Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Made You Smile Today ?

Go down 
+11
teddyhugz
wm7ca
Fang
Lau
horselaydee
janice
Adrift
aerwin
Firecracker
Sky
RoseCandle
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
RoseCandle

RoseCandle

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-02

What Made You Smile Today ? Empty
PostSubject: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 7:43 am

I thought it might be nice to have
somewhere to share those nice little
things that make us smile. cheers

Perhaps someone surprised you with
something they said or did. Or maybe
you saw something that made you smile
while you were out somewhere.

Whatever brings a little sunshine into your
daily life - share it with everyone here. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 7:58 am

Where it's not a nice thing that made me smile yesterday, it did make me smile. I saw a couple of young adults/maybe late teens, park their car around our corner and then walked back and down the street around the corner. It just seemed odd...why would they park that far away from where they were going? So, we called the police after getting the license # and make of car. Just by the license#, they police knew it was a known burglar. I haven't heard whether anyone was burglared and the two had come back to their car by the time the police were driving through the neighborhood. At least if they did burglar, they have been witnessed in the area. It did make me smile though!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82363

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 8:04 am

Cool Sky! You did a good deed! You should smile.

It sounds crazy, but I smile every morning when I see my son Eric's bedroom door closed. He stays out late after work. Hubby and I are almost always asleep when he gets in. I do hate going to bed before he is home. When I get up and see his bedroom door closed I know he got home safely! It's funny how I hurry out of bed into the hallway just to look at a closed door Laughing

My daycare kids always make me smile when they get dropped off! Such cute things they say. Like this morning - little Skylar is two. Her brother is 5. He brings a backpack for school and I put him and Katie on the bus at noon. So this morning little Skylar comes in with a little Hello Kitty backpack on. She looks up at me and proudly yells "Miss Debbie! See my "ackack"! So stinking funny!

What Made You Smile Today ? 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 8:35 am

I smile every morning when the two GS arrive. I love seeing their little faces!

FC...........I felt the same about seeing my son's doors closed in the morning!
Back to top Go down
RoseCandle

RoseCandle

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 11:27 am

Well I don't have family - but I do
have my precious bun, she always
makes me smile and often I laugh
out loud at her antics. She's my little
ray of sunny.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 11:32 am

Oh, I bet that bunny makes you laugh! What is her name? Pets are family!

What Made You Smile Today ? 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 11:33 am

Pets are indeed family..................tell us more about your bun!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

Number of posts : 1200

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:01 am

My brother just got back from England and he brought me a wall hanging with all the royal lineage on it! Also A beautiful book about The Tudors and a biography of Cherie Blair. I am very happy today! Did I mention before I am total anglophile?!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:23 am

Oh that all sound awesome Aerwin! Especially the wall hanging! You should take a picture of it for us!

Sounds like you have a super sweet brother! Would this be the brother you "discuss" politics with? :D

Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:58 am

Yes my brother is very sweet and he is the one I debate politics with. Two weeks ago he had minor surgery and I had no one to debate with for a couple of days. So I was very glad when he was all better. He is also hysterical.
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 1:46 pm

Hope your brother had a good time over here aerwin- was he on holiday?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

aerwin

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 2:52 pm

No holiday , work. He has to go to London quite often. Oh he LOVES it there. Loves the people as do I. Unfortunately I've only been to Great Britian once . My dream is to go again. Hopefully one day.
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 2:58 pm

Well us Brits can be nice sometimes !! 8) Laughing
I took a trip up to London a couple of months ago (I live about 50 miles north but rarely go there) & did the whole tour bus thing.It was great!! Sometimes you forget the things that are right under your nose!
Just a shame about the weather (or should I say rain!) *sigh*
Hope you get to come over here again :D
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:01 pm

Well being an animal lover, I hate to see animals in captivity,(hoping this doesn't make me look like a hypocrite) however this video makes me smile everytime I see it.The connection between the trainers & the Orcas seem so special - especially at about 3:00 - 3:05 - just gives me goosebumps :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-dfK4mwT3Y

(one of my favourite songs too)
Back to top Go down
janice

Number of posts : 299

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:39 pm

I'm at work right now and youtube is blocked for us Evil or Very Mad, but I love watching orcas. They come into this area and we can see them swimming and breaching at times. It's amazing how intelligent they are.
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:52 pm

janice wrote:
I'm at work right now and youtube is blocked for us Evil or Very Mad, but I love watching orcas. They come into this area and we can see them swimming and breaching at times. It's amazing how intelligent they are.
Awwwwwwww...I have the same problem at work too - youtube being blocked etc.
Hope you get to see the vid soon :)
It must be wonderful to see the Orcas like that!
We seem to get an increasing problem here in the UK of whales & dolphins either beaching themselves - or swimming too far up a river .I don't know if you saw the bottleneck whale in Jan 2006 which swam up the Thames in London & despite the efforts of many, didn't survive.I followed the story all day on the news channel (even missing my usual Saturday night TV stuff) & to be honest, it's the first & only news item that had me in tears with the outcome.
Aghhh anyway - this is supposed to be a smiley thread!

Hope you're having a good day at work!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Very nice video Adrift! Thanks! Where I live I see lots of cows, horses, chickens, bunnies, some deer and coyotes! The closest we get to sea creatures is turtles and frogs Razz And trust me - I get very excited about the frogs!!

Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:41 pm

Hehehe well frogs can be cute!! (err...I suppose Wink )
I used to live in a tiny village in the country as a child (& into adulthood too) & loved it.I now live in a town where houses are "packed" into as much space as possible & soooooo miss village life & the wildlife about *sigh*
Can't say we get many coyotes here though (I soooooooooo want to do Roadrunner noises now!)
What Made You Smile Today ? Roadrunner
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:51 pm

OMG! I have always loved Orcas.............Someday I will get to see them in their natural habitat, swimming free. I have yet to see that even though I live in an area where they frequent.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:26 pm

The weather/season made me smile today! :D The drive from Sugar Grove to Elburn was gorgeous! Lots of trees have begun to change. The sky was sunny and clear. The temp was 59 but felt just right because the sun was shining brightly! All we needed was long sleeve shirts! There were pumpkins for sale at many of the farmers driveways and the pumpkin patch is getting all set up for Halloween! Some people even have their Halloween decorations out already 👽 There was just a feeling of "fall is here and the holidays are coming!" I did think about my Dad and felt a little blue - he so loved Fall. It was his favorite time of year as it is mine. But for the most part I just felt excited and happy to be alive! It made me smile while driving and singing along to Daughtry! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:30 pm

Aw, FC..........you celebrate Fall for your Dad! I love the fall leaf colors, especially on a sunny day.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 11:32 pm

Sky wrote:
Quote :
OMG! I have always loved Orcas.............Someday I will get to see them in their natural habitat, swimming free. I have yet to see that even though I live in an area where they frequent.
I have had the priviledge of seeing wild Orcas in their natual habitat at Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands in Washington state. It was one of the highlights of my life, and makes me smile whenever I think about it. I hope to see it again someday, but it really is luck of the draw as far as being there when they are there. They are so amazingly beautiful and spectacular they take your breath away.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 6:38 pm

Love today's quote!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 6:44 pm

Thanks! I loved it too! Be sure and show it to your hubby! I love you

Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:36 pm

I will! He will so appreciate it too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Made You Smile Today ?
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next