Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?

Go down 
+12
Spirit
jaycee
stanley2
horselaydee
AngelWings
teddyhugz
zara
Sky
nouniness
foreveryoung
canear
Firecracker
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
stanley2

stanley2

Number of posts : 6397
Registration date : 2009-05-27

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:22 pm

shannon- I agree with you! He is throwing it in all the people's faces who were angry about the AMAs..Now he is like saying, "See, I can do it even though you didn't like it."
Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

Number of posts : 4465
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:20 pm

I believe he is being more explicit in other countries, especially those countries that are more open to sexual innuendo. He'll reign it in back home, I would bet.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82240
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:06 pm

I agree Spirit!!

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm sure he will, but.............The YouTubes are out there for all to see.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39713
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm

Yes they are and regardless of what he does overseas compared to here it's not going to matter. The issue is that he's so OTT anywhere.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:43 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Yes they are and regardless of what he does overseas compared to here it's not going to matter. The issue is that he's so OTT anywhere.

So True.

During his shows in the states he was doing the over the top behavior so I honestly do not see him reigning it in now.

Adam is seriously not taking everything in and using that Bright brain of his. He is honestly not seeing how he is coming across to many and with all the Youtube videos out there of him being more over the top than usual it is so not doing him any favors getting on the good side for US stuff.

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42072

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:24 am

I guess the question remains, is he happy with just having the career the way it is now or does he want to be a mega star? If he wants to be a mega star, especially on this side of the ocean, he is going to have to reign it in...........and that includes keeping his hands off Tommy. So long as this continues, he is not going to be the mega star he could be. It's all about compromise. The AMA's made him a marked man. He was destined for superstardom and given the opportunity with that performance unfortunately TPTB have long memories ....... not just of the performance, but his attitude afterward 'I did nothing wrong......'
Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:10 am

While I personally would prefer far less blatant sexual acts on stage, I have no doubt he will be a mega-star, regardless. He has the ability to electrify an audience like no other. His fame is growing and I hear no negative reviews.

He didn't say he did a wrong thing at the AMA's because he didn't feel it was "wrong". He did say he shouldn't have rehearsed one way and performed another, and wouldn't do that again. He recognizes it didn't go well for him.
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:42 am

Adam love the excesses he practiced for many years in the LA underground and doesn't seem that he wants to get away from, he loves the raunchiness of his performances and that is what happened on the AMA he thought he was completely accepted and had free rein for his performance and he was ready to show the world what a sensual gay man could do on that stage.............little naive isn't?.........things didn't go the way he was hoping for reality came into focus and the rest is history. shrugging

Quote :
He didn't say he did a wrong thing at the AMA's because he didn't feel it was "wrong". He did say he shouldn't have rehearsed one way and performed another, and wouldn't do that again. He recognizes it didn't go well for him.

I differ on that I think it was mostly because he was hurt and stubborn and the gay community was putting so much pressure on him.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am

I agree in that he was naive at the AMA's which is why it will always perplex me that his management or RCA didn't step in and go WHOA..maybe you don't want to do that! Someone worked very hard and no doubt pulled in some favours to get Adam that primo position on the AMA's........you would think that his PTB would have had more say in what was performed. I put some blame on them, as well, for the fiasco.

Quote :
He didn't say he did a wrong thing at the AMA's because he didn't feel it was "wrong". He did say he shouldn't have rehearsed one way and performed another, and wouldn't do that again. He recognizes it didn't go well for him

That was the 'spin' once he got to New York after the performance. I remember watching ET (or one of the entertainment shows) up here and they interviewed him backstage right after the performance. They asked him what he thought about the outcry of it being inappropriate. He said, without blinking an eye, then it would be discrimination. He was very defensive right off the stage but in his next interview in New York, it was the rehearsal line. His PR folks seemed to have a chat with him on the plane.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:15 am

I agree much more with Spirit than anyone else here.

I also think it is important to remember what some of you think is OTT or offensive is NOT offensive to ALL people and their is nothing wrong with the people who are not offended. It's all a matter of taste.

As far as too sexual on stage - well as I have said before, Britney, Madonna, Pink, Prince, Eminem, Jim Morrison, and others are/were all "too sexual" on stage and they all are/were megastars - Iconic even.

It doesn't matter that there are those of you here who don't like any of those people and wouldn't go see any of those people - what matters is that being "OTT" did not prevent them from mega-stardom. Is it different because Adam is gay? Yes, but it shouldn't. Maybe that is the point.

Just remember - what some of you think is "gross" others think is "hot" and there is nothing wrong with that and I wish sometimes it didn't come across as judgmental to those who don't have issues with what he does.

I do not think that he has to stop kissing Tommy while performing in the USA. Why would he have to do that? We are seeing lots of gay kissing on shows like Glee, Brothers and Sisters, All My Children, As The World Turns, and more. It is completely hypocritical to say it is fine for straight actors who pretend to be gay to kiss on TV here but it is not fine for "real" gays to kiss. I won't support that attitude.

FWIW - I am 100% sure Adam knows what he can and cannot do on American television in the future. I have no worries there. Even though the masses here didn't mind that Idol had on a rapper singing about oral sex with scantily dressed females dancing around him. No problems with that Rolling Eyes

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:48 am

I have to think Adam and his management (which is the best in the business) have given a lot of thought to the content of his performances. He likes to provoke controversy and conversation. Clearly he has done that with us. LOL So far there is not a problem, if you look at how his concerts are in high demand. The audience goes wild for him. Some people are going to be put off by the sexual content, but that's true with many performers who have become mega-stars even so. Adam is making a point and breaking ground. He loves doing that. He'll lose some followers but gain others. He'll make mistakes along the way, but I still say he will be iconic because of his immense talent and personality. Some of his antics are distasteful to me, but likely they wouldn't be if I were twenty five.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:52 am

I actually think they would have bothered me at 25 - not so much now Razz I've come a long way baby Laughing

Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 pm

The times have changed and you have changed along with them. Adam is changing the times up a few more notches, that's all. That is his intention. A lesser talent couldn't get away with it at this stage of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 pm

None of his antics 'bother' me, heck at my age, I've seen worse. I agree with Spirit and FC, it's just I worry. I'm not put off by anything Adam has done on stage but I know a lot of people who would be or are now. As long as Adam keeps performing and reaches the goal he wants, I'm fine! There are some things he does that I don't quite 'get' why he feels he has do them, but he must have his reasons or he's living in the moment. He's breaking ground that's for sure, he is a superstar. cheers
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 pm

I worry too Sky. I want the world for him. But Adam is going to be what Adam is going to be and I can't change it. I am just going along for the gorgeous, sexy, exciting ride while blasting his amazing voice and dancing tunes!

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:31 pm

I have to disagree ...... I don't think he is a superstar as yet. He has the potential to be one but he's not there. Superstars to me are the likes of Gaga and Bieber (yes, Bieber Razz ). They have been successful internationally and at home along with mega radio airplay.

I have more to comment on re the antics but will do that at home tonight.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:40 pm

A superstar in the making (we hope praying)

I will never see Bieber as a superstar. Teen sensation yes - superstar no. Because I predict he fades away faster than you can say Jonas Brothers (who had to cancel their tour and their show was canceled and they are beyond "so last year") There will be a new teen sensation this time next year and it will be "Beiber who?" He will not be the new Timberlake. He doesn't have 1/4 of the talent.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Adam Lambert: Singer's Glam Nation tour -- next stop Berlin, Germany

November 15th, 2010 1:24 pm ET.Do you like this story?

The singer Adam Lambert is a bonafide superstar. The performer's international fans had been hoping for the opportunity to see the singer live for quite a while, and now that Glam Nation has gone abroad, many fans will have their chance to see the singer perform. American Idol may have catapulted the singer to stardom, but his talent and dedication is the reason why he is enjoying such great success. After successful shows, Lambert often takes to Twitter to thank his fans for being a great, receptive audience. According to Lambert's tour schedule, the singer's next stop on his tour is Berlin, Germany.

There have been several successful summer tours for artists this year, and Glam Nation is certainly one of them. For any artist, fans are crucial, and Lambert has created a very strong bond with his fans all over the world. The fans in turn are eager to show their support for everything that the singer does.

Have you caught Adam Lambert's Glam Nation tour yet? If so, what did you think of Adam Lambert performing live? What was your favorite song to see/hear live?

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks Sky!!

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Sky wrote:
Adam Lambert: Singer's Glam Nation tour -- next stop Berlin, Germany

November 15th, 2010 1:24 pm ET.Do you like this story?

The singer Adam Lambert is a bonafide superstar. The performer's international fans had been hoping for the opportunity to see the singer live for quite a while, and now that Glam Nation has gone abroad, many fans will have their chance to see the singer perform. American Idol may have catapulted the singer to stardom, but his talent and dedication is the reason why he is enjoying such great success. After successful shows, Lambert often takes to Twitter to thank his fans for being a great, receptive audience. According to Lambert's tour schedule, the singer's next stop on his tour is Berlin, Germany.

There have been several successful summer tours for artists this year, and Glam Nation is certainly one of them. For any artist, fans are crucial, and Lambert has created a very strong bond with his fans all over the world. The fans in turn are eager to show their support for everything that the singer does.

Have you caught Adam Lambert's Glam Nation tour yet? If so, what did you think of Adam Lambert performing live? What was your favorite song to see/hear live?

Can I ask where this is from?

I'm sorry but I just don't see him as one.......yet. He is well on his way establishing a core fanbase and having a successful tour. The next step is to have a mega single on the radio and sustain the touring success. God willing the next CD will elevate him to that status.......in my books anyhow.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down
flipe4u

flipe4u

Number of posts : 1546

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm raising my hand in the air, agreeing that he is HUGE, now!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:53 pm

I don't think Adam is anywhere near a superstar. He is doing well but you can't compare his concerts to those of a superstar. He has done a lot of concerts and most have sold out but the majority of them were small to mid sized venues.

I don't know about the size of the venues in Europe but the one the other night, in Hamburg I heard only held 600. When he is playing 15 to 20,000 everywhere he goes, then he will be a superstar and then only if he can maintain that for years.

He is off to a nice start. He has probably lost a lot of the Idol audience that liked him but he will gain others. I wish him the best. I will be interested in following what happens with his career but I am pretty certain now that he has no desire to be the sort of entertainer that I enjoy seeing perform.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?
Page 18 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next