Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!

Go down 
+7
canear
WISCathy
foreveryoung
teddyhugz
Sky
nouniness
Firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Adrift

Adrift

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2008-09-27

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Well here in the UK - I didn't see the awards, but did see clips on the news this morning! Did someone in the thread mention Subo???? ahh
Being a Brit...I want to apologise for sending her over there - !!!!!!!!!

Sorry FC...but I LOVE "Single Ladies" tease to the point I want Mum,Sis & myself to learn the dance routine for Mum's 81st birthday in April lol!

Lady Gaga's music is soooo infectious - even if she is a bit...err off the wall Wink

I also do like Pink...but she does remind me of the "older girl at the back of the school bus that scares you to death" even if she is younger than me :D

On the Taylor Swift front...errrr... don't even know if I'd know a song by her...but had to laugh at this.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8491061.stm

laughing

Good ole Brit newspapers...& shame for Taylor Bright!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Thank you for that apology, but you can have her back now............

Lady GaGa music is infectious. I would thing Lady GaGa would be more scary then Pink. Did you see Pink's performance last night? AWESOME!

I couldn't tell you one song that Taylor Swift sings...........not one.
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Well...on the Subo front...if it wasn't for Demi Moore (one of your lot)...oh yeah...& maybe You Tube...none of us would have been subjected to it! Wink So I think you should keep her there!!

Hmmmm...Pink V Lady Gaga...nope Lady Gaga would be the type at school I would have tried to get to know...being weird hehe....Pink would be very confident "experienced" older girl that would have shocked me when I overheard what she did the night before!

lol!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:35 pm

Firecracker wrote:
So then next year SuBo will rule the Grammys??? affraid

I do not think all are about sales just the Album of the year. I say this cause a couple years ago Vince Gill was the lucky country artist who had his amazing 4 set cd get a nomination for Album of the year along with Kanye and three others. My opinion is Vince should of won that award for that amazing 4 cd set. It was incredible. It had won Country Album of the year but not the huge one. I was like what the heck how did it not win? Well that year Kanye's cd did sell better than Vince's as did the one that won.

Taylor's cd has been selling like crazy with Lady gaga's right behind it.

Sales sounds like the way to go for that one.

Shannon IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 223329 IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 852399
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Adrift wrote:
Well...on the Subo front...if it wasn't for Demi Moore (one of your lot)...oh yeah...& maybe You Tube...none of us would have been subjected to it! Wink So I think you should keep her there!!

Hmmmm...Pink V Lady Gaga...nope Lady Gaga would be the type at school I would have tried to get to know...being weird hehe....Pink would be very confident "experienced" older girl that would have shocked me when I overheard what she did the night before!

lol!

Damn You Tube............................ IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 Kopfschuettel

I see your point.............Pink would be a bit more of a concern. GaGa is such a down to earth gal when not performing.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39748
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Once again screw album sales. It should be about art and creativity. NOT SALES!

Heck even Carly (from AI) tweeted last night and said she was surprised Gaga didn't win last night considering how talented and creative she is. She's such a polarizing person. Even Brooke was miffed about it too!

Ugh the idea of SuBo at next year's Grammy's makes me ill. Adam better be nominated and performing next time. If he's not....well we're just going to have to wait about that one.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82369

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Hey Drifty!!

Yeah, can we throw Subo back over the pond?? Please? praying

I think Pink would for sure be the scary bully girl at school! I love her anyway biggrin

GaGa would have been sitting at the lunch table with the freaks and geeks geek Or the artsy fartsy types Razz I probably would have liked her in school :D

Drifty - that mix up with the Taylors is a hoot!

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Gaga with her two Grammy awards.

http://twitpic.com/10vu2d

I just read a tweet made earlier on in the day from Adam and he said due to his hosting gig with ET on the red carpet he missed all the divas performances (Lady G & Elton, Beyonce and Pink) and had to youtube them later on. He loved them all of course.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Did you all see this???? Taylor broke one of her Grammys!!!!!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/how-to-break-a-grammy-award
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:25 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
Once again screw album sales. It should be about art and creativity. NOT SALES!

Heck even Carly (from AI) tweeted last night and said she was surprised Gaga didn't win last night considering how talented and creative she is. She's such a polarizing person. Even Brooke was miffed about it too!

Ugh the idea of SuBo at next year's Grammy's makes me ill. Adam better be nominated and performing next time. If he's not....well we're just going to have to wait about that one.

Remember Art like Music is subjective,(hope that is the right term to use)!!

Not everybody is going to like the same things and that is all I am going to say on this cause nobody's minds are going to be changed.

Shannon IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 223329 IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 852399
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:29 pm

Yes I know that........
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Okay what is going on with Carrie and Adam? Word is Carrie was dismissive to Adam and Adam dissed Carrie. I hope neither rumor is true cause that just would not be good for either of them! Both have huge fan bases and you don't want to be irritating either.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:56 pm

The only thing I can think of is that Adam wasn't too sure about her white dress she wore last night. He thought it was gorgeous but said during his "best and worst dressed segment on ET" that something about it was off and it didn't quite fit her like it should have. Maybe that's what people are talking about. I really don't think that's a big deal.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:02 am

teddyhugz wrote:
The only thing I can think of is that Adam wasn't too sure about her white dress she wore last night. He thought it was gorgeous but said during his "best and worst dressed segment on ET" that something about it was off and it didn't quite fit her like it should have. Maybe that's what people are talking about. I really don't think that's a big deal.

Okay I think I saw that but on Adam's forum people are thinking he did that to her cause she was rude to him. People put it as I said they said she was Dismissive toward him. I haven't seen any interviews so I don't know.

By the way I like what Carrie wore a whole lot better than what Brittany Spears wore. Brittany should get worst dressed hands down.

Have to ask this what was Adam thinking with that tie. That was not a good look for him.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:09 am

LOL Angel everyone has been saying that about the tie......

I don't think Carrie was dismissive toward Adam at all. I think it went over alright between the two of them. Videos are posted on the last page. I would suggest you watch them.

Oh and it's actually "Britney" not Brittany.

Adam gave worst dress to Miranda Lambert.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:17 am

teddyhugz wrote:
LOL Angel everyone has been saying that about the tie......

I don't think Carrie was dismissive toward Adam at all. I think it went over alright between the two of them. Videos are posted on the last page. I would suggest you watch them.

Oh and it's actually "Britney" not Brittany.

Adam gave worst dress to Mrianda Lambert.

I just watched a video and saw Carrie talking. I do not believe that Carrie was dismissive to Adam. She wasn't looking at him but he was not the one talking to her. Kevin was speaking to her so she was focusing on him. That is proper etiquette. I see she was nervous cause she kept doing the Blah blah blah stuff. I think adam's fans need to watch the video again and just chill she was not being rude to Adam.

Teddy I am not surprised people are talking about Adam's tie. It is ugly. Also I don't think his jacket fit well. His last two suits something has not fit him right.

I didn't like Miranda's dress but compared to Brittany's very ugly dress I would say Miranda looked better.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:23 am

I wouldn't even consider what Britney wore as a dress. I'm honestly not sure what the heck she was wearing.

There were a lot of pretty bizarre outfits last night.

Perhaps he didn't see Britney and if he did well my guess is he decided simply not to comment. Wise decision if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:32 am

BTW: I saw on twitter that Lil Rounds was involved in a lot of the Grammy events this past weekend. I'm assuming she was the show last night too.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:41 am

teddyhugz wrote:
BTW: I saw on twitter that Lil Rounds was involved in a lot of the Grammy events this past weekend. I'm assuming she was the show last night too.

Hey did you know that you have to pay to get into the actual Grammy's show. If you aren't nominated, Performing or presenting you have to pay to be in attendance. Kris mentioned that is one reason he decided not to go to the grammy's. He had rehersals, but he said that he wouldn't spend the money to go. He exagerated what the price would be but if he brought Katy he would of spent probably a pretty penny for the both. Adam got in free since he was doing corospondance for ET.

(To hear Kris speak of you have to listen to his radio interview I posted in his thread).

For Anoop and Matt I am trying to figure out if they paid or if someone paid for them to be there so they could rub elbows with important people.

Eta: I heard Alli wasn't at the actual grammy show either.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:45 am

Well Alexis Grace was there too if you didn't already know that.

I know I saw you talk about Kris saying that in his thread Angel. Like I said I'm busy doing other things right now. I'll save it for tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:02 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Well Alexis Grace was there too if you didn't already know that.

I know I saw you talk about Kris saying that in his thread Angel. Like I said I'm busy doing other things right now. I'll save it for tomorrow.

Hon that is cool I saw you were going to do that.

I thought I would post that info in here for people who don't go in the Kris thread. I think it is interesting and something I never knew so thought maybe others would think it was interesting.

ETA: If Kris was just Kidding about this,(some people think he is messing with people), he needs to tweet and let people know he was kidding. He hasn't tweeted for three days now so he is probably on a plane to the philipines. He has a morning interview on the 3rd there.

Cool about Alexis IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 Icon_flower

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 7:55 am

My comment about "art" had nothing to do with people's tastes or musical preferences. It had to do with The Grammys should NOT be about sales but about the art! The Billboards are strictly based on sales and that is fine. That is what they are for and about. The sales should not be a factor in what makes for "the best album" or "the best vocal performance". THAT should be about the art. Otherwise all wonderful and talented artists who are not as well known or popular with a huge push from a major label are automatically excluded from consideration and THAT is wrong.

A BEST album should be just that - a BEST album. Not a best SELLING album.

So that is what I meant. And frankly I don't believe for one second that artistically "Fearless" was the very best album put out last year. I doubt it was even the best country album.

I always assumed your label or management paid for you to attend the Grammys as a way to help promote you. If it is THAT expensive to go if you are not a performer or presenter than how could someone like Alexis Grace afford it? From what I remember she was a struggling single mom without a record contract.

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42131

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:12 am

Thing is it's all subjective to taste isn't it? Some no doubt felt she was the safe way to go because Gaga is too out there for them. A lot of people must have thought she had the best CD or Taylor wouldn't have won.

Gaga is not everyone's cuppa. She certainly isn't mine so I can understand why some would go Taylor's way instead of Gaga's. Might not be right or fair but it's the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:41 am

There were 5 albums up for best album - not just Taylor and GaGa.

Again, my point is not even about Taylor and GaGa or safe vs. "out there" (and frankly GaGa's performances and dress may be out there but her songs are NOT) my point is "art vs. sales". Angel said sales had a LOT to do with it = Taylor sold more than GaG. MY point is sales shouldn't be the deciding factor. Is it with the movies? Will Avatar automatically win best picture because it has sold the most tickets? Is so wouldn't that be sad?

If this is the case for the Grammys then will artists be writing what they think will sell the most rather than be more compelling or interesting or thought provoking?

So Taylor vs. GaGa is not my point at all.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:45 am

I am not sure what thread I read it in, but Angel posted about Adam and Carrie dissing each other.

First off - Adam just said he didn't like the fit of the dress so I hardly find that a diss. Cojo would have nailed her.

Secondly, about Carrie being dismissive - yeah, I sort of saw that. Her "blah, blah, blah, about a few topics came off as "can I just go now? I really don't want to be talking to you."

Thirdly, we only saw what was put on-line. There may have been more to their exchange.

Fourth - I would imagine that was a pretty awkward moment since Carrie has put down Adam more than once! And not at all nicely.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next