Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Made You Smile Today ?

Go down 
+11
teddyhugz
wm7ca
Fang
Lau
horselaydee
janice
Adrift
aerwin
Firecracker
Sky
RoseCandle
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Adrift

Adrift

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2008-09-27

What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 4:07 pm

Had a call from my sister about 2 1/2 hours ago to say she had arrived safely at San Fransisco Airport :D
She's having a 2 week holiday in the US - leaving the men folk at home to cope for themselves What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 3152
& boy does she need a break!! I spoke to her on Friday & she was convinced that she wouldn't manage to go (you know the ..."noooooooooo you go...& have a great time" when it was initially arranged...then the being so unhelpful as she prepared them for the shock of her not being there running around after them for 2 weeks Evil or Very Mad ) Well she is there YAYYYYYYYYYY!!...Sooooooooooo if any of you ladies bump into a woman wearing the "Drifty's Sister" T shirt I made her wear...please take good care of her What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 251816
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 4:14 pm

I will surely look for her IF I get to San Francisco! Which, by the way, is hightly unlikely! Where all will she be going while in the US?
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 4:30 pm

Sky wrote:
I will surely look for her IF I get to San Francisco! Which, by the way, is hightly unlikely! Where all will she be going while in the US?

I feel like singing the song by the Flower Pot men What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 203740
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jotsFVJPHIk

She has gone with a couple her & her husband are good friends with - their son lives in SF. They are off to Las Vegas for a couple of days....errrr...then all I have is a list of various numbers I can call her on in case of emergency!

I just hope she has a great time - she deserves it

(wish I was with her coz I'm bloody What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 Thfrio )
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 5:17 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

She will have a great time!! San Francisco is beautiful and Vegas is lots of fun!

I wish you had gone with her too...........
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 7:24 pm

San Fran is a fun town with tons of character, great food and art.

I bet your sis will have a blast there and of course there is no place like Vegas...and it will be warm there!
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 5:05 pm

Well I'm still What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 Thfrio & thanks for the comments What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 Group_Hug_Emoticon

My Sister (& my Mum) mean the world to me - & my Sis really deserves to have a good time, been through some crap over the years! (think it's a family trait Wink )

Makes me feel happier that you all think that she will have a great time - you being natives :D (in the nicest possible way - of course!)

I'll let you know how much money she loses at Vegas! (Actually she will be after every Elvis look alike - she LOVED Elvis!) What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 3152
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Oh well, if she's after Elvis look alikes, you may not see her for a while........there's lots of them in Vegas!
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Good grief!!...I'll come over there looking for her before I have her husband & son turning up on my doorstep demanding a dinner because they have run out of "prepared" dinners!!!!

I love my sister....BUT........... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:01 pm

I just love your humor! Tell her hubby and son, to eat slowly........................ Or start preparing some 'prepared' dinners for them! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 7:53 am

Cute little story that made me smile...........

Taking my 3 yr. old grandson to preschool and we're waiting for the door to the classroom to open and a little girl, (a classmate) came in and said "Hi, Nathan" (to him) and then turned to her Mom and said "that's him!". The story was, the previous day she had fallen and hurt her knee and was crying, so Nathan bent down and told her "I'll kiss it better" and proceeded to kiss her knee.............

This GS is my warmest, most caring, most openly loving of my 4, but...........I think he is the most stubborn.
Back to top Go down
horselaydee

horselaydee

Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 7:55 am

Adorable! I think I'd gladly take the stubborn with such a loving, kind nature!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 8:16 am

Me too! Sometimes I think that somewhere in his memory is the memory of the 'scoping' of his knee and knee pain for Juvenile Rhuematoid Arthritis and the surgery for 'trigger thumbs', when he was two.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82401

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 8:30 am

Aw, that is such a sweet and beautiful little story! God bless the little darling! I love you Poor little guy with the JRA troubles :(

What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
RoseCandle

RoseCandle

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:15 pm

A friend and I visited an elderly friend in a home
this afternoon. We were sat in a lounge where the
tv was on and there was kids programmes on.

The 3 of us were talking about the kids programmes
we used to watch as youngsters and had a laugh about
a couple of them.

Did you get Andy Pandy in the USA by any chance ?
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:24 pm

Sky!! Your GS sounds such a little sweetie!!!!! :D

(Btw RC my favourite was Tinga & Tucker the 2 Kaola bears...) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:53 pm

I never heard of Andy Panda or Tinga and Tucker No But I love Koala bears so I am sure I would have bee crazy about that show!

What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
RoseCandle

RoseCandle

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:04 pm

Adrift wrote:
Sky!! Your GS sounds such a little sweetie!!!!! :D

(Btw RC my favourite was Tinga & Tucker the 2 Kaola bears...) Laughing

I don't remember Tinga & Tucker - I do remember
Bill & Ben (the flower pot men) & The Wooden Tops Laughing

FC - it's not Andy Panda - Laughing it's Andy Pandy Laughing
and he had a friend called Teddy (a teddy bear) and at
the end of each programme they would jump into a big
toy basket together.

Apparently - the programme was deemed unsuitable for
children because Andy Pandy and Teddy jumped into that
basket together. Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:12 pm

Hehehe I like Andy Panda better Laughing - don't forget Looby Loo too (she obviously didn't trust Andy & Teedy though...coz only came out when they weren't around)

OOOOOOO I just had a sudden thought...Andy is Looby in his "other life"

*Drifty thinks she need a holiday - "cross dressing puppets"?????* What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 799128
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:18 pm

Oops! Embarassed

Well, I am surprised our little ones can watch Sesame Street because Bert and Ernie live together! My hubby has long believed they are a gay couple Shocked

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 3:32 pm

LOL! I never thought about Bert and Ernie that way......it's a possibility!
Back to top Go down
RoseCandle

RoseCandle

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 8:24 am

This lovely Christmas theme made me smile FC ! 🎅
It's gorgeous ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 8:36 am

Oh thanks so much RC!! I am so glad it made you smile! I love it too!

Back to top Go down
Adrift

Adrift

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 1:11 pm

Well my sister is home from SF - & absolutely loved the whole holiday! :D
She found Vegas "unreal"....& has collect a few leaflets to give to her husband & son...showing them what they could get for their money What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 Th3152 & intends to take the leaflet advertising "larger ladies - more bounce to the ounce" to work - & demand a payrise! (My sister is a larger lady) I did wonder if she would run off with an Elvis impersonator What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 Elvis(She LOVED Elvis)
She had a wonderful Thanksgiving too - obviously not something we celebrate here - but she enjoyed every minute of it (um...pumpkin pie was mentioned a lot at that point)

She got home to find the house still standing hehe - & my nephew even gave her a cuddle saying he missed her - she was Shocked so asked why...& he said he missed talking to her! (in his case talking = grunt, he is a teen Wink )

I'm soooooo happy she had a good time - she deserved it
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Sounds wonderful Adrift!! Glad she had a great time and got to enjoy some of our Thanksgiving traditions! It is a wonderful holiday! Pumpkin pie is quite a fave over here.

So surprised she didn't hook-up with an Elvis - but then "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" Wink

Aw, how sweet her son missed her! Teens grunt?? I wouldn't know anything about that Rolling Eyes Razz

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 1:46 pm

Adrift, I am so glad your sis had a wonderful time and got her much deserving time away! Vegas is indeed an experience!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Made You Smile Today ?   What Made You Smile Today ? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Made You Smile Today ?
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next