Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interesting News Items

Go down 
+17
stanley2
foreveryoung
Spirit
claytoncavaliers
AngelWings
canear
teddyhugz
Adrift
RoseCandle
janice
Badger
horselaydee
Admin
Forest Hills
Sky
aerwin
Firecracker
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42126
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Interesting News Items - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 7:40 pm

I saw the Toronto ones on the news. Very cool!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39745
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Oh good I'm so glad you saw it on the news canear!!
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

Number of posts : 21954
Registration date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 6:26 pm

Received this email from my alma mater.

The message below was sent by Chancellor Kumble R. Subbaswamy to the UMass Amherst campus community following the disturbance that occurred this past weekend involving some of our students. We are sending you this message in an effort to keep our alumni community informed as well.

I was outraged to see the impact of the so-called Blarney Blowout on our campus and community this weekend. Despite our best efforts over the past week to inform our students of the consequences of unruly alcohol-fueled behavior, by midday yesterday there had already been dozens of arrests and numerous large gatherings broken up. It was a sad and difficult day for our campus and for the town of Amherst.

I want to make it unequivocally clear that the University of Massachusetts Amherst condemns the outrageous behavior of those students who acted out without any regard for public safety and the community in which they live. They have brought shame on our fine university and run the risk of devaluing the college degree that all of our students work so hard to achieve.

We acknowledge the strain that this weekend’s disturbances place on the town, and first responders in particular. We are also deeply disturbed that our neighbors in the vicinity of these events were forced to endure such scenes. There is no excuse for this type of alcohol-fueled behavior, and I want to assure both the town and the campus that we will take steps to address this incident.

My administration will redouble its efforts to work with the campus community and the town to avert future episodes like the one we just witnessed. We will also take swift action to address any violations of the Code of Student Conduct, whether on or off campus, resulting from this weekend’s disturbances. There will be consequences for those found to be responsible.

No doubt there are difficult conversations that lie ahead concerning student behavior, alcohol and civility, but I have no doubt that, working together, we can build the kind of community in which we all want to live.

Kumble R. Subbaswamy
Chancellor

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-arrest-seventy-three-amid-university-of-massachusetts-blarney-blowout-festivities/

Yikes nothing like that ever happened when I was at U-Mass  affraid 
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82363
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 6:55 am

That is a terrible incident Hathor!

Well, this report just disgusts me!!  Well, this administration just disgusts me but what else is new! So much for protecting LEGAL Americans!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/30/REPORT-Obama-Admin-Released-Tens-Of-Thousands-Of-Illegal-Immigrant-Criminals

Interesting News Items - Page 14 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

Number of posts : 13421
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm

I sort of figured they would because there was one under the US/Canada border discovered  few years ago. More for drug traffic to go between countries without being seen.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/21/border.tunnel/index.html?_s=PM:US
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 5:43 pm

What I want to know though is how these tunnels are being made? Exactly how is this happening?? It's scary as heck!
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

Number of posts : 13421
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Probably like the tunnel rats built them at POW camps in WWII and Vietnam. Hard work and moving a lot of dirt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting News Items
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14