Lea. The song she did was done upon her own special request because it held personal meaning to her and Cory. Maybe in the future they will reveal how Finn died but if they never do I'll be okay with that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!
Page 19 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: