Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Live Music Adventures

Go down 
+9
dancingdigits
AngelWings
canear
teddyhugz
aerwin
janice
Firecracker
Sky
horselaydee
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82391
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Live Music Adventures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 5:22 am

Thanks for the awesome recap Teddy!!!

Sounds amazing! Glad you had a great time and you were in the same room with Adam!!!

woohoo

Live Music Adventures - Page 3 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42152
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 8:15 am

teddy you are so fortunate to live in a city where you can experience these shows without having to travel for hours!

When I was younger I lived in Toronto (a big city here) and went to shows all the time. It was so much fun!

Glad to hear you had such a great time!!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:16 pm

Yes, I used to live closer to Chicago when I was in my teens and 20s. Went to tons of concerts and even some plays.

Live Music Adventures - Page 3 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 10:28 pm

Teddy, what a fantastic concert review! Live Music Adventures - Page 3 Icon_cheers It made me feel as if I was there! Live Music Adventures - Page 3 Icon_lol I've always liked Pink but don't know too much about her music. After seeing her perform on the VMAs, I must look into her music more and perhaps purchase some of it. Will also have to check her website to see where her tour takes her! I love getting interested in new artists (new for me anyway!) and discovering new music!! So glad you had a wonderful time at the concert! Do you have any other concerts coming up anytime soon?!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39754
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 10:47 pm

canear and FC I do consider myself very lucky to be able to see and hear so many!!! I don't get to do nearly as much as I would like but I get to do enough and I'm quite happy about it!

As soon as I started working and making my own money after high school I jumped on the concert band wagon!!! I love going to shows and seeing people perform. It's tons of fun.

CC I was actually going to go see David Cook again tomorrow in Newport Beach, but my friend I was going to go with decided she couldn't do it. It's two hours away from where she lives, one hour from me, and she was concerned about getting home too late with work early the next morning. I'm pretty bummed out about it too. I so badly want to see him again after the awesome time I had last week. But that's okay. They'll be other times!

As for Pink I've been a fan of hers for quite some time. She's very gustsy and out there in the way she approaches things. She holds nothing back. Her music is fun, but it's also incredibly raw and emotional. The way she sings only makes it that much more better.

I would definitely look into her more if you're interested. She's completely worth it.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:43 am

Friday, October 9, 2009 Jimmy Kimmel Live Outdoor Mini Concert

Backstreet Boys

I have never been so squished, pushed and shoved in my life. I thought the bus line after the Idol concert was horrible. Well tonight takes the cake. Goodness, BSB fans are INSANE! I ended up from 7th row all the way to 3rd due too all that pushing! I don't even know how I survived it, but thank goodness I did!

I couldn't really see any of them all that well because of a few very big tall people in front of me but I expected that. When they came to my side of the stage I could see them through the small gap I had. I was able to get a few pictures. Although all of them pretty crappy, but that's okay. I didn't really care. I was just plain happy to be there!!

The guys did a four song set. They did Straight Through My Heart, Bigger, I Want It That Way and Everybody Backstreet's Back. The crowd went absolutely out of this world crazy when they did the two old songs. It was sheer pandemonium. I'm not kidding you either. It was pretty damn awesome. Well aside from the ear-splitting screams in my ears and being squished like a sardine!

I can't remember which song it was but at one point Nick surged forward into the crowd and before I knew what was going on he was right above my head!!!! I could not breathe. HOLY FREAKING CRAP NICK CARTER WAS ONLY TWO FEET FROM ME!!!! Had I bloody known and looked up sooner I could have reached my hand up to have him grab!!!!!!!!!

A couple of hours before the show out near the alleyway the guys came out and were signing autographs as well as taking pictures. Brian didn't come out since he's still sick and not allowed. He's on pretty strict instructions. But the other three did. I missed AJ and Howie. (Damn my life again!!!) I did get to see Nick though and it was the best! A couple of people I met while in line got to actually meet him and get his autograph. Lucky!!!! One of these dang days I'll meet those guys. I swear it!

After the concert my friend and I met up with another of my friends who was also there and we all went to dinner at this cute little diner right across the street. Mel's Diner. It was lots of fun. I even ordered myself a drink just like I said I would! I went with my usual Strawberry Daiquiri. HA I just can't get away from it! I wish I had gotten a Rum & Coke though. Next time!

Tonight goes down as another fantastic one!

To see a few of my pics you can check them out here.

http://www.twitpic.com/photos/jenbear84

Oh one last thing the friend I met up with at the concert she loves Adam too and both of us said if he does Kimmel that we're totally going!!!! HAHA She even wants to camp out. No way in heck I'm doing that though!

Last edited by teddyhugz on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:56 am

Coolness Teddy so glad you had a great time Live Music Adventures - Page 3 Icon_bounce

Wow Nick was so close to you Live Music Adventures - Page 3 Herz

I hope you get to meet them ones of these days. i so want to meet Brian. I adore that man :)

Thanks for giving us the great recap.

Hey check your pm's

Shannon Live Music Adventures - Page 3 238989 Live Music Adventures - Page 3 330598
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 2:08 am

Yes Nick was very close to me!!!! And man is he gorgeous. Sigh. My teenage girl dream (almost) come true to be that close to him! The next best thing would be meeting him of course.

I got it and wrote back.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 7:35 am

How awesome for you being that close to Nick! Sounds like you had a fabulous night (other than being squished!).

I stayed up to watch it on tv but as per usual they only show one whole song and a bit of the second. They waste so much time on commercials!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 7:43 am

Sounds awesome Teddy!! Glad you had such a great time and survived! Good pix too! I hope Brian is doing much better.

HA - Mel's Diner - like from the show Alice!

Strawberry Daiquiris are my fave! Get them whenever we go out to dinner! Before I fell in love with those - it was Rum and Coke! Teddy - I swear we are related some how! Laughing

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:20 pm

We just may be related FC and we don't even know it! hehe

Yes last night was a real blast. So much fun.

canear, I hate how they show so many dang commercials. It's annoying!!! I hope they put up the videos on the site within the next week. I want to see them so badly!!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Sounds like you had a great time! Good for you!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 2:14 am

I know these are seriously late. But I finally got around to uploading my pics from the David Cook concert.

The first few pics are of Ryan Star.

The next batch is of the Crash Kings.

And then of course David.

Enjoy them!

https://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/teddybearhugz/Davd%20Cook%20Music%20Box%2009-09-09/

I'll get to my pictures from the Pink concert in the next few days I hope.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:54 am

Lots of great pix Teddy! :D

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:56 am

Awesome pictures. I always did like Ryan Star!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:47 am

Yep, he was our fave on Rockstar Supernova! Man - that sure turned out to be a bust! Live Music Adventures - Page 3 Icon_eek

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:01 am

Yes, it did.............Not only the band didn't carry through, but Lukas just gave me the creeps. I hear he's quite nice though, but he was just creepy.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:16 am

Hee - remember I called him LucASS (shame on me) I didn't like him at all until the end. He seemed to get nicer. But yes, I have read he is a very nice guy. I know he tried to help out JD.

Oh well, good to see that Ryan is still working. He is very talented and handsome too!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Glad you girls like the pictures!

Yes Ryan is very talented and I thoroughly enjoyed him at the show! Did I ever mention he has an EP out? I know it's on iTunes because I bought it, but not sure if it's in on Amazon. It's worth checking out too because it's really good!!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:16 pm

Well my adventure isn't until tomorrow night but I'm excited! Some friends and I are going to see Theo Tams, our Canadian Idol! Live Music Adventures - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Oh that's tomorrow canear?

I wish I were going with you!!

Have an awesome time!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Have a great time!!!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Have an awesome time Canear! I love you

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks guys........I love Theo and I think it's going to be an awesome show!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:03 pm

I'm home! We had a fabulous time tonight. Theo was performing at a small theatre about an hour from here in Hamilton (just across the road from where the AI tour was in August). This is THE only way to see a show I tell you! There were maybe 300 people there and it was a very intimate setting. You'd think with that kind of setting it would be a quiet, subdued show. Heck no! Theo brought his band (2 guitarists, a drummer, a keyboardist......and Theo plays keyboard as well!) and they rocked out. He has such an incredible voice and he has gained an incredible stage presence since Idol. The best part of it being in such a small venue was that we were thisclose to the stage Live Music Adventures - Page 3 Icon_biggrin . It was a table setup and we got lucky and the table in front of us wasn't taken so we moved up at intermission........front row!!! It was just WOW! Theo is such a sweetheart and truly appreciated the audience. He is really into the music and his emotions are all over his face when he sings........and we saw them up close, did I mention that? Live Music Adventures - Page 3 Icon_wink He performed most of the songs from his CD, most with the band, some with just him on the keyboard .......swoon. He also added a few songs that he had performed on Canadian Idol with a new twist. I took two friends with me, one who saw Theo last year for the CI tour with me and the other who hadn't seen him live before. They both were very impressed and bought his CD there tonight. Awesome show! If Theo ever breaks out in the US and you get a chance to see him, you just have to! I don't know if you've ever heard of Matt Dusk. He's a Canadian singer (similar to Michael Buble) who is very popular up here right now.......and Theo is going to be opening his tour for him. It's a great break for Theo because the CI's don't usually get that kind of exposure. I'm hoping to go see him on this tour as well!

And it gets better! As if the show wasn't awesome enough, Theo announced at the end of the show that he'd be signing stuff in the lobby after the show! I had taken my CD with me just in case and it paid off! We got to him and chit chatted........he asked where we were from and his words to us were 'well be sure to drive safely'.........and signed our CD's .......Theo Tams xoxo. He is such a sweet and genuine guy and had a big smile for everyone.

An awesome, awesome night!!! I just lurve Theo. Canada couldn't have a better Idol in my books!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Live Music Adventures - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Live Music Adventures
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next