Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!

Go down 
+5
Hathor
teddyhugz
foreveryoung
canear
Firecracker
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82414
Registration date : 2008-08-09

ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Indeed!! Just like when Janet took all the heat for the Superbowl fiasco!

ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42158
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Quote :
He didn't say lay off. Just relax and lighten up

But he basically did FC.  He said 'leave Miley alone'.  That is what put me off about his statement.  

Yes, he has been in this situation, a situation that I have no doubt still affects him to this day.  I'm one who totally believes that the AMA's set his career way back.  If that performance had gone off perfectly, he was positioned to be a superstar.  It wasn't meant to be at that time.  It no doubt taught him some life lessons and God willing, his time will still come.  Miley, I see differently.  You often come down hard on Bieber.  Well, I think of Miley in that way.  I think she feels entitled and that she is a spoiled kid who has had it all and feels she can do what she wants.  She doesn't need defending.  Even if her career tanked today because of this, she already has millions in the bank.  She has a daddy that has millions in the bank.  I just cannot find any reason why she needs defending.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:27 am

We don't see a reason, but Adam does. He does because of his own AMA experience and because he knows her personally and she has been supportive of him.  Big difference when you know somebody and they have been good to you. HE has a connection we do not.

ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:43 am

True but I just wish he hadn't told others to leave her alone when they are entitled to their opinion of her and what she did.  She put herself out there and had to know there would be backlash.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:51 am

I think it was more about the endless pile on and really vicious comments all day long. Let's face it, she didn't murder anybody or kill kittens.  I think by the end of the day it had gotten so ridiculous on the social media, entertainment media, etc. that he just thought good grief enough. I know I feel that way as it is STILL being talked about everywhere.  It was JUST a performance on the VMAs not World War 3 being declared.  Sure, voice your opinion at the time of the show or when you saw it, but days worth of talking about it??? It's been a bit much.  On my phone I have an entertainment app and it is STILL the number one thing they are talking about.   I am so over it now and ready for some other entertainment news.

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:50 am

Me too I am so over this fuss.

This was the VMAs on MTV, do the complainers really know what is shown on cable MTV every single day?..............I rest my case!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:11 am

Right. The performance was crap for sure, but lord knows the VMAs are known for that stuff and Miley was far from the first to be raunchy on the show. I never watch the VMAs. I only watched this year for Adam and I would probably have watched it for JT getting together with N*SYNC.  Or I would have looked for JT's performance on You Tube.  The VMAs and MTV are not ever family friendly. Miley is just following along with Madonna, Britney, Xtina, GaGa and probably a ton more I never saw.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:50 am

foreveryoung wrote:
Me too I am so over this fuss.

This was the VMAs on MTV, do the complainers really know what is shown on cable MTV every single day?..............I rest my case!
Yes, the complainers know (at least I do) and that is why I don't watch.  That said it still doesn't make it right for that kind of crap to be on television period.  Cable or not.  It is our right to complain about it so ................
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 am

But the thing is that is how cable got started. To say and show things that was taboo for network TV. Cable is not obligated to meet the standards that network is.  Personally, I don't dig all that and I don't watch all that stuff, but millions do and cable is there to cater to those people.  The worst of it on the premium channels, but there is plenty of crap on the basic cable too.  Networks are losing ratings like mad to cable so they are trying to push the boundaries as well to keep up.  What can you do, people who like trash seem to out number those of us who don't shrugging

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:52 am

Oh, and by the way, all this talk in the media and social networks about how trashy it was and what an outrage has done is gotten it millions and millions of views! MTV is thrilled!!   Those who didn't watch it live are watching all the reruns! People should learn by now that the more attention you put on something the more people are going to watch it.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:05 am

It's a sad, sad world we live in. No 
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:26 am

Freedom is a wonderful thing, be and let it be, if you don't like something it is okay but allow people who do like it to enjoy it.

There is lots of things I don't like on TV and I don't watch it.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:41 am

That is pretty much all you can do FY.  If you don't like it don't watch it.   It's not going away. Ever. Sex sells. Always has and always will.  Miley's pre-sales for her album are huge now.  She achieved exactly what she wanted to. She is the talk of the world and her sales went way up. She stole the show from Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.  She might be upset about all the criticism or she might be patting herself on the back right now.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 am

I don't think she's upset at all for the reasons I stated before. What is sad is people buying into the crap.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:46 am

What is sad is that anyone thinks her music or voice are good enough to spend money on Rolling Eyes  Rauchy aside, her voice and showmanship is crap.

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:54 am

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

Number of posts : 21954
Registration date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:53 pm

It is like drivers on the highway rubbernecking to see the crash victims.

I do not get it.

shrugging 

Canear it is a sad sad world. Filth, rauchy, bad vocals etc and everyone wants to see.

No 
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Firecracker wrote:
What is sad is that anyone thinks her music or voice are good enough to spend money on Rolling Eyes  Raunchy aside, her voice and showmanship is crap.
I have bought exactly four songs from her and all four songs are ballads and Miley sounds great on them. I heard one song from her new cd and I actually like it. It is somewhat of a ballad.

I don't like Mileys raunchy side at all.

I just want to put this in here. Miley has not always been like this. Miley didn't start going downhill till her parents started having problems. The problems started I believe when Hanna Montana was just ending its run on Disney. Billy Raye was more of a Manager to Miley then a dad and her you don't hear much about her mom.

One last thing I don't blame anybody for talking about this stuff. The performance was not good at all and Miley was as Kelly said way pitchy. If Miley would of sounded good then I bet things would not of gotten this bad but because her voice was so off everything else she did was magafied 100%

Shannon praying shannonangel 
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39763
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 2:01 am

Angel, are you talking about "Wrecking Ball"? That's the new song you'll automatically have downloaded along with her single when you pre-order the album on iTunes. I've listened to it a few times and actually really like it. That's more what I want to hear from her than that ridiculous single "We Can't Stop" or whatever it's called. The two songs are so completely different from each other too. Talk about a 180. Miley does actually have a good voice and WB shows it. I'm still not thrilled with her performance and behavior and that's not going to change. Despite or in spite of everything she's definitely seeing the benefits from it all negative response aside. Isn't it interesting when something goes so wrong sparking such outrage and yet it brings positive rewards in some aspects. Crazy.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:48 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Angel, are you talking about "Wrecking Ball"? That's the new song you'll automatically have downloaded along with her single when you pre-order the album on iTunes. I've listened to it a few times and actually really like it. That's more what I want to hear from her than that ridiculous single "We Can't Stop" or whatever it's called. The two songs are so completely different from each other too. Talk about a 180. Miley does actually have a good voice and WB shows it. I'm still not thrilled with her performance and behavior and that's not going to change. Despite or in spite of everything she's definitely seeing the benefits from it all negative response aside. Isn't it interesting when something goes so wrong sparking such outrage and yet it brings positive rewards in some aspects. Crazy.
Teddy yes that is the one. Wrecking ball is good. yep complete 180 for the songs.

Shannon praying shannonangel 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!   ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAM PRESENTING AT THE VMAs!!
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7