Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!

Go down 
+6
foreveryoung
Sky
dancingdigits
Dusty
claytoncavaliers
Firecracker
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:05 am

Sky wrote:
I didn't see that as a bad review for Adam...........

That the point I was trying to make. That reviewer gave Adam props for his talent just didn't like the sexual stuff of the set. My point is they are having a mini meltdown cause a freaking reviewer decided to say that SOMEONE ELSE was their pick for the best of the night. They can't handle anyone else getting good press; those people want all the reviews to be of kissing Adam's butt every time and putting the others as second class citizens who don't even belong anywhere near Adam. As I have said they are hypercrits and if it isn't all roses for adam it is a total invalid article and doesn't count. They are doing what they are saying the Kris fans are doing about the reviews of kris. Kris fans have a right to whine; poor Kris gets slammed pretty much each time and they give him no respect. Adam gets praise even if the reviewer didn't like the full set. These Adam fans need to look in the mirror and see that if they are going to slam Kris fans and other idol fans for getting upset with review stuff then they should shut up if Adam doesn't get all the love all the time.

Shannon praying :angel3:
Back to top Go down
Dusty

Dusty

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:42 am

I just choose not to worry about reviews and the OTT fans. Nothing we can do about the reviews, and sure can't change some fans and how they behave. Been there and done that with irrate Clay fans and just choose to ignore. Never did get into all the fuss with bad reviews, ect. It is what it is. Idol tour will be over and they will go seperate ways and will either make it, or they won't. I do feel Adam is unique and whether I may or may not like some of his antics, I hope he remains true to who he is. It is his career, so he should do what he feels is best for him, regardless.

JMO. :hug:
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82379
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Dusty wrote:
I just choose not to worry about reviews and the OTT fans. Nothing we can do about the reviews, and sure can't change some fans and how they behave. Been there and done that with irrate Clay fans and just choose to ignore. Never did get into all the fuss with bad reviews, ect. It is what it is. Idol tour will be over and they will go seperate ways and will either make it, or they won't. I do feel Adam is unique and whether I may or may not like some of his antics, I hope he remains true to who he is. It is his career, so he should do what he feels is best for him, regardless.

JMO. :hug:

And I agree with every sing word of you opinion! :D

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Dusty...............so true!! I don't worry about reviews because to me, I like the singer..... it doesn't matter to me what anyone else's opinion is. Let them whine, complain, applaud..........it's okay.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:09 pm

Pre-Show interview with Adam -- Dallas

The press was given the opportunity to talk with Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta, Scott MacIntyre, Anoop Desai and Michael Sarver yesterday afternoon. (They swap out the singers with each show, so who you get is the luck of the draw.)
I'll post the highlights of each interview here, starting with Adam.
I think his fans would appreciate knowing that when he sits down for a chat, he's engaging and very modest. (Lemme tell ya, this isn't always the case.) He was a delight.
"We've had major support in every city we've gone to - even in the more conservative cities, and I didn't expect to have that much support," he said of the tour so far. "It's been amazing. Onstage, there's just so much positive energy coming at you."
Is he tired of people telling him he was robbed of the title? "Yeah, I am. It's a very sweet sentiment, but in a way, it's in the past. And it really doesn't mater, because I'm still here on tour, I'm still performing for everybody and I'm still getting to create an album that I'm working on right now. And I got to be on the cover of Rolling Stone, so everything's been awesome."
About that album, which should be out in November: "It's everything - rock, pop, dance, funk, a lot of electronic production and a lot of rock production. I really don't feel like there's any need to stick to one genre; that's not me as a performer.
How does he keep his voice in fine form? "It's tough! It is a lot of work. I just drink lots of water and take care of myself, eat healthy, try not to talk too much - which is hard for me. I try to get as much sleep as possible. Mind over matter."
Interesting fan reactions: "I get a lot of very excited, physical women, and it's always really sweet and it means a lot, but sometimes I get a little smothered. But I know the thing is that it's all from the heart, and I love that. The expression is real and genuine, and that's what matters."
Something you'd never guess about Adam Lambert: "I used to not necessarily be a risk taker. I was kind of nervous to put myself out there, both personally and professionally. I used to get really nervous at auditions. But I'm 27, so I've had a handful of years to kind of grow out of it. I've just become more brave, more comfortable in my own skin."
Advice for future Idol hopefuls: "Find something that makes you different - but make sure it's true to who you are, and go for it 125 percent. I mean, go for it. The actual material you're singing, the way you present yourself visually, you've got to commit 125 percent, or else you'll be overlooked. You need to stand out."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39751
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:55 pm

Cool interview! I love his answers. Thanks sky. :D
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:47 pm

He is wise! :D

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Dusty

Dusty

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 2:40 am

Thanks for posting... love the guy!! :confetti:
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Another interview w/Adam!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 2:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 4:50 pm

Thanks CC! I really enjoyed both of those articles!

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:29 pm

I loved them too, thank you for bringing them over!
Back to top Go down
Dusty

Dusty

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 10:59 am

Awesome! Thanks so much! :yourock:
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 6:55 pm

THIS from a Seattle writer..............she must be a true Adam fan..........

American Idol star Adam Lambert may be stalking victim
August 2, 6:30 PM

In this magazine cover image released by Rolling Stone, American Idol, runner-up Adam Lambert is shown on the cover of the June 25, 2009, issue, which hit newsstands on Friday, June 12. (AP)Adam Lambert, last season’s American Idol runner-up, appears to be the victim of a stalker, according to reports.

Tweets from Tuesday's Tampa concert stated there was a girl outside the Idol buses who guards at the event were worried about. Apparently producers of the Idol tour told security that a girl was following Lambert and may be armed and dangerous.

There was also indication the the female had been stalking Lambert since early in the morning.

The Twitter report also stated a security guard said people back stage were “freaking out,” so Lambert was whisked away in a car as soon as the show ended.

There was no indication if the stalker was arrested or detained.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 7:16 pm

No So sad if it all is true.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39751
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 8:28 pm

No Very, very sad indeed.
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Recent articles re Adam   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:43 am

Not really a review but an article of interest.........

Adam Lambert Hits a High Note with Pennyroyal Silver’s Signature Collection
Los Angeles, CA, August 05, 2009 --(PR.com)-- One of America’s favorite new musical talents has teamed up with Pennyroyal Silver®️ to benefit the MusiCares Foundation®️. Charismatic American Idol runner-up, Adam Lambert, has become the latest to contribute an original sketch design to the Pennyroyal Silver®️ Signature Collection.

Adam quoted, "I am thrilled to be able to contribute one of my hand drawn designs to the "Pennyroyal®️ Signature Collection" to benefit MusiCares®️. The "Eye of Horus" is a sign of protection and I got it tattooed on my wrist once I made the top 36 of American Idol. It has meant a lot to me during this creative process of my career and I am happy to share the design with others."

Pennyroyal®️ used Lambert’s exact sketch to create this unique hand-crafted sterling silver pendant. Only 100 were produced and each one of them is uniquely numbered along with Lambert’s signature on the back. Proceeds benefit The MusiCares Foundation®️ to help music people in times of person, medical and financial crises. Adam Lambert’s design retails for $150 and is available at www.pennyroyalsilver.com.

Pennyroyal’s Owner/Designer, Tim Foster, a music industry veteran-turned jewelry designer, created the Pennyroyal®️ Signature Collection to support the very musicians who inspire his hand-crafted jewelry designs. Actor/musician Jack Black has also contributed a sketch design to the Pennyroyal®️ Signature Collection to benefit MusiCares®️ and there are many more collaborations to come. For more information, please visit www.pennyroyalsilver.com

About MusiCares®️: Established in 1989 by The Recording Academy®️, MusiCares®️ provides a safety net of critical assistance for music people in times of need. MusiCares' services and resources cover a wide range of financial, medical and personal emergencies, and each case is treated with integrity and confidentiality. MusiCares®️ also focuses the resources and attention of the music industry on human service issues that directly impact the health and welfare of the music community. For more information, please visit www.musicares.com.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:52 am

Very cool!

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Thanks Sky!!! I LOVE that one! I love the comments too!

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 6:50 pm

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Sky such wonderful news.

This boy is going to be a super star for sure. :confetti:
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:05 am

Kris fans, don't read this one, but skip to the picture section....

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/kris-allen-adam-lambert-still-rivals-at-coliseum-1.1363870
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:37 am

Kris fans - don't read this, please! :hug:

The Top 10! Cover Tunes! Flying Bras!

NEWARK — “Should I show her this?” one young woman wondered out loud to her friend, nodding at the item of clothing in her hand.

“No,” her friend replied, shaking her head vigorously. “No.”
And no, Leila Lambert probably wasn’t interested in a white jockstrap with pink lettering on it, a tribute to her son Adam, the runner-up on the “American Idol” season that ended in May.

Losing the competition — to the tepid Kris Allen, who has most likely inspired no homespun jockstrap tributes — has done little to dilute the phenomenon of Mr. Lambert, as was clear at the Prudential Center here on Sunday night. This year’s “American Idols Live!” tour, which features the Top 10 performers of Season 8 on Fox, could have easily passed for an Adam Lambert concert with nine supporting acts.

Mr. Lambert, perhaps the most currently visible openly gay American musician, received a thunderous reception from the audience, far louder than that for anyone else. His mother, seated in the audience, barely had a moment to herself between camera-wielding fans. He had the sharpest merchandise, including a David Bowie-esque black T-shirt with neon accents. And his fans were the most, um, creative, from personalized intimates to an L.C.D.-display belt buckle that scrolled “ADAM” ad nauseam to a sign, ringed with Christmas lights, that read “Adam electrifies my life!”

He didn’t even have to use his superhuman voice, largely keeping it in check during his set, which inspired flying jockstraps and, yes, bras too. Wearing a distressed-leather ensemble, he instead concentrated on poses, every moment camera-ready: sinuous on Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love,” pensive during “Mad World” (the Gary Jules version). During a medley of David Bowie songs he showed some skin, wearing a vest over a bare chest, and turned glam king, purring the lyrics, lost in a dance reverie.

Mr. Lambert has traveled almost the whole distance from overrehearsed and hammy to effortless and charming. And he’s learned that vocally, less can be more: where his singing often felt gratuitously indulgent on the show, here he employed restraint, and effectively so.

So relaxed was Mr. Lambert that he practically ceded the night’s musical high points to others. Anoop Desai was precise and devastating on “Always on My Mind” (though goofy on Bobby Brown’s “My Prerogative”). The most muscular vocalist “Idol” has seen in some years, Danny Gokey, came alive on the Rascal Flatts songs “What Hurts the Most” and “My Wish,” shouting the refrains like a melodic Henry Rollins.

Allison Iraheta, this season’s most impressive female contestant, was appealingly messy, sounding but not looking far beyond her 17 years. And the typically dull Lil Rounds showed surprising flashes of personality on BeyoncĂ©’s “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It).”

Scott MacIntyre performed a roaring duet of Billy Joel’s “Tell Her About It” with Matt Giraud, whose lovely, facile voice, especially during his solo rendition of “Georgia on My Mind,” was far more impressive live than on TV. (With crowd bias heavily in favor of Mr. Lambert, the bold individualist who wore a “Matt Giraud Is Bangin’ ” T-shirt deserves special commendation.)

Watching this show gave no indicators that, offstage, “Idol” has been in a bit of turmoil. This season’s finale was one of the lowest-rated in the show’s history. And last week Paula Abdul, one of the show’s four judges and its lone source of nurturing, announced she would depart following a stalled contract negotiation. No replacement has been announced, and no one onstage mentioned her. Here, the only reminder of the show’s potential vulnerability was its winner, Mr. Allen. As this season’s champion, he headlines the concert — but that is no prize because each night he has to follow Mr. Lambert, a task for which he is ill prepared.

After Mr. Lambert’s master class, the meek and limited Mr. Allen could do little but act as a palate cleanser, sending fans into the night with a few benign tunes: an edgeless version of Bill Withers’s “Ain’t No Sunshine,” a scattered “Bright Lights” by Matchbox Twenty and a “Hey Jude” that would barely score change on a subway platform.

Last month Mr. Allen dropped from his set “No Boundaries,” the widely maligned “Idol” victory song. But while it was insipid, it was also Mr. Allen’s first single, the concert’s only original number and its only literal reminder that there is life beyond “Idol.” He replaced it with the Killers’ “All These Things That I’ve Done,” a tough and flamboyant song that he guilelessly massaged the lumps out of. Frankly, it begged for Mr. Lambert’s firm touch.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/11/arts/music/11idols.html?em
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42148

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:39 am

Ouch.....that's just nasty towards Kris! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next