Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!

Go down 
+7
Adrift
aerwin
teddyhugz
AngelWings
horselaydee
Sky
Firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nouniness

nouniness

Number of posts : 976
Registration date : 2009-06-09

THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:28 pm

Glad you liked it, FC, and I'm glad we managed to keep it a secret. Not one leak on the internet.

Imagine that! THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82395
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Shocking I know!!! Laughing

THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 8:28 pm

nouniness wrote:
Quote :
Glad you liked it, FC, and I'm glad we managed to keep it a secret. Not one leak on the internet.

Imagine that! THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 Lol

I know! THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 Icon_lol Good will towards friends really isn't worth gossiping about I guess! THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 Icon_wink

Man, it is so nice not to have people here that like to stir up trouble and pit people against each other. We have a rare place here in cyberspace my friends.... THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 852399
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 3207

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Firecracker wrote:
I do too! I suppose you'd like it better Badger if it weren't Adam Razz

You know me well! LOL!

I think it's really a cool thing for someone who's an Adam fan like you though.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Yes HL - we are a rare breed here indeed! :D

Yes, I know you pretty well Badger Laughing

THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 10:32 pm

horselaydee wrote:
Angelwings, were the lights hard to get through the bottle top or did you drill a bigger hole in the bottom?

FC, That Rob is quite the jokester! THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 Icon_wink

I am thrilled you like your gift from us! It was a labor of love. You do so deserve it for all the work you put into the board and for being such a good friend to all of us.

I don't have the tool to drill a hole through the back which would of looked better, but It wasn't hard getting the lights through the top. It just took some patience. I say that cause you want the glow of the light in all areas so you got to make sure you aren't going to quick of stuffing them in the bottle where the lights get covered up to much. As I said I love it and it glows brilliant blue so I got most of the lights in great position in the bottle.

At work we had one of these bottle night lights but it was a green bottle with red lights in it and that looked gorgeous to.

Aww all this thoughtful talk is very cool it is group hug moment THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 Icon_santa

THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 87267

Shannon THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 223329 THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 852399

Last edited by AngelWings on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 10:50 pm

Thanks for the low down on how to do the lights Shannon! That sounds pretty easy, you just need a bit of patience.

Yes! I second a group hug! THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 90759

I think we definitely have the Christmas spirit goin' on! THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 324910
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 pm

THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 Pic%3Fid%3D2040ISWOHJ4hSBhgZg91EhA3MT*6ZMcCSaYKv4xQp5Fd3Ig%3D%26size%3Dm

I am definitely going to dig up a strand of lights to put down my huge blue bottle!

It kind of looks like this blue bottle, but it is not this wine, it has this shape and is quite large. I'd love to find this red bottle!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 1:03 am

Sky wrote:
THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 Pic%3Fid%3D2040ISWOHJ4hSBhgZg91EhA3MT*6ZMcCSaYKv4xQp5Fd3Ig%3D%26size%3Dm

I am definitely going to dig up a strand of lights to put down my huge blue bottle!

It kind of looks like this blue bottle, but it is not this wine, it has this shape and is quite large. I'd love to find this red bottle!

I want all those bottles. I think green lights would be awesome in the teal colored one and get some red ones for the red one. Sky white lights are fine for the blue bottle but if you can actually find blue tiny Christmas lights it will look fabulous I swear.

Shannon THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 223329 THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 852399
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39754
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 1:09 am

This lights in the bottle talk sounds like a wonderful idea. I sure would love to have one of those! I just know it would look so pretty.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 1:15 am

teddyhugz wrote:
This lights in the bottle talk sounds like a wonderful idea. I sure would love to have one of those! I just know it would look so pretty.

Teddy it is a wonderful idea and as I said before they are great as gifts and great for things to make your house look pretty. So affordable. Just get pretty bottle and Christmas lights and if you want to put a pretty bow on it then of course have to buy the bow. It is a steal for sure :) After Christmas sales are coming and Christmas lights go on sale for good prices so that is the time to go see if you can get some.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39754
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 1:19 am

Yeah I know. But it's really not something I would do myself. I'd love to have one I just know I'd never do it.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 4:51 am

Those bottles are so cool! I wish I had a great bottle to make a night light with! Hey, sounds like an excuse to go buy a cool bottle of "spirits"! Twisted Evil

Lots of hugging going on in here! grouphug

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 6:11 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Those bottles are so cool! I wish I had a great bottle to make a night light with! Hey, sounds like an excuse to go buy a cool bottle of "spirits"! Twisted Evil

Lots of hugging going on in here! grouphug

FC do it. The nicer bottles can get kind of expensive so really look for a bottle of spirits that you really like and that is a colored bottle. Some people have tried the lights with just a clear bottle and it is okay when they decorate the bottle to but it is not as pretty in my opinion. For sure get a pretty colored bottle.

I will add to the hugs some more THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 87267

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:28 pm

I have a beautiful decanter that my Aunt gave me many years ago (with matching glasses) that is a great shape - but it is frosted glass so I am not sure the lights would show through good enough.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Stick some in there and find out............clear ones maybe. I bet you'd get some kind of lighting from it!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:14 pm

The problem is the decanter is orange. Not very Xmasy Razz

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Then you could use it all year long!!! I think the frosted glass might be better. I put a strand of very mini lights down my bottle and you could see the lights, which I didn't like. The neck of my bottle is so narrow and long that it was a bit difficult so I didn't put all of them down.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:08 am

I like the shape of those bottles Sky. I did wonder about seeing all the cord though. I'm not too keen on that either.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:24 am

Firecracker wrote:
I have a beautiful decanter that my Aunt gave me many years ago (with matching glasses) that is a great shape - but it is frosted glass so I am not sure the lights would show through good enough.

FC that may be pretty. As Sky said try it out THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 Icon_sunny

Sky in my bottle you can see the lights a little but because they are blue lights in a blue bottle it is not bad at all. If they are the clear lights then yeah it may not look so good.

Quote: I like the shape of those bottles Sky. I did wonder about seeing all the cord though. I'm not too keen on that either. :Quote

If you have to put them through the top like I had to what I did to make sure you can't see the cord at the top is I put a pretty blue and silver bow at the top THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 Icon_santa

Last edited by AngelWings on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:26 am

The lights I tried were the mini LED lights and they were quite noticeable, maybe with bigger lights (which light up a lot more) would work differently. I will give it a try. The other thing would be to somehow camouflage the front of the bottle with a picture or something. I can't imagine stuffing the fiber filler stuff (which I can't find anyway! LOL) down the neck of the bottle!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Just in case anyone is interested in doing one of these Glass Blocks............Lowe's has them on sale!!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose until they're gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!   THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING GLASS BLOCK ADAM!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2