Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS

Go down 
+10
dancingdigits
stanley2
teddyhugz
zara
canear
Sky
WISCathy
foreveryoung
claytoncavaliers
Firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:27 am

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 8041 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 8041 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 8041 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 8041 I officially have my Adam Cd AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 8041 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 8041 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 8041 I hope I will be able to get to the store before Friday to get my physical copy of the cd!!

Shannon AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 223329 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 852399
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39766
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:32 am

Awesome!!!! Glad you have your Adam CD finally Angel!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:45 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Awesome!!!! Glad you have your Adam CD finally Angel!

I should of said I have my Itunes Cd cause I don't have a physical copy yet, but hell it is the same thing cause I bought it and I have the songs AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 Icon_sunny AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 Icon_sunny

Shannon AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 223329 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 852399
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:48 am

Absolutely! Of course it's the same thing.

Just got it all loaded onto my iPhone. I can go to bed happy now. Yay!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:54 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Absolutely! Of course it's the same thing.

Just got it all loaded onto my iPhone. I can go to bed happy now. Yay!

Very cool.

I have to at least get "Broken Open" on my Ipod so I can listen to that and Kris's "I Need To Know" like a lot. I love both songs so much!!

ETA: I lover the end of "PICK YOU UP" when he laughs!!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:08 am

Yeah, I love his little laugh. So cute and fun!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:11 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Yeah, I love his little laugh. So cute and fun!

For sure.

My stepmom is liking the cd by the way. She has heard half of it; she went to bed and didn't hear the rest. She will most likely be buying it for her and my dad. She is on the fence for Kris's cd :( :( If she doesn't buy it maybeI will have to buy it for her. Have to help my other baby out to.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:21 am

Oh good glad your mom likes what she has heard of the album!

Well Kris didn't say anything about Adam but it appears he had a good time!

Quote :
KrisAllen Had an incredible time tonight. I can't believe I get to be a part if stuff like this. 16 minutes ago from Echofon

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:26 am

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:33 am

Here is an interview with Adam write after his performance. I think the interview may tick off some people cause he is pretty much saying I am going to do what I do and if you don't like it then I am just not the artist for you,(kind of like saying I am not going to change so bye bye). It is also like he is saying that people don't get it are closed minded. AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 Icon_evil I admit it I don't appreciate that cause I am very open minded but I don't like to see some guy acting like he is giving Adam a freaking blowjob on stage. Sorry I get a little embarrased about that and I shouldn't feel bad about that. I love the man but he needs to know that some of the stuff he does not all are going to like and it has nothing to do with being closed minded and not getting it. It has to do with just not liking something.

ETA: I agree with his thing on the female artist getting to get away with a lot of overly sexual performances. They should be edited to.

ETA: I think he only wrote what he did on his site cause he was forced to by his manager.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/american-music-awards-2009-adam-lambert-shock-is-fun_video_1178554

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:39 am

Adam will not be performing FYE on Letterman. His plan even BEFORE this was to sing something else on his show as it's a different energy. He says that there's a double standard because women entertainers have pushed the envelope for many years. He also said the west coast feed being edited could be considered discrimination.

http://mjsbigblog.com/adam-lambert-says-editing-his-performance-is-discrimination-wont-be-performing-fye-on-letterman.htm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/11/adam-lambert-on-his-racy-american-music-awards-performance-theres-a-huge-double-standard.html

Last edited by teddyhugz on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:45 am

lol Angel the link I posted also has the Access Hollywood interview.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:54 am

teddyhugz wrote:
lol Angel the link I posted also has the Access Hollywood interview.

So we both posted it :)

I am holding my breath for peoples reaction to that interview AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 Icon_cry

As I posted in my other post I am a bit offended for what he said here. I am open minded I just am not into watching things that look like sex acts on stage for a musical number. Sorry I can't change my feelings on that AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 Kopfschuettel

I think someone needs to set Adam straight on this part cause I think that is the comment that is going to piss people off more than anything. Adam should ask why people were uncomfortable with it instead of saying people are being closed minded about things. To many that is an insult.

ETAI should say that it would be the same if it was a guy doing that to a girl or a girl doing it to a guy. I just don't like seeing that stuff on awards shows and videos. Hate hate Madonna's Justify My Love cause of how sexually explicit it was. Nastiest video she has ever made.

ETA: just saw a pic and it has Adam grabbing Courtneys head and putting it to his crotch,(it was not fully there and that is how I knew it was her cause you can see here face as he is pulling her to him), AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 Kopfschuettel I wonder what Courtney is going to hear from people? One person in particular Mr. Nigel!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:37 am

I'm sure that comment by Adam will not please canear any. In fact it might just make her feel even more dismayed then she already is. I just hope it doesn't taint her joy about it being the release day finally. I hope it doesn't stop her from going out and buying the CD and bringing it home to listen to.

I know that comment is going to receive some flack too. I can understand how it might be offensive and piss people off. I realize some stuff like that is uncomfortable for some people too like it is for you. Honestly it was a little uncomfortable for me too the first time I saw it, but that was more to do with having my mom watch it with me. Although, I should honestly know by now not much ruffles her feathers.

There's lots of mixed feelings going around and Adam is getting blasted by many. I feel terrible for him and I'm sure it's got to hurt a little bit, but of course he'd never admit that. I guess for the most part though it seems like he's handling this just as everything else he's had to deal with the last several months and approaching it in true Adam style. For that I have to give him kudos whether it bothers people or not.

Anyways, I need to go to bed. It's getting really late. I'm going to put in my ear buds and listen to Adam on my iPhone. Hopefully I drift off to sleep peacefully and forget this night ever happened. Even for just a few hours.

Good night Angel.

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 166355
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:46 am

teddyhugz wrote:
I'm sure that comment by Adam will not please canear any. In fact it might just make her feel even more dismayed then she already is. I just hope it doesn't taint her joy about it being the release day finally. I hope it doesn't stop her from going out and buying the CD and bringing it home to listen to.

I know that comment is going to receive some flack too. I can understand how it might be offensive and piss people off. I realize some stuff like that is uncomfortable for some people too like it is for you. Honestly it was a little uncomfortable for me too the first time I saw it, but that was more to do with having my mom watch it with me. Although, I should honestly know by now not much ruffles her feathers.

There's lots of mixed feelings going around and Adam is getting blasted by many. I feel terrible for him and I'm sure it's got to hurt a little bit, but of course he'd never admit that. I guess for the most part though it seems like he's handling this just as everything else he's had to deal with the last several months and approaching it in true Adam style. For that I have to give him kudos whether it bothers people or not.

Anyways, I need to go to bed. It's getting really late. I'm going to put in my ear buds and listen to Adam on my iPhone. Hopefully I drift off to sleep peacefully and forget this night ever happened. Even for just a few hours.

Good night Angel.

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 166355

I respect Adam for sticking to his guns I guess I am just tired of feeling bad cause I may not get something he does. He has this way of saying this when he is a little ticked that someone didn't like something. Not everybody is going to like all he does and they shouldn't be made to feel they are bad or as he puts it close minded. As I said that is insulting people saying that. My main problem with the whole performance was the simulated blow job and he bringing Courtney's head to his crotch. If he would of kept that out of the performance then things of would of been a lot better all around. Like I said the West coast feed was a pretty good performance cause they never showed either things I just mentioned. I actually liked the performance but I know if I see the East coast feed from Youtube I know I will think differently. Adam just needs to start thinking about what he is saying cause I think more people are hurt that he is calling them close minded more so than offended now.

Canear see if someone can find you a youtube video that was from the west coast feed. I think you will not mind the performance if you see that one. As I said I actually liked it.

ETA: I hope people don't think I am turning my back on Adam cause I am not. Just because he does something I think was stupid I am not going to stop being his fan and supporting him. I don't do that to people. The man is human and I know this so I know he is going to make mistakes.

Good night Teddy AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 794362 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 56354

ETA: I do not believe Miss Brooke liked the AMA's

Watching American music awards and thinking... I was born in the wrong time
about 5 hours ago from Echofon

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82424
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 4:47 am

Well, I just might buy Ali's CD now after all! How sweet of her to be so supportive!! Same with Ruben! WOW - that was an awesome thing for him to say! Blake too. Jason Castro is dead to me now - sorry. He didn't need to be like that. He could have just said he didn't care for it. Oh won't it be nice now when those two bump into each Evil or Very Mad I would have loved to see some support from Kris.

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42163

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:04 am

Well if Kris was disgusted it's best he say nothing publicly. Jason said what he felt. Why shouldn't he?

I can't support this crap and if he's going to have this attitude towards those of who supported him during AI well basically he can kiss it.

I guess a lot of the nice guy image was an act. I've still got the CD from Amazon coming but I won't be rushing to the record store today. If you don't care Adam, then I don't either.

Oh and playing the sex card like that takes him down another peg. He keeps saying it's not about his sexuality - bull!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:08 am

Just watched the interview with Access Hollywood and LOVED IT! He just spoke the truth. It is true about the females doing that for years and not being edited. It is true about Prince.

There is nothing wrong with him saying "maybe I'm not the artist for you" because that is also the truth. He is what he is and I don't think he is going to change for others. I think he is going to figure if you don't like my music/style then so be it. Will see how that all goes.

Hey - Clay turned into an artist that is not for me because musically he doesn't do anything that I care for. Adam's CD is a million times better than anything Clay ever recorded - artistically.

I think if the vocals had been spot on - like they ALWAYS ARE EVEN WHEN HE WAS SICK ON TOUR - I would be not be upset. I just think with his concentration being on "the showy part" and letting his vocals slip was the biggest mistake he made because had he really blown the vocals out of the water at least people could be talking about that.

Maybe Shawn will be right and he will be the male Madonna. Crossing fingers here.

Canear - I just think artists should be more supportive of each other. It's fine to say you didn't like it or it's not your thing. I don't think a fellow artist needs to call someone else disgusting. Just the way I feel.

I still think he is a nice guy...Just because his performance isn't for everybody doesn't make him a bad guy..... :(

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
dancingdigits

dancingdigits

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:26 am

I was able to watch the performance several more times on You Tube and caught the "sexually explicit" parts. I honestly didn't even notice them the first time, as I was just watching the thing as a whole and concentrating on Adam's FACE. What I DID notice was that his vocals weren't up to par. I think for anyone who has watched Adam's pre-Idol performances on that gender-bending stage show (can't remember the name now), it's reminiscent of that. I know I felt uncomfortable the first time I saw those, but after awhile it's no big deal. Remember that Adam's creed is to take risks and he took a huge one with the AMA performance. Only time and record sales will prove whether it worked in his favor. I do remember Prince and Madonna being just as--if not more for the time it was--provocative.

Last edited by dancingdigits on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42163

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:29 am

He is not being tolerant enough of the AI fans who brought him where he is. He's being too defiant and in their face about. It's inconsiderate and rude and it's not the first time he's done it. He's coming off as a jerk.

I don't agree about the double standard at all. I don't know where he's getting that crap because rappers have been doing it for years. Like I said, he's pulling out the sexuality card now when it suits him? Thought he didn't want to be a poster boy?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 6:35 am

teddyhugz wrote:
All of it already finished downloading for me. It took less than 10 minutes. I think that's because I have wi-fi.

Mine didn't take long but the window did freeze up and I haven't been back to see if I got the last download. It says it was done, but we'll see. I have cable, so my downloads are pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 6:43 am

AngelWings wrote:
Here is an interview with Adam write after his performance. I think the interview may tick off some people cause he is pretty much saying I am going to do what I do and if you don't like it then I am just not the artist for you,(kind of like saying I am not going to change so bye bye). It is also like he is saying that people don't get it are closed minded. AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 Icon_evil I admit it I don't appreciate that cause I am very open minded but I don't like to see some guy acting like he is giving Adam a freaking blowjob on stage. Sorry I get a little embarrased about that and I shouldn't feel bad about that. I love the man but he needs to know that some of the stuff he does not all are going to like and it has nothing to do with being closed minded and not getting it. It has to do with just not liking something.

ETA: I agree with his thing on the female artist getting to get away with a lot of overly sexual performances. They should be edited to.

ETA: I think he only wrote what he did on his site cause he was forced to by his manager.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/american-music-awards-2009-adam-lambert-shock-is-fun_video_1178554

I loved this fun side to Adam.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 6:54 am

What can I say? I guess you will not be a fan then. It is what it is. I think he is hugely talented and I think he is being who he is artistically. Last night was exactly the way he was pre-Idol. I don't expect him to be fake about his art. He knew he would lose fans and he choose to stay true to what he wants to do. Will it bite him in the ass? Maybe. But he is 27 years old and it is his decision to make.

I personally do not think he is being rude. You are forced to be a certain way on Idol. He wanted to catch his break so he went on it. I never expect these kids to be "who they are" musically on Idol. They are forced to sing covers on theme weeks. For the most part we do not get to see who they are as artists. Some we do yes - Cook and Daughtry come closest. I don't expect him to spend years recording and performing different than he wants to because of the show he was a part of.

He thanked his fans last night profusely in that one interview. He has thanked the fans profusely many times. He has praised Idol and the people there to the high heavens. Now he is off Idol, off the Idol tour and on to who he is and wants to be. He has the right to make that break now after one full year of being tied to it. Now the people who loved him on Idol make their decision if they like his musical direction or not. Hey - I am sure the people who loved Danny and wanted an R&B/Soul recording from him and not thrilled with him going country. Besides, seems most people just move on to the next season's group anyway or why else would Kris sell less than 100,000 his first week after millions voted for him?

Oh well. What can you do...

Me? I still love him. I am still a fan. One bad night doesn't ruin everything else for me....

ETA: Me too Sky! I think that interview was awesome and just what I needed this morning :D

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 6:59 am

FC, I agree. Adam is Adam. I love him for staying true to himself.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:11 am

And let me just add that for me when I say bad night I mean vocally and the falling while trying to pull too much off on such a big show. The sex stuff only bothers me in the way that it could hurt future opportunities. I myself wasn't offended and the kiss was HOT!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next