Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Live Music Adventures

Go down 
+9
dancingdigits
AngelWings
canear
teddyhugz
aerwin
janice
Firecracker
Sky
horselaydee
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39763
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Working on it!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:01 pm

Well, girls you all have a good Saturday night. I'm heading out with my bff. I've got my Hanson concert tonight!! Will post a recap when I get home.

Live Music Adventures - Page 5 738172
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:09 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
Well, girls you all have a good Saturday night. I'm heading out with my bff. I've got my Hanson concert tonight!! Will post a recap when I get home.

Live Music Adventures - Page 5 738172

Have a blast!

Shannon Live Music Adventures - Page 5 223329 Live Music Adventures - Page 5 852399
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Have a BLAST!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanks! I know I will. They're one of my very favorites to go see in concert. After all I wouldn't keep going if they weren't! I mean I have seen them about 10 times already. Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82413

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:52 pm

Be safe and have lots of fun! party

Live Music Adventures - Page 5 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 2:20 am

Back from the concert!!! It was a blast. So much fun. They did a lot of old stuff, but some new stuff too from their upcoming album out next year! There were three other bands who came on before them that were all really great. Some of the guys were a real hoot and just cracked me up. They definitely had personality!

Sterwood
Steelsoul
Hello Goodbye
Hanson

Hanson had about a two hour set. I loved, loved every minute of it. I had been taking pictures with my phone but there were camera police everywhere. This one guy was seriously cracking down. He was all business. Threatened to kick me out if he saw me with my phone out again. Jerk!!!! He ruined my mood for a bit so I ended up going to the bar and getting a rum and coke to calm down. It did the trick! That was early on though before Hanson came out. When they finally did it was all singing, screaming (every now and again) and dancing around!!! I tell you there's nothing like a Hanson concert. They said they would be back next summer. So looking forward to that!!!

One of my favorite songs they did tonight was a brand new one from the upcoming album. Zac performed it all by himself on the piano. The song was called "Use Me Up" and it was gorgeous!!!!

Songs they did.

Where's The Love
Great Divide
Get Up & Go
Hey
Better Than Before
Lost Without Each Other
A Minute Without You
Twist & Shout
Crazy Beautiful
This Time Around
Stand Up (NEW!)
If Only
Gimmie Some Lovin
Something Going Round
A Minute Without You
You Never Know
MMMBop

(The following were done Acoustic)
Carry You There (NEW!)
Penny & Me
A Song To Sing
Use Me Up (Zac solo NEW!)

I think that's all of them except for two other ones they did. The first was another new song. The second was a cover. I can't think of the song titles though unfortunately. The cover had something to do with Oklahoma, Arizona and heaven. lol

Anyhow, I had a blast!!!! It was kind of bittersweet since it was the first Hanson concert I went to without my sister. All the others she and I went to together. Hopefully she and I can do one together next summer!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 7:30 am

Sounds like an awesome time!! I hope you and your sis can go together again really soon!

Live Music Adventures - Page 5 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 1:03 am

Hey all I just got home about 15 minutes ago. I went to the CELTIC WOMAN concert and OH MY GOD it was AMAZING!!! They were all completely Breathtaking. They sang some of the most beautiful songs that are out there. Many songs sung and also many numbers that were just the Violinist and the band,(the violinist is Mairead) and the gal is a firecracker mixed with Pixie Fairy.) Just so awesome.

The concert went on for 2 hours and 10 minutes :)

Some of the songs they sang that you guys may know:

"Fields Of Gold"
"True Colors"
"Orinoco Flow"
"When You Believe",(from the movie Prince of Egypt)
"You'll Be In My Heart"
"Danny Boy"
"You Raise Me Up"
"Have I Told You That I Love"
"Nella Fantasia"

"The Last Rose Of Summer"
"Shenandoah",(Mairead plays this)
"Isle Of Hope; Isle of Tears"
"Sing Out"

There are some songs they did that I have no clue what the song title is but they were gorgeous. One song they did is called "The Voice" and oh my it fills you up with love. Another song they did was a brand new one called "O'America" and that one was chocking me up and filling me with love and pride.

These ladies are so thankful to be accepted here in America. They are from Ireland I believe. The told us that they especially love California cause this state has opened its arms to them so many times. They said they have done 40 concerts in California; that is more than they have done anywhere else. All of them so sweet and loving to the crowd.

Even if this type of music is not your thing if you can see them in concert do it. You will not regret it. Everything about the show was so uplifting and inspiring and so filled with a total loving energy. You come out of one of their concerts feeling totally inspired and with a good feeling in your heart. After all that has been going on I needed to see this. When they were singing "You Raise Me Up", "The Voice", "Fields Of Gold", "True Colors",Believe" and "O'America" tears did flow a little from my eyes and it was good. I needed to get the Anger and Hurt I have been feeling out. I am still hurt but since seeing Celtic Woman i am feeling a lot more uplifted.

Again if you can go see these brilliant women with voices of Angels you will not be sorry. By the way their band is off the hook. The percussionist alone kept my attention a lot of the times when it was just Mairead and them. He and Mairead fed off each others energy so much of the time it was a brilliant sight to see.

ETA: you guys should of seen the gowns they wore; so gorgeous. The dress so elegant and classy for the concerts. Always wear beautiful gowns.

I will bring over some videos from past shows they have done of some of their songs. I will go see if I can find "The Voice" and other stuff

Here are videos of some of the songs from the show. Of coarse the videos are from other shows. I just want them hear so you can see and hear the amazing stuff.

"The Voice"

This is an amazing version but as good as this was seeing it in person I would have to say the version I heard thursday night was the most amazing version they have done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfO6JpR5Ip8

Here is another version of "The Voice" from the newest tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqOgOzRXfaE

"SING OUT"

Very fun and inspiring song. Gets the crowd involved. I picked this video to put here cause this is for sure a song they do at all there concerts but also because you get to see the Firecracker Pixie fairy,(Mairead on violin), and my percussion guy totally getting into it. As I have posted already they feed off each others energy so much.

ETA: I will be honest I kind of prefer this song now. Orla and Maeve are amazing but for some reason now hearing it live I like Alex and Lynns voices better on this song with Chloe and Lisa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWk8TwaqXBI

"You Raise Me Up"

This version includes Hayley Westenra who was touring with them. Haley is not on t tour with them anymore. The red head in the purple dress and the blond in the red dress are not with the group right now,(Orla and Meav The two new girls are just as amazing,(Lynn and Alex)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faKFcfytlxU

These are songs they are actually doing on tour now with the two new girls Alex and Lynn!

"O'America"

Here is the new song I was speaking of. So inspiring. You will see the new girls in this video. The dresses they are wearing they wore for thursdays show :) Makes me kind of feel like this was my show :)

Choe is the first to sing and I love her. She is so adorable. Lisa I believe sings second she is the one that sang "The Voice". Lynn and Alex are the other two amazing woman I am not sure which one is which though. Mairead on the violin is just awesome on that thing.

You guys even if this is not your type music you have to listen to this song. It is such a loving song to America. I have tears in my eyes again just listening to it again. I have to get this off of itunes if it is there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEpX2BcB9As

"When You Believe"

Here is Chloe singing "When You Believe" So inspiring. Sorry if it isn't the best video I think this is someones snuck in camera video. You can see my percussion guy in the background on her left I believe it is. Well you only see him a little but I hear him since I have seen the show :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GsR9tIS8CI

"Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears"

The man on the pipes so amazing; his name is Tommy Martin. This song is so gorgeous. By the way another snuck in camera so it isn't the greatest but you still get to hear the amazing songs that I got to hear :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNVNQwtS2bU

Have no clue what he song is but they close the show with it. Its gets the audience really involved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkwDXGVTJ3E

Here is one of Mairead's numbers and you get to see what a firecracker she is and you get to see my percussion guy,(he is the guy with the black tank top on with the muscles Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Icon_sunny ), she and him so fed off each others energy Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Icon_bounce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTTbEZeNmxg

The tour is called The Isle of Hope tour and here is a little thing that was done for TV I believe and it shows many of the songs they did. It is only a minute and 31 seconds long though. The women in the blue dress,(New girl Alex), is so good. I love the dress by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kNYS-jMA8c

"Fields Of Gold"
Audio Only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7EOD-1jYkE

"True Colors",Partial song!
This is one of the new girls solo's. This is Alex!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq-8whZsXfc

"Goodnight My Angel" Audio Only also partial song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0I3UjlsP00

Here the ladies are on Good Morning America.
The sang a little of "You Raise Me Up" and they sing O'America",(oy I so love this song so inspiring and loving).

The Ladies in order here. Alex, Lynn, Mairead, Lisa and Chloe!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naeb6N5VYLI

Here are the ladies on Dancing with the Stars performing "You Raise Me Up"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJUIV0T9R6Y

Here they are on the TODAY SHOW singing "Danny Boy"

again the order you see them in is Alex, Lynn, Mairead, Lisa and Chloe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEMjLOw55LQ

I love watching all these videos and seeing the smiling face of Mairead and the others. They just smiled so proudly up there on stage.

Okay there's all the videos I am bringing over for right now. I would of brought more but I think this is enough and I am just stoked I found stuff that they actually are doing on this tour.

Shannon Live Music Adventures - Page 5 223329 Live Music Adventures - Page 5 852399

Last edited by AngelWings on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:33 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 1:17 am

Angel, I had almost forgotten that you had the concert to go tonight. As soon as I started wondering where you were and worrying a little bit I remembered that that was where you were tonight. I'm glad you had this night out to just have fun and enjoy yourself. It sounds like this is exactly what you needed and it couldn't have come at a better time. Your spirits were lifted and your heart was filled with love. That is wonderful and I'm glad,
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 2:44 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Angel, I had almost forgotten that you had the concert to go tonight. As soon as I started wondering where you were and worrying a little bit I remembered that that was where you were tonight. I'm glad you had this night out to just have fun and enjoy yourself. It sounds like this is exactly what you needed and it couldn't have come at a better time. Your spirits were lifted and your heart was filled with love. That is wonderful and I'm glad,

Thank Teddy; sorry to worry you I went straight to the concert with my family when I got off work.

The concert was amazing. If you look up at the post you just read you will see I put in lots of videos. I found stuff that they are performing for this tour and the best part I found the song "O America" which I said you all have to hear. It is so uplifting and loving and emotional and so much more.

As I said above I needed to see this concert. Everything happens for a reason and boy me going to this concert where they were singing all these songs of love, inspiration, faith, hope is like something that was very important for me to see. God works in mysterious ways and I tell ya we ordered these tickets like a month and a half ago so someone up there is watching over for sure.

Go watch the videos and let your heart be touched Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Herz Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Icon_flower

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 5:33 am

Awesome recap and so much info!! cheers

What perfect timing! How great you got to get out and have a wonderful night after what happened. hugging

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 5:38 am

Firecracker wrote:
Awesome recap and so much info!! cheers

What perfect timing! How great you got to get out and have a wonderful night after what happened. hugging

FC glad you liked my recap!

seriously go watch the video for "O'AMERICA" It is so amazing. You have to hear it I know your heart will be touched just like mine was and is every time I hear the song. I have played that video like 10 times since I found it.

Hugs to you and good night.

Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Wow Angel! They are so talented! How very cool you got to see them! Their music reminds me of the music for the equine show called "Cavalia" that I saw a few years ago that literally blew me away. Thanks for sharing your Celtic Woman experience!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:53 am

horselaydee wrote:
Wow Angel! They are so talented! How very cool you got to see them! Their music reminds me of the music for the equine show called "Cavalia" that I saw a few years ago that literally blew me away. Thanks for sharing your Celtic Woman experience!

You are so welcome. It was an amazing show so I had to share with you guys.

Did you watch the videos I posted? I hope you did.

Oh forgot to mention I bought the song "O'America" on Itunes I had to have the song. I am going to buy the video of the song also.

I was just looking and starting on November 28th PBS stations are playing Celtic Woman's latest show Live Music Adventures - Page 5 8041 if you click on this link you will see stuff about it and it puts out all the songs they are doing. These are pretty much all the songs they sang at my show! Since this is coming on PBS that means their will be a DVD and I am so stoked about this Live Music Adventures - Page 5 8041

http://www.cpbn.org/program/celtic-woman-songs-heart#

Here is the 6 minute preview of the "Songs From the Heart" concert that will be on PBS: So awesome. Again they get to be in the exquisite gowns!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAD6y6n_8aI

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:44 am

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Jimmy Kimmel - Allison Iraheta

I just got home about 40 minutes ago. I had wanted to come home right after we got out of the show which was at 8:30 but since there were four of us everyone wanted to grab a bite to eat. I didn't want to be a spoil sport or anything and besides it all turned out pretty well in the end.

So it took forever to get taken inside. Then it took ages for the taping to start. With as many times as I've gone before and participated in the inside studio audience I had forgotten how tiring it can be. I couldn't stop yawning half the time. Don't worry I didn't fall asleep! There was lots going on to keep me entertained. I laughed a lot and had a good time.

Kimmel did a taped interview with one guest that's supposed to air tomorrow night. Then he got to tonight's actual show. As it turned out Rachel McAdams is on tonight but her taping was recorded on a previous day. That was slightly disappointing as I love her. It would have been so cool to have gotten to see her. Maybe some other time.

After one other guest interview it was finally time to go out into the lobby to watch Allison. She looked absolutely gorgeous! She sounded great too. Earlier when we were standing outside we could hear her rehearsing and I knew then she would be great. She performed Friday I'll Be Over U, which the crowd seemed to really like. They cut to a quick commercial and came back for a quick goodbye and what was really cool about that was they filmed that little bit right in front of me. I had one other person, a tall person at that, stand in front of me, but Allison was only 5 feet away!!!! I was so excited at seeing her that up close. She's so pretty and TINY! I was quite surprised by the fact. She's actually not much taller than me even. So they did the goodbye and then Allison hopped back up on stage to do Holiday, which she seriously kicked butt on! The crowd responded in a much bigger way to that song. I could really tell how much people were liking it and the majority didn't even know who she was before tonight. I think it's safe to say she made quite a few new fans tonight. I hope they all go out and get her album.

I don't think they aired Holiday at all. I'm hoping they'll put it up on the website to watch. I will be really disappointed if they don't as I know they recorded it.

Anyways, I'm super glad I went tonight after all. There were some off uncomfortable moments with two of the other people with my friend and I. That's mostly because she knows them and I don't. I felt like the odd one out and at first I wasn't included at all. As the night wore on though I loosened up and talked a little more. So all around it was good night out and I had fun. I think everyone else did too. Most of all it was AWESOME seeing Allison live!!!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 2:01 am

Great write up. Glad you had fun and got to see Alli. Love that she did so well!

Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Icon_santa Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Icon_santa Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Icon_santa Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Icon_santa Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Icon_santa Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Icon_santa

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 2:27 am

Thanks!

Yes she did very well. I can happily say now that if anyone had to take that spot after what happened with Adam I'm thoroughly overjoyed it was Allison. I wouldn't have wanted to see anyone else taken it. Well aside from Kris.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 6:23 am

I'm glad you had such a great time!!

I can't help but wonder what Alli's sales would have been like if Holiday had been the single. I think that is an awesome song. Maybe it was "the cover" thing that stopped them. But for me the single they released is the worst song on the CD so I just don't get it. I guess they were hoping for "Since U Been Gone" lighting strike.

Anyway, for your sake I am glad that Alli was Adam's replacement and you got to see her up close!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 2:23 am

Oh my gosh YAY!!!!!!! I'm excited. I have another night out next Tuesday to see Mark Ballas at Hotel Cafe in LA. It only cost $25 for two tickets! I tweeted him and told him I'd be at the show and he tweeted me back saying he'll see me there! How freaking cool is that???

Live Music Adventures - Page 5 497793
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:01 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Oh my gosh YAY!!!!!!! I'm excited. I have another night out next Tuesday to see Mark Ballas at Hotel Cafe in LA. It only cost $25 for two tickets! I tweeted him and told him I'd be at the show and he tweeted me back saying he'll see me there! How freaking cool is that???

Live Music Adventures - Page 5 497793

Awesome hun show Mark the Love. I adore Mark!!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:29 am

I'll definitely show him the love! You can count on that.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 7:14 am

Have fun! Is he singing or dancing? Laughing

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 7:08 pm

He's going to be singing FC. From my understand he'll be debuting new music. All throughout this past season of DWTS he's been spending all his time in the studio. If not the dance studio he's in the recording studio. He is one busy guy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Live Music Adventures
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next