Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!

Go down 
+5
Hathor
claytoncavaliers
teddyhugz
AngelWings
Firecracker
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42051
Registration date : 2009-06-09

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:21 pm

hugging 
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39698
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Thank you canear. hugging right back.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Teddy glad you liked the song I posted from Kristin. It is one of my favorites from her and when my step-aunt passed away I listened to it a lot and really listened to the lyrics and I thought it fit for Cory.

Cory singing that song gets me all the time and that video is so good. The ending shots break my heart though cause that is CORY AND LEA doing photo shoot shots and you can just see how much they are in love Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

The way I feel over Cory's death is the same I felt when Sergei Grinkov died. I was shocked and so sad for awhile. Yes I did not know either but just something about them and the whole thing of who was being left behind gutted me.

Shannon praying shannonangel 

Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

Number of posts : 13421
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Good article from Francis Marchand entertainment journalist for the Vancouver sun on Cory Monteith

Cory - Vancouver
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:43 pm

FC is there anyway of fixing that link so it doesn't throw the whole thread out of wack?  I so hate scrolling side to side to read.

Good article by the way.

Last edited by AngelWings on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:16 pm

MJ's is the place to be.  She has got stuff in place on Cory and will keep all updated especially when they put out the autopsy news.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/cory-monteith-news-and-twitter-roundup.htm

Aww Chord kept his commitment to play in the softball game and dedicated him homer to Cory sunny 

Alex dedicated his show to Cory

People loved him that is for sure.

Teddy it seems we are going to get our wish for what they do with Finns character for Glee.  They did not go into detail here but it is said that next season will be dedicated to Cory and there will be a tribute episode.  Also what I mentioned in the Adam Glee thread about filming possibly being halted for a bit may come true and it really would not shock me if it is done.  Cory was huge to Glee and the loss is going to take awhile and how they are going to change things for the season since Finn won't be there.  They have to change all they had planned.

ETA: taking this from the MJ page and putting it here just in case anybody is interested.

Cory’s's reps said Sunday that donations can be made in his honor at Project Limelight’s website http://www.projectlimelightsociety.org/ or via email at Project Limelight Society, 225 E. Georgia Street, Vancouver, B.C., V6A 1Z6.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 12:19 am

I was just reading all that over on mj's. Yes, I think production on Glee will be halted for a bit. I can see it being put on hold until August. I read about Chord and Alex dedicating their individual events today to Cory.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82206
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:14 am

No links are causing the page to stretch for me.

Do you mean the link Kate brought?  I'll change that one but not sure that is it shrugging

I am glad that they are doing a tribute episode. Man that is going to be so hard for Lea....

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:22 am

Firecracker wrote:
No links are causing the page to stretch for me.

Do you mean the link Kate brought?  I'll change that one but not sure that is it shrugging

I am glad that they are doing a tribute episode. Man that is going to be so hard for Lea....

Yep it was the link Kate brought over. I am on my lap top and was having to scrowl side to side cause the link she had it was posting really long.

Thanks for changing it.

I am happy the season is being dedicated to him and I am glad there will be the tribute to him.

Things are going to be hard for the whole cast for awhile especially to the ones closest to Cory and especially Lea.

Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:38 am

FC thanks for fixing the link. CBC did quite a bit on The National last night showing some interviews with Cory.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 am

I watched CTV National News and the dumb bunnies caught his cousin outside the hotel.  Poor guy was in tears and asked for some privacy.  I could have smacked them. No
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:45 am

I didn't see that on the western portion of the National. Just that the coroner seemed overwhelmed.
I guess that was like when Erro Flynn died in a hotel room there and it was a much smaller city back then.
If anyone ever watches Davinci's Inquest (I think CBS carries it) the show is looselybased on former Vancouver Coroner/Mayor Larry Campbell and many of the stories are based on real stories.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:51 am

It was on CTV with Sandy Rinaldo last night, not The National. It was pretty tacky.

I hope the media respects Lea's privacy as she has requested. No doubt they'll be hounding the poor girl. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 am

D'oh moment. That does sound tacky. I usually watch the National as it's on at 10pm.
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:39 pm

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:17 pm

I found these over at mj's just a little while ago. There's also supposed to be a further statement from Mark Sailing but I can't seem to find it.

•Glee star, Naya Rivera has released a statement in the aftermath of  the death of her dear friend and co-worker, Cory:  ”The entire Glee family and I are deeply saddened by this tragedy. Cory was and always will be a part of my own family and a good friend. He was a special part of this world and will forever be missed. My heart goes out to Cory’s family and Lea and while we are grateful for everyone’s well wishes, privacy during this time of grief is greatly appreciated.” (Hollywood Reporter)

•Actor, Mike O’Malley, who plays step-dad, Burt Hummel, to Cory’s character, Finn on Glee says of the late star, “”Cory Monteith was a great guy; Funny, deep, thoughtful, and hardworking,” O’Malley tells PEOPLE. “In real life, he was the coolest dude, generous, and a great friend to his pals. As Finn Hudson, he did what so many actors strive to do: authentically portray human behavior in a specific, understated manner, thereby eliciting laughter and creating camaraderie with his audience.  If an ability to show others kindness and fostering fellowship are two qualities that all humans should strive for, Cory mastered them long before he died. He deserved a long life. His death has rocked all of us at Glee.”
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:40 am

The original article can be found if you

CLICK HERE <----------.

Quote :

Cory Monteith: Thoughts on Losing 'Glee's Heartbeat

By Rae Votta  | July 14, 2013 11:00 PM EDT

"Finn was our hero, our everyman"

Early Sunday morning (late Saturday night on the west coast) my phone began to light up with text messages. First it was rumors that "Glee" star Cory Monteith had passed away, and then came condolences once the Vancouver police confirmed his death. People were checking to see if I was all right. I didn't know Cory personally, but my friends know I've spent countless hours writing about Cory and "Glee" for Billboard and other news organizations. I'm a gleek, and as one I'm deeply saddened by the loss of Cory.

It's a blessing to write about Cory before we have an autopsy, before the specter of reasons for his death cloud our memory and our sorrow over it. All what's important is a young man with a lot of promise died too soon, which is an all-too frequent tale whether we're talking about television stars or ordinary kids.

Cory had one of the hardest roles to play on "Glee," because he often had to be unlikeable but always sympathetic. Finn was positioned as our hero, our everyman who -- while Kurt and Rachel had solid passion and trajectory -- floundered when the story moved from high school to college. He clung to wild ideas, he lashed out, he thought he was being helpful when he was sometimes being oafish or accidentally cruel. He could sing, but he wasn't Rachel Berry. He was all of us, looking for a place but scared to take it when it was within reach. He was popular, but keenly aware of the threat of Lima Loser-hood, that he needed to be better than his circumstances to escape, even if he had no idea how do that just yet.

Cory was one of the few main cast members I hadn't had the privilege of interviewing during my time covering Glee for Billboard, nor was he one I had run into in mutual circles. Instead my appreciation and understanding of him came in the most part through my television screen, or interviews on YouTube, GIFs on Tumblr, witty tweets retweeted. I have one moment with him that's so miniscule compared to I'm sure the many others out there, but also so similar to the experience that many of his fans have had, and treasure, over the years. Just a moment of warmth, from Cory.

I paid for somewhat ridiculously priced second-row seats for the "Glee" tour in 2011, and thanks to the front row being filled with 5 year olds who didn't come up to my chin when standing on their chairs, I had a first row view. It was an overwhelming experience, with more than a dozen cast members and dancers often all on the stage at once, lights and video screens and confetti and the never-ending cheers around me. I remember explicitly once my neck craned to get a look at Chris Colfer across the stage when I felt eyes on me, rare in an arena setting when all eyes are always on the stage. I looked straight up to see Cory, impossibly tall above me, smiling knowingly down right at me.

Some of his best work on "Glee" over the years was with Colfer's Kurt Hummel -- the pair transitioning from being drastically on different sides of the high school coin as queer kid and straight bully (by default, Finn was somewhat passive in his bullying) to show choir teammates, and eventually, to brothers when their widowed parents married in season two. Finn's growth was the growth "Glee" inspires in the outside world -- from intolerance to acceptance, with every bump along the way. His work in these moments, between him and Colfer, or him and Mike O'Malley as his stepfather Burt, spoke of a deep talent for tapping into such universal but tricky-to-convey feelings with compassion and a gentle hand.

He knew, more than most, why I might have been transfixed on his frequent scene partner. I was caught, but his warmth meant I wasn't in trouble; there was no jealousy or annoyance. We were in on this together, this moment in the arena where there was just too much to see and do. And that's all. For Cory I was some random woman, so distracted by his coworker that I'd almost missed him, even though he was close enough to touch. For me, it's my "Cory Monteith Story." That's the fan experience, and Cory's generosity in my and all his fans' treasured moments is what makes being a fan of someone like him so rewarding. Even now, in his death, for those of us who only knew him from the outside looking in, the way his spirit inspired a fandom often fraught with frustration and arguments, to circle the wagons and celebrate a life. Any frustrations we had with the turns "Glee" had taken with his character are mellowed and easily overshadowed by the man behind the character who was upbeat, giving and kind. He channeled his past experiences into ways to help others, working with homeless youth with Virgin Unite, championing arts education and standing up as a straight ally for LGBTQ issues.

"Glee" is a million beating hearts together, and a true ensemble show with a passionate fan base that can get as excited about a background character as they do of a supposed lead role, but there's no denying that Cory's heart beat among the loudest. Whenever the show returns in whatever form they choose to deal with this great loss, we'll feel that missing beat.

Rae Votta has written passionately about "Glee" for Billboard since 2011. Click here for an archive of her stories, recaps and interviews with cast-members.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 7:13 am

That is a very sweet and touching story.

Still hard to believe he is gone.....

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:49 am

Apparently shooting is being pushed back a month with new episodes not airing until November.  

I was just reading an article and came across this picture of Cory and Leah ...... they looked so happy together........just look at the way she looks at him.......Crying or Very sad

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 70988802
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:08 am

The look of love......

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Damn heroin........the reason I worry so much about Eric.......

Quote :
Cory Monteith died from a lethal combination of heroin and alcohol ... this according to Canadian authorities.

The British Columbia Coroners Service says an autopsy and toxicological analysis show that the 31-year-old "Glee" star died on from a "mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol."

Monteith's body was discovered by staffers at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver, Canada on July 13.

Monteith had struggled with addiction for years and had been to rehab earlier this year.

Monteith had said he began struggling with drugs and alcohol as a young teenager.

Story developing ...

Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Damn, so so sad. I was just going to post the link too. Yesterday before we went to the memorial service we dropped in at a collectible store we had sold some stuff too last year. The owner was a regular customer at Zeller's store we worked at. We were talking about Cory since his son had been friends since kindergarten. The store owner said he spent more time at his house then at home as his son and Cory were such good friends. Also Cory`s parents were divorced and his dad was in the Forces and rarely saw Cory until they reconciled a few years ago. I did find out that Cory went to the same HS my daughter graduated from before he got kicked out. She loved the school as it worked with special needs and slower learners like her self and also has an awesome music program but I guess Cory just didn't even fit there. Thank god for Western Opportunity Network school for him.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:58 pm

It is so very sad Kate. But heroin is about the hardest drug to quit. It really gets a hold of you and won't let go. And if he had not used since rehab and then the other night gave in to temptation and used the amount he used to use before rehab it would be too much for him after not using for a few months. Add in alcohol and....fatal mistake.

How sad for the shop owner and his family. Many memories I am sure.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Damn it all.  I was hoping that wasn't the case.  

I guess I can't understand how an addict's mind works.  Here is someone with from all appearances, everything to live for.......success, a beautiful girlfriend who adored him, lots of friends and so on.  He was there meeting with the foundation that he worked with kids he was encouraging to help themselves. It just sucks.  Lea will be wondering 'what if' for the rest of her life.  No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!
Page 13 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: