Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS

Go down 
+10
dancingdigits
stanley2
teddyhugz
zara
canear
Sky
WISCathy
foreveryoung
claytoncavaliers
Firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42148
Registration date : 2009-06-09

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:16 pm

From MJ's.....

Quote :
Finally, if anyone cares, Lyndsey Parker tried to interview Adam, but he wasn’t available, so she talked to Kris and then went home to write up a review, I guess.

Yeah for Kris doing the interview. I daresay Adam was probably in a meeting with his people and TPTB at ABC.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Oh man you aren't kidding.

When is the GMA performance? Tell me it is not tomorrow No

I am going to take some Advil PM and pretend this all was a bad dream.

So Teddy and Angel won't even get to see it. Well, it will be on You Tube I am sure.

It is already on Youtube but I didn't watch.

I saw the pic of him giving the finger and I pray he wasn't doing that to the audience. I have read the Audience was not going crazy over the performance. I guess mixed reactions. If this is bad as I have heard I have a feeling this could be majorly edited for the west coast feed.

Adam Adam what were you freaking thinking? I know he was nervous but he should of showed off his voice and brought down the shock value performance. He pulled a gaga and Madonna and he is going to have to pay the piper with whatever happens. Remember when Madonna and Brittany kissed on an award show and it was like talked about all over the place but it was bashed highly and many were disappointed in Madonna and Brittany even though people are used to Madonna doing that crap. Now Adam is doing a man on man kiss and I have a feeling people are going to say he took things way to far. I have no problem with two guys kissing I just don't want to see it,(I don't like seeing a man and woman kissing in front of me either; for me it is like get a room).

Anyway a happier note here is a pic of my men in there suits AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 Herz

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 Bgr2tt

Shannon AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 223329 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 852399
Back to top Go down
zara

zara

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:18 pm

Quote :
Sorry Zara - my mom thought it was a girl too and I let her think that. But it was a guy. His name is Tommy. This has been confirmed by several sites and the fans in his thread at IDF - of which there are over 700 of at this moment reading the AMA thread.

Really? I'll have to go look at it again. Well, good for him. I like that even better. :)

Quote :
The funny thing is I have read some posts where friends and family members who didn't like Adam before - loved it and now want his CD, where many fans are the ones disappointed.

I was going to say this before but I didn't want it to be taken the wrong way. But I've found in my other fandoms with various figure skaters and athletes and entertainers that the more intensely interested in/focused on you are with something, the more it seems that it's hard to step back and see the whole picture the way a more casual observer would. I know I lost all ability to evaluate Clay subjectively years ago, but with Adam I've tried to not get as involved and seriously, I'm not at all worried or bothered so maybe the average person is not either.

ETA:

Quote :
Remember when Madonna and Brittany kissed on an award show and it was like talked about all over the place but it was bashed highly and many were disappointed in Madonna and Brittany even though people are used to Madonna doing that crap.

What I remember is that there was a lot of talk immediately afterward, but that ultimately that's discussed as a highlight of the VMAs and very, very rarely as a negative. In fact, people seem to forget Christina Aguilera was even there, LOL.

Last edited by zara on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82379
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:19 pm

There is a rumor going around that GMA just canceled him. I have NO idea if that is true - but it is being discussed on IDF.

If so - he just really blew it big time. They are probably afraid of it being a morning performance.

Good lord - I thought the boy was smart Rolling Eyes

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
stanley2

stanley2

Number of posts : 6397
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:23 pm

The comments at ABC AMA are very extreme. People are cancelling their orders for his CD, calling the FCC, etc. I am so surprised that the night turned out like this. My husband said that it fit in with the rest of the singers and he is on the prudish side AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 Affraid
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Firecracker wrote:
There is a rumor going around that GMA just canceled him. I have NO idea if that is true - but it is being discussed on IDF.

If so - he just really blew it big time. They are probably afraid of it being a morning performance.

Good lord - I thought the boy was smart Rolling Eyes

GMA is ABC and if ABC is pissed off at him, it wouldn't surprise me. That being said, if he guaranteed that he wasn't going to perform the song then I would think they'd still have him. Sing Mad World Adam and apologize profusely.

I think tonight was rather self indulgent on his part . I still don't get why 19 and RCA approved of it.
Back to top Go down
WISCathy

WISCathy

Number of posts : 3729
Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:26 pm

ADAM JUST POSTED OVER AT ADAM OFFICIAL!!!!

He said he was not trying to bring a sexual or weird vibe to the arena, but was trying to bring that techno and Madonna-type vibe to the performance. He IS going to try and lay off the sexual-like costumes and moves. Aso, he DID NOT trip. It was supposed to look like he was tripped by one of the dancers and into the next girl dancer.

Then he closes with LOVE YOU ALL !!!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39751
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Heeeee I LOVE MY MOM! SHE'S SO AWESOME!

I was just telling her about all the flack and hate Adam is getting and she kept asking, "But why? What was so wrong with the performance?" So I went and found a youtube. The two of us watched it together. Even though I cringed at his vocals and my heart sunk into my stomach at how off he sounded I didn't think the performance was that terribly bad. It definitely hurt my heart to hear him sing like that though because that's not at all what I'm used to hearing from Adam.

At the end of it my mom and I looked at each other and she says to me, "So what?" She didn't think it was bad at all and found absolutely NOTHING wrong it. She also said it wasn't any worse or better than what others did on the show like Janet or Shakira. Like hello Janet grabbed her crutch as well as that of one of her male dancers. She thought Shakira was unpleasant and didn't like Carrie's performance either with the skantly clad girls. Basically my mom said it's a bunch of bull. If everyone else can do that kind of sexual stuff why can't Adam? And you know what? I agree. It doesn't mean I have to like it, but seriously

I'm sure Adam had to have had a lot of input on the performance but if you sit back and consider the ENTIRE show well the whole thing was just a circus. Pretty much the whole show was basically sexually driven. So people need to lay the heck off Adam. If they're going to bitch and moan they need to do that of everyone else who had very sexual performances. Besides who is behind this whole show? Who is the one directing and excutive producing? They put this together. They okayed everything. It's as much their fault if not more so than the artists and choregraphers themselves.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:30 pm

WISCathy wrote:
ADAM JUST POSTED OVER AT ADAM OFFICIAL!!!!

He said he was not trying to bring a sexual or weird vibe to the arena, but was trying to bring that techno and Madonna-type vibe to the performance. He IS going to try and lay off the sexual-like costumes and moves. Aso, he DID NOT trip. It was supposed to look like he was tripped by one of the dancers and into the next girl dancer.

Then he closes with LOVE YOU ALL !!!

He's had the riot act read to him. I can see Roger standing over him as he typed it.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:35 pm

I can see what you're saying teddy but Adam has the talent doesn't he doesn't need to resort to that crap to succeed. He is the one who ultimately decided to go down this road. It's terribly disappointing to me because he is better than Britney and Madonna and others who do that garbage.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82379

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Yeah, it's really bad. Reviews are horrid. People pretty much hated it. Some critics saying his career is dead. RIP - all that sort of stuff.

Oh well. Now I really have to go to bed. The thought of people canceling their CD orders is just heartbreaking. This night was suppose to get sales up!

I agree with Canear. Roger is standing over him with a whip telling him what to type and what to say.

I watched the performance again - and even thought you can't see his hand - it is clear that as soon as it was over he flipped the bird. Was he freaking drunk?? This is how you debut??

I need a bottle of Tums....

Good night ladies.

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:42 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
Heeeee I LOVE MY MOM! SHE'S SO AWESOME!

I was just telling her about all the flack and hate Adam is getting and she kept asking, "But why? What was so wrong with the performance?" So I went and found a youtube. The two of us watched it together. Even though I cringed at his vocals and my heart sunk into my stomach at how off he sounded I didn't think the performance was that terribly bad. It definitely hurt my heart to hear him sing like that though because that's not at all what I'm used to hearing from Adam.

At the end of it my mom and I looked at each other and she says to me, "So what?" She didn't think it was bad at all and found absolutely NOTHING wrong it. She also said it wasn't any worse or better than what others did on the show like Janet or Shakira. Like hello Janet grabbed her crutch as well as that of one of her male dancers. She thought Shakira was unpleasant and didn't like Carrie's performance either with the skantly clad girls. Basically my mom said it's a bunch of bull. If everyone else can do that kind of sexual stuff why can't Adam? And you know what? I agree. It doesn't mean I have to like it, but seriously

I'm sure Adam had to have had a lot of input on the performance but if you sit back and consider the ENTIRE show well the whole thing was just a circus. Pretty much the whole show was basically sexually driven. So people need to lay the heck off Adam. If they're going to bitch and moan they need to do that of everyone else who had very sexual performances. Besides who is behind this whole show? Who is the one directing and excutive producing? They put this together. They okayed everything. It's as much their fault if not more so than the artists and choregraphers themselves.

My family didn't like Shakira's performance at all. They love her but her and all her dancers airhumping was not a pleasent site. Janet I admit I don't like to watch many times cause I think she does go to sexual to many of times. Carrie's sounded good but I am not happy that she is taking to the more sexual side of performing. This is the one award show I am not a fan of cause the people seem to see how far they can push the station and the FCC.

My stepmom is still going to watch Adam's performance and I am worried. I pray they bleep out the similuated blow job from the west coast feed.

ETA: Did anybody see that I posted a pic of Adam and Kris in their suits?

Canear Did Adam really write that on his site? If he did then I really feel he got his butt chewed out for doing this especially being so new to the industry and on the eve of his cd release.

Shannon AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 223329 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 852399
Back to top Go down
WISCathy

WISCathy

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Good Night FC !! I hope you sleep well !

I'm heading to bed myself. My head is aching again. Night, Night everyone!

See you all tomorrow.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
WISCathy

WISCathy

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:45 pm

Angel ~ I'm not canear, but, yes Adam did indeed post this info over at Adam Official ! If you go over there, you can read it !
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:50 pm

From Casey to Adam.

Quote :
CaseyPCarlson @AdamLambert this time last year I met u for the first time in LA! I am SO proud of everything you have accomplished since! u r brilliant! 11 minutes ago from web

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Yes I saw the pic the Kradam in their gorgeous suits. Love it!!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:55 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
From Casey to Adam.

Quote :
CaseyPCarlson @AdamLambert this time last year I met u for the first time in LA! I am SO proud of everything you have accomplished since! u r brilliant! 11 minutes ago from web

That is sweet of Casey. He is going to need some loving tonight. Hey everything happenes for a reason and maybe this had to happen for him to see different arenas different performance. This arena is where they do push the bounderies but not as much as Adam pushed them. I pray he will take this as a learning experience. I hope he doesn't get in trouble with 19 entertainment for this and get banned from being able to perform on AI when the show starts up again. I pray that GMA didn't cancel him :(

Hey look I found a pic of Kris and Katy looking so gorgeous.

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 Krisandkaty

Here is Kris and Kelly!

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 93308130

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:57 pm

canear, I know Adam shouldn't have done this performance. He could have done FTE but just not like this. Believe me I had expected and wanted so much more for him and from him tonight. This was supposed to be HIS big night to shine. And he just didn't. The performance tanked. Of course I give him some of the blame for having whatever kind of input he did and going along with this, but I just can't be angry or upset with him. If anything I'm sad. I'm hurting for him because of how horrid this has all turned out to be.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:05 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
canear, I know Adam shouldn't have done this performance. He could have done FTE but just not like this. Believe me I had expected and wanted so much more for him and from him tonight. This was supposed to be HIS big night to shine. And he just didn't. The performance tanked. Of course I give him some of the blame for having whatever kind of input he did and going along with this, but I just can't be angry or upset with him. If anything I'm sad. I'm hurting for him because of how horrid this has all turned out to be.

Adam for sure gets some blame for this but the people who okayed it get the most blame from me. It is like they set him up by letting him take it to far and that pisses me off. Adam is still new in this business and the people around him at rehearsals should of said oh hell no that is not going to fly so cut out the simulated blowjob and a few other things. They let him put this out there so if Adam gets in trouble the AMA's better get in trouble to.

I pray this does not hurt his record sales.

I am off to Itunes to see if the cd is there yet.

ETA: I am so proud of Whitney Houston. That is one of the best performances from her in such a long time. She looked and sounded amazing.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Quote :

jasoncastro that was disgusting. eww about 1 hour ago from web

jasoncastro for the record, i'm a modest guy that believes in decency. i dont think people should be groping and making out in public, thats all. 23 minutes ago from web

Sigh.

Adam bb why couldn't you just come out and SING? I hate that people are being so hateful and spiteful. Reading the comments on the RS article and Slezak's review are completely breaking my heart right now.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:19 pm

Oy Kellie Pickler and Jason are disappointed in Adam's performance :( :(

We posted at the same time about Jason!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:23 pm

What did Kelly say?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:30 pm

Firecracker wrote:
No you go first WC.

I'm still trying to digest it all.......

The funny part is my mom called AND SHE LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I've peeked........I haven't seen it yet but from your post I'm LMAO!
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:30 pm

I have to say as a distant observer, I am really surprized Adam and his people's taste level meters seem to be malfunctioning so early on in his career.

I have seen other former Idols who get too caught up in their own sex appeal hype really struggle with how far to go with the sex symbol image and have wound up going too far and it has blown up in their faces. Not to say that they were not able to brush themselves off and get over themselves a bit, and go on to have some success.

The male divo type sex symbol image is a tough one. Go too far and you become a caricature and an object of ridicule. Restrained vs. overt in your face sexuality is much more appealing than the blatent in your face kind of sex moves and sex act simulations. Michael Jackson got away with the crotch grab somehow (for a while anyway), but very few performers can pull off the burlesque, Vegas sex show kind of moves other than Madonna. I think being a dancer really helps to make it a tad more artistic vs. lewd.

Maybe this will turn out ok though...Adam and his people are going to be forced to realize he needs to tone down the over the top sex crap and focus more on his singing performances and demeanor on nationally broadcast award shows. I know the performance industry believes sex sells...but, not if it appears forced and tasteless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next