Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82344
Registration date : 2008-08-09

THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 7:09 am

So good!  LOVED the very ending!!  So glad they went that route!  Next week looks really good!

THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 6:54 am

CONGRATS to the cast on their big win last night!!  Well deserved!!  cheers

THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 3:58 pm

I loved last night's episode all about Beth!

Loved seeing her past/background.  Meeting her mom.  Seeing when she first saw Randall. 

The actress who plays Beth is gorgeous and such a good actress! 

Such a great show!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39741
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 11:10 pm

Last nights episode was truly wonderful!! One of my very favorites of the series! I loved seeing Beth in her younger form. The actress that played her had a very meaty storyline to conquer. There was a lot of emotion to portray and she did it magnificently. Everyone did a fabulous job!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 8:43 pm

Oh goodness.....

So upset about Kevin falling off the wagon....  No

And Kate!!!  Oh she just cannot lose the baby!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 11:51 pm

I so hope she doesn’t lose the baby.

I knew the result of finding and losing Uncle Nick would break Kevin. I’m just so sad that it has broken him so much. I hope he can get himself back together. It’s going to be tough though.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 6:30 am

Well, this show is a tear jerker.   I don't know when this series will end but when it does I sure hope it ends with everyone finding peace and happiness!!

I will not be able to deal with Kate and Toby losing the baby... No

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 7:34 am

Oh goodness last night was soooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 10:40 pm

Randall done messed up big time. That fight coming isn’t going to be pretty.

I loved Toby and Kate with the baby.

Loved the first dance flashback to when the big three were young.

Kevin still doesn’t know what he really wants. I fear his choice will come back to bite him.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 6:59 am

The whole episode was fabulous!!!

Kevin is a mess and I want him back with Sophie!  Not digging the current chick at all. 

I sang "You Are My Sunshine" to my boys every single day when they were little!  So that really moved me to tears.

Oh indeed there is going to be a big fight!!  But I see both sides.  I really do.  I don't put it all on Randall.  As an elected official he will have important obligations where she will need to be by his side.  She has to get that.  I see good in Beth and I see a real bitchy side too.

Next week looks to be all about them!!  It looks epic to be honest!

Oh - and I love when the flashbacks are to the younger actors (both sets) as they are fabulous little actors!  Especially the ones for Kate!!!!  And they could NOT have gotten two young girls to look more the part! 

Love this show!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 pm

Well tonight’s episode was spectacular if not heartbreaking. They both said some things they probably shouldn’t have said but yet at the same time those things still needed to be said. They could have certainly been said with more care and love but I think the brutally honest bluntness was necessary in some ways. Like you I do see both sides. Tonight’s episode really amplified those sides spilling more out too. There’s reasons to support and defend each one. You can’t say one was wrong and the other was right. They were both wrong and right together. Neither one of them makes it easy. I understand Beth has had to backseat a lot and she has been through all of Randall’s ups and downs. In her words she bent a lot and while he does always seem to say the right things sweet talking failing to realize he might be taking away from her or someone else she should have stood stronger sooner. I do feel what she last said about his panic attacks was indeed in the wrong. And his telling her she was 20 years too late was wrong too. I can hope that they will work through this but right now it’s not looking good. She has been a bit bitchy and difficult for a long time. I’m not sure which one I feel more for but I think I’m leaning towards Randall.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 6:55 am

It was indeed an excellent episode!

However, I am team Randall all the way!!

I always saw a bitch side to Beth.  You saw it when William lived there. You saw it when Kevin lived there.  You saw it with her cousin wanting to be with Kevin. And we have seen it with Randall before.

Last night we got to see it was there even on the first date. 

You know, when you have a career but you also decide to have kids there are sacrifices.  And yes, it is usually the mom who gives up her job.  As it should be.  Kids, especially little kids, will always want and need mom more. 

If you are a career woman and decide to have kids you either best make a lot of money for daycare (the more kids the more expensive) or be prepared to take a leave from work. 

If she didn't want Randall in politics she should have said so from the very beginning.  She supported that decision, he won now she has to deal with the obligations.

Randall is an excellent human being!  Always has been!  Always wanting to help people.  Always wanting to please people.  Always showing so much respect and love.

Nobody is perfect. Life is never perfect.  But she was damn lucky to marry that man.

I found her obnoxious last night.  Let's see how they work it all out.  But I lost some respect for her last night.

But to be honest, Beth has always been my least fave of the main core cast of characters.

Jack
Rebecca
Kate 
Randall
Toby
Kevin
Deja
Manuel
Beth - because I always saw the mean streak in her

Perhaps after all of this and they work it out we will see more of her better side.

But as always, the acting was suburb!

And young Beth was super cute! Laughing   And I have always loved teen Randall!

This is just an excellent show!!!!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 3:06 pm

After sleeping on it I do think I am way much more team Randall than Beth. Even last night when I wrote that post out I was very much more with Randall. I feel a lot of that is because of what you said above about him. Randall has always been kind and helpful. He is thoughtful and respectful. He just strives to do right and not only be good to everyone but to do good by everyone too no matter what. He loves everyone close to him with everything he has and than some. Anyone would be lucky to have someone like that.

Beth is very obviously a strong woman. She stands up tall and won’t let anyone deter her. She’s definitely not the king to allow anyone to pull a run around on her. If she was unhappy and didn’t want this or that she very well could have stood even taller and said so. She didn’t though. So it’s very much her fault for not saying something sooner.

Now I do think she deserves the chance to do what she loves. Dance is something that very much means a great deal to her. She gave it up as a kid and it’s about time she got to have it back. However, Randall shouldn’t have to give up his political career to make that happen for her. Giving it up would go against everything he believes in and that is not right. Not right at all. So I very much hope they don’t yank that away from him.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 3:45 pm

Indeed!  Because Randal didn't go into politics for fame or money or power.  He saw people in need and felt he owed it to them to do all he could.  Beth should be incredibly proud.

She could dance when times allows.  Now just might not be the best time to commit to teaching.  Or see if they could work with her on a flexible schedule.

It's tough but there are always sacrifices in a situation like they are in.  Politics can put you all over the map when it comes to time and places. She had to know that.   I sure would if Rob had decided to go that route!  And if he wanted to boy I would have spoke up ASAP because I wouldn't want any part of it!!!

I am sure the writers will find a way to work this all out.  I know they will not want to break this couple up and I feel they will want Randall to get to do good for those people.

Next week is the season finale I believe.  Man, this season went fast!

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 11:58 am

Oh the season finale last night was AWESOME!!!!!!!

The flash forward info was so good to see!!

Teddy - I don't want to say anything until I know you saw it!  So post your thoughts before I post mine!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 10:00 pm

I did watch.

Lots of twists and turns.

A lot of that fast forward was shocking.

Where are Kate and Jack? I know they are on the way but still. Are she and Toby not together anymore in the future????

How did Kevin end up with a son???? I knew he was going to be a father one way or another though! That not needing/wanting kids wasn’t going to last!

I had hoped Randall and Beth would work it out even though there are parts of her I don’t care for. I am glad she figured it out and found a way for them both to do what they wanted and needed. I really was afraid he was going to give it up for good. I would have been so mad if she allowed him to do that.

Deja’s long winded speech to Randall was pretty nice. But I do think she should have had a speech for Beth too. Why just him?

Where is Miguel???

What brought Nicky back into the fold??? I knew we would see him again. I just wasn’t expecting him to come in this particular way.

I loved the moment Rebecca and Kate had after the hospital. I hope they have more moments like that.

I’m very sad and heartbroken to see the state Rebecca is in in the future. It just doesn’t seem right nor fair.

I can’t believe they’re only going to make three more seasons of this fantastic show.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 6:58 am

I did not know they had decided on only 3 more seasons.  I guess they feel there is only so much story to tell regarding Jack and Rebecca.  Don't know...  hopefully they will change their minds.  But of course one issue is the youngest versions of Kevin, Randall and Kate.  They are not going to continue to look 10 anymore.  Perhaps they have already written and recorded scenes with them for the next 3 seasons.   I read they did that with the kids on "How I Met Your Mother".  They actually recorded that final scene with the kids several years before the finale aired.

Well, Rebecca is elderly so it makes sense they would have her in the hospital at that point.  We do not know yet what she has.  But from the way Randall greeted her I assume something with memory loss like dementia or Alzheimer. 

I always felt that flash forward at the end of last season was about Rebecca.  So no surprise there for me. 

I am going to guess that Miguel has passed away and Nicky came around to help out Rebecca. 

We knew from the finale last season that Toby and Kate were probably not together.  Toby got the call and he was alone in bed with no wedding ring and made some comments that lead you to believe he and Kate were done with.  Sad but true.....  I love them together so it breaks my heart.

I was so glad that Kevin and Zoey broke up.  I didn't feel she was right for him - especially when she was adamant about no children.   For now I am going to believe Kevin got back together with Sophie and they had children together!! Because that is what I want to believe biggrin

I was happy to see that Randall and Beth worked everything out!!  Oh Beth can be a bi-otch!  But she did good the other night that is for sure!!

I think the storyline next season regarding their move and his political career will be quite interesting!!

I think Deja is just more comfortable with and devoted to Randall so you felt he was the one she could discuss it all with.  And perhaps she sided with Beth on some of the issues.  I liked the way they handled it.  I have come to care about Deja a lot.

That was a nice moment between Kate and Rebecca!  I can see why Kate has some issues with Rebecca.  She can be a bit much.  But Kate can be quite difficult herself.  So easily set off.  So emotional and temperamental. 

Anyway - great episode as usual!  Now the long ass wait for the 4th season to begin.....  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 7:00 am

Oh my goodness!!

This show did not disappoint last week!!

At first I couldn't figure out the deal with all the new people - and then that ending!!!!!!!

Did you watch Teddy?  What did you think?

Boy did Milo and Mandy look gorgeous in that episode!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 1:55 pm

I did watch. I’m still a little confused on some of the newer faces but I know the grown up version of a jack and the waitress he fell in love with.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 6:55 am

I personally think that the BBQ at the end with Malik making the burgers is a flashback scene and that Deja is the mother of his baby.  The question will be "Where is Deja and why is she not raising her child?"

The Marine, Cassie, is going to end up with Kevin who comes to bail out Uncle Nick.  Is there already some connection with Uncle Nick and her husband being named Nick - I am not sure.

I have yet to see last night's episode so I do not know if there is new info on the new characters.  I will watch my recording later today or tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 7:58 pm

Another wonderful episode last night!!  This show is just too excellent!!!

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 6:17 am

So excellent last night!!

I was wrong about the baby.  Not Deja's.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 6:34 am

So so good last night!!  I loved when Kate and Toby took baby Jack to the beach!  Lovely scene.  His little feet in the water.

And Kevin buying the mobile home to live next to Uncle Nick....  sweet. Kev is really turning into a good guy.

The casting department did the most amazing job matching teens to adults!  The teen Kate looks exactly like adult Kate and the teen Beth now too!

This show is just the best!!

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 11:03 am

Oh last night was so excellent! I was in tears several times. Superb acting by Mandy Moore! That scene in the kitchen with the kids during the dinner party was soooooo good!

Wonder what the deal with Kate's teenage boyfriend is going to turn out to be....

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 6:30 am

Oh goodness last night's episode was just wonderful!!  So well acted.  Loved it!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER   THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

THIS IS US - BEST FAMILY DRAMA EVER
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: