Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER

Go down 
+7
WISCathy
AngelWings
foreveryoung
canear
Sky
teddyhugz
Firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Shocked

Sorry for having to put that figure out there but that is what it is.

First week: 39,000
Second week: 15,000
Third week: 9,000

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 10:32 pm

It's steadily dropping isn't it.............. That's a shame to, because I do like his voice, I just don't think the songs on the CD showcased it the best. I gave my cd to my DIL to listen to and told her to keep it or find someone to give it to, I didn't need it back.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Sky wrote:
It's steadily dropping isn't it.............. That's a shame to, because I do like his voice, I just don't think the songs on the CD showcased it the best. I gave my cd to my DIL to listen to and told her to keep it or find someone to give it to, I didn't need it back.

Yes it is but there is a small chance of maybe it selling a little better these next few weeks cause of Christmas. I don't know if it will happen but it could.

Lee seriously needs Sweet Serindipity to start selling well so it can go Gold. If he could have a hit single the label would be more inclined to keep him on, but with him being with the drop happy RCA I don't know what will keep him signed.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42148

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Lee performed at the Disney Parade in Disneyworld yesterday........he sang a cool version of Little Drummer Boy.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 8:48 pm

....and a holiday message! Very sweet.

I love you

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Quote :
Lee performed at the Disney Parade in Disneyworld yesterday........he sang a cool version of Little Drummer Boy.

We were watching the parade and hubby asked who is that? my daughter said is the guy who won AI, hubby couldn't believe it, he said: that guy is terrible. Sorry canear but I agree with him.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82379

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:17 pm

He is a sweet guy. It was an interesting version of the song.

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:21 pm

Yes he is and I think he is truly grateful for the opportunities that Idol has provided for him no matter what becomes of it all.

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:23 pm

Firecracker wrote:
He is a sweet guy. It was an interesting version of the song.
No matter how sweet he is, he still sounded awful. shrugging
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:40 pm

canear wrote:
Yes he is and I think he is truly grateful for the opportunities that Idol has provided for him no matter what becomes of it all.

He didn't sound to grateful in this interview. Shocked

DeWyze eager to shed ‘Idol’ stigma

“I guess I haven’t really talked much about it in any interviews,” DeWyze says, “but, you know, a big part of this process for me has been, there’s definitely a stigma attached to ‘American Idol,’ whether people like it or not. You know, I’m not an idiot. I definitely know what people have said about — whether it be ratings or shows or album sales or this or that. I know what’s out there.

“But for me, it’s like, when you’re on ‘American Idol,’ you’re almost expected to come out and be the biggest artist in the world, ever. And it’s like, people don’t understand sometimes that there’s a lot more to it than just going on the show, winning, and then, ‘Hey, I made an album, and I’m successful.’ It’s not like that.”

Read more at Chicago Tribune
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:52 pm

foreveryoung wrote:
canear wrote:

He didn't sound to grateful in this interview. Shocked

DeWyze eager to shed ‘Idol’ stigma

“I guess I haven’t really talked much about it in any interviews,” DeWyze says, “but, you know, a big part of this process for me has been, there’s definitely a stigma attached to ‘American Idol,’ whether people like it or not. You know, I’m not an idiot. I definitely know what people have said about — whether it be ratings or shows or album sales or this or that. I know what’s out there.

“But for me, it’s like, when you’re on ‘American Idol,’ you’re almost expected to come out and be the biggest artist in the world, ever. And it’s like, people don’t understand sometimes that there’s a lot more to it than just going on the show, winning, and then, ‘Hey, I made an album, and I’m successful.’ It’s not like that.”

Read more at Chicago Tribune

People have been talking about this interview a lot. Some people think he is being rude and ungrateful some are not knowing what is up with him and some are defending him. I honestly don't know what to think so I am just not going to say anything till I can figure it out.

Eta: I do agree with one thing Lee says in it though and that is of the expitations put on all the idols that get signed. They are expected to go out there and sell a million cd's like right out of the door and if they don't do it they are looked as failures. It is wrong. In the true sense of the word they are new artist and should have the chance to feel the way around for their cd's like any other new artist. I think the idols get to much stress put on them right out of gate.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 10:06 pm

So what is up with this article that Forbes put out? I just found it.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/06/15/american-idol-dewyze-personal-finance-derivatives-trading-career.html

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:21 am

I don't think he sounds one bit ungrateful in that interview. He just states it exactly how it is. Even Adam has mentioned how there is a stigma with Idol. So has Kelly. Also, he is right on the money on the expectations. But they are seen by 30 million people a week and those people supposedly get invested and vote for them so I can see where one would think they should sell at least 1 million CDs. That would be just 1/30th of all those people watching. They may be new artists but new artists with the worlds biggest platform to spring off of.

I do not get what you mean "What is up with this article?" So he had a job before his six years at the paint store. I had 3 different jobs between 16 and 21. This is far from unusual. Idol talked about the job he had when he went on Idol. Do they ever talk about all of the contestants previous jobs? I just don't get what issue you have with this article. shrugging Besides, Idol is going to go with whatever story they think works best for the show. Carrie did a whole lot more before Idol than work the cows.

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 7:07 pm

it is just what I asked what is up with the article. Forbes didn't have to write this but they did and they wrote it like Idol was hiding something from people. I wasn't accusing Lee of something if that is what you were asking. I just wanted to know what was up with article.

I will say I honestly do not think that Idol should continue with their practice of what would make the better story cause then things like this do come out and then it does make people wonder.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Not sure where to put this, but Lee has caught a tough break this week. He was apparently scheduled to sing the National Anthem at the Bears/Seahawks football game this weekend but he has been replaced by the Blackhawks singer, Jim Cornelison (who sang at last week's game). I'm certain it's all a superstition thing on the Bears part, but what a tough pill to swallow for Lee. That would have been a huge audience for him to sing for. No
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Oh no. Poor kid. Might be for the best though. He has had so much bad press that if the Bears did lose ( don't even want to think about that) he'd be blamed!

Hope he is at least at the game in a great seat!

Back to top Go down
WISCathy

WISCathy

Number of posts : 3729
Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Hmmm.... that's interesting.... up here, our Fox news station said that Lee will be singing at Soldiers Field this weekend. The Station has been mentioning him all afternoon/night long in their breaks. I'll have to watch and and see what is being said.
Back to top Go down
WISCathy

WISCathy

Number of posts : 3729
Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:30 pm

From our Fox News Station ... Lee said that he will be singing during half-time at Da Bears/Packers game! He'll be singing songs from his album, including "Sweet Serendipity".

They will have the other half of his interview on their News tomorrow.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:04 pm

Should be fun for him!

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:12 pm

I am not even a fan of lee's but I feel horrible for him. Lee was supposed to have a new single out and perform on idol last week but that never happened. Many believe is because RCA still has not got his single out. Now there is word going out that He will be on Idol singing on March 31. Ugh That is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too late to be getting his second single out. There has been no word on the title of the single and add date. What the heck is RCA doing to Lee. I know Jive has screwed up with Kris and Alli and a few others on their thing but I just thought that was Jive. I thought RCA had improved since the crap with Diana but I see I was mistaken. I will not be surprised if Lee is not with RCA at the end of the Summer.

So sorry Lee No

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:27 am

It is sad, but he just does not have much of a fan base at all. His sales have been miserable. I just don't know if there is much hope for him. With this season having strong singers and last season being seen as the season everyone wants to forget - I just think he is toast. Hope an Idol appearance helps him - but I doubt it will..... Poor kid.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39751
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Quote :
Lee DeWyze will be performing LIVE at Westfield Culver City on Saturday, April 2nd at 3pm. Lee will be launching his own shake at Millions of Milkshakes. The first 150 guests to purchase a shake will get an autograph and a photo taken with Lee*. Feeding America will receive 50% of proceeds from the sale of each Lee DeWyze shake sold in Millions of Milkshakes stores beginning on April 2nd, 2011 and continuing through July 2nd, 2011. Via Facebook

THAT'S MY MALL!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S 10 MINUTES AWAY!

Stupid freaking fudge I've got to work that day until 5! UGH!!!!!!!! BOO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Oh no - what a shame you can't go. I loved him tonight!

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:05 pm

He was wonderful tonight! That song really suits him.

Teddy, April 2nd is a ways off. Could you not switch a shift with somebody?
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39751
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Oh wait Laughing I was so excited about the first part I didn't see the date. SORRY! I just saw Saturday at 3pm and freaked. I could probably go then if I plan for it................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next