Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interesting News Items

Go down 
+17
stanley2
foreveryoung
Spirit
claytoncavaliers
AngelWings
canear
teddyhugz
Adrift
RoseCandle
janice
Badger
horselaydee
Admin
Forest Hills
Sky
aerwin
Firecracker
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82361
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Interesting News Items Empty
PostSubject: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 9:36 am

I just find this so amazing!

Quote :
Minn. baby born 8/8/08 at 8:08; 8 pounds, 8 ounces
16 hours ago
Loading... 369 Recommendations

FERGUS FALLS, Minn. — Hailey Jo Hauer was born on the eighth day of the eighth month in 2008 at 8:08 a.m. So it wouldn't make sense for her to weigh anything other than 8 pounds, 8 ounces.

Lindsey Hauer thought staff at Lake Region Hospital in Minnesota were joking when they told her the time of her daughter's birth. Then she got a call from the birthing suite noting Hailey's weight.

Nurse Jenny Harstad joked that she tried to shrink the baby to 18 inches from her actual 19.5 inches.

Several hospital staff members pledged to buy lottery tickets.

___

Interesting News Items 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

Number of posts : 1200

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 5:44 am

Well I was very surprised Mccain picked Sarah Palin. It was a very bold move. I have the same exact birthday as her even down to the year. I can assure you that's all we have in common. Because our views are vastly different.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 7:01 am

A bold and smart move I think! I haven't read everything about her yet, but I did watch some stories about her on CNN. I know I am not in agreement with her on a few issues. But I still think it's an exciting election!

Interesting News Items 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:52 am

She is way too right wing for me . But kudos to her. She started out as mayor of a small town and skyrocketed from there. I am sure that will bring McCain more right wing conservatives as many think he is a maverick. Even though I agree with her on basically nothing , she impresses me. Being shallow and all she has a very attractive family.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 9:16 am

Yes she does have an attractive family. She is very pretty too. I hope to read more about her today.

I just hope whoever wins can do a damn fine job! We need to turn some things around.

Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 9:50 am

Do y'all believe that Hurricane Gustave is headed towards New Orleans? JUst three years afer Katrina , they have not even begun to finish re buliding. It makes me sad New Orleans is such a beautiful place.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:15 am

I'm really hoping the rating drops so that when it does hit it won't be so fierce.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:38 am

Oh, I just mentioned this in another thread. Yes, I am praying hard that some how this horrible storm eases up. Maybe some how it will just turn around and go away from the US. I don't know if that is even possible, but if anybody deserves a miracle it's the folks in New Orleans!

I just read that Bush and Cheney won't be going to the convention because of it. I think they should just postpone the convention if that is at all possible.

Back to top Go down
Forest Hills

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 8:48 am

I was just watching the hurricane on TV. Maybe it's not as bad as they thought it would be, hopefully?

FC you are not going to like my views about McCain's VP pick. I think it is pretty awful. She is not qualified at all (IMO) to be president. And isn't that the main qualification that you want in a VP? Someone who can run the country and has some idea of foreign policy is always who you want to lead the most powerful place on the planet!

I DO admire some of what she did: standing up to members of her own party who she felt weren't ethical and also declining the "bridge to nowhere."

HOWEVER, I could never ever back someone who is against abortion in cases of rape and incest; someone who strongly feels that creationism should be taught on par with evolution in the public schools AND who lied about giving birth to a child! It's been pretty well proven that her latest "child" is actually her grandchild!

I think McCain is out of his mind for picking her. If he "needed" a woman on the ticket, why not Kay Bailey Hutchinson (senator from Texas). I don't agree with most of her positions either, but at least she's qualified.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 8:57 am

No problem FH.

That said - this is not a political debate board. It's a mellow, laid back, friendly board. We do not intend to ever get into politics here. The info that McCain picked a female VP was newsworthy therefore Aerwin brought the info into this thread simply as "interesting news". But that's as far as it goes. Thanks.

Forest Hills

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 9:38 am

I'm sorry I didn't realize that. I guess I can't talk on that subject then because I can't be laid back!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 9:44 am

Yes, Politics is not a "laid back" subject Laughing It can get very heated and if I am going to get heated I want it to be over some hawt guy! Razz

aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 12:28 pm

Admin wrote:
No problem FH.

That said - this is not a political debate board. It's a mellow, laid back, friendly board. We do not intend to ever get into politics here. The info that McCain picked a female VP was newsworthy therefore Aerwin brought the info into this thread simply as "interesting news". But that's as far as it goes. Thanks.
well I debate with my brother every day and have other places to talk about politics if you want no discussion here. But that was a horrible rumour about Sara Palin's baby. And I am with Barack that the kids should totally be left out of this campaign. It should have nothing to do with them. I don't agree with Ms Palin on anything but I feel her kids should be left out of it. After all they are not running.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 12:43 pm

Yes, horrible rumors and accusations :x And the kids should never ever enter into it! I used to hate the late night mean spirited jokes about Chelsea Clinton. Good grief she was what - about 14? And had endure that ridicule? Terrible. I lost all respect for the late night comedy show hosts when that picked on that poor kid. No kid should ever have to go through that.

Yes, we all have other places for debates. The problem with politics on a small internet board is things can be sad that hurts and offends and then things are never the same. They can't be unsaid. On a message board community all we have that connects are our words.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 7:20 am

Moving Aerwin's comments about Sarah's speech here:

Aerwin said:

Quote :
Yeah I watched it . she gave no specifics on what she will do. None about the economy , none about education, nothing about energy.
All about ethics. Ethics does not help the economy. Listen I am sick and tired of the same old song and dance. All the republicans can say is the democrats are going to raise taxes and try to scare us about national security. The fact is this wat has cost is billions that we have borrowed from China to pay for. Fact : In 2001 medical costs drove an estimated two million Americans in bankruptcy , even though 75% of those had medical insurance. How is that even fair? obama intends to regulate the insurance companies more . this NEEDS to be done. And yes it has to be paid for by people that makes more than 250,000 a year.
McCain ? palin intend to keep No Child left Behind. One of my best friends is a teacher and I have spoken to MANY of my son's teachers , they hate it. This porogram is to the deterement of our children. The teachers have to teach to the test and cannot be creative and properly prepare them for college. Then te schools that score low are punished.Explain how that helps anything.we should support schools that need or help so that all children have a equal chance. You brought this up , so sorry I had to respond. When Forest Hills brought up the issue the other day it was quashed. I am NOT for bashing any candidate personally I prefer to stuck to the issues. I want a better American for my son and grandkids . There is NO way this country is in better shape than it was 8 years ago, I am no Clinton fan but this much is true.

Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 7:43 am

Also not to mention she dissed community leaders. Community leaders are the one that get things done in this country , civil rights for example . People that are in crisis right now due to the al time high of foreclosures are being helped by community leaders. I did NOT say I hated her speech, it just addressed no issues. let me also add that while we could not be more polar opposites , I do admire the fact she got where she is today. I give her that . The fact that she is the mother of 5 kids earns her respect. I also do happen to like Cindy Mccain a lot and respect the fact that she does tons of philantrophic work. I respect Mccain also and do not believe in bashing the amount of time he spent serving our country. Just because I do not agree with them on issues does not mean I dislike them.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 9:47 pm

The election is almost over. Can you believe it?

I am concerned no matter who wins there will be violence and acts of hatred by people whose choice did'nt win.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 9:58 pm

I am scared about the state of the nation and I don't think either of them are going to get things right any time soon No

I must say I will be thrilled to be done with political ads, political calls, political flyers, lawn sign etc. Rolling Eyes

Eric was able to "early vote" yesterday at his college! His first time! He was very excited! I "early voted" two weeks ago at the local Jewel/Osco. It was great - no long lines like where we usually vote! Rob - Mr. Conservative - will not vote until election day! He says it is just not right!! Razz

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 10:23 pm

I want this all over with, but I worry too, no matter who gets elected.

Interesting News Items BChalloween11008
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 7:51 am

I agree with Rob, no early voting! I want to go with my son and vote on the day because he is so excited about his first election. I have mixed feelings about it being over. I volunteered and have had a great time and met all kinds of great people. I am excited to be involved again. I don't think there will be any violence. And I do feel positive , I think things will be better. Most people I have been able to talk with are very excited and optimistic that things will turn around. I have to believe that.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 8:44 am

Early voting was quick and easy!! Last time Rob and I went to vote together in the evening after he got home - we waited outside in the cold and wind over an hour due to the long lines. Never again! Not my thing. As long as I vote is all that matters. I got to do it on a gorgeous sunny afternoon with no lines. Works for me! :D

Eric got to vote at his college with his friends. No long lines. He was very excited and came home to tell me all about it. On Tuesdays he has classes until 3:00 and works from 4:30 until 9:30. So it worked out perfect for him. No rushing, no worrying about being late for work or class. I think it is an awesome idea! It gives more people more opportunities to get the vote out.

Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 8:54 am

Oh no it is great idea. Did you see that piece on CNN about voting in Vegas? they have voting machines everywhere , the mall, grocery store. Wouldn't that be great? unfortunately in Atlanta some of the early voting lines have been as long as 8 hours!!! Here in my very small town it has been 4 hours. I'm prepared to stand in line for a while Tue.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 9:54 am

OMG! You are kidding! 8 hours in line???? affraid I couldn't wait that long for Clay, DC, JD and Jesus together!! Razz

Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:43 am

OKAY! I am dying to know what everyone thinks about that woman that just had octupulets!!?? I think she is CRAZY . I mean for God's sake she alreasy had six. I think the Doctor's that gave her IVF should be fully investigated. I know how much ONE kid cost much less 14. It think it is sickening.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:08 am

I think she is crazy AND looking for fame! She wants a show on parenting!! What does she know about parenting?? She hasn't begun to know how to deal with raising 14 VERY small children!!

I watched Dr. Nancy Schneiderman talk about all of the problems (physical and mental - and there WILL be problems) those octuplets will have and she said "it is going to cost tax payers millions over the years to come to care for those problems. Also to educate them. Who can afford college for 14 kids? Well, the Jolie-Pitts maybe!

The woman and the doctor have problems! When she came to that doc for fertility help when she already had SIX very young children he should have shown her the door and the directions to counseling.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News Items   Interesting News Items Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting News Items
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next