Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!

Go down 
+7
canear
WISCathy
foreveryoung
teddyhugz
Sky
nouniness
Firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82371
Registration date : 2008-08-09

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Yeah, it's cringe worthy No You gotta wonder - if she were short, overweight and with short black hair if all of this would be happening for her Suspect

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas and Dave Mathews Band. If they wanted to play it safe and still go for art Dave Mathews Band would have been an excellent choice.

No, it is not right for people to hate on Taylor - but it is right to hate on how the Grammys have changed from rewarding the most musically artisitc with the most financially successful.

The article from The Chicago Trib puts it very well.

Taylor is a sweet and lovely girl who writes very well for her targeted audience. I stand by my opinion though that she can't sing worth a lick Razz

Thanks for telling me who else was in the category. I have never heard anything off of Dave Matthews cd, BLackeyed peas I have heard like three songs and Beyonce I think I have heard three of four songs. If I had to vote on who to give it to.

FC you did see where I pretty much agreed with the voice of Taylor. It is not strong. She is not a bad singer but not the greatest live for sure.

Shannon IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 223329 IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 852399
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42131

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:39 pm

You know there is another thing to look at here. She is an excellent role model for young teens. She writes and sings songs that they can relate to. Personally, I think it's wonderful there is someone like her out there to give teens a choice rather than someone like Kesha, for example, who is not setting a good example at all. Perhaps the Academy appreciates someone like Taylor, while not being the most gifted vocalist on the planet, is a young woman who appears to be a fine person to look up to.

I know many of you are Gaga fans but honestly, she freaks me out and I don't find her someone that I'd want my kids aspiring to be. I pray every day that Adam never takes it as far as she has.
Back to top Go down
nouniness

nouniness

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:42 pm

You make a good point, Canear. I wonder if Taylor wins awards more for her songwriting ability than for anything else. Of course, protools can make almost anyone's singing sound good ...
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Well, if being a good role model is going to factor into Grammy voting they might as well get rid of the Rap, Hip/Hop, Heavy Metal, Rock categories. And who decides who is a good role model? Will it be religious right who will see to it no gays are awarded??

Lord - I hope they are not basing music awards on that No

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
nouniness

nouniness

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Maybe she wins because she is selling a boatload of recordings and her songs aren't half bad. We don't get her, but maybe the teen crowd does.

Think about the Jonas Brothers. I find them awful to listen to, but the teen girls love 'em.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42131

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:05 pm

....and Justin Bieber. He's cute as a button. He'll probably win some next year. I still can't believe he's from a little hick town not far from me.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39748
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Again with the sales.......... IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
nouniness

nouniness

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Well, think about it, Teddy. If the awards were just for artistry and not really a marketing ploy, there would be no need to televise the show. That show is an opportunity for viewers to see who's/what's "hot" and presumably to buy them/it.

All these award shows are about marketing, imo, regardless of the genre--film, TV, theatre, music. At least the Grammy people put on one helluva show. Got to give them their due!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 7:23 pm

I completely understand why teens love Taylor and JoBros and Miley and Demi and Selena etc. Completely understand. I understand why they sell boatloads of CDs. For many of them though - it has nothing to do with talent. The Duffster was cute as can me and even I sometimes watched Lizzie Mcguire. Doens't mean they deserve awards. Lord know Duff can't sing! affraid

I remember a time when The Grammys did a lot for little known artists. I think if the winners now are based on sales and just who is popular now - that is just sad.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Firecracker wrote:
I completely understand why teens love Taylor and JoBros and Miley and Demi and Selena etc. Completely understand. I understand why they sell boatloads of CDs. For many of them though - it has nothing to do with talent. The Duffster was cute as can me and even I sometimes watched Lizzie Mcguire. Doens't mean they deserve awards. Lord know Duff can't sing! affraid

I remember a time when The Grammys did a lot for little known artists. I think if the winners now are based on sales and just who is popular now - that is just sad.

As I posted way way earlier. I do not believe it is with all the grammy awards just the one for ALBUM of The Year. I say that for the reason. All that were up for the award are good and liked by many people. Those 5 cd's were deemed the BEST of ANY in all genres for the year. So to figure out the winner I honestly feel they had to go to something that nobody could dispute and that is CD SALES. Everybody has different taste in music and say a few liked Dave Matthews, A few like Gaga a few like Beyonce and the list goes on. If the voting people aren't into a type of music I doubt they can say if the Cd is their choice to win. If they look at the sales for all that is nominated on that one all they have to do it put all their sales side by side by side and you have your winner which is Taylor.

Shannon IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 223329 IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 852399
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Woo nelly Miss Clarkson is pissed off. The Grammy drama continues.

Check this out ya'll.

What a douche this guy is.

http://mjsbigblog.com/kelly-clarkson-responds-to-taylor-swifts-label-chief.htm
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Kudos to her, that guy made a big mistake mentioning American Idol.

It is not AI fault that Taylor can't sing live.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Go Kelly. I like pissed off Kelly. This guy needs to step off. I understand he wants to defend taylor cause I have been doing that to cause I don't think she deserves the hate she has gotten over this, but him attacking the AI alumn is bull. I like Taylor but I know for a fact if she went out for AI she may make it into the top 12 but she would probably be Cannon fodder and most likely be out by top 9 or 10. She is a pretty girl so the guys would vote to keep her in a little longer. Her live performances are mostly wobbly so she would not be able to connect on most songs. This guy needs to apologize like big time for his major diss!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 5:13 pm

I LOVE pissed off Kelly.

This dude needs to step off his damn high horse.

David Cook responded to Kelly and told her he "loved it" as in loved her blog. M'thinks he was a bit pissed off too. Heck they all should be. This guy made a HUGE mistake attacking American Idol and all it's alumni. The majority of them are incredibly talented and not because they hit the high notes or even the right notes. Seriously. And did you not see HE himself was actually part of a singing competition too? I mean freaking really. His comment about the notes too shows you he knows Taylor can't sing to save her freaking life either. He was trying to defend her yet I don't think he did a good job of it at all especially when he was to diss a whole mess of people in return in order to do it.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 5:28 pm

In my opinion I think he made it worse for her. If I was Taylor I would be so embarrassed. A lot of the idols have met Taylor and really like her and she likes them. Hello AI girl Kellie Pickler is her freaking best friend. If I was Taylor I would tell that guy to apologize. What this guy did is just as bad as what the jerk Kanye did to Taylor when he ran up on stage and did his thing.

I am glad David told Kelly he loved it.

I think it was appropriate for Kel to do this she is the ORIGINAL and she was putting herself out there for all the idols who have gone on after her.

I am proud of her for sticking up for all the alums and Idol itself.

ETA: hello to douche guy not all the alumni go for the high notes Kris, Jason and Brook are three that come to mind!!!

Last edited by AngelWings on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Yep he made things that much worse for Taylor by opening his big mouth. He should apologize to her and everyone he attacked with his statements but unfortunately it's not going to change anything. The damage is done and no apology is going to take what he has done back. As far as I'm concerned if he were to say he was sorry he can take it and shove it up his because I don't want to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 3207

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:27 pm

Yeah, go Kelly! The guy would have been better off not saying anything.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:37 pm

I have always loved Kelly! She is always herself. Cool girl.

I think the problem for this guy is that everywhere I read and everyone I talk to in real life says "man, that girl cannot sing!" She herself has got to see it. It's everywhere. It would have been better to just let it go and not say anything. The Grammys are over and Taylor took home another wagon full of awards. They should just shake it off.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Awww. you all have to see this picture of Lady G. This was taken the moment she found out about her two Grammy wins. It is such a beautiful and simple picture of her. Made my eyes a little misty.

http://twitpic.com/11firi
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:19 pm

Wow she looks so vulnerable her emotions were so deep.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:22 pm

I know huh? She looks incredibly vulnerable in that picture. She's wearing her emotions on her sleeve and they are so raw and tangible. It's amazing to see her in that way.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:53 pm

That's a great pic of her. Wish she would let people see the real her more often.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Oh now I don't think that's fair to say at all especially when you refer to it as the "real" her. I think what we see on stage is HER. It's just an extension of her. It's the side of her that is creative and out there. It's her inner freak that she was never able to really show when she was growing up. It's the side of her that can only be expressed in that particular way. What we see of her on stage in all her bold craziness is just as much a part of her, a part of the real her as is the her we see in the picture above. I would never ever belittle her for any reason or say she isn't who she portrays herself to be. But I know what you were trying to say and understand. You want to see her without all the craziness. You want to see her plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 pm

Exactly I want to see her plain and simple. If I could see her doing this once and awhile maybe I would change my tune about her. I am willing to give her a chance but all I ever see is the crazy stuff. If I could hear one ballad from her with her in a nice plain and simple outfit where all I am focusing on her singing instead of the wild get up and the wild stage show.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next