View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin

Number of posts : 70179
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:18 am

I'm sad that you feel the Adam in interviews and such is fake. I don't feel that way. I think the real Adam is a sweet and fun guy with a big heart who everybody who works with him seems to love and respect. We have read that repeatedly. Every DJ, every interviewer, every producer, etc. all state what a down to earth and genuinely nice person he is. Why can't "the real Adam" be that wonderful guy who happens to perform sometimes a certain way? Why because his performances are sometimes "too sexual" mean he can't be that nice genuine guy? shrugging

Admin

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:40 am

Oh, BTW - I do get sometimes not being able to separate. I cannot separate Mel Gibson from his rants - but that is a whole different issue in my book. I also cannot separate Alec Baldwin from his horrible rant to his daughter. Now if Adam ever has a child and treats that child terrible - than I might have to rethink my fandom. But I'm not seeing that happening.

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:14 am

Fake isn't the word I would use, just on his good behavior and not how he is normally. I think he is a good guy and people do like him, no question about that. His friends love him but his friends are like he is. Adam is a partier. If he isn't working he is partying. Drinking is a big favorite with him. I am not saying he has a drinking problem, I don't think he does but he likes to drink. He is a club kid who drinks a lot and is very casual about sex, I imagine that the people he is close to are mostly the same. Heck he even said in an interview that his Mother is/was a party girl. So that is what he brings to the stage, let's party, get drunk and have sex. A large percentage of his audience is all for that, that is their life too, so the message of getting high on whatever and making out with whoever is handy, sounds great to them.

That isn't what he brings to his interviews that are shown on TV and I think that anyone that only knows him by that and Idol is in for a big shock.

I
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:22 am

Well, your words were "that Adam is not all that real". Sounds like saying fake to me Laughing

Number of posts : 4462
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:58 am

I don't think Adam has ever said in an interview that he is a choir boy or pretended to be anything he isn't. Of course he is on his best behavior. It would be disrespectful to go into an interview any other way. He likes to party and says so. Nothing wrong that. He is totally open and honest, so what is he hiding that would shock us. Heck, we could ask him. He'd tell us.

A nice, sweet, friendly, single, intelligent, young guy can party and still be a decent human being.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Exactly Spirit!

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:43 pm

I am sure he is a decent human being but just someone that I have a very hard time relating to.

It is sort of like if you are very much into politics and you meet someone that is also very involved but you are on different side and you see everything differently. I know people that politics are a primary thing with them and it can get uncomfortable if you feel differently.

Adam and I are so very different that it doesn't seem that there is much meeting ground. I should have known it wasn't going to work from the beginning.... my fault I guess
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Well, I doubt Adam and I have a thing in common - other than we both like cute guys and dance music Laughing Oh and make-up and nail polish and glitter! biggrin

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Interesting read here about the latest performance issues. I also found the comments interesting.

http://www.fleckingrecords.co.uk/2010/11/adam-lambert-smokes.html

Regarding how some people feel about this performance, and that is what it was, a PERFORMANCE. He is an entertainer, he likes to push buttons. He smoked on stage, we don't KNOW that it was Marijuana he was smoking, it could have been a prop because the only song he used it in was "Purple Haze".

I can get why some are disillusioned with him. Some respond as if they personally know him. I don't feel I know him other than I've followed his rise of stardom from AI. I don't know what his private life is like, if it's like what little of it we see or something entirely different, it doesn't matter to me. There are lots of singers/entertainers I like but I don't feel the need to rip them apart for something they did on stage or in their personal life. I still enjoy their music. I love Nirvana music and GnR music and countless others and lord knows they aren't perfect. An entertainers life in no way impacts mine other than my enjoyment of their music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaycee

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:41 pm

I am sorry that you feel that I was ripping Adam apart, I really didn't mean it to come out that way. I was just giving the reasons that I have problems with him as a live entertainer. I am only talking about myself and my feelings.

I have liked many people over the years that I never saw in concert but I bought their music and I was still a fan. That was before everything was on internet. It is all so easy now to keep track of what this person that you like is doing but when the things they are doing turn out to be things you don't like, it is hard to just forget it. I am not talking about smoking Pot.

I am only talking about myself but there are things that just make me very uncomfortable and I can't help it. Unfortunately for me these are the things that are being talked about on most of the boards, most of the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Jaycee, I didn't think you were ripping him apart, I said I get why some feel the way they do. I just don't get why you or anyone can't just enjoy the music. I think that's why I don't go to all the boards. A lot of the talk is crap. Do I think he's going too far in some of his stage performances? Yes, but I can't change it and if someone looks back in Adam's career, what he's doing now is not so different. All his prior performances were out there for everyone to see, and anyone on the internet and following Adam has seen them. It was obvious that who we saw on Idol was not what Adam was all about.

This board at least allows everyone to have their own opinion. I hope I don't deter anyone from posting theirs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flipe4u

Number of posts : 1543
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:06 pm

I think it's a prop. This seriously does not look like a joint to me.
I hope this comes out clear enough....

What do you gals think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spirit

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:10 pm

I suspect it's a prop because I don't think Adam would want to chance acting unusual in any way as a result of smoking weed. Not while he is onstage. He is putting on a performance, acting out a part, not having real sex and getting stoned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flipe4u

Number of posts : 1543

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:17 pm

I think it's definitely a prop.
(Look at the shape and length)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spirit

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:25 pm

And the way he's holding it, like a regular cigarette. I think its one of those little cigars.

Jaycee, If you don't like Adam, you don't like him, either personally or as a performer. He is definitely not everybody's cup of tea. Along the way he will gain new fans and lose some. I guess he has lost you. But stay tuned. He may surprise you in a good way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:29 pm

Doesn't look like a joint to me.

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:31 pm

That's what I thought too, but who knows what marketing they do for a legal weed? Is it sold commercially over there so it doesn't look like a handrolled joint? He doesn't appear to be inhaling much of it, so what's the point, other than it's a prop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

Number of posts : 16955

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Jaycee and Canear I agree with both of you fully.

I adore Adam and I know he is a good loving man and that is one reason I adore him. But to me he is not being very smart at all. He knows everything thing he does makes it out there somewhere so even people that may not be fans will see stuff out there in magazines and stuff just by flipping through them. He has got to know this latest performance is going to have major mixed reviews. Even if it was only a prop the way he was acting out there on the stage makes it seem he was overcome from the it. I know you don't want to hear it but like it or not little ones watch him and with him doing stuff to get stuff for schools and him getting invited to visit schools he is what he doesn't want to be a role model. Young kids and teens do not need to see him doing that and thinking it is okay. Yes some of you feel MJ is not bad thing but it is and many times cause MJ isn't as strong the people doing it want to try something more to cover for that and that is the bad part about that drug. We have enough problems with drugs,(including nicotine), and alcohol without someone that people majorly look up to going around smoking or acting like he is smoking a MJ joint. Kids are impressionable and people they respect make a big impact on them. Parents and teachers can only do so much so it would help if the people these kids and teens look up to and respect so much would kind of help out. May be too much to ask but there are many many personalities out there that do all they can to help promote not doing drugs and smoking and drinking alcohol.

Probably have said to much but with working with children and see how some are at such a young age it scares me when I hear how some of them talk about things. I never want any of those kids to get into drugs and other stuff.

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spirit

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:12 pm

Adam has said he is not a babysitter. His job is to entertain. Personally, I think that killing animals for fur is far worse than smoking something and I wish Adam would boycott fur. But he doesn't see the issue the way I do. I have to overlook that. He offends some people no matter what, so he can't take it too seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:13 pm

I am on such a freaking high from THS and am soooooo loving Adam right now that I will not be visiting this thread again. Not letting anything ruin this fandom for me!

See ya all in happier threads!

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:22 pm

I'm right behind you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

Number of posts : 16955

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:28 pm

Spirit wrote:
Adam has said he is not a babysitter. His job is to entertain. Personally, I think that killing animals for fur is far worse than smoking something and I wish Adam would boycott fur. But he doesn't see the issue the way I do. I have to overlook that. He offends some people no matter what, so he can't take it too seriously.

I have no idea what you are talking about with the fur but that is cool.

Many celebs say they aren't baby sitters but when many and Adam do stuff where they are are around kids and teens they need to think. Since Adam is doing donors choice he gets invited to a lot of schools and stuff. He has to think about how what he does to those kids he is meeting that get so taken by him. Many many kids will follow what people they respect do. It is a sad but true fact. I know I am on my own with these thoughts and that is okay.

ETA: I am a huge fan of Robert Downey Jr. and it broke my heart when he went down the path he did. I didn't give up being a fan of his I just prayed and prayed he could get his life on track and again. He has done all I prayed for him. Eta. He did lose a lot of fans and even Robert says he knows that by doing what he did a lot of people gave up on him and he didn't blame them.

Shannon praying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canear

Number of posts : 34149

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Doesn't look like a joint to me.

It apparently is called a 'blunt'

Quote :
blunt
A cigar that has been hollowed and refilled with marijuana. The term 'blunt' was originally derived from the preferred brand of cigars for this operation, Phillies Blunts.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
canear

Number of posts : 34149

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:13 pm

AngelWings wrote:
Spirit wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about with the fur but that is cool.

Many celebs say they aren't baby sitters but when many and Adam do stuff where they are are around kids and teens they need to think. Since Adam is doing donors choice he gets invited to a lot of schools and stuff. He has to think about how what he does to those kids he is meeting that get so taken by him. Many many kids will follow what people they respect do. It is a sad but true fact. I know I am on my own with these thoughts and that is okay.

ETA: I am a huge fan of Robert Downey Jr. and it broke my heart when he went down the path he did. I didn't give up being a fan of his I just prayed and prayed he could get his life on track and again. He has done all I prayed for him. Eta. He did lose a lot of fans and even Robert says he knows that by doing what he did a lot of people gave up on him and he didn't blame them.

Shannon praying

No you're not alone with those thoughts Angel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

Number of posts : 36653
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:14 pm

Thanks for that explanation canear. It doesn't change my opinion though. I'm still disappointed. You'd probably be surprised as to just how disappointed I am. Angel was even shocked last night when we were talking. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   

Back to top Go down

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next