Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UK TV "stuff"

Go down 
+7
Badger
horselaydee
aerwin
teddyhugz
Sky
Firecracker
Adrift
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Adrift

Adrift

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2008-09-27

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:50 pm

Well, we are still in the audition process on TV of the Xfactor this year & no idea if any of these have been posted anywhere else...but here I go!

I won't mention Danyl or Stacey, I know we discussed these.

Few I have liked though..

Jamie Archer (why am I thinking of the Hair Bear Bunch?)

Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:51 pm

...Olly Murs

Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:01 pm

...I have to show little Demi...who didn't get through.I'm sure nerves didn't help, but she was a little sweetheart :D

Oh & Cheryl Cole is a sweetie too - A judge with a heart

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82373
Registration date : 2008-08-09

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Cool! Thanks for the thread!

I have no time tonight to watch - but I plan to check them out tomorrow!

Glad to see you back Drifty! :hug: You been too busy lately to hang with your Yank friends?? shamonyou

UK TV "stuff" 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:09 pm

hug4 never ever too busy to hang out with my friends across the pond circle

Just get "forum block" every now & again...you know writer's block...but in a forum way lol!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Yes, geniuses are like that!! :D

Notice I am never at a loss for words geek

UK TV "stuff" 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:30 pm

Adrift wrote:
Well, we are still in the audition process on TV of the Xfactor this year & no idea if any of these have been posted anywhere else...but here I go!

I won't mention Danyl or Stacey, I know we discussed these.

Few I have liked though..

Jamie Archer (why am I thinking of the Hair Bear Bunch?)

Okay, I only had time to listen to this one, I'll get the rest later..............I LOVE JAMIE ARCHER!!!!!!!! Please bring links for all his performances here! UK TV "stuff" 238989
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Yes, geniuses are like that!! :D

Notice I am never at a loss for words geek
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...how can I be diplomatic........................? Wink

Sky...certainly will keep you up to date - he's worth more than being a "pub singer"!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39749
Registration date : 2009-05-31

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:54 pm

I found the last episode where the auditions went to Scotland and London online the other night and decided to watch. I really enjoyed quite a few of them that made it through. I'm going to try and keep up with the show if the site I found it on continues to put them up.
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:21 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
I found the last episode where the auditions went to Scotland and London online the other night and decided to watch. I really enjoyed quite a few of them that made it through. I'm going to try and keep up with the show if the site I found it on continues to put them up.

AH you would have seen Rikki Loney..the young lad that didn't make it through to the live shows last year (his mum was in the audience...but he hadn't told her he was auditioning again)
Hope you manage to keep up with it Teddy :D
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:45 pm

A short "reality" show I have really been hooked on is called "The Choir -Unsung Town" (4 episodes & I watched episode 3 tonight)
The write up for the first episode was
South Oxhey in Hertfordshire got off to a tricky start. An estate the size of a town, it was built all of a piece just after the war to house Londoners displaced by bombs, but the newcomers were greeted with a certain amount of hostility from the surrounding villages. Plans for a "cockney utopia" never quite came off. These days an air of despondency hangs over the estate, and the shopping precinct is awful.
Not to worry. Here comes an unlikely saviour in the person of choirmaster Gareth Malone. I shouldn't really say unlikely, because Malone has two series of The Choir behind him, in which he convinced state-school kids to sing, even the boys. If he couldn't get South Oxhey singing, then The Choir: Unsung Town (BBC2) wouldn't have filled its first hour.
We are immediately reminded, however, how unlikely a saviour Malone looks. He's small, slight, prissy and never knowingly underdressed. He certainly stands out in the boxing club, where he has gone to enlist the help of Matty, a professional boxer and the closest thing South Oxhey has to a PR spokesman. "It's a lovely place," he says. "We got the disused golf course . . . " (If the nicest amenity you can name has the word "disused" in its title, you're in trouble.) Matty says he wouldn't move away, "even if I had my six numbers come up". All the same, he doesn't fancy Malone's chances of launching a community choir. "What you gotta remember is, no one round here does any singing."
Few mission-style programmes pin quite so much hope on the public's co-operation. If you attempted to improve school dinners you might well fail, but at least there's some footage of you trying. The struggle is the show. With community singing, there is the plain and simple danger that people just won't turn up, even for TV. And South Oxhey does not appear to be falling over itself to join the choir.
People in the windswept shopping precinct actually run from Malone and his leaflets. "There's suspicion," he says. "I'm a bit posh. I mean, let's face it – I'm a bit middle class." He's also a bit pissed, after an evening trying to rope in recruits at the pub's karaoke night. His duet with Matty (Don't Go Breakin' My Heart) may have been counterproductive. He reckons he'll be disappointed if only 20 people are interested, and he's willing to bet a fiver it'll be under a hundred. He needn't have worried: more than 200 South Oxheyans turn up at the primary school, instantly making the community choir one of the biggest in Britain.
Among them, of course, are some characters worth zooming in on. Dee is black, sings in a gospel choir and has found South Oxhey to be deeply unwelcoming. Fred is a retired engineering manager whose wife died four weeks previously; his voice wobbles with grief whenever he speaks. Matty, for his part, seems to be moving to the sidelines; he's stopped coming to rehearsals because he thinks the choir is "unrepresentative" of South Oxhey.
The real star, of course, is Malone, who remains one of the most strangely beguiling presences television has ever uncovered: impish but laconic, funny and yet still resolute, reserved but shameless, camp but dignified – and clearly a bloody good choirmaster. The choir loves him, kids love him, old women love him, young women love him, Matty loves him, and I am going to be him for Halloween.
Tim Dowling - The Guardian Newspaper.

The choir has "formed"...& tonight's performance..I really wish I could show you (will post as soon as available)..this was from last week though.It's amazing how music CAN pull a community together

:D

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:02 pm

Yes Rikki was such a doll!!! That was quite the moment.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:35 am

Just caught up with the last two episodes from this past weekend. Some other really good picks, but the one that stood out most in my mind is Scott. He brought me to tears. What a beautiful and brave soul. Such an inspiring story.

Adrift who is the blond guy they keep showing in the previews? I want to know what he sounded like.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:38 am

Here's the video for Scott.

Get your tissues ready.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:30 am

Fantastic!!!
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Hey Teddy :D

Is this the blonde lad you mean?
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:30 pm

I mention the show "The Choir-Unsung Town" a supposedly "grotty" housing estate brought together by choirmaster Gareth Mallone to form a (very very initially reluctant) community choir.Tonight was the final episode with the estate arranging for a musical festival on the local playing field which was a massive success :D

For me...the best performance they did was last week.
The incredibly moving & amazing Barber's Adagio for Strings (Agnus Dei).The choir was a cross section of the estate, elderly.. to kids from the local school & they all had to learn latin too.What amazing proof that community spirit can be revived grouphug

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Yes that's him alright!!!

Awww, he's such cutie. What a doll! He did look very nervous, but I'm glad he got another chance from Cheryl. I hope he gets those nerves worked out otherwise he won't be around for too long. That can't happen because I wanna see more of that sweet face!
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:07 pm

Cheryl Cole is lovely :D She can empathise with the contestants because she was one herself a few years ago.She isn't a nicey nicey judge either, does say what she thinks.Hmmmmm...can't say I'm that keen on Danni!.Louis can be like a little kid at times with his supposed insults, but my hat goes off to Simon...he cracks me up at times! One contestent..after being asked "Tell us something interesting about yourself"...announced that his brother had shot him once...but it WAS accidental.After a truly horrible audition, Simon asked if he had been singing that song just before his brother shot him lol!

One I did like...& he's from over the pond (do you know him??? LMAO)

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:27 pm

HA!! Simon is TOO funny!

I don't know much about Cheryl Cole - other than she is drop dead gorgeous with a killer bod!

(bitch Evil or Very Mad )

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Adrift wrote:
I mention the show "The Choir-Unsung Town" a supposedly "grotty" housing estate brought together by choirmaster Gareth Mallone to form a (very very initially reluctant) community choir.Tonight was the final episode with the estate arranging for a musical festival on the local playing field which was a massive success UK TV "stuff" Icon_biggrin

For me...the best performance they did was last week.
The incredibly moving & amazing Barber's Adagio for Strings (Agnus Dei).The choir was a cross section of the estate, elderly.. to kids from the local school & they all had to learn latin too.What amazing proof that community spirit can be revived UK TV "stuff" 660902

We can't open these, in our 'country'............... UK TV "stuff" Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:29 pm

I think I still like Jamie Archer the best so far of what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Cheryl was in the series " Pop Idol- The Rivals".. a reality show that "found" a group of girl singers & boy singers, each having to fight for a place in the final groups.The band formed "Girls Aloud" have been one of the most successful UK girl groups & the only group from the 2 series that are still releasing songs. It was the intial series that spawned Pop Idol (which then spawned American Idol Wink ) ...errr I think!!!

Cheryl & Girl Aloud in action....
The Promise ....Trust me...you hear this a few times....lol & you can't get it out of your head!!!..reminds me of 70s type songs for some reason :D

Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Quote :
"Sky

Oh Bugger Crying or Very sad I'll have to hope someone posts it on You Tube away from the "BBC" *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Adrift wrote:
Quote :
"Sky

Oh Bugger UK TV "stuff" Icon_cry I'll have to hope someone posts it on You Tube away from the "BBC" *sigh*

It's only been the choir ones I couldn't open.............

Cheryl can sing! I was meaning to google Girls Aloud, but haven't had the chance, so thank you. There is a guy on another board that is all 'hot' for her! I'll have to take this one over for him! Too bad she's kind of hidden behind the mic though. It is a catchy tune!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UK TV "stuff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" Empty

Back to top Go down

UK TV "stuff"
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next