Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!

Go down 
+7
nouniness
canear
AngelWings
horselaydee
teddyhugz
Sky
Firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39763
Registration date : 2009-05-31

GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:14 pm

I think so too canear. I really think he'll get that Oscar nomination this year. As for whether he wins or not that's completely up in the air. It depends on who he might be up against if he does get the nomination.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I didn't watch, but Michael Hall won for Dexter? I am thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!! Just thrilled!!!! Love that show and he is brilliant!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:37 pm

Love this picture: Drew looks shocked. The Glee gals are two adorable and Robert is such a clown but so hot GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Icon_sunny

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/photos/golden-globe-final-2010.jpg

GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Golden-globe-final-2010

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/events2/golden-globes-011710-10.jpg

GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Golden-globes-011710-10

Okay now I saw who Neil Patrick Harris lost to. I am upset but seeing that it was to John Lithgow it is hard to argue. John is a trememdus actor he blows my mind with how he can do such totally different roles and totally pull them off to where you believe it. I hate that he is playing a murderous SOB on Dextor but from I have heard he is incredible in the role and his cast adores him.

Shannon GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 223329 GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 852399

Last edited by AngelWings on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:47 pm

John Lithgow won for his role in Dexter? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, Neil.......

John Lithgow was cast perfectly for the role.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:57 pm

Okay, I've checked the winner's list.........

Sandra Bullock wins !!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!

Best Comedy - Hangover!!!!! This is the funniest movie I've seen, it is hilarious!!!!!!!!!! Go see it!

Best Animated movie - UP --Excellent movie, really cute and of course made my Pixar so excellent!!!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Sky wrote:
Okay, I've checked the winner's list.........

Sandra Bullock wins !!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!

Best Comedy - Hangover!!!!! This is the funniest movie I've seen, it is hilarious!!!!!!!!!! Go see it!

Best Animated movie - UP --Excellent movie, really cute and of course made my Pixar so excellent!!!

Sandra was up for two awards and I wanted her to win for "The Proposal" but so happy she won for the Blindside.

So happy "UP" won for animated movie. I saw that and so loved it.

Avatar could do a killing at the Academy awards and could win best picture and director just like it did for the the GG's

This picture is so adorable of the Glee cast,(most of them, I wonder where Cory,(Finn), was. I know he was at the event cause I saw on the live feed him being spoken to after the show was over). GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Icon_sunny

GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 ?m=02&d=20100118&t=2&i=47039153&w=460&r=2010-01-18T045000Z_01_BTRE60H0DFO00_RTROPTP_0_GOLDENGLOBES-WINNERS

Shannon GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 223329 GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 852399
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 11:27 pm

I haven't seen "Blindside", but have seen "The Proposal" and loved it!!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Sky wrote:
I haven't seen "Blindside", but have seen "The Proposal" and loved it!!

I never saw The Blindside either I just heard it was a very moving movie.

Sorry for going off topic but I didn't know where else to put this.

You guys all I can say of this pic of Robert Downey Jr. Is hot damn GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Affraid It is from 2009 and I am sad I never saw this magazine out. Amazingly sexy man and he looks incredible on this cover GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 75540 GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 75540 GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 75540

GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Mens-vogue-robert-downey-jr

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39763
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:03 am

Awww, that's such a cute picture of the Glee cast with their award!!!!!!! So sweet.

Oh my RDJ Mr. Sharp Dressed Man!!!!!!! Very nice.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

Number of posts : 1200

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 5:51 am

I was very happy RDJ Won ! Of course DDL is still number one for me but he's won plenty.AND RDJ is the perfect Sherlock! I REALLY wanted Kathryn Bigelow to win for The Hurt Locker. Really. I hope she wins the SAG sat night. I've still not seen Avatar so the jury is till out for me on that.
I don't watch Glee but am happy for them. The GG's always give newbies a chance.
I wanted anna paquin to win for True Blood. How can you deny John Lithgow's brilliant creepy performance on Dexter? I don't think you can. I am very happy Micheal C. Hall won. He is GREAT!! DOuble Hurray for Jeff Bridges! LOVE!!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82413

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 6:37 am

I am thrilled for Jeff Bridges!! I adore the brothers and their father was a fave of mine my entire life!! I truly believe he will win the Oscar over RDJ. They don't divide the acting categories between comedy and drama at the Oscars so RDJ will be up against Bridges and I think the type of role - plus the overwhelming reaction from his peers last night goes very much in Jeff's favor.

John is great - but has a boatload of awards! I sure would like to see NPH get some! Just the way I feel.

GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 9:22 am

GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Mens-vogue-robert-downey-jr

*Growl* This shot really brings out that cougar in me..... GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Icon_twisted Yay for RDJ and Jeff Bridges!!!!!!*Doing happy dance*....
RDJ was the best dressed and hottest guy at that shindig last night IMO. His acceptance speech was so perfectly delightful too!

I was appalled at Drew Barrymore's goofy ass speech and Meryl 's was ho-hum too-I was disappointed she was'nt more prepared considering odds were in her favor to win. Drew acted like a halfwit caught in the headlights which was very unattractive for a 30 something young woman. She really needs to get a grip...at first I thought she was acting like the character from Gray Gardens and that it was kind of clever, but then realized she was just being herself and blubbering away...She is very talented, but came off like a ditz or like she was on something. GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Affraid

Best dressed man: 3 way tie:RDJ, Clooney, and Jeff Bridges
Best Dressed Woman: Will have to look them over again because noone really stood out to me...

Worst dressed man: Mickey Rourke
Worst dressed woman: Kate Hudson...that dress looked like someone shoved some packing material into the bust. Not good...

Looks like Avatar may break the odds and actually get more oscar nods than a blockbuster ususually does...
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 9:26 am

aerwin wrote:
I was very happy RDJ Won ! Of course DDL is still number one for me but he's won plenty.AND RDJ is the perfect Sherlock! I REALLY wanted Kathryn Bigelow to win for The Hurt Locker. Really. I hope she wins the SAG sat night. I've still not seen Avatar so the jury is till out for me on that.
I don't watch Glee but am happy for them. The GG's always give newbies a chance.
I wanted anna paquin to win for True Blood. How can you deny John Lithgow's brilliant creepy performance on Dexter? I don't think you can. I am very happy Micheal C. Hall won. He is GREAT!! DOuble Hurray for Jeff Bridges! LOVE!!

You can't deny John Lithgow's brilliant performance, and it was brilliant!
Aerwin? You watch Dexter? It's my favorite show!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 9:34 am

Dexter is one of my favorite shows along with True Blood. LOVE IT! It is brilliant! One of the best written and acted shows on tv. Michael C. Hall deserved that award. My sister and I talked about the finale for DAYS! what A shock! I never would of thought John Lithgow could be so scary creepy. But oh he was.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 9:48 am

The FINALE still is on my mind!! John Lithgow was cast perfectly! We recently watched a movie with Michael Hall in it, and it was hard to envision, because we will always see him as Dexter!
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Wow, sorry I missed John Lithgow on Dexter. I don't watch it though...just could'nt quite get into it for some reason. I love Michael C. Hall though. I was really surprized to find out last night he is battling cancer. GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Icon_eek

I also was surprized to hear Anna Pacquin is engaged to "Bill" her love interest on True Blood...For some reason, I thought he was already married. They have decent chemistry on the show for sure, and it did seem to get more and more believable as the series as gone on. GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 7:28 pm

And on Dexter, he is married in real life to the girl who plays his sister on the show! I think to get 'into' Dexter, you have to watch it from Season One, so you 'understand' Dexter.............I also read the books. I think anyone just suddenly to start watching Dexter...would not have the real meaning or understanding of exactly WHO Dexter is and why he is who he is!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:32 pm

HL - I thought Jennifer Garner was by far the most gorgeous last night!!

Tina Fey - the worst! God what a horrid dress!!!! affraid

I also thought Miss Golden Globe was gorgeous! Her folks must be so proud!

I thought Meryl's speech was a total mess! I was so uncomfortable watching it. I just would think at this point with all the awards she has won that she could give a coherent speech Shocked

Drew - was Drew. Not surprised by that one Razz Loved her dress though!

GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Sky, you are probably right about why I could'nt quite get into Dexter. People have told me a lot about the first season and given me a pretty decent tutoring on him prior to me tuning in early in the second season. But, the show just did'nt intrigue me enough or I should say it just was'nt something I really enjoyed watching, so doubt I will pursue investing more energy into going back and watching the first season at this point. The seriel killer thing just isn't something I wanted to see play itself out again week after week. I can sit through a movie about that that lasts an hour or so, but that kind of thing stays in my mind longer than I like it too sometimes.

FC: Yep, Garner looked classy and gorgeous. I thought Kate Winslet looked great too. I adored the dress she wore. It is so my taste. Glad, I was'nt the only one that was underwhelmed and a bit disgusted by Meryl's lackluster attitude. She definitely went down a few notches in my book after seeing her be so unprepared and honestly, acting like she just really did'nt give a damn, like it was some kind of entitlement or something... GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:57 am

I Love Dexter! I've read all the books too. But i do think the show is much better than the books.I thought S3 was the worst but boy last season with John Lithgow sure made up for it.

I think Stephen Moyer (Bill) is a doll. He is so much cuter off the show . I guess on the show he has white make up and stuff.
did you see that STUPID reporter from the tv guide channel ask Ryan Kwanten (Jason) who he learned to speak ENGLISH?! Dude the guy is Australian he already speaks English. Ryan said you mean southern accent?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:32 am

I thought S3 was the worst too! S4 more than made up for it!!! The books weren't as good as the series, but at least having seen Dexter on TV you could put a face to the characters.

Jason is Australian? I didn't know.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:09 am

YES! he has a good southern accent doesn't he? I think Stephen Moyer (Bill) has a good old southern accent too. and he's British!
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Aerwin wrote:
I think Stephen Moyer (Bill) is a doll. He is so much cuter off the show . I guess on the show he has white make up and stuff. GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
did you see that STUPID reporter from the tv guide channel ask Ryan Kwanten (Jason) who he learned to speak ENGLISH?! Dude the guy is Australian he already speaks English. Ryan said you mean southern accent?
Quote :
I did'nt know Stephan and Ryan were not American actos! Wow, that even impresses me more!

I think Stephen is cute on or off the show...That Anna has some good taste in men IMO!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:52 am

I know I'm southern and I'm impressed!

You know who I think looked the most beautiful ?Christina Hendricks! her dress was beautiful! Man I wish I had her figure.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:56 am

Yes, Christina is very old Hollywood looking on the red carpets! She even has the old Hollywood type of figure - before Hollywood became obsessed with twigs!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!   GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

GOLDEN GLOBES SHOW DISCUSSION/PARTY THREAD!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next