Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS

Go down 
+10
dancingdigits
stanley2
teddyhugz
zara
canear
Sky
WISCathy
foreveryoung
claytoncavaliers
Firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42050
Registration date : 2009-06-09

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:21 am

Well there is no use arguing with you. If this is what is called 'art' the world is in a sorry state of affairs (and that doesn't just go for Adam).

This is why I hate AI so much. You find someone like him projecting himself a certain way and you love him then this. I should have known better.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:33 am

Firecracker wrote:
And let me just add that for me when I say bad night I mean vocally and the falling while trying to pull too much off on such a big show. The sex stuff only bothers me in the way that it could hurt future opportunities. I myself wasn't offended and the kiss was HOT!

Ditto..............I wanted great vocals for him and good sound. He said it wasn't a fall that it was a planned trip. And, the keyboard player is NOT gay. I wanted everyone to love this performance, fans and nonfans, but I feel he may have lost some potential fans but he may have gained a few as well. The kiss was HOT!
Back to top Go down
zara

zara

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:43 am

Quote :
Well there is no use arguing with you. If this is what is called 'art' the world is in a sorry state of affairs (and that doesn't just go for Adam).

With all due respect, canear, people have been saying that literally for centuries with each new thing that comes along or each new barrier that is crossed. If it's not your thing, it's not your thing, but art is so subjective.

I'm actually glad to see somebody laying it all out there immediately post-Idol. Why waste time trying to be something you're not? Look at where that got Clay. If he had just gone ahead and been Andy Williams 2.0 right out of the gate his career might be in a better place now.

Quote :
This is why I hate AI so much. You find someone like him projecting himself a certain way and you love him then this. I should have known better.

That's how Idol is. It appeals to the mainest mainstream white bread America. I don't think it was him projecting himself a certain way so much as anybody who comes on Idol has to conform to a certain extent. It's a huge break career-wise but as we've seen, making a career strictly on what you did on Idol doesn't really seem to work for anybody. The key is translating that into what comes after and really not too many people have been successful. I have to give Adam credit for knowing who and what he is as a performer, even if it isn't to everyone's taste.

My husband went to bed last night right before Adam's performance so this morning I was telling him about everything and we watched it together and agreed that by glam rock standards it really wasn't a big deal.

And I think Adam is right about a double standard being in place.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82198

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:49 am

zara - I love you I love you You are so good with your words. Smart and well spoken. I am so thrilled you are here! *smooches*

Canear - it's not arguing. It's just an exchange of opinions here hugging I've said it before and I will say it again - even if you choose to not be a fan of Adam's - I hope you choose to stay a fan of this board and us and voice your opinion exactly as you feel! We love you and that won't change :D

Different strokes for different folks and I am damn sure Adam knows he isn't going to appeal to everyone and he never has.

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Glammelody

Glammelody

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:59 am

Our local "The View" type show with local news ladies is just roasting him alive. This is a conservative city but it does like it's music a LOTand are usually very tolerant. I would expect the sexual content of his performance not to go over well but his talent and vocal abilities are being joked about and in big question now. That is the sad part. NO ONE is hearing Adam. All they are seeing is the sexual content as a huge joke. This may be Adam but as a performer on TV it wasn't very smart for his very first national TV performance. I get it's him but it tanked badly.

GLam
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:04 am

Yes it did. Again, that is what bothered me so much. It NEEDED to be about the vocals and lord knows the man has killer vocals and he threw that all away in favor of the shock value. To be fair I think the nerves kicked in big time and the fall sent him completely off track.

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:33 am

Well good morning every one.

What a night................I was hoping to get up this morning after very little sleep last night and find out that it was only a nightmare, that it didn't happened, but it did so now we pick up the pieces and go on.

I am still very sad it was so heart breaking last night to see so little response
at the end of his performance, I bet you he was dismayed.

Canear love to you. AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 84883
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:39 am

Well, he did flip the bird at the very end of the song and I am sure a lot of people in the audience just went WTF??? I'm thinking the finger and the kiss was a shout out to the people (like OUT Editor) who says he hasn't been gay enough. I bet he was thinking "so, was that gay enough for you??!!" Razz

Let's hope tonight on Letterman he does really well. I betcha he was only supposed to sing at first (since most musical acts on Letterman don't get couch time) but just maybe after last night Letterman will want Adam to have a seat and "discuss". Laughing

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:15 am

BTW - for those of you who still care for Adam, please go to the People's Choice voting thread and throw some votes his way! :D

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:03 am

I just watched the unedited version and all I can say is: what was he thinking?

I know, Sex sells… but going too over the top or trying too hard to be controversial… just puts (alotta) people off.

I hope this doesn't backfire, RCA has invested tons of money on him, seems that last night everything that could go wrong with that performance did: the fall, the mediocre vocals and the extreme raunchiness at the end a total trainwreck.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:09 am

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 1

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:09 am

Quote :
It NEEDED to be about the vocals and lord knows the man has killer vocals and he threw that all away in favor of the shock value.

..and ^^^THAT is what is so disappointing to me. He is foresaking his talent. That song was never about the vocals so he never planned to sell the performance with his voice.

Quote :
With all due respect, canear, people have been saying that literally for centuries with each new thing that comes along or each new barrier that is crossed

..and look at the mess of the world. Call me intolerant if you must, but that kind of crap is not art. Art is his god given voice and talent. Making out with a keyboardist (who is straight none-the-less) is not art.

...what about that keyboardist? The kiss wasn't planned. Adam just grabbed a straight guy to lay a kiss on without his knowing? I truly hope that wasn't the case.

Ugh.......
Back to top Go down
zara

zara

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:33 am

Quote :
and look at the mess of the world. Call me intolerant if you must, but that kind of crap is not art. Art is his god given voice and talent. Making out with a keyboardist (who is straight none-the-less) is not art.

That was my point, canear, that art is subjective. What is art to you may not be art to the next person, so who gets to decide? IMO, the artist. They have to put it out there and the reception IMO is less important than the putting out there but that's just my take.

I think there's a subtext here though that is more about what is considered an appropriate level of sexual exhibitionism than exactly about what is art. I honestly think Adam's got a point; Madonna's been pushing this envelope for 25 years so why's it so shocking when a [gay] guy does it?

I don't think Adam is forsaking his talent. I do think perhaps his sense of aesthetics and what makes a polished performance is not quite up to the caliber of his vocal ability, but I think for Adam is it never, unless he does it to actually make a point artistically, going to be just about Adam just singing. I think the visual spectacle is a big part of who he is as an artist and a performer. He pushed it as far as he could on AI with wardrobe, etc.

Quote :
...what about that keyboardist? The kiss wasn't planned. Adam just grabbed a straight guy to lay a kiss on without his knowing? I truly hope that wasn't the case.

Well he didn't look like he minded... Wink

I'm not really getting why the keyboardist's orientation is relevant to the performance itself.

I don't mean to be glib, I guess I am just not taking any of this too seriously.

FC, thank you for the compliment! *blushes*
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 11:01 am

The keyboardist looks waaaaaaaaay ROck and Roll and I don't think he minded one tiny bit Razz Anymore than I would ! Adam, you can come and kiss me anytime!!

I'm going to turn all mama tiger if I read posts at places that call him a bad person. You can not like the performance, you can not think it is art, but one should not think he is suddenly a bad person.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 12:02 pm

Firecracker wrote:
BTW - for those of you who still care for Adam, please go to the People's Choice voting thread and throw some votes his way! :D

I still love this man and his ability to entertain........... Reading the reviews is depressing. I wasn't shocked by the performance because I had seen his preIdol shows and not much shocks me. I think I was more surprised that he chose TV for this production and the fact that his vocals were so off. I actually didn't enjoy many of the performances last night.....I did like seeing Adam perform and Lady GaGa, and what outfits her crew had on! I loved Alicia's jacket, just loved it!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 12:06 pm

zara wrote:
Quote :
and look at the mess of the world. Call me intolerant if you must, but that kind of crap is not art. Art is his god given voice and talent. Making out with a keyboardist (who is straight none-the-less) is not art.

That was my point, canear, that art is subjective. What is art to you may not be art to the next person, so who gets to decide? IMO, the artist. They have to put it out there and the reception IMO is less important than the putting out there but that's just my take.

I think there's a subtext here though that is more about what is considered an appropriate level of sexual exhibitionism than exactly about what is art. I honestly think Adam's got a point; Madonna's been pushing this envelope for 25 years so why's it so shocking when a [gay] guy does it?

I don't think Adam is forsaking his talent. I do think perhaps his sense of aesthetics and what makes a polished performance is not quite up to the caliber of his vocal ability, but I think for Adam is it never, unless he does it to actually make a point artistically, going to be just about Adam just singing. I think the visual spectacle is a big part of who he is as an artist and a performer. He pushed it as far as he could on AI with wardrobe, etc.

Quote :

Well he didn't look like he minded... Wink

I'm not really getting why the keyboardist's orientation is relevant to the performance itself.

I don't mean to be glib, I guess I am just not taking any of this too seriously.

FC, thank you for the compliment! *blushes*

Zara.................... AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 688203 You said it so well. EXACTLY!
Back to top Go down
zara

zara

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 12:43 pm

Thank you Sky.

I came over to tell you guys, at one of my other main boards, a figure skating board where there are some tough cookies, the reaction is mixed but nowhere near the level of disdain I am seeing on the Clay-related boards. So just thought I'd throw that in there by way of giving a more real-world idea of what the reaction might be.

Also, it appears that last night's performance is calling a great deal more attention to Adam's Letterman appearance tonight. I hope he's all there vocally so he can show another side and keep people guessing and talking.
Back to top Go down
Glammelody

Glammelody

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:02 pm

Where are we putting our views on the cd itself FC? I'm getting off this performance because I just don't see it's context with a very good/beautiful cd. Why TPTB and Adam thought so will always be a puzzle to me. There are so many more worthy songs on that cd.

Glam
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:04 pm

You can put it in Adam Music News and Tidbits or I could make a special thread for it if you think that would be better.

I agree - it's time to move on from this.

Back to top Go down
Glammelody

Glammelody

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:08 pm

I'll put in news and tidbits.

Glam
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:22 pm

Firecracker wrote:
You can put it in Adam Music News and Tidbits or I could make a special thread for it if you think that would be better.

I agree - it's time to move on from this.

Some haven't had the opportunity of commenting yet FC. Where is it to move on to?
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:38 pm

I just meant Glamm and me. We are ready to move on. The thread is open and stickied so of course others are free to continue to comment. Not sure who here hasn't commented yet though shrugging Heck - we even had Horselaydee in here! Laughing

Last edited by Firecracker on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Firecracker wrote:
I just meant Glamm and me. We are ready to move on. The thread is open and stickied so of course others are free to continue to comment. Not sure who here hasn'y commented yet though AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 633816 Heck - we even had Horselaydee in here! AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 Icon_lol

I don't believe NN has been on and I'd like to hear more on what teddy and Angel have to say.

This has been a real kick in the stomach for me. I expected that last night could be risque but not what it was. It's hard to get my head around how I'm really feeling because I'm just so disappointed in him right now.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:06 pm

I think it has been a kick in the stomach for many fans. Again - I was only commenting back to Glamm about US moving on. I will try very hard in the future to be more careful how I word my posts. If I meant we ALL were done and time to move on I would have locked the thread.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next