Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14

Go down 
+6
canuckadamfan4eva
canear
teddyhugz
Spirit
Firecracker
Hathor
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Spirit

Spirit

Number of posts : 4465
Registration date : 2010-04-18

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 12:18 pm

Harry didn't yell. He didn't say Quentin should go home. He said Quentin could always go home, meaning if Quentin is so angry about his friends being in the bottom two, then he can carry himself on out the door. Quentin needed to be called out. He acted like an angry, confrontational, pissy baby, and that should not be overlooked. I think Harry is outspoken and honest. Maybe he does want Quentin gone, but he is too much of a professional to say anything he doesn't feel is true. If he finds fault in a performance, he is going to say so. That's his job. Anybody with anger like Quentin's is going to have a difficult life. He should not be given a pass for his behavior, and I thank Harry for having the guts to speak up.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82369
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 12:28 pm

Glad you finally chimed in today Spirit!  I am with you on Harry!!  I absolutely LOVE him!! 

If people want to say Quentin was just saying what he was feeling at the time - well, so was Harry.  He felt Quentin disrespected the show and he stated so.

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

Number of posts : 4465
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 12:49 pm

I'm glad Jennifer spoke up about the need to control his anger. She was way nicer than I would have been. Who does he think he is? Chris Brown?
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 1:33 pm

Kanye?  Laughing 

Sorry, there were some folks at ONTD who were calling Quentin Kanye so I couldn't resist.  

Well, it's just a shame it all happened.   What they should be talking about today is my girl Joey getting the boot!!  Evil or Very Mad

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

Number of posts : 21954
Registration date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Sorry saying Quentin is like either Chris Brown or Kayne is just despicable.

Sure you can think he shouldn't have spoken up.

But to liken him (who has been nothing but humble and nice)to Brown and West is just uncalled for IMO.

Is Harry bloodied and battered like Rhyanna?  NO

Did he hurl swears and thrust his middle finger? NO

Harry is an asshole IMO.  Ryan instigated and Harry wanted to make sure he was on live TV?

why would that be???  Oh gee any one can come to that conclusion.

Harry wanted to be cruel and slam Quentin on live TV.  

Wack is not FUCK YOU, Fuck the show.

Quentin will either be voted through or off.

But I can't condone likening him to Brown and West.

Don't like what Quentin said simple enough don't vote for him.

He is not the second coming of Satin.

No
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 4:48 pm

Nobody here is calling him Satan Suspect

And the folks at ONTD said Kanye because of the Taylor Swift/Beyonce thing were he was so upset his friend Beyonce did not win that he got up and took Taylor's award and said it was "wrong" Beyonce didn't win.  That was the comparison. 

And how to you know that Harry didn't ask if the live feed was on so that he could watch his language and be careful what he said??  

Quentin just should have chosen his words better.  Or expressed his feelings after the show.  Then none of this would have happened.   He probably screwed himself.  I can see him being bottom two and goodness if he is with Rayvon - well that is scary!

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39748
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:27 pm

Way to go Joey!!! Scott applauded Quentin and showed him support too over last night.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:31 pm

Joey has a lot of class and I love her.  And I would expect nothing less from someone who is BEST friends with someone than total loyalty.

That doesn't change everyone else's feelings about the situation.  All people are still entitled to their feelings and opinions.

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:50 pm

Yep and I have zero problem with you or Spirit not liking or accepting Q's exchange with Harry.

My issue was likening Q to serious thugs and A'holes Brown and West.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39748
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 8:46 pm

That Kayne moment was nothing like last night. Not at all.

I feel the comparison and insinuation of likening Quentin to either of those two, in any context, is both uncalled for and inappropriate regardless of the intent for saying it. Taking things in that direction is going too far and over reaching IMO. Perhaps no harm was meant? Even so Quentin isn't like either one of those two jerks.

I knew immediately what Quentin meant when he was asked by Ryan how he was feeling and what had him so emotional. Yes I know Quentin could have said it differently choosing his words more wisely. Yes I understand it coming across badly to some people. What comes across one way to someone might come across in a different way to someone else. I get that, I really do.

It really was such an unfortunate moment that got caught on camera or rather more accurately the way it all happened was unfortunate. I feel like the situation was further pushed and prodded more than was necessary. If Quentin could have handled it better so could have everyone else most notably Harry. Harry should not have did what he did. Period. Harry telling Quentin he could leave might as well have been "I want you to leave. You should leave.". That is what bothered me the most. I don't have an issue with him or anyone else mistaking what Quentin said to mean something else than what he really intended. What I have an issue with is the way in which the situation progressed in an incredibly unattractive unprofessional manner that resulted in dumping on a kid who didn't deserve it and was simply too overcome with emotion. It's not the first time on this show one of these kids was put through the ringer because they were on the edge with their feelings brimming over and then single-handedly singled out and exploited. Harry simply could have just asked what Quentin meant exactly to understand better. I am glad Quentin got the chance to explain for those who took his words negatively even if it didn't change the overall opinion on the situation as a whole.

I stand by Quentin and his feelings. I support him on the show and that will not change.
Back to top Go down
stanley2

stanley2

Number of posts : 6397
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 10:40 pm

Harry should not have said that Clark is the only musician. How insulting to every other person. Even if they are not "musicians" don't say it Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 4:44 am

Please remember to treat members here with respect.  That is my one main rule.  Spirit said what she felt and I won't have her dumped on with comments like "saying that is despicable"  or "uncalled for". She compared him to Chris Brown, that is how she felt or that is the name that came to her mind and she is entitled to say so here. 

I personally think a lot of the hatred here for Harry is equally OTT but you have been allowed to say it without anyone making you feel bad about.

I am about to put on my Admin hat (something I virtually NEVER do) and insist on an end to this discussion if it keeps up as it is getting really uncomfortable.  

So I am done with the topic.

AIH, I agree regarding the musician comment.  Not sure why he said that.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42131
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 7:02 am

I have to say I am not sorry to have missed all the drama!  Still haven't watched and probably won't have time to before the next show........and with the time I do have next week, I will probably focus on Adam appearances!  Hopefully one of them is on Idol!!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 7:38 am

I wish the drama never happened.  I hope future contestants learn from it.  I have always been in the "don't talk back to the judges" camp.   This is a competition where people vote not just on singing but likability.  Fair or not, it is true.  Always put your best foot forward.  Be respectful.  Don't create controversy for yourself because it can bite you in the ass.

Clark isn't just in the lead because of his singing and good looks.  He comes across as a sweet, kind, decent all American guy.  People eat that up!  Especially the demographics watching and voting. 

Giuliana Rancic thought she was just making a funny/joke comment on her show and now it has been weeks of hell for her since people took it wrong or racist etc.

Live TV people.  You have GOT to watch what you say and how you say it.  You have got to put your best foot forward - especially on a show like Idol.  Think of Miss America - does anyone really think those girls are all sweetness, innocent, God, peace etc as they come across on that show??!!  Laughing  But they want those judges to think so!  Keep your eyes on the prize when you are in a competition.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:05 am

Ask Adam about live tv..........the AMA's haunted him for years.......
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 am

FC, I respectfully disagree.  Saying something is whack is like saying it is crazy. Not that big of a deal.  
Scott, Keith, Nick, Qaasim and Joey have come out strongly saying they completely understood what Quentin meant.  Harry is the one who took it to a whole other level. Thankfully Quentin clarified.

Do I wish it never happened of course.  Do I think Quentin should be maligned by the public like a witch hunt NO.

Also you did appreciate Jess sticking up for herself last season.  Many found her facial expressions and snip remarks off putting.  You felt she was justified.
With Jess it wasn't just once but every week. Quentin has been humble and accepting every week, except this one.

Haley same thing for many.  I for one was happy she stood up for herself.

Q did not swear, raise his voice or get in Harry's face.  Yep his eyes were full of emotion. They always are.  

Chips/Votes will fall where they may.  Hailey outburst/anger/attitude got her to #3.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:39 am

Good points about Haley and Jess, Hathor.  Those are the exact reasons I was put off by them.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:47 am

Exactly!  On the spur of the moment he decides to go for shock factor and it cost him BIG TIME! 

Bing predictions this year and last year have been spot on.  They actually had Joey leaving and sadly she did.  They are predicting Quentin to go next or at least be Bottom 2.  Now that might have happened anyway as it appears Clark, Nick and Jax have a large and strong fanbase, and Tyanna had a good night the other night.  So who knows.  But IF Quentin does leave than he will have to live with wondering if he blew it because of the words "this whole thing is whack".   And walking right up to Harry's face looking pissed as hell.  Heck, we know from early season discussions people thought "he looked scary".  

And he can't count on Joey's votes because from reading around her fans are voting for Jax.  Many were voting for Joey and Jax and now will send all votes to Jax.  He won't get the casual viewers votes I am sure.  So he better hope his fans voted their asses off.

I was so pissed and upset Joey left I didn't vote.....  I lost my enthusiasm realizing she won't even get to go on the tour.  I am sure she was dying for that.  Plus the money would help get her and her fiance in better financial shape.  

Starting next week I will be voting for Jax solely.  I want to get her to the finals with Clark.

Hathor, I never found Jess or Haley to be outright disrespectful.  Not at all.  They didn't cause any big newsworthy controversy. Quentin didn't just show frustration at judges endless negative comments - which was what Jess and Haley were/looked upset about.  They simply could do no right.  And it is STILL better to not talk back to the judges.  No matter what.  Neither of them won did they.....  Those both were my picks.

But as Canear just said "She was put off by that".  That is what Quentin faces. People being put off by him.

Quentin's friends/fans can defend him all they want.  The problem is it will not sway the feelings of those who didn't care for his attitude or what he said.  Heck if you want I can bring a ton of posts over I read this morning stating so. 

I am not saying who is right or who is wrong in their opinions - I am saying he hurt himself by doing so and that is just the way it is.  Like with Adam on the AMAs.  Some people were turned off by him/what he did and there wasn't anything he (or his friends) could do or say to make those people feel differently.  No apologizing, no explanation.  The diehards stuck with him and he eventually gained new fans with the Queen gig and now may be on track for even bigger success.

Quentin's diehard fans will stick by him and vote hard for him.  Casual viewers/voters were probably not compelled to do so the other night.  If he is in the bottom 2 he will have to hope his fans tweet big time because Rayvon's fans have that tweet voting down to a science Laughing 

But who knows. Maybe he won't be in the bottom and all will be forgotten after next week's performances.

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:08 am

If Q is B2 he will go. I know that.

I also know many of Joey fans who have championed Quentin.
Quentin's twitter followers have gone up. Hopefully they all vote.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/1137/what-american-idol-mentor-scott-borchetta-expects-from-a-winner/

"Find the coolest artists and make the coolest records.' When you get it right, it's that easy." Alas One down only one to go"
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:25 am

Where does the "Alas, One down only on to go" come from??  I do not see it in the article and I don't get it shrugging 

Or is that your comment?  Joey gone and only one cool artist left (Quentin)?  I think Jax is cool so to me two cool artists are left.  The others? Not "cool"  Laughing   I just do not see Clark, Nick, Tyanna or Rayvon as "cool".  Talented yes - not particularly cool though.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:28 am

Oh, and sadly Twitter followers do not equal votes.  Some just follow out of curiosity.  Look how Adam had over two million followers when his last album came out and it sold very poorly.  So they followed him but didn't buy his album.

Sam and Alex had more followers than Caleb or Gina (or however she spelled her name) and they didn't make the finals.

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 4:09 pm

I know twitter followers mean nothing but Q's went up a lot.

One can hope and that is what I am hoping. shrugging

Yes that is my comment FC. Sorry I like Jax fine. But I find her contrived and not cool.

I think Nick has been coming on strong of late and I like him.

Clark and Tyanna not so much. Yes they can sing but I do not see star in either.

My opinion was Quentin and Joey were the most unique and with the most charisma.

This is subjective and just how I feel.

It will probably be a Jax vs Clark finale.

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 5:37 pm

throwconfetti  Yeah for Billboard

If Alexander is upset about the results, he should be allowed to feel that way and express it. Connick’s words were harsh and unfair, but hopefully they won’t sway voters.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/idol-worship/6531912/american-idol-recap-top-6-perform-american-classics?adbid=589209271495053312&adbpl=tw&adbpr=62988756&cmpid=social_publicity_Idol_20150417_43969116&short_code=2tnhi&utm_source=twitter

They also LOVED Quentin's performances.

Yeah Lyndsey #TeamQuentin

https://www.yahoo.com/music/things-get-really-wack-on-american-idol-top-7-116527736776.html

Scott and Jax's support Quentin. Hopefully America is reading.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/scott-borchetta-is-team-quentin-alexander-harry-speaks-out-video.htm
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Wonderful interview with Joey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW1taRG_Vww
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14
Page 13 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next