Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!

Go down 
+6
foreveryoung
Sky
dancingdigits
Dusty
claytoncavaliers
Firecracker
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82375
Registration date : 2008-08-09

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:32 pm

I knew this would be the case because she interviewed him less than 48 hours from the performance and he was still in defensive pissy mode Evil or Very Mad

Yeah, this ought to be good for a ton more press: "Lambert Still Not Sorry for Racy Performance! Here - let's show it to you again!!"

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:55 pm

Maybe she's done a follow up with him that is more current to add to the initial interview. And maybe, just maybe........that commercial blip is a lead on for people to tune in and it isn't as bad as it sounds. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt until I see it.
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Well, well when I was hopping for things to go in a different direction actually in the right direction we are back to square one.

Let's just hope that he doesn't sound and come across too defiant for his own good.

This kid is sure giving me some gray hairs!!!!!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42136

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 5:07 pm

foreveryoung wrote:
Well, well when I was hopping for things to go in a different direction actually in the right direction we are back to square one.

Let's just hope that he doesn't sound and come across too defiant for his own good.

This kid is sure giving me some gray hairs!!!!!

Me too! Hopefully The View interview being so rushed is to offset the special and that's why Barbara has pushed for it. I hope that's the case because we all know what Larry King will want to talk about...... Rolling Eyes

I'm going to be nervous........ scared
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 7:01 pm

The View will be pretaped..............

You know, I'm not nervous at all..........what will be will be. I'm just tired of all the hoopla, let's just get on with his career and leave those darn AMA's behind us.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 7:07 pm

Easier said than done, Sky, when it's all they want to talk about....... No
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39749
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 7:08 pm

The never ending saga....
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 7:25 pm

And I hope Larry King has done his homework before the interview so he won't try to out Adam on his show. ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 877183
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm

canear wrote:
Quote :
The cat’s already out of the bag on how the Lambert interview will go: on commercial previews, Walters asks Lambert if he’s sorry about his AMA performance, and he gives her a resounding, indignant “No.”

Oh great, that's going to do wonders for him. No

What does indignant mean again? I hope it doesn't mean rude ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 Kopfschuettel

Shannon ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 223329 ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 852399
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:59 pm

Indignant = to be annoyed, resentful, put-off, angry, offended, up in arms, in a huff, piqued and/or cross.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:01 pm

AngelWings wrote:
canear wrote:
Quote :
The cat’s already out of the bag on how the Lambert interview will go: on commercial previews, Walters asks Lambert if he’s sorry about his AMA performance, and he gives her a resounding, indignant “No.”

What does indignant mean again? I hope it doesn't mean rude ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 Kopfschuettel

Shannon ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 223329 ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 852399

From Dictionary.com............

in⋅dig⋅nant

–adjective
feeling, characterized by, or expressing strong displeasure at something considered unjust, offensive, insulting, or base: indignant remarks; an indignant expression on his face.

Related forms:
in⋅dig⋅nant⋅ly, adverb

Synonyms:
angry, resentful, infuriated, mad.

No
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:03 pm

canear wrote:
AngelWings wrote:
canear wrote:
Quote :

From Dictionary.com............

in⋅dig⋅nant

–adjective
feeling, characterized by, or expressing strong displeasure at something considered unjust, offensive, insulting, or base: indignant remarks; an indignant expression on his face.

Related forms:
in⋅dig⋅nant⋅ly, adverb

Synonyms:
angry, resentful, infuriated, mad.

No

Thanks Canear so he sounded mad when he said it. Oy!

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:03 pm

Indignant means being angry or annoyed at something that is deemed unjust. In other words Adam was angry/annoyed at being edited/banned etc.

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:05 pm

hahaha three of us gave the meaning of the word. lol
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:06 pm

Great minds and all Razz

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Great minds and all Razz

How true! Wink
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Seems to be a lot of that on here! ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:14 pm

But circumstances had force him to change from an indignant no to a very humble no.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:17 pm

foreveryoung wrote:
But circumstances had force him to change from an indignant no to a very humble no.

Very true FY and that's why I know I'm worried about it looking like he is backtracking on this special. He did such a great job on Ellen I really hate for people to see pissy Adam again. No
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:44 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
hahaha three of us gave the meaning of the word. lol

Thank you all for your help on that. Just sometimes I get a little confused on meanings of some words.

Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm

This review was written by a high school student. I enjoyed reading it! ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/20091214/LIFESTYLE/912140311/1024/rss04
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:38 pm

Thoroughly enjoyable and very smartly written!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 pm

I enjoyed that very much! It was written extremely well for it only to be from a high school student!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 3:22 am

So this really isn't a press review. It's really just a review from a blogger, but it's a GREAT review. And it's coming from a guy no less. I had to share it with all of you.

Quote :
Adam Lambert’s debut album was one of the most anticipated albums to come out of the Idol camp ever. His charisma onstage, strong sense of self, and earth-shattering vocals made him one of the first contestants to go into AI already seeming an artist Thankfully, his debut LP shows us even more of himself rather than proving to be an album full of safe cuts carefully chosen by a record label.

While the disc’s tracks definitely possess an eclectic feel, they are held together by the genres of pop, rock and electronic in a remarkably cohesive way. Even the bonus tracks on the album feel more like the encore of a great concert, as opposed to an afterthought. Adam wisely finds the balance between his own self-penned tracks, and those written by apropos collaborators like Rivers Cuomo of Weezer, Linda Perry, Justin Hawkins of the disbanded The Darkness and Lady GaGa to name a few.

Lyrically, the album is incredibly honest, which is a feat for an artist known for incredible theatricality. On tracks like the second single, “Whataya Want From Me,” Adam pleads for his lover rediscover the love he found for him in spite of his flaws. Even in the romping, disco-inspired, gem “Fever” written by Lady GaGa, he doesn’t stick to generic articles referring to his object of lust (There he goes, my baby walks so slow, sexual tick tack toe, yeah we both know it isn’t time, but could you be mine.”). Even on seemingly silly lyrics like, “I was born with glitter on my face, my baby clothes made of leather and lace” on “Sure Fire Winners,” Adam commands a compelling and truthful delivery. The lyrical highlight of the album is the closing track of the standard edition, “Broken Open,” a song penned by Adam with Greg Wells and Evan “Kidd” Bogart.” His vocal restraint on the song helps highlight brilliant verses like, “Let’s enlighten the night/We can fall away, slip out of sight/When you drop your guard/Melt into time, so intertwined, quiet.”

Musically, the album is a remarkable gestalt of genres. The album’s opener “Music Again” starts the rock rollercoaster that follows through the rest of the tracks produced by Rob Cavallo and Greg Wells, but it’s the pop nuances that make these tracks even more special to listen to. For example, “Pick U Up” produced by Greg Wells and written with Rivers Cuomo possesses a fun hook (“I’mma pick you up, I’mma pick you up”) that makes the chorus explode when Adam sings in full voice. Another interesting and kick-ass song, “Sure Fire Winners” produced by Rob Cavallo mashes up strong rock guitars with a peppering of synth to create the perfect backdrop for Adam’s anthemic delivery. The use of auto-tune is sparse and carefully used on the album. On the tracks that lean more pop, produced by Dr. Luke and those by Max Martin, the auto tune accents his voice rather than compensates for anything lacking. For example, on the sure to be single “If I Had U,” the auto tune is pretty much restricted to the echoes in the track.

The combination musical and lyric thoughtfulness that underlie the album together serve to further illustrate the undeniable fact that Adam Lambert can sing better than any other male pop artist today and has an unique point of view worthy of him being an artist with a long career. That being said, there is a definite room for evolution on the follow-up, especially if he moves forward in the direction of tracks like “Sure Fire Winners,” “Fever” and “Broken Open.”

My Top 5 Picks: (1) “Fever”, (2) “Broken Open”, (3) “Sure Fire Winners”, (4) “Soaked”, (5) “Whataya Want From Me”

Advice
: Download the Deluxe Album! Bonus tracks like “Master Plan” and “Down The Rabbit Hole” could’ve easily been on standard editions of the album in pop CDs weren’t traditionally composed of 12 to 14 tracks.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 am

Good write up. He picked two of my faves as part of his top 5.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next