Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS

Go down 
+10
dancingdigits
stanley2
teddyhugz
zara
canear
Sky
WISCathy
foreveryoung
claytoncavaliers
Firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264
Registration date : 2009-06-09

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:20 pm

Sky I enjoyed reading that review this morning, the comments were mostly positive except for one or two the rest were 100% positive and very up beat.

I wondering what is going on on Adam's mind this morning specially after not getting the warm reaction that he was hoping for from all the people in the audience, that must have been a little chocking to see so many people just staring at you.

I was astonished by the little clapping at the end, not what we all were hoping for him to blow off the roof of the building.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 81990
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:22 pm

I enjoyed that review too!

Like I said - I have no idea why he flipped the bird at the end - but can you imagine standing there ready to applaud for someone when they are done and as soon as he is done singing he gives that look and the finger?? I can only imagine how taken aback they all were by the whole dang thing.

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
nouniness

nouniness

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Okay, so here's my two cents. I only saw the performance on the internet, so I'm sure I didn't get the full impact. IMO, it was OTT--and I guess that's a mild statement, lol. Does it bother me? No. I like the way Adam sings. I'm not invested in him otherwise (I refuse to ever do that again). If I don't care for a performance, I won't watch. If I don't care for a song, I won't listen.

What's interesting is that Adam is turning out to be polarizing. Hmmm. Where have I heard that before? AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Icon_wink

As you know, I don't like the song "For Your Entertainment," and the message I hear in the song is exactly what Adam portrayed on stage. So, no, I didn't care for it. But it certainly isn't causing me any undue stress or a desire to walk out. He's an entertainer, not a prophet. I can deal.

I'm old enough to remember the brouhaha over Jerry Lee Lewis back in the day. He certainly raised a few eyebrows! lol

It keeps us talking, doesn't it? Maybe Adam is smarter than we thought. AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Icon_wink

ETA: I just saw the Getty Images pic of Adam giving the finger to the audience. That did not look scripted. I think he was pissed off for real. Did the audience sit on its hands after the performance? If so, it explains a lot.

I dunno. An artist who aims to disconcert has to expect that not everyone will like what he does, and disliking the performance doesn't mean that the dissenters are homophobic, just as not liking Kanye West's outbursts doesn't mean that one is prejudiced against black people.

Last edited by nouniness on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:36 pm

Firecracker wrote:
I enjoyed that review too!

Like I said - I have no idea why he flipped the bird at the end - but can you imagine standing there ready to applaud for someone when they are done and as soon as he is done singing he gives that look and the finger?? I can only imagine how taken aback they all were by the whole dang thing.

That was openly shown? Because I didn't see it, just the look on his face. AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
zara

zara

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm not seeing where Adam got a "tepid response" or didn't get a standing ovation or that the audience was shocked into silence (as was gleefully reported at a few other Clay-related boards). I thought I saw everyone already standing, a few people applauding before the end of the performance, and a moderately loud cheer afterward. I can't possibly imagine that Adam was looking at some kind of response from the audience that was upsetting. It seemed normal to me.
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 4:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE itxtvisited="1">

http://top40.about.com/b/2009/11/23/adam-lamberts-ama-performance-part-of-a-long-standing-vital-pop-rock-tradition.htm

This was an interesting post by a guy who often comments on AI</BLOCKQUOTE>

“Last night Adam Lambert achieved the top goal of most highly successful entertainers. He captured our attention and forced us to talk about him. At the moment his music itself is not that important. His audacity at pushing our boundaries is. Thank you Adam, and welcome to the pop big leagues.”
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 4:20 pm

People were already standing while he was singing. I think they stood through most of the songs - except maybe the slow ones. The AMAs are all about dancing and having a good time. It is not a "formal" type of award show.

Good outlook NN!

Zara - I am seeing more of that reaction at other boards too. Some were like my mom and really liked it!

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 4:21 pm

FY - I love that post!

Back to top Go down
stanley2

stanley2

Number of posts : 6397
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:20 pm

My husband liked it. He said that Janet Jackson and Shakira did worse. If you want someone wholesome., be a fan of Taylor Swift, he said!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:25 pm

HAHA! Don't get me started on Taylor Swift! Beating Lady GaGa for Artist of the Year! affraid Please - the girl can't carry a tune in a bucket with two handles No

I just talked to my mom again and she thought it was hot! Totally cracks me up! She hated all the women performers though - except for Carrie. She likes Kelly's voice but thought "she looked like shit!" I told you mom was brutal Razz

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 41957

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:31 pm

adamishot wrote:
My husband liked it. He said that Janet Jackson and Shakira did worse. If you want someone wholesome., be a fan of Taylor Swift, he said!

....but I don't want to be a fan of Taylor Swift......and I can't be a fan of OTT Adam. So what's a person to do.
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Quote :
HAHA! Don't get me started on Taylor Swift! Beating Lady GaGa for Artist of the Year! AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Affraid Please - the girl can't carry a tune in a bucket with two handles AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Kopfschuettel
I think all this is a reaction to the Kanye West thingy and people voting for her, for heavens sake she is not that good. AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
nouniness

nouniness

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:39 pm

foreveryoung wrote:
Quote :
HAHA! Don't get me started on Taylor Swift! Beating Lady GaGa for Artist of the Year! AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Affraid Please - the girl can't carry a tune in a bucket with two handles AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Kopfschuettel
I think all this is a reaction to the Kanye West thingy and people voting for her, for heavens sake she is not that good. AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Icon_rolleyes

These award shows are nothing more than a couple of hours of solid advertising. That's about it. Taylor Swift, Artist of the Year???? AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 539175
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Quote :
....but I don't want to be a fan of Taylor Swift......and I can't be a fan of OTT Adam. So what's a person to do.

Well canear we sure have a dilemma here............ AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 14362
Back to top Go down
zara

zara

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Are the AMAs still all about record sales or is there a fan voting component in every category as well?

Taylor Swift moved a lot of albums this year. I think she has catchy songs and is a talented songwriter for her age, but isn't a great singer and takes herself a bit seriously in the "I am a Rock! Star!" department to the point that I sometimes find her uncomfortable to watch. But she seems like a nice girl and I find her likable.

I think Lady Gaga is fascinating and I think she made a much bigger creative splash this year than did Taylor, for sure.

What I found interesting is Taylor being on a roll winning up all the awards that Carrie Underwood used to win.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:51 pm

She is beating Carrie because she is the new pretty blonde of favor. Soon it will be another pretty blonde country girl.

Zara, I think records sales is what gets them nominated and voters pick the winners and lord knows tweens are keen on that! Every tween girl in my neighborhood is a Taylor fan and I am guessing they voted their fingers to the bone. Lady GaGa probably doesn't have fans who care about voting for the AMAs. We will see what happens at Grammy time when artists vote for other artists. Should be interesting.

Canear - there is always Susan Boyle :D

(she is killing everybody in record sales for next week anyway. She is even going to beat Carrie's first week numbers. I do not get her appeal at all Evil or Very Mad Listening to her would be my version of water boarding affraid )

Last edited by Firecracker on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zara

zara

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Thanks for the info on voting, FC. My almost 11-year-old son likes Taylor too. :)

Quote :
Listening to her would be my version of water boarding

LOL, I agree. I have a hard time seeing what all the fuss is about. She seems an emotionally frail person to me, I hope she can survive the industry.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:01 pm

So true. There is video of her having some kind of melt down after her performance on the Today Show this morning. I saw it. Plus she had lots of problems during her run on the show in England and missed a ton of tour dates. This should be interesting to see how she handles this all. Not sure what her problem is - but there is some sort of emotional problem for sure.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:06 pm

The audience wasn't silent, but quieter than I had wanted. You are right, almost everyone was already standing! Ha, they probably didn't want to miss anything.........okay I'm bad. I just don't get 'flipping' off .........who, why? Part of the entertainment maybe?
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:12 pm

zara wrote:
Quote :
I'm not seeing where Adam got a "tepid response" or didn't get a standing ovation or that the audience was shocked into silence (as was gleefully reported at a few other Clay-related boards). I thought I saw everyone already standing, a few people applauding before the end of the performance, and a moderately loud cheer afterward. I can't possibly imagine that Adam was looking at some kind of response from the audience that was upsetting. It seemed normal to me.

Well if flipping the bird was just part of the end of the performance, I really don't get it at all then. I tend to agree with nouniness's (sp? ) interpretation that he was pissed off at the luke warm audience response or if not that he was pissed off at something. AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Icon_eek Throwing a temper tantrum on national tv is very extreme and troubling. I wonder what Adam's excuse or explanation for the finger incident will be. Please don't let him start accusing people who did'nt care for his antics and less than stellar performance as being racist against gays.... AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 223329
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Yes, I watched my tape again tonight after all the kids left. First off - in re-watching it, the vocals were not as bad as I thought they were last night. Maybe my expectations were way to high last night for his vocals. I paid attention to the audience and they were indeed all standing already and he did get cheers when he was finished. But yes - not what we would have hoped for. I myself wish somebody on the entertainment shows had asked him last night what was up with flipping the bird. I would just love to know what it was about and who it was directed at. Just really curious.

I certainly didn't see a "temper tantrum on TV" Shocked

Nobody watching it on TV would have even known about the finger if it were not for the Getty Images from the show because the camera was up on his face not his hands. You certainly would have had no idea he was upset about anything when he was finished.

Back to top Go down
zara

zara

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Quote :
Well if flipping the bird was just part of the end of the performance, I really don't get it at all then. I tend to agree with nouniness's (sp? ) interpretation that he was pissed off at the luke warm audience response or if not that he was pissed off at something. AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Icon_eek Throwing a temper tantrum on national tv is very extreme and troubling. I wonder what Adam's excuse or explanation for the finger incident will be.

I have no idea who he was flipping off. I thought there was kind of an awkward pause between the end of Adam's performance and Ryan closing the show and I wondered if the audience were trying to figure out who he was directing that at, LOL. I guess I would find that unpleasant if he were flipping off the audience for their response but I don't even have a sound theory.

Quote :
Please don't let him start accusing people who did'nt care for his antics and less than stellar performance as being racist against gays.... AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 223329

Racist against gays?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:39 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Yes, I watched my tape again tonight after all the kids left. First off - in re-watching it, the vocals were not as bad as I thought they were last night. Maybe my expectations were way to high last night for his vocals. I paid attention to the audience and they were indeed all standing already and he did get cheers when he was finished. But yes - not what we would have hoped for. I myself wish somebody on the entertainment shows had asked him last night what was up with flipping the bird. I would just love to know what it was about and who it was directed at. Just really curious.

I certainly didn't see a "temper tantrum on TV" Shocked

Nobody watching it on TV would have even known about the finger if it were not for the Getty Images from the show because the camera was up on his face not his hands. You certainly would have had no idea he was upset about anything when he was finished.

So it wasn't shown on TV but in a Getty image? I must go try and find it.

No temper tantrum, I think the look was part of the role from the performance.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:55 pm

What I meant about racist against gays refers to the comment about the "double standard" in the industry that Adam referred to...hopefully he won't play that card.

If the finger was just part of the show, it appears Adam may be trying to push the rock n' rock persona image. The irony is that "For Your Entertainment" is a sexy techno pop/rock song, not hard rock at all. Maybe he was trying to make it more edgy for the show...
Back to top Go down
zara

zara

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:01 pm

Quote :
What I meant about racist against gays refers to the comment about the "double standard" in the industry that Adam referred to...hopefully he won't play that card.

Oh, well, I think he does have quite a salient point there. Britney/Madonna kissing is still brought up as a "best of" moment from the VMAs and lots of network shows have shown that moment in retrospect...so why does a male/male kiss have to be censored? I think that's an excellent point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS  - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next