Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Made You Smile Today ?

Go down 
+11
teddyhugz
wm7ca
Fang
Lau
horselaydee
janice
Adrift
aerwin
Firecracker
Sky
RoseCandle
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:54 pm

I finally got to the Chiropractor today. What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 Icon_biggrin The boys stayed home, so I got the day off. I have had headaches now for over a week.....nothing horrendous except for a couple of days. I feel so much better right now. I even talked hubby into making an appt. He never has headaches but has been the past week too.......hmmmmm.......I think we need to back away from the computers all the time..... Try putting two 'crotchity people' with headaches together! What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 Kopfschuettel

Hey, we're smiling now.............
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:45 pm

Yay for no more headaches! Hope it stays that way!

Not a fan of chiropractors, but hey, sometimes placebo in whatever form it comes in is therapeutic.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82371

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:11 pm

I have a neighbor who swears by them!! Says they have done wonders for her and her headaches. I have never been to one - never had a reason to feel the need to go - so I can't say one way or the other how good they are.

What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:23 pm

horselaydee wrote:
Yay for no more headaches! Hope it stays that way!

Not a fan of chiropractors, but hey, sometimes placebo in whatever form it comes in is therapeutic.

It will for a while............when they start coming back, it's time for another adjustment. I never believed in them either, until I put my lower back out. I went to the doctor/hosptal. They gave me muscle relaxers and pain pills. The muscle relaxers did nothing. The second time I hurt my lower back, I could not even straighten up nor lift my leg to get in the car. A friend referred us to her Chiropractor. Needless to say, I was nervous and skeptical. Wow, was I surprised. I'd always had periodic headaches and I found not only my lower back got better, but so did the headaches. My headaches stem from my neck/shoulders and radiate up my head to where it feels like my head is in a vice grip. Granted there are some Chiropractors that aren't so good, but we were lucky and found a great one.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39748
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:07 am

I just watched the video you posted on previous page Sky and I am so blown away. What an intelligent young girl and what a moving and thought provoking speech. For her to come out and give a speech like at only 12/13 years old is outstanding. It's mind boggling. Incredible. I hope those who heard her truly "heard" her message and took it to heart.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

Number of posts : 1200

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:29 am

Sky Did you say you have TMJ? Did you know you can have severe headaches from that? It can even affect your shoulders . Do you wear a guard?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:54 am

Yes, I do and yes I wear a guard and wear it religiously. My headaches are tension headaches and from my neck/shoulders. If I keep my head turned in one direction for a period of time, like looking at someone to my side, and I don't counteract that position, I will get a headache. Just sleeping without a neck support pillow as well. Or just bad posture.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:55 am

teddyhugz wrote:
I just watched the video you posted on previous page Sky and I am so blown away. What an intelligent young girl and what a moving and thought provoking speech. For her to come out and give a speech like at only 12/13 years old is outstanding. It's mind boggling. Incredible. I hope those who heard her truly "heard" her message and took it to heart.

She was incredible, wasn't she? I hope they truly listened, it did appear that those listening were in awe.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:05 am

Sky, do you have the neck, shoulder problems from a past injury?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:52 pm

I don't think so, because I had headaches before I had the car accident. I always thought that whiplash was a joke or fake too, until it happened to me. I'm sure some people do still fake it or joke about it, but it isn't pleasant. I don't always sit with the correct posture that I should and being at the computer doesn't help! I think the accident may have aggravated everything.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 8:44 am

Sky, I vaguely remembered you had been in a car accident. Like you, my posture isn't the greatest either. My neck and shoulders get stiff, but luckily I don't get many headaches.
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:49 pm

I've been reading about your chiropractor with interest Sky.I've never been to one, nor have I had a "proper" massage (or an improper one...I might add! Wink )
I do know that my Mum suffered for months with a frozen shoulder about 8 years ago, & only finally had relief after visiting one a few times.

Well my smile is a bit late (it was wednesday!)
A few months ago Mum ordered a bedside table/cabinet from a catalogue thingy & while ordering on the phone made sure that it was fully assembled on delivery - & NOT a flat pack.They insisted it was assembled.
It arrived - in a flat pack!Rolling Eyes
She phoned them again - said she didn't want it & they said they would refund her money & collect it.Weeks went by & it wasn't collected - so I told her that if she wanted me to - I would put it together for her. Hmmm - I'm very good at assembling flatpack stuff, I've done all my own with a few swear words, but done it! I hadn't thought about the problem I now have with my thumbs (no grip & painful) so when I suggested that maybe she should return it because I would struggle to use a screwdriver, she decided that she would be able to do that part.....

ahh (she has been involved in "helping" me before...& pinches the instructions from under my nose while I have my hands full at a REALLY crucial point!)

I explained I would be pretty tied up until this weekend, but would pop round & do it then - couldn't do it last weekend coz of my cold (no not because it was "man flu", but it's a done thing -you have a cold- avoid Mum)

Sooooooo...for the smile thing! I called around on Wednesday from work & she dragged me through to her 2nd bedroom with a really smug look on her face.Woooohoooooooooooo my Mum...at the age of 80, with COPD,asthma, emphycema, rheumatism & arthritis had put it all together on her own!!!

thewave

I am SOOOOOOOOO proud of her!! She coped with the physical problems to do it........& proved that she is "all there" mentally, to follow the instructions! :D

Actually - I had to spoil it (my sister & I have Power of Attorney) - I told her that if she could follow the instructions like that - she had obviously completely lost her mind & needed to be locked away! lol! (she did laugh btw!!)

Anyway...YAYYYYYYYY Mum!!! :D
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39748
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Awww, Adrift what a great story!!! Way to go Mum!
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:14 pm

hugging Thanks Teddy - I'm enormously proud of her throwconfetti
(methinks it really is roles reversed - she was enormously proud of me <mumble> years ago when I won the sports cup at school Wink )
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Adrift, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I bet she was brimming with pride in herself!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:47 pm

YAY FOR MAMA DRIFTY!!! throwconfetti

Well, I guess across the pond it would be Mum Drifty!!

What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:54 pm

hugging Thanks Sky :D Yes she was - she's always been very indepentant, but because of her health problems, gets frustrated that many simple tasks really can be a challenge.
She took her time (no doubt swore as much as I do at times Wink ) but did it biggrin

Hehehe FC - you can call her Mama Drifty - after all she is your adopted nephew's (Fang).. adopted grandmother ..errrrrrrrr or something like that! :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 5:14 pm

That's right! If Fang is my adopted nephew, you would be my adopted sister making your Mum my adopted Mama!!! bounce

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Too funny not to share..................I know, some of you are young, but not all of us.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=7lSliucgygc
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 3:58 pm

lol! Too cute (and true Evil or Very Mad )

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:21 pm

Sky wrote:
Too funny not to share..................I know, some of you are young, but not all of us.......

What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 877183 What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 877183 What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 877183 What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 877183 What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 877183

Shannon What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 223329 What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 852399
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:27 pm

I had this posted in the wrong thread and the link didn't work........I found a link, but enlarge the pics to see them in their full beauty!

http://www.slideshare.net/PowerLegacy.Com/tombe-la-neige-adamo-2772153
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 5:22 pm

OMG! There are just no words!! Those are truly some of the very most gorgeous pix I have ever seen!!!

Thanks!!

Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:00 pm

Sky wrote:

Dammit I missed this post at the time! Brilliant! I loved the pics on the latest link too Sky especially 27,50 & 53....the moon ones :D !
At the moment I'm kinda suffering from a bad lower back & hobbling about like an idiot - no idea what it is, but I saw myself in the mirror doing this (the Julie Walters character!!!) Btw I posted this on facebook too hehe!
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:02 pm

On the age thing....
I dunno if you have heard of Catherine Tate - a comedy actress in the UK..but I sooooooooooo wanna be like her when I'm her age hehehe (sorry for the bad language) Catherine is actually only 41...but is so funny!!!!

If you get the chance to check out any other Gran ones on Youtube...thay are laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Made You Smile Today ?
Page 13 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next