Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?

Go down 
+12
Spirit
jaycee
stanley2
horselaydee
AngelWings
teddyhugz
zara
Sky
nouniness
foreveryoung
canear
Firecracker
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Yep, he had met them both before...............
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:33 pm

blog of person at the concert:

http://adamlambertglamfans.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82396

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Thanks FY! Cool!

Eric? His name is Eric? Yo Adam, I have a blond son named Eric!!! Oh wait - I don't think you are his type. Bummer.....

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42154

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Spirit wrote:
I don't think it's cheap or sleazy as long as he keeps his clothes on, which he does. Unlike Gaga. And as long as it doesn't take over the act, because the focus should always be on his singing.

Yes it should when you have a gift as special as Adam's.
Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Okay so now I am home from work and of course I have been thinking about this all day. I wish I could have written down my thoughts but they expect me to work while I am there.

So, why did the kisses bother me. Honestly, if it had just been a small kiss, like I would think you might give a fan, that wouldn't have been a big deal. In my life you don't french kiss strangers... sorry!
But any kind of a kiss isn't smart when you are on tour, you should be careful to not get sick. I know many singers will talk to fans but they won't even shake hands because they can't take a chance. A person doesn't have to look sick to give you something, in fact a Dr said you are contagous before you even know you have anything. So, I don't think it is smart and I use to think that Adam was smart.

As I said in an earlier post I was never into rock and roll; there were songs I liked of course but I never went to a concert. Correct me if I am wrong but I always got the feeling that with rock it was never about how well the singer could sing. I can only think of a handful that were considered really good singers. Most rock music is loud and the singer screams to be heard over the band which seems to be trying to make sure that you can't hear him. The audience screams to add to it. Many of those singers were drunk or high or both during their performances so it is no telling what they did, they probably didn't know either. A great many of them died too soon, so I find it hard to get excited about Adam being anything like them.

So here is what I am afraid of, Adam will continue the way he is going, he will lose some fans that were there mostly for the voice and as the performaces become more and more sexual they will leave. They will be replaced by people that are more interested in the excitement, what will he do next and he will have to keep doing more and more to keep them interested and his voice will become a footnote.

You might think Adam wouldn't let that happen but fame is hard to let go of and so you keep giving the fans what they want.

I would bet that GaGa would be afraid to be anything close to normal, being strange is what got her were she is and she just might lose a lot of fans that don't care that she really has talent.

I don't want to see Adam in that place.

This may be exactly what he wants to do, this may be just the type of show he wants to put on. Maybe he is really looking forward to being even crazier and he won't care at all that his voice takes second place to everything else. And it is safe to say he won't care if I am in the audience or not.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:15 pm

Jaycee, I truly understand all your worries and I can see that as a possible outcome. Sad, if it does though, huh? Unfortunately, we can't change it. I feel there are just too many fans who encourage him to 'act out'.

Or maybe, just maybe.........as he settles into stardom he will realize he doesn't need the 'shock/surprise' element and he can be himself without offending some of his fans. I never want him to subdue a performance, I love his theatrics too much. He's still learning. At first his kissing Tommy was a novelty, but to me it's wearing thin as we know Tommy is straight and Tommy is still spreading his wings to stardom and he might find it's getting 'old' too.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Thank you for your thoughts Jaycee. I've been looking forward to reading them. I so agree with you.

Normally it's exciting to be mentioned on CNN but when it's for the right reasons. Adam is mentioned in the entertainment headlines......but look at why.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/18/adam-lambert-%E2%80%98tonguediving-is-the-new-stagediving%E2%80%99/?hpt=Sbin

Quote :
While some artists prefer to connect with an audience through their music, Adam Lambert has opted for a more… interactive approach

No This keeps up he'll be a novelty act. They're already focusing on the antics and not the music.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Pink has a masturbation couch for the song "I Touch Myself".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK-4IljpG1g

Robbie Williams brings young woman on stage. She grabs his butt, he her boob and they make-out like crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxn1MSCi0DI

This stuff is far from new. These artists are far from "novelty acts".

Pink had the best selling (arenas) tour of any female artist this year.

Robbie Williams has been hugely successful for for 15 years. Winning many awards and many hit records.

CNN? Adam is newsworthy.

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:42 pm

Canear I am really sorry to see that headline but I would have been very suprised if it hadn't been mentioned.

FC I know there are a lot of people out there doing things that, at least for me, totally cross the line of what is good entertainment. I know they are popular because there are just a lot of people in this world that love that stuff.

I realize I am out of step in todays world. I would do better as a Clay fan because I am much more comfortable with music and humor then I am with music and sex. Sometimes when sex is just in your face it stops being sexy.. at least for me. To bad I don't currently like Clay's music.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:57 pm

I realize and agree that some of what's out there crosses the line. My point in bringing those links over is just saying that huge acts do this and their careers do not end. They do not become novelty acts.

I myself don't think what Adam did last night comes close to what Pink and Robbie did. But their careers have not suffered. Nor Madonna's or Britney's (hey, she has been touring non-stop for what - a few years now and quite successfully) or Prince etc. etc.

I realize it is too soon to tell what will happen with Adam's. But I'm not worried about kissing a couple of fans during an encore sealing his fate.

No, he won't be everybody's cuppa. He wasn't everybody's when he was on Idol. What artist is everybody's cuppa? Madonna wasn't everybody's cuppa and she has now been hugely successful for 28 years!

We are just going to have to wait and see what the future holds. I can't control it - or Adam. I'm just going along for the fun ride!

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:33 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Pink has a masturbation couch for the song "I Touch Myself".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK-4IljpG1g

Robbie Williams brings young woman on stage. She grabs his butt, he her boob and they make-out like crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxn1MSCi0DI

Would never go see Pink even though I do like some of her songs and I do like her Glitter in The Air act but that is it. Would not go see Robbie Williams cause I have heard before he does stuff like this on stage and that the singing becomes secondary.

I fell in love with Adams voice and who he is as a person,(he is a good man), I am not into going to concerts,(especially ones I paid to see), to see the person stop singing and go and stick their tongue down someones mouth. Sorry I am not a voyer,(Sp?) and watching that would not be something I find hot. I don't care who the artist is kissing be it girl or guy. I want to see Adam so badly cause I adore his voice and I love to here it live, but I would not want to see him being so outragious and overly sexual; just not my type of thing so I guess I will never get to see a solo show of his unless he does a acoustic one where he stays on stage and away from Tommy and all audience members.

ETA: Yes Elvis did this type of thing and I know some people who saw Elvis before and actually thought him doing that type stuff was trashy. They thought it was getting female fans hopes up that there may be more with him and then they would be all upset when Elvis didn't have them backstage.)the women he kissed.

I have no problem with a hug or peck on the cheek but open mouth french kissing is just not right.

I guess Adam never saw Pretty Woman and the part where she explains why she doesn't kiss. She said it is far to personal and that is why she never did. I admit I happen to agree with this. If you are going to be kissing someone like this it should be someone you are involved with and care about.

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Adam will probably be fine. I guess I am feeling bad that it doesn't look like he will be someone I will enjoy seeing in concert. I really was hoping that he would be, since I love his voice and it is even better live.

I am very glad that I saw him at Fantasy Springs, that was a wonderful show and I doubt he will ever do anything that restrained again.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:04 am

Quote :
I doubt he will ever do anything that restrained again.

I hope that's not the case because if it is, it will be a sin.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:32 am

So if Adam's next tour were to be 90 mins or two hours and for a total of about 15 seconds of it he kisses somebody - you wouldn't go?

I cannot even comprehend that....

Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:26 am

Firecracker wrote:
So if Adam's next tour were to be 90 mins or two hours and for a total of about 15 seconds of it he kisses somebody - you wouldn't go?

I cannot even comprehend that....

No, I'm not saying that. I am saying that if the trend that seems to have started during this tour continues and by the time the next tour comes around He is doing even more. I can't imagine that I will want to see it. He started out not kssing Tommy and it went to a little kiss then a lick and now it has grown into a great big deal and he is adding all of the rest also.

We all have to do what works for us since we are all different. I didn't enjoy the last concert I went to and it wasn't like this last one. I see this stuff and it doesn't get me excited, when he rubs himself I don't think it is sexy I think it is gross, so why would I want to sit through something that upsets me. It isn't the kiss alone.

FC, you feel differently, as do most of the fans it seems, so with so many loving it I can't imagine it will stop, I can only imagine that he will do more and more. Maybe I am wrong. I just thought he wanted to appeal to more people but maybe not ones as conservative as I am
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:54 am

Jaycee - my comment was addressed to Angel. But I appreciate your response hugging

She has said numerous times she doesn't like to see people kiss. So I just meant if you really love an artist and his music and he puts on a two hour show but kisses someone for a few seconds - how could you not go? Close your eyes during the kiss?

We don't know yet if he will do more and more. However, since he, most fans, and many, many artists don't have a problem with it - then yeah, I could see more happening.

The story made it's way to the UK and from the comments they are posting they are DYING for Adam to get there!! They think it is great!

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:56 am

Oh, and here is a blog from the girl he kissed!! I get the feeling she might have really like it! Razz

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/37iagt

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:39 am

Jaycee, just know you're not alone. We are outnumbered but there are some of us who share your feelings. hugging

I think it's a sad world where it takes antics such as this to get someone to notice an incredibly talented artist such as Adam.

I'm glad the girl liked it as I wouldn't want him to be accused of harrassment. It doesn't change the fact, though, that I still don't think he should have done it.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:05 am

Like I said - he met her and knew she was a big fan. From what I am reading though I am pretty sure most of the people in the front rows would have been fine with it Wink

I still think Adam will be known much more for his talent than anything else. I think he already is.

Clearly this will help him in the UK where it appears radio didn't want to play him. Now that so many have watched this vid they are asking for him!

Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:40 pm

If some of you are worried that, because of this incident, Adam will eventually be known for his antics on stage rather than for his amazing voice, you might want to read the article below. I think it puts everything into perspective - it did for me anyway. I am trying not to get as invested in Adam as I was in Clay, mainly because it is so exhausting and emotionally draining, so whatever Adam does on stage or off stage, it is his choice and his business, and has no effect on me. I just want him to keep singing for a long time to come! He is an incredible entertainer with a stunning God-given talent - and I love him for who he is! ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 73774

http://www.examiner.com/concert-photography-in-providence/mr-adam-lambert-you-rock

AND there's a new entry into the Urban Dictionary! ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 Icon_razz

tonguediving 92 thumbs up
buy tonguediving mugs, tshirts and magnets
Like crowd surfing or stagediving, tonguediving involves a musician jumping into the crowd to make out with audience members. Coined (after being performed) by Adam Lambert on 17 August 2010.
Adam Lambert was tonguediving again during the encore of last night's concert. The Glamberts were flipping the fuck out.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tonguediving

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 Icon_lol

Last edited by claytonclayniac on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Thank you CC what a wonderful reading.

Quote :
But when the show is over, he stands before you, naked and real,

I sure like the visual of that! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:57 pm

And who knows, FY! It COULD HAPPEN at a future concert!! ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 Icon_wink

And did you notice that there are already mugs, t-shirts and stickers featuring the definition of "tonguediving" at the above urban dictionary website! ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 Affraid OMG! Too funny!! ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 877183 Adam Lambert....the trendsetter!! ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 547146
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:07 pm

CC, thank you for bringing that here! It says it ALL doesn't it. I marvel at Adam for his beautiful voice and the beautiful kind person he seems to be. I don't care what he does on stage, I can't change it, nor would I want to. I'd LOVE to see him in concert. Maybe by the time (if ever) I see him in concert he WILL be standing naked! One can dream!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:08 pm

OMG!!! He made the Urban Dictionary!! That is too cool!!

Love the write-up and I couldn't agree more!

CC - I'm totally with you! I don't believe for one second we need to worry. Adam is already known for his amazing voice! He proved that on Idol. Nobody can take that from him. Young Hollywood recognized him with their top honor/award. Huge names in the music biz have raved about his vocal talent! There are NO worries about that!

The antics? MOST all Iconic rock/pop stars have them!

Now - off to get me one of those TongueDiving (tmAdamLambert) mugs! drinking coffee

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:12 pm

OMG! I just looked at the mug and it really will have Adam's name on it with the date of the concert and everything!!!!

Hot damn! I really do want one!! The two toned one with navy blue inside!! EEK! One Christmas present for me picked out!!! :love60:

Between this and what is going on with the Brits at that site this has turned into promo you couldn't buy!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?
Page 9 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next