Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS

Go down 
+6
Sky
Spirit
foreveryoung
claytoncavaliers
Potsie
Firecracker
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Firecracker wrote:
She looks cool!

More people might see it in a thread other than Paul's though Wink

Oops.............sometimes it's just so confusing because of all the threads. I've moved them to "What Music Are You Listening To", I thought about "Celebrities", but she's music.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42158
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Paul seems glad that he's done with Idol .......

Quote :
thePaulMcDonald Paul McDonald
American idol is OFFICIALLY OVER!!!! It's been almost a year since i've performed any original music...holy moly. It... http://say.ly/DvuKwT
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82413

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:03 pm

I guess these guys have no clue before they audition what the hell they are getting into. Geez, the show has only been on 10 years now. You'd think they'd know the drill by now.

PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:31 pm

They are acting like fools, if they didn't like what they were going to be doing why the heck do they tried out for the show?

They should be thankful that they got this much exposure out the show and keep their mouths and tweeters shut. wtf
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:38 pm

Especially Paul - he not only got songs in an Indie movie, but a movie star fiance. I'd say Idol was pretty darn good for him.

PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:52 pm

I'm sure they are all glad their year with Idol is officially over, but let's hope they realize where it got them. Yes, they couldn't sing what they wanted to sing and must be tired of 'cover' songs, but that's the way it is............get over it!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Yes, the singing covers probably does get old - but none of these kids would have had the opportunities and amazing experiences without Idol. Take the bad with the good people.

So glad Adam realized this and never once complained at all ever! He has so much class!

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:42 pm

They did got a job for a year well paid, room and board and great benefits, it was a job, but much better than playing in a dinky place to a hand full of people getting paid just enough to eat, fill up the van and drive to the next stop. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:54 pm

You got that right! And most of the kids will never again get the experience of playing to sold out arenas! Most probably won't have any kind of tour.

Plus they got to meet and work with huge names in the biz.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39763
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:17 pm

Yes you would think that they should know what they're getting into when they try for Idol, but the thing is I don't think any of them can possibly fully understand what all that entails until they're actually in it. Once they're right in the thick of it all many of them are caught by surprise at exactly how much it takes from them and for them. I don't think what Paul said (or any of them who share the same feeling) is an expression of being ungrateful, but more so a show of relief that they now have room to breathe and just "be".
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 12:28 am

foreveryoung wrote:
They are acting like fools, if they didn't like what they were going to be doing why the heck do they tried out for the show?

They should be thankful that they got this much exposure out the show and keep their mouths and tweeters shut. wtf

I read on something that Paul tried out for idol on a dare. Paul has admitted he never watched idol and totally made fun of it. Well a friend of his dared him to go out for it and he did probably thinking he wouldn't get put through and low and behold he got through...

So I am not really surprised that Paul is saying any of this stuff.

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39763
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 12:52 am

I've heard that too and while he could have opted out he didn't. He stuck through it. That's got to mean something because he wouldn't have been there if he didn't want to be once it reached a certain point. At least I don't think he would have. Besides once you get to a specific part of the competition you've got to sign yourself away on the contracts and I'm pretty sure depending on how far you get there are probably revisions to them. So it all just depends.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:23 am

I don't care how tough they found it - when it is over they can Tweet that they are finished with their Idol experience and are happy to move forward and thank Idol for all the opportunities and thank the fans.

Getting on Twitter and putting "DONE WITH IDOL" in caps followed by HALLELUIAH in caps comes across completely ungrateful. And no, Paul was not the one who added HALLELUIAH. We know who that was.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42158

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:40 am

I guess I don't understand why it is so important to some that they show undying gratitude to Idol? Sure, it gave them the platform but none of us know how restricted they are or how they are treated off camera. We've all seen how it is when you're not a chosen one and how they get dumped on. I can only imagine what it's like off camera. I'm a fan of the people, not of the show so I don't think they need to show their undying gratitude. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:52 am

Nobody says undying. But they have all had amazing experiences and opportunities and doors opened for them that so few in the world get. Think of how many young people dream of performing on a large platform, touring, perform in arenas, have people scream for them and beg for autographs, have their names out there, meet and work with some of the biggest names in the biz - some iconic. GET SIGNED. How do you NOT show gratitude for that? Even if you do not feel you were treated perfectly at all times? Ever year about 100,000 kids are begging and dreaming for that opportunity.

I don't think it is too much to ask to show gratitude and class when your time with Idol is through. What exactly would James or Paul's last year have been like without Idol? What exactly would this upcoming year hold for them without Idol? Are they not about 1000 times better off now?

James is about to have all of his dreams come true no? Who does he have to thank for that? I would say Idol.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:22 am

I agree FC. Regardless, people should be thankful for

what is given them, even if they didn't enjoy it. You can't

tell me these 'kids' didn't enjoy the 'ride'! Yes, they're

glad it's over, but let's give thanks for the opportunity

that was given. I would not like it if my kids, didn't thank

someone for the opportunity to make money, get your

name known, get your 'foot in the door' and possibly

fulfilling a dream even if it meant a struggle. Life isn't a

bowl of cherries.
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:29 am

I don't know but I think this year group has been the worse in their kind of entitlement and arrogance, for heavens sake they got a well paid job, not everything is a bed of roses so what, they got well reimbursed for their little inconveniences.

The least they can do is show a little class and keep their traps shut.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:58 am

Exactly Sky and FY!

There were no doubt times were not perfect and didn't go the way THEY wanted it to - but who of us in life has everything just the way we want it?? What job doesn't have it's moments of difficulty? I would think all of them made a lot more money this summer than whatever their summer jobs WOULD have been. Heck, I bet they made a lot more than I did and they didn't have to clean up poop and puke for it!

Back to top Go down
stanley2

stanley2

Number of posts : 6397
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Only Paul and James seem to feel entitled and annoyed at the Idol show for forcing them to do things they didn't feel like doing. Wait untiil they are brought back to earth and have to earn a living doing things they never thought they would have to do, like working. Razz
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Yeah people should show gratitude but for some,(the ones that got treated like crap and still get treated like crap to this day,(Diana and Josh Gracin are two that come to mind here. Taylor is another that comes to mind,(only two that ever treated him with respect were Randy and Paula), I honestly do not blame them for not dropping to their knees and kissing AI's behind. The way Simon and co treated some of these kids is totally inconsiderate and shouldn't be praised. I am a fan of the contestants of the show other than that I hate it. They have their faves and if you aren't one of the favorites they kick you to the curb during the show and then when you are off they throw you out like yesterdays trash. If you are a fave of the show you get invited back and promoted by them but if you aren't they never have you back, don't promote you when you have a new cd out and as I said treat you like trash. No one deserves that. If some of the contestants from this season seemed relieved maybe they honestly are. Things were very different this year having Jimmy there and from what I get not all of the contestants were thrilled with the guy. Maybe working with him wasn't fun like the show tried to make it look. Yes they got to meet some great people but maybe the bad stuff outweighed the good stuff for them. I know they should not go onto twitter and say stuff but I am not going to say they are wrong in being glad it is over with if that is how they truly feel. None of us know how it was for them so how can we judge them if they weren't happy.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:25 pm

And would Taylor be a millionaire without Idol? Would Diana have been all over Broadway? Would Josh Gracin have so many CDs out? Would any of them have the lives they have without Idol?

Nobody said "kiss asses". Just show some class.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Firecracker wrote:
And would Taylor be a millionaire without Idol? Would Diana have been all over Broadway? Would Josh Gracin have so many CDs out? Would any of them have the lives they have without Idol?

Nobody said "kiss asses". Just show some class.

But Diana never ever got idols help. She did not get Hairspray until about year after she left RCA cause they were not promoting her. Diana did pretty much everything on her own. Diana got picked to do a showing of West Side Story in LA for a couple of months and from that she got noticed and got a call to have her come audition for the Hairspray musical. She wanted to do the movie but they told her she was to short and they even said possibly go audition for the musical which she did. After her showing on Hairspray she was asked to come do the traveling show of Brooklyn as the lead and then after that she just kept getting asked to come audition for shows. Also after she did the CMT show Gone Country she got noticed more also and got asked more and more. AI practically has ignored Diana and acted like she didn't exist since her season ended. I believe that is cause they want all the attention from that season being on Fantasia but now it is getting harder since Jennifer Hudson is surpassing their winner. Anyway Diana has got what she got cause of her talent not American Idol. Diana never says anything bad about idol but she really never discusses things unless she is asked.

Josh has his fans that keep him going. He may have got signed to the first label cause of Idol and got his first cd but because Idol wouldn't even acknowledge that he was out there and had a cd out for his second cd no one knew it. Idol did a special thing on the country artist of idol and showed all from his label except him in it. All of them got promotion and he did not. Remember Josh did not do the idol tour. Some have said it was cause he was finishing his tour of duty but that is not so. He even admitted he was ready and willing to join the tour if they called but they never did. Josh didn't get all the stuff the others did with the tour even though he came in 4rth place. Josh like Diana was never brought back on the show or spoken of so as I said got no promotion. He has been on two or three different labels and he was dropped from one cause his second cd which is amazing didn't sell. The sad thing on that one was how hurt Josh was when he saw that special thing on AI and all his label mates were shown on it and he was not. He didn't know what he had done to the show to make them ignore him like they have.. After that is when he was dropped from the label for the cd not selling. He is on a new label for this third cd. Taylor got the label and first cd cause of Idol granted but he did not get Grease till he was away from the label for a while and hadn't been shown or mentioned on idol for awhile. He may of got Grease originally cause they remembered him from Idol but I think he kept the role so long cause he has the talent. He made most of what he has and was able to start his label cause of being on Grease and doing the traveling show. Also Taylor had to sold out concert tours back to back and he did the smart thing and saved saved saved cause as he said I have been in this business for so long I know what can happen at the drop of a pin. Taylor was smart with his money and was smart at the business of the entertainment aspect. Idol really has not helped him any. Taylor is still the one that most people call a failure,(which is not true at all).

All three are always classy but those that are their fans know they have all had to do it on their own cause Idol threw them away and didn't care about them. What is sad is Idol would have to be blind to not see how successful someone like Diana has gotten they should invite her back on the show to show that even if you don't do well in the music area of the business it doesn't mean you still can't be a star in the entertainment business. They haven't done it though so it goes to show they are still ignoring her and acting like she does not exist.

ETA: I should mention that Diana is a lucky one cause her mother was her manager for a long time and she got to do the Grand Ole Opry as a child quite a few times meeting a lot of the country stars, She also got her on that tv show Kids Have Talent and then after Idol her mother has the smarts to hire an entertainment Lawyer who was able to get Diana out of her contract with RCA. Her mom was the one who helped her get the role for West Side Story.

Last edited by AngelWings on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Oh for heavens sake!
Back to top Go down
stanley2

stanley2

Number of posts : 6397
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:03 pm

But who would have ever heard the name Diana or Josh or Taylor had it not been for Idol in the first place. Not saying they weren't promoted at all, but Idol did give these people a place where their names became known.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:10 pm

adamishot wrote:
But who would have ever heard the name Diana or Josh or Taylor had it not been for Idol in the first place. Not saying they weren't promoted at all, but Idol did give these people a place where their names became known.

But that is not necessarily true. Many people said they remembered Diana from Kids Have Talent. When David Archuleta got on Idol I remembered him from Star Search as a 11 year old and so did many others but it is idol that gets you the labels cause the star search labels always screwed up and never got anything right,(Poor Jake Simpson could of been a star if he would of had RCA behind him.), but back on topic. Yes Idol gets you noticed but it is them,(the contestants), that has to do the hard work to keep their names out there. When you don't have the show that put your name out there behind you it makes it harder and when the show doesn't even acknowledge you exist it makes it really hard cause it makes people think there must be something wrong with you if the show won't even help promote you. You guys can not agree with me and be mad at me but I am a fan of a lot of the ones that have had to fight for their careers and you kind of get used to seeing the show treat them badly. I don't trust Idol and never will.

To be on topic is all I am saying is I am not going to get mad at these guys for saying what they did,(which is not that bad to be honest. They didn't diss idol at all to be quite honest. If they would have cussed or really put down idol then I would feel differently and see what you are saying but as I said what they said was not bad at all..), cause seeing how it has been for others and how they have had to go it on their own without idols help at all I can't blame them for possibly not being happy with Idol.

Last edited by AngelWings on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS    PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

PAUL MCDONALD AND HIS MAGNOLIAS
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: