Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UK TV "stuff"

Go down 
+7
Badger
horselaydee
aerwin
teddyhugz
Sky
Firecracker
Adrift
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:29 pm

You mean I just have to mention your name and you'll appear? Cool!

I like Diana's song! Who was the other blonde that we liked, the young mother?

How the heck are you? I've missed you.
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm doing good Sky, how have you been my friend?
The other one was Stacey hehehe, who could rabble on talking at 20 to the dozen, but completely changed when she sang Laughing
I must check out what she is up to !!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Stacey!!! I really liked her. I've been good but busy. I hope work is treating you better.........
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Stacey news.....

Quote :
Stacey Solomon sets sights on record deal after West End show

Jul 4 2010 Sunday Mail
X FACTOR star Stacey Solomon has some pretty big ideas about her future - and she admits she owes it all to the hit TV show.
The chirpy motormouth has set her sights on a record deal, releasing an album, starring in a West End show and collaborating with Coldplay.
Stacey - who performs at the Sunday Mail Family Night at Hamilton Park Racecourse on Saturday, along with fellow X Factor singers Olly Murs and Danyl Johnson - just needs to land that deal to get things started.
She said: "I'm working hard to make it happen, having loads of meetings and things. It's all about getting the record deal at the moment.
"I suppose if the deal doesn't happen I could go on and make the record myself. I have no clue about any of that side and how it works. I am writing at the moment and starting to take some trips to the studio."
Stacey hopes to surprise fans with an array of styles on the album - and a big name collaboration or two.
She said: "I'm trying out different things but I really like chilled out.
"I love jazz, all sorts. There's a million things I want to do so I don't want to limit myself to one genre. I'd like the album to be a mix of jazz and chilledout indie songs.
"Collaborations with big indie bands would be wicked. I'd love to work with people like Jamie T. Coldplay would be incredible. I've always wanted to duet with them."
For now, Stacey is playing shows all over the UK and wowing fans with her powerful vocals.
She is sure to be a big hit at Hamilton Park. Last year's JLS Family Night appearance attracted 12,000 fans and venue bosses expect the same again for this X Factor return.
Jls themselves will be back on July 23 for the racecourse's first ever standalone concert.
Stacey said: "The gigging has been great. I'm really enjoying performing all over the country. I love that I get to sing to people everywhere."
While music is Stacey's priority at the moment, she hopes to try her hand at plenty of other roles in the limelight.
She said: "Music is the main thing right now but it is far from the only thing I want to do. It's not all I will do.
"I'd love to get involved in presenting and in theatre.
"It was my dream to be a performer so I would happily perform anywhere to anyone.
"West End stuff would be amazing. If you love singing and it's your passion, then of course you wnat to do theatre."
As well as X Factor star performances, Family Night includes a kids' fancy dress competition and a host of fun and games for the family.
There are also six races on the night, with gates opening at 4pm and the first race at 6pm.
Tickets are available now from £13 at www.hamilton-park.co.uk or 01698 283806.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Little vid here and lots of news. I love watching/hearing her 'ramble'!

http://www.stacey-solomon.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Even though it's sometimes a struggle to understand what she's saying, this interview (about 1:20 min. into the vid) with her is hilarious!!

Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Thanks Sky hugging - I usually watch GMTV (the clip) before going to work in the morning, & that was on after I had left.
Stacey does make me smile sunny
That clip from Loose Women is brilliant!! I love Loose Women,but only get to see it if I'm at home through the week (It's shown at 1:30pm)
Work is ummmmm.....improved slightly, still shite, but I have soooo much on them I'm feeling kinda smug at the moment.Time will tell though....
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:42 pm

UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 274522 UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 480141 You show em, Drifty!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82413

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Not a clue what Stacey was saying Shocked

I love Diana's song. I saw a really cute music video of her's.

DRIFTY!! So good of you to stop buy on our Nation's special day!! cracker

Glad work is better - sorry it's not great....Can't wait to hear what happens next!

UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39763
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:53 pm

Here's the brand new music video for last year's winner of X-Factor Joe McElderrly's first single "Ambitions" off his debut album out in October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThaHfqpyQhI

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:57 pm

He's a cutie, but sounds like every other record on the pop charts.

I've seen some of the new season starting and there's a few good ones. Where's Drifty, our correspondent?♥
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:32 pm

I've watched some of the auditions too. There's a few standouts.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:40 pm

The UK's answer to Justin Beiber - but this guy is better IMHO. I liked his song. He is adorable.

UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:52 pm

I like Joe. I remember not being too big on him at the start of the show last year, but I still liked him. He's a cutie and he's got a very nice voice. They saturated it with the studio sound in this song a bit more than I think was necessary though. I'm interested in hearing what the rest of his album sounds like. If they release it here in the US I might buy a few songs.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:56 am

I really hate that this video cuts off. It's Joe doing a cover of the Rihanna/Eminem song "Love The Way You Lie".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdLsz2fQgFY

Sky you did see who made it through to the judges houses and what category each of the judges got? I read about it and saw the videos announcing both. I admit though I don't know who most of them are because I'm not following as closely. I need to do some serious catching up!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:48 am

I like Joe and his new song is pretty cool, but what he heck is up with putting the autotune on his voice. Joe has a great voice and does not need that crap. I am seriously getting ticked at some of these people who do this. Listen to the freaking voices record makers and stop ruining them by adding autotune where it is not needed.

Check this out guys. Here is Joe and some others backstage at an event and having some fun singing Gaga and Beyonce's "Telephone" Its good. What the heck is up with the guy playing the guitars hair? Afro's are fine but something in seriously wrong with his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp01oYYrzRI

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:18 am

I've been so busy, that I NEED to catch up with this show!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:06 pm

I'm kind of annoyed with the autotune on Joe myself Angel. A little bit wouldn't be a problem but it's so extreme you can tell just by listening. I think sometimes they do it to give the song a certain kind of energy and feel. But it's really not always so necessary to do especially when the person has such a great voice already. I remember Joe having perfect pitch the entire time he was on X-Factor. I don't imagine that's changed. In any case I really like his single. It might be like any other pop song out there to some but it's quirky and fun. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of his album.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm watching the last two episodes of boot camp right now. There is really some great potential!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 3:21 am

Sky are you all caught up on the show?

I just got done watching Saturday's show where all the contestants performed at the judges houses. I honestly don't have a clue who any of them are going to pick.

In the girls category there are so many of them that are really similar. They're all good but I can't tell most of them apart. I love Katie (the blond) but she kind of lost it in her audition. Cher is extremely unique but she completely lost it too. The combination of a very bad sore throat/strained tonsils and nerves did it for her. Cheryl even offered her the option of trying again a bit later on so she could have a break and she said no. This after she had already stopped once. So taking both of those two into account I don't know now what's going to happen despite them both being heavy favorites. I really like Keri too. I hadn't given her much notice before until the little bit of her I saw tonight. She could be really become something on the show! Gamu is adorable. She just makes you want to smile. She actually kind of reminds me a little bit of Paris Bennett from Season 5 of Idol with a little flash of Fantasia but she is so much more likable. What a little cutie!

The over 28 category is an absolute mess. Did they really not have anybody at least halfway better than the eight they picked? I cringe whenever most of them are on. I just can't make it through watching them. Out of the eight that Louie has to pick from though I know there are definitely three good ones. I'm hoping Storm Lee is one of them.

The groups category is another tricky one. There are two duo acts in there who absolutely annoy me. They are entertaining for sure but I can't stand them especially Diva Fever. I pray to the high heavens neither one of them makes it. If Simon puts one of them through I think I'm going to have a stroke. I'll be utterly shocked beyond reason. The one girl group Hussle is really good but it's exactly as Simon said about them in the episode "It's one front singer and the rest are all just backup." The girl with the crazy blond hairdo is always doing the singing. I don't see any of the other girls doing much but back her up. I think the group of boys, One Direction, who got put together after being told no as solo singers could be really good. They're really cute and the girls would go crazy for them. I also like the girl group, Belle Amie, that got put together after the four girls were told no as solo singers. They just need more practice and more interaction with each other. There's also another group of guys, FYD, that were pretty fantastic during their last audition. Simon did not like them in the very beginning of the competition but he very well could have changed his mind since they had the strongest performance.

The boys oh the boys. I'm not sure. I kind of like all of them for different reasons. Some more than others of course. I don't see any of them as a real standout though. Nicolo and Aiden are similar for me. I don't think I'd put them both through. It's either one of the other. Nicolo comes off very into himself and it's a major turn off. I think Tom is really cute. The show what do him extremely well.

I really think they messed up by lifting the age limit. They put a lot of talented people in the boys and girls categories that should be in the over 25 category. I understand why they did it, but it's going to cost some of them I fear. Oh well. Tomorrow night we find out who makes it into the top 12. It's going to be interesting.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:01 am

I do not watch this at all - but I have been reading about the two that keep having meltdowns. I say best cut them loose because they will never be able to stand the heat of the live competition.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:27 am

Teddy, I have seen Cher's. I keep forgetting to watch these. My heart just broke for her when she tried to get through that song.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Yes it was really difficult watching her struggle through it. She was in so much pain and the frustration of it wore on her terribly. She's so uniquely talented. I truly think she has something. But she is only 16 right now too. She has time. She can try again. The top 12 reveal show just ended an hour ago. I haven't been able to find out anything about it yet other than to read there's some huge twist. I can't wait to watch the whole show later on when the episode gets posted.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 3:26 pm

It was very hard watching Brooke White start to unravel on Idol. I can easily see that happening to Cher and it would be worse to watch because she is just a kid. I don't know whether to hope she makes Top 12 or not for her sake.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

UK TV "stuff"
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next