Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?

Go down 
+12
Spirit
jaycee
stanley2
horselaydee
AngelWings
teddyhugz
zara
Sky
nouniness
foreveryoung
canear
Firecracker
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Spirit

Spirit

Number of posts : 4465
Registration date : 2010-04-18

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:01 pm

And that's why I hope his next album (and tour) will be less rock and techno and pure singing voice. Show the public what he is capable of. Anybody can lick a mic, but nobody on this earth can sing like Adam.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:07 pm

I'd kind of like some 'rock' from Adam.....true rock. Less techno would be good, but that's what sells and that's what Adam likes. I really don't classify any of his songs now as 'rock', but that's me, maybe with the exception of Sure Fire Winners, that's close to rock and when done live it rocks! I wouldn't want his new album to be purely ballads, it would be nice, but it wouldn't have the success he needs. I'm sure his next album will be awesome regardless. I'm looking forward to some 'new' songs!!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:08 pm

canear wrote:
Quote :

I honestly believe that the majority of Adam's audience is there looking for an over the top performance; excited to see what he will do. He gives them what they want. The voice is just a plus.

Sadly I think most of those same people don't even care about the voice and, to me, that is just shameful.

I'm sure that's true. Just listen when he does Soaked.........there is so much talking going on sometimes it's hard to hear Adam over the chatter.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82389

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:15 pm

canear wrote:
Quote :

I honestly believe that the majority of Adam's audience is there looking for an over the top performance; excited to see what he will do. He gives them what they want. The voice is just a plus.

Sadly I think most of those same people don't even care about the voice and, to me, that is just shameful.

I disagree with that statement. Everywhere I read the fans are over the moon about his VOICE! They will talk about how sexy /gorgeous he is and then talk about the incredible notes he hits and how gorgeously he sang Soaked or Broken Open. They rave about the emotion he shows, his dancing, the way he works the stage. I see the total of his performances praised all the time. I do not think for one second that the majority of the thousands and thousands and thousands of people who have paid for tix and traveled long distances etc. are doing so just in hopes of an OTT sexual performance. I would bet my life the majority go because they know there is no voice or showman out there like Adam right now.

Also, once again he was being judged and put down before anyone saw the video proof of what really took place. Is it any wonder I jump to his defense the way I do shrugging

Honestly, I'm not being argumentative or anything and you all are free to state your opinions all you want here. Just doing the same....

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42151
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:24 pm

That's not the one I had issue with........Enter Sandman, around 2:45

ETA........FC, it's cool to have two sides to the discussion. On some boards only one side is allowed and if you dare criticize you are considered a pariah. Not here, thank goodness!

Last edited by canear on Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Yes Canear that is the one with all the action with the mike!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Sadly I saw it in a GIF but wanted to see the entire version because GIF's are sometimes one or two seconds over and over. This wasn't. No
Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:58 pm

That was a little nasty. I kind of agree with all of you, even with differing opinions. I see both sides. I'll simply stick with saying that no matter what, Adam is certainly in the moment when he performs. He doesn't hold back and no matter how many concerts he does, he always approaches it as if that concert were his first and last. The audience in turn gives him their complete attention. He is simply exciting.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:05 pm

Exactly Spirit! Love him!

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Quote :
That was a little nasty
Raunchy and over indulgent too.

I don't want to see that in concert, I don't want hubby to lose the little respect that he still has for Adam. shrugging
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Well, my hubby already doesn't have any respect for him BECAUSE HE IS GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So doesn't really effect me there. Stoopid hubby smack

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Well, my hubby already doesn't have any respect for him BECAUSE HE IS GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So doesn't really effect me there. Stoopid hubby smack

Well there is one thing we can agree on today FC! Bad hubby! smack
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Wrong threat sorry. lol!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Yeah FY - you gotta do better than that Razz

Canear - sometimes pigs do fly Laughing

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:39 pm

I had this posted in the thread that the topic was mentioned in but I deleted it and brought it over here cause this is the right place for it.

FY mentioned in the other thread that Adam totally let loose and it was like he was all over Tommy. I am not happy about this. Why does he do this? He does not have to pull all these stunts cause he is to darn talented. If he has a thing for Tommy and this is his way of letting him know then I can kind of see it and that is fine but if he is just doing it as a gimmick I am not liking it. Doesn't Adam want ALL his fans to be able to enjoy his concerts???? Right now he is catering to the fans that want to see all the overtly sexual stuff and that is not fair to the ones who just want to see his sing without the act.

FC I am sorry your husband doesn't like him just because he is Gay. I have no problem in the world with him being gay my total thing is I am tired of him and so many other artist thinking that ALL people want to see stuff that looks like a sex show on stage.

ETA: All the stuff I am ticked off about doesn't all have to do with Tommy; it has to do with all the over the top sexual stuff he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon praying shannonangel

Last edited by AngelWings on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:42 pm

I have been mulling this over all afternoon.

I didn't mean to agree that the majority of the audience goes to see an over the top performance. I'm sure there are some that do. It bothers me that when Adam does showcase his voice in the ballads that people don't stfu and listen, it's almost like they don't care about his voice sometimes. So many awesome vids of Soaked and alot of what you hear is talking and chatting, it infuriates me even more than this video.

I didn't find the video that offensive, a bit over the edge maybe Twisted Evil , but I do agree with Spirit. What bothers me the most is, I'd love to share this with my son who loves Metallica and I don't think he'd like to watch it.........and I don't say that proudly, unfortunately. Adam does perform in the moment, I love that. I didn't much care to see Tommy called over for the kiss......that's getting old to me, but I do 'go with the flow' for the show.

FC...............
Quote :
Also, once again he was being judged and put down before anyone saw the video proof of what really took place. Is it any wonder I jump to his defense the way I do

I so agree. I tried to stay out of the Adam threads because of this very reason. I think I might try harder.

FY.........I totally understand your post as well. My hubby isn't lenient at all and I would never show it to him. I can't believe my family's reaction to gay men, I'm the only accepting one here and it's hard not to be able to share Adam with them.

FC, our hubbies seem to have the same thoughts. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Sky, please don't stay out of the Adam. It's good to have ALL of us discussing how we feel about the various Adam happenings.

I think one reason I am not bothered by the video or Adam's antics is because for decades it's always been about exploiting women for sexual titillation. I love that Adam only exploits himself.

Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:08 pm

There really isn't much more to say. The one video wasn't so bad but I guess another one was. We should be sure of what is there, before we jump to conclusions but I guess with the stuff that I have seen, believing he had done even more, wasn't a stretch for me. So that is my defense.

I do stand by what I said regarding the audience and what they are there for. I am not talking about all of them, there are a lot that do care about the voice but I would be willing to bet and there is no actual way of knowing, that 2/3 of the audience ISN'T there for the voice. Sure they hear it and they think it is incredible but that wasn't the reason they went to the concert. These really aren't music lovers. They are excitment lovers, thrill lovers...whatever.

I think we all have a line that crossing it isn't acceptable. We have them in different places but I think we all have them. I am afraid that if Adam keeps going further, because honestly, some of the stuff he is doing now is starting to make the AMA's look tame, he is going to cross the line for someone that he wants to impress and that won't do his career any good at all.
Back to top Go down
stanley2

stanley2

Number of posts : 6397
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 pm

I, for one, do not care for some of Adam's antics on stage. But I love his enthusiasm and great voice. My husband, on the other hand, never said so, but I don't think he really appreciates Adam's talent because all he sees is his antics and his "screeching", as he calls it. But he did go with me to Adam's concert so I guess I shouldn't complain. He prefers Clay!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:19 pm

Quote: Where did I say it was okay for women to do it? I don't think it's okay either way. Britney/Madonna was the ultimate in hypocrisy to me. :Quote

Canear I fully agree with your post hear.

Don't forget that Madonna didn't just kiss Britney but Christina Agluera(sp?). I was watching that show and had no idea that was going to happen and when it did I was shocked. When they panned to the audience there was a lot of faces there that look pretty ticked off that they pulled that. The person who looked the maddest and totally embarrassed was Justin Timberlake. I know sooooooooooooo many parents that were so ticked and said they would never buy their children anything that had to do with Britney or Christina again. They were used to it from Madonna but were not happy she pulled this stunt at a hour that kids were still watching.

I am not a prude in any way but I am innocent for sure. I go to concerts and stuff cause I love to hear my faves live cause their voices sound soooooooooooooooooooooo much better. I do not go to a show to see them do staged stuff to get some people turned on. The energy of the person singing should be enough but no they have to push it so the visuals is all what people remember. I know many do it and it irritates the heck out of me. I hated it when Michael Jackson would go around grabbing his crotch every five seconds; he is gone now but now so many others are doing it and it is foul. One little boy I used to work with said he wanted to show me the Michael Jackson dance and I let it cause I thought he was going to do the moonwalk but what he did was do a little of that then one of Michaels spins then went on to grab his crotch. I had to tell him that was not acceptable to do at school,(in my opinion it is not appropriate anywhere but I am not his parents so that is all I could say)... There are sooooooooooooo many freaking talents artist out there that are selling out and pandering to people who want to see over the top sexual acts. I just want to see the person sing and it makes me sad that Adam and others seem to not give a crud about THOSE PEOPLE..

ETA: Oh I can tell ya I know a lot of his fans are into him more for his sexual antics. On Adam Online they have a thread called the Sex Addiction thread.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:26 pm

I don't think it is a case of the artists "not giving a crud" as it is they know they cannot please all people. So they do what they want and feel like doing as artists realizing full well some will love what they do and others will not. I don't love what Clay is doing now - so I'm no longer interested. That will happen with Adam and all artists. In fact many just move on because they are bored or have new interests.

Last edited by Firecracker on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Firecracker wrote:
I don't think it is a case of the artists "not giving a crud" as it is they know they cannot please all people. So they do what they want and feel like doing as artists realizing full well some will love what they do and others will not. I don't love what Clay is doing now - so I'm no longer interested. That will happen with Adam and all artists. In fact many just move on because they are bored or have new interests.

That is a true statement but what about the fans that don't move on because they love and adore that artist so much not only for the voice but for the good people they are but only dislike the over the top acts on stage. Those fans are supporting the artist just like the ones that are asking for all that stuff so why can't they find a happy medium and actually have some shows where they let the voice do all the talking and not do any of the over the top stuff instead just dance their butts off which usually gets audience members going to. It is like they never think about that. It is like you said they can't make everybody happy so they choose to go with the over the top stage crap and those fans who love that stuff win. Right there is what I am talking about if they thought about it for once maybe they would consider the other half for once.

Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:24 pm

Shannon, I agree completely. It wouldn't even require all that much of a change to make all of us happy.
Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:56 pm

Tweet Adam. Tell him.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:36 pm

Spirit wrote:
Tweet Adam. Tell him.

I soooooooooooooooooo wish I could but I do not have twitter.

I am thinking of writing a letter but since I so suck at writing it would probably come out badly :(

Jaycee it is true it would be pretty easy if Adam and other artist actually sat down and truly thought things out for their shows.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?
Page 16 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next