Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!

Go down 
+5
Hathor
claytoncavaliers
teddyhugz
AngelWings
Firecracker
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39694
Registration date : 2009-05-31

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:54 pm

I too hoped beyond hope that this would not be the outcome and cause of Cory's death. Deep down I knew realistically it very well could be and sadly it is. I am so much more heartbroken now than I was before. Up until now all the supposed reports we've read and heard leading up to his final days and hours were nothing but reports to me but now they hold truth. It's a very sad and unfortunate truth at that. I know now so many are throwing anger at Cory and dumping on him and while that is understandable, while it's part of the process and they have the right to be, I can't find it in myself to be angry at him. Cory at the heart of everything was a kind, loving, gentle soul and I won't picture him as anything else. Clearly he was deeply troubled far more than anyone obviously must have realized. Addiction is truly an ugly and disgusting disease. Heroin is the worst of anything. I'm so heartbroken over this far more than I can fully express. It hurts. It just hurts.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42047
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Those dumping on him are truly ill informed nit wits who don't understand that addiction is a disease not a choice.  Pay no mind to them.  You can't take an anti-biotic to get rid of addiction.  All you can do is pray that the person is strong enough to fight off the constant hold the addiction has on them.  For some reason, Cory felt the need to take that heroin and have a few drinks.  This is why I feel so horrible for Lea.  As hard as she tried to help him.  As much as she loved him and he, her, the addiction was stronger.  She will probably wonder all her life why she wasn't enough.  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82191
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Nothing is stronger than heroin addiction and nothing means more to a user than getting the next fix. No matter what you see on the surface - no matter what they let you see - they are thinking of the next fix. Trust me.  There is nothing Lea or his friends could possibly have done.

And yes, the people pissed have never known an addict and don't have a clue what hell they live. He had a public face he put on for the world.  And trust me - a heron addict goes to school and work and out with friends, sits and talks with you,  and you can live with them and have no stinking clue what is going on when they are in the bathroom!  That was us.

We know exactly what all to look for - NOW. Poor Lea may not have known or she may have known and couldn't help him.

And if I have learned anything from all these celebs dying of drug overdoes it is that it doesn't seem to matter that they are rich, successful, talented, gorgeous. Whatever pain is in their lives those things don't compensate for it.

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:32 pm

No it doesn't.  I'm just so glad to see that the media is dealing with this in respectful manner ...... so far.  Unfortunately the minute Lea shows her face, all bets will be off I'm sure.

Glee is going to be in a difficult position on how to deal with this.  They can just have Finn disappear which I wouldn't think would be an option since he was a major character.  They can't replace Cory.  I wonder if they'll choose to deal with it head on.

Last edited by canear on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

Number of posts : 21954
Registration date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:35 pm

I feel very sorry that a young man with so much promise could not kick his addiction even with
success and so much love.

However the one my heart beaks for is Leah!! She must be devastated. In every photo, you could
see how much she loved Cory.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:43 pm

The character of Finn had been in the military service for part of a season. They could have him return and be killed in the line of service.

They could start the season with time having passed and have it said he left college as it wasn't for him and he return to military duties. Then in time they could receive word he was killed in the line of duty. Then you have the character written out of the show as a hero and the friends could all get together for the funeral and have the tribute episode.

If I were Ryan this is how I would do it. I wouldn't write the drug addiction into the storyline.  It would be out of character for one and very difficult for his family.

If Ryan really wished to tackle a drug abuse storyline he could with a new character.

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39694
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:55 pm

Darren canceled all his appearances for the week earlier today. He was scheduled to be on GMA this morning and apparently on Access Hollywood this evening. He did attend the movie premiere of his film Girl Most Likely last night but in all the photos it's clearly evident he was not doing well. Gone was the usual welcoming adorable smile and fun-loving demeanor. He looked as though he wanted to be anywhere but there. He wore a small black ribbon on his lapel in remembrance of Cory.

The producers are considering delaying production for a month which would push back the premiere date until November to give everyone time to breathe and grieve. I found the following over at mj's.

Quote :
Fox officials began talks Monday about how to handle the death of “Glee” star Cory Monteith. One of the show’s breakout stars, Monteith was found dead Saturday, alone in a Vancouver hotel room.

One idea that is said to be getting a serious look is to delay production for about a month, “to let everyone breathe,” a Fox source said. That move would force the show to miss its original production start date next week.

Monteith had been expected to play a major role in the first two episodes of the series next fall. In an unusual step, both episodes were written before cast and crew took the summer off.

Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

Number of posts : 13421
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:34 pm

I hope the link works here. http://www.cheknews.ca/?bckey=AQ~~,AAAA4mHNTzE~,ejlzBnGUUKY1gXVPwEwEepl35Y795rND&bclid=975107450001&bctid=2549566935001

Yes FC from what I have read heroin is one of the hardest drugs to kick the habit.

Unfotunately Vancouver is a very easy City to score heroin. Being a Pacific port city it has been a gateway to drugs from Asia since the days of opium dens.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Damn Damn Damn the news I just did not want to hear and that was that Cory died of an overdose. I was praying so freaking hard but it is what it is. I wonder if he drank the alcohol first and was a bit anebriated and then got offered the Heroin and did it cause he was in no condition to think straight. This is so so sad and I tell ya this is why I want Aj McLean to do what he can to stay sober and clean and for Lindsey Lohan to get herself clean and other addicts to do what they are doing and fight their hardest to keep their sobriety. I just don't want to keep seeing these people lose their lives.

Teddy ignore the ignorant people. My step-dad was an alcoholic and he could not stop drinking and the only time he was not drinking was when he was sleeping and when he was at work. So many tried to get him to stop even a dr who said he was going to die if he didn't. He lost his life when he got sick but he drank to to the last breath of his life. Addiction is horrible.

Saying prayers for Lea, the Glee family, Cory's family and friends.

Eta: what is so eeary is Whitney Houston and Cory both talked to people the day they died and both said things were wonderful and fine and were making plans with people. They both died in hotel rooms and they both died of overdoses of drugs and alcohol.

Shannon praying shannonangel 
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:05 am

This is a very good article to read. It touches on what I talked about and how one takes the wrong "dosage" of a drug that HAD been used to doing. I firmly believe that is what happened with Cory. It's what happened with Eric - but thank God somebody found him right away. Cory was alone in a hotel room and nobody was there to find him and get him immediate help. If someone had been staying with him - the outcome might have been different......

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/07/17/cory-monteith-experts-not-surprised-by-post-rehab-death/?intcmp=features

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:14 am

BTW - this is what was used on Eric and is used for most all ODs. IF you are ever (god forbid) in a situation where you believe someone has OD's - especially on an opiate - mention that when calling 911 and they will be sure to have enough of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naloxone

They used it on Eric in the gas station and again at the ER. It truly, truly, saves lives IF you get to the person on time.

Sometimes I wish people in Cory's situation never allowed themselves to travel alone. Not that that would have been 100% save, but who knows.....All the what ifs... such a damn shame.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:47 am

Very interesting info FC.  I think this is what is going to eat away at Lea.  Crying or Very sad 

I just don't understand his so called 'friends' that went out drinking with him.  Why would they do that knowing his issues?  Were they that ill informed?  I know he would have done it with or without them, if he was so inclined but why enable?

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:20 am

Trust me, when you love an addict you live in denial. I am sure he told her he was doing fine and she believed it - because you just do.  Because you want to believe it with all your heart and you believe they will be honest with you.

Also, addicts are experts at hiding their usage.

Lea is no doubt beating herself up right now, but Eric would be the first one to tell her there was nothing she could do. 

It is a shame his friends drank with him, but yes, even if they hadn't Cory would have done what he wished......

Eric always says "Nobody made me an addict but me and nobody can stop be from being an addict but me". And it is true.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:34 am

It's just all so sad ........... Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:04 am

Yes it is. And sadly soon there will be another talented young actor/musician dead from an OD that we will be discussing.  And then another.....

Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 12:11 pm

FC thank you for the insight into addiction. As Robert Downey Jr. says he has to fight the beast every single day.

This Wednesdays paper had a write up about Cory attending the alternative school for Grade 11 and 12 but looks like he never graduated. He still kept in touch with some of his teachers and sent some photos that are in the main office.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Kate, let me tell ya - I WISH I didn't know a damn thing about heroin addiction!!  Not a thing! I never in a million years thought it would touch my life!  It was a total shock to us!

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:48 pm

((FC))

The more I am reading, the more it is obvious the Cory should not have been in Vancouver on his own and that the one month in rehab wasn't near enough.  Crying or Very sad 

This is sort of OT but not really.  You know I tend to go off the edge whenever I see or hear that Adam has been out partying and drinking and sometimes appears stoned (not saying he is but sometimes he has appeared to be).  I go off because I worry.  I worry because while everything may seem to be great in public, we never truly know what goes on behind closed doors.  I worry because I don't ever want to loose him to this kind of thing.  I just don't.
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:37 pm

I know Canear. It would have been nice if he had brought Lea to Victoria to see were he had grown up but he could have just as easily done the same here even if she was with him.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:23 pm

I understand Canear. I just don't think Adam has the issues that Cory did. Cory had a trouble childhood. Adam had awesome parents and so much love and support through everything.

A month in rehab really is not enough for someone who has been an addict for 1/2 his life.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:56 pm

I know FC, but I will always worry.  Life in the limelight is not easy and the drugs are so readily available.

Kate, I know.  He was obviously using while in LA with Lea.  The story I saw on ET indicated that Vancouver is one the top heroin havens in North America and is readily available in bars and clubs.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:10 pm

You would be surprised how easy heroin is to get! Here is little Sugar Grove, IL. amid the farmlands.

You would also be surprised how many people are using it! People in great neighborhoods in their 30s with big time jobs! I have read countless articles and interviews and watched You Tubes. It is stunning when you check it all out!

There is a good article that explains reasons why a lot of people get on heroin. Most common users - people with anxiety, panic attacks, depression. Well that's Eric.

I wonder if Cory ever suffered from anxiety and panic attacks during his youth which lead to using shrugging

Heroin relieves anxiety and panic attacks and also makes it very easy to be social if you are socially awkward.  Cory got into trouble so young. Maybe he had a hard time fitting in when he was a teen.

Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Especially if it was heroin.
This is an interview with Maurice Gibb on his alcohol addiction. Very honest and indepth.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:15 pm

UGH! My first husband was an alcohol! That is a whole other sort of horrible!!

Poor Maurice. Died so young.

Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Yes listening to Maurice tell how even hitting rock bottom a few times didn't do anything until one incident finally hit home when his wife said that was the last straw. I'm sure all the abuse he put his body through with booze contributed his too early death
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!   GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV! - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

GLEE - SONG AND DANCE ON TV!
Page 14 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: