Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Adam Lambert Media

Go down 
+8
AngelWings
WISCathy
claytoncavaliers
canear
Sky
teddyhugz
foreveryoung
Firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39748
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82371
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:58 am

Got this from PULSE MUSIC BOARD!

I bolded an answer that many have been hoping to read!!!!

Quote :
Adam interview in Italian Vogue (translated by a fan). His answers about marriage kind make me sad :(

Adam LAMBERT
ONLY KISSES, GIRLS

If you like the ambiguity of Marco Mengoni [winner of the latest season of the Italian X-Factor],
wait until you meet this boy:
with eye-shadow in his blue eyes and his voice
(listen to his new record to believe),
he literally charmed the audience of American Idol
(the American X-Factor [I hate this definition!]
and he has become the object of desire of American women.
But he’s not into it. Guess why?

by Enrica Brocardo – Photos by Alexei Hay

Adam Lambert is dresssed in black, a color that suits him as the rock star he is and that, for a person who still struggle with the memories of his heavy weight during youth, gives the idea that it makes him look thinner.
His hair, dyed in black too, is in a small feather crest on its head, and down in a fringe across the front diagonally. His face it’s well make up: foundation to hide the signs of acne, grey eye-shadow that highlights his wonderful blue eyes. “Close the door, so we can concentrate”, he says with a smile that the little psychiatrist in all of us easily will recognize as an honest smile.
He was considered the most talented contestant of the latest season of the talent show American Idol (sort of an X-Factor, very popular in the States), and the favorite during the entire show, Lambert in the end arrived only at the second place.
Nevermind, because in just a few months this tall 28 years old boy from California has become a star. Thanks to a beautiful voice, but foremost to a mix of “ingredients” contrasting: good-looking but not intimidating, some transgression a bit sincere and a bit sought, performances equally professional and amateur, instinct for the stage and business, and an homosexuality expressed spontaneously theatrically, that makes him loved by women foremost.
After American Idol, in the life of a boy that – as we said – lost the title of Idol for not giving up on make-up, many things happened: the cover of Rolling Stone, where he openly declared to be gay; an X-rated performance at the American Music Awards, live on ABC, when he simulated an oral-sex act with a dancer and made out with the bass guitarist of his band; the Idol Summer Tour with the Top 10 contestants when girls kept on throwing underwear and notes with their phone number on stage despite the fact he’s gay; then an album, For Your Entertainment, that will be released in Italy on April, 27th. His album contains several songs very different from one to the other – from rock to disco, to pure pop – and some of them are the result of collaboration with important artists such as Lady Gaga, author of the song Fever. Last week he came back to American Idol with the important role of mentor.

When people talk about you, the adjective used the most is “controversial”.
“It’s the people saying I’m like that. I’m simply myself. If you are honest and straightforward, whatever you say will be shocking just for the fact that you’ve never raised the issue of being politically correct”.

You often lamented about the fact that you’re one of the few in the music business admitting of being gay. A couple of weeks ago, Ricky Martin “came out” through a message on his official website. What you thought when you heard about it?
“I thought he felt better. I imagine how it could be liberating, after years of silence. The business of entertainment need sexy, romantic, desirable people. The executives fear that a gay guy won’t make them rich enough”.

And you’re not afraid of that?
“I’m not able to lie. Also, for me it was a lot easier. Thanks to American Idol, a lot of people watched and listened me for weeks. Only when the show was over, and people finally appreciated me for what I could do, you heard of my sexual orientation. It’s very different start a career with the “label” of gay. I didn’t have to worry about executives, it wasn’t their will to give me a chance, I already had an audience”.

For this reason you clarified only when the show was over?
“No. It’s a specific rule of the show: while you’re in you can’t do any interview. Everyone was speculating: “Is he gay, yes or not?” (during Idol, on the internet some old pictures of him in drag surfaced), but I couldn’t deny or confirm. I wanted to declare it earlier, if I could: I know I’m gay sing I was a teen, and it has never been a problem. With my parents we’ve talked about it since I was 18, and they’ve never been worried or disappointed”.

You, sometimes, make ambiguous statements. For example, you say that you like making out with girls.
“If I’m in a bar and I drink a couple of drinks, it may happen that I make out with a girl. It’s fun”.

Are you sure you’re gay? Bisexual wouldn’t be more correct?
“No, trust me I’m gay. Well, I kissed some girls, but I’ve never “been deep inside” them. If we take a scale where being heterosexual means being at number 1 and being gay is at number 10, I’m in the middle of number 8 and number 9 position. Sometimes even at number 7, but not too often”.

Why women keep on throwing you bras on stage even if they know that you're not available on the sexual side?
"Women throwing bras on stage are 30, 40 and some even 50 years-old. Maybe it's because it reminds them of the rock stars they used to listen/see when they were younger. I'm glad they do it because it means that the record companies are wrong. What I do in my private life has nothing to do with what I do on stage. As a singer/artist, I create fantasies. Illusion it's the most important thing on stage and women, obviously, are smart enough to understand it and have fun".

For your androgynous look, you’ve been compared to Twilight’s Robert Pattinson. How do you feel about it?
“It’s a nice compliment: he’s a good-looking guy.”

Is he your type?
“No, I like more the pretty boy type. You know, the other actor in Twilight, Taylor Lautner? Well, I find him more attractive”.

Is it true that, when you were a teen, you had issues about your look?
“I was overweight, I had pimples and I felt “different”. All of this made me feel insecure. Even now, when I see my picture on a tabloid I think: “OMG, how ugly I am”. But mostly I learned to be comfortable in my own skin”.

Have you ever been bullied?
“Only once, a guy called me “f@%”. I punched him. He never did it again”.

You never appeared with your natural hair color. You don’t like it? [silliest question EVER!]
“It’s strawberry blonde, it makes me look like a 12 year-old”.

Success come and go. Your success came suddenly and could fade as much. Does this worry you?
“I’m trying to save some money if things go wrong. I decided to try auditioning for American Idol because I wanted to succeed as an artist, but also because I planned to build a stable economic situation. This is a job, not all my life”.

Other wishes?
“I’d like to fall in love again. I had a few flirts in the past months, but I’m always travelling, it’s impossible to have a relationship in this moment”.

Do you ever think: “Maybe this person it’s more interested to my success than to me”?
“It’s a risk and it’s not pleasant. But I’ve got a good instinct about people: I think I’d notice it”.

One day, would you like to get married?
“I think gay should be able to do it, too. As for me, I’m too unsettled for a commitment like that. I see myself in a relationship, but not for all my life. A couple of years it seems more than reasonable to me”.

Sex and love always go together?
No, not all the time. But, now, if I have sex with someone, even if it’s not in a stable relationship, I want to feel a very strong connection and intimacy, the feeling that we’re sharing something, I don’t want to do it just to do it. The phase when I needed to experiment it’s over”.

In the Rolling Stone interview, other than the fact that you declare to be gay, you said that you smoked marijuana, used cocaine and ecstasy, and that you decided to audition for American Idol during a “psychedelic experience”.

I had used cocaine for a couple of months, four years ago circa, and I stopped because I understood that it wasn’t for me. Music, alcohol, drugs and nightlife are things that usually go together, but I’ve never considered myself a drug addict and, by the way, I stopped completely in taking drugs”.

For months it’s been discussed your sexual orientation, but no one commented your familiarity with drugs. Have you noticed it?
“I know, it’s strange. People think only about it. Are you gay? Are you straight? If you’re gay, why you posed with a naked model and in such sexy pics? (He’s referring to the pictures of this report, published originally on the magazine Details). They’re all obsessed with rules. Rules, only rules”.

Do you remember the most risqué proposal you’ve ever received by a woman?
“Mmm. No. Usually, during concerts, women ask me to kiss them. “But if we do not even know each other?”, that’s my answer”.

So you have a rule too: no kisses to a stranger?
“I'm afraid of not being able to say it”.

Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:52 pm

OH THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believed he had stopped and wasn't anyway involved with drugs anymore but it's so NICE and REASSURING to hear it directly from him finally. Thank you Adam!!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:54 pm

It is wonderful isn't it!!! cheers

Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Yes it is! I could have done without some of the other content in the article/interview but I just skipped over it and let it be.

The one thing that strikes me though is Adam saying he wouldn't want to have someone as his partner for the rest of his life. I thought that was really strange because I've felt in the past like that was something he really wanted. And the thing is he says he wants to "fall in love again" but if he did and even stronger and deeply than before wouldn't he want that person in his life always? I'm just so confused by those statements.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Some people cannot deal with the thought of being with just one person for the rest of their life. It freaks them out. Even if they are in love - they figure they are missing out on something better.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:28 pm

I suppose so. But that just seems kind of sad.
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:46 pm

I think he is very realistic and I like that, what is the reason to get married if you aren't going to be faithful forever, maybe when he is older he may think differently.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42131

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 pm

foreveryoung wrote:
I think he is very realistic and I like that, what is the reason to get married if you aren't going to be faithful forever, maybe when he is older he may think differently.

I agree. He is still young and really has really only had one serious relationship. If he hasn't met that special someone yet, marriage wouldn't be an option anyhow. He's just getting his career started and won't be in a position to settle down for a while. When the right person comes along it could be a different story. That said, marriage isn't for everyone. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Oh I wasn't talking specifically marriage. You don't have to marry someone to be in a committed and faithful relationship. That I do understand.
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Well Adam must be thinking there is a lot of fish in the sea! Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42131

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:18 pm

....and there is the sad fact, that he is now a celebrity and it is going to be more difficult to know whether someone is sincere or just using you.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:32 pm

Yes that always complicates things doesn't it? Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
dancingdigits

dancingdigits

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:48 pm

I think he is younger emotionally than most guys his age. He hasn't had a bunch of heavy relationships. I think he will want a commitment in time, if he finds the right person. No rush.

I, too, was glad to see him say he is done with drugs. However, alcohol is a drug and I think there are times when he drinks far too much. This may be something else that he reins in as he gets older. At least, I hope so. In your 20s, you can bounce back easily from a night of drinking. In your 40s, you don't bounce--you just lay there with a miserable hangover that takes several days to get past. Razz I stopped drinking altogether at 43. Now I wouldn't dare...not since having liver cancer. affraid
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:52 pm

WHOA! Liver cancer! That is scary stuff!! Glad you are doing well and stopped drinking! hugging

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Well thank the Lord he finally came straight out and just told all he is off drugs completely. I am happy about that aspect.

DD I agree his alcohol consumption bothers me to but its his life and I have to try to just not think about it.

Ugh I am confused about him not wanting to be with one person. If he falls in love again it would get complicated if it was an open relationship wouldn't it?

Shannon Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 223329 Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 852399
Back to top Go down
dancingdigits

dancingdigits

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:17 am

Firecracker, thanks. I had actually stopped drinking 18 yrs. before my liver cancer diagnosis. I will be cancer free 4 yrs. next month. But of course, with only a small portion of my liver left, I will never ever drink again. I don't even eat beef as it's hard on the liver.

Angel, as I said previously, I think Adam will change his mind about marriage or a committed relationship when he gets a little older.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:18 am

So happy to hear you are cancer free 4 years now DD! That is awesome!

Just because he doesn't want to get married doesn't mean it would be "an open" relationship. It can still be exclusive without being married.

None of us know anything about the extent of his alcohol consumption. He has been seen holding drinks at parties and clubs. Well, so has everybody else at parties and clubs. There is no evidence at all that the man has any kind of alcohol consumption issues. For how hard he is working and traveling and up early doing promos and appearances - I don't think he has a problem at all. Until there is evidence to the contrary it would be nice if a drinking problem wasn't implied. I know I wouldn't like people making those assumptions about me. One can have a few drinks at parties and clubs and not have a problem. At this point I think Adam is proving he is a very together person. I'll worry when there are TMZ vids of him stumbling out of clubs ala Lohan. Till then he gets the benefit of doubt as far as having any issues.

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:31 am

Boy FC you took the words out of my mouth I agree with you 100%.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:36 am

Thanks FY hugging It just really upsets me. I'm all for voicing opinions and if there is proof of a problem than discuss away. Until than I myself will show him respect on the matter. He has earned that at this point.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:12 am

FC, you said everything I wanted to say! I hate that everyone jumps to conclusions and start thinking the worst and presuming things.

DD............wow! Congrats on the 4 years! I never knew beef was hard on the liver. I don't eat beef anyway and that just affirms my beliefs.
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:13 pm

This is a vey nice Adam interview and very nice picture too.

EQ
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks! That was a great read!

Back to top Go down
dancingdigits

dancingdigits

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:21 pm

My bad. I assumed he was drinking too much AT TIMES from a gossip site that mentioned he was pretty out of it when he visited a club in NYC where his publicity asst. wouldn't allow any photos. However, that doesn't mean he has a problem and I don't think he would be able to work as hard as he is now if he did.

Just wanted to clarify that.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:24 pm

I don't think she meant it directly towards you DD. It's all okay. Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 84883

But I do remember that particular situation that you're talking about.

There are a few others of us here who don't like the drinking either. So it's okay if you don't like that aspect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert Media   Adam Lambert Media - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adam Lambert Media
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next