Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR

Go down 
+7
Badger
canuckadamfan4eva
teddyhugz
Spirit
Hathor
canear
Firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Hathor

Hathor

Number of posts : 21954
Registration date : 2013-04-08

SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:46 am

Lily should have been booted. Her performance was dated and the weakest.

I agree FC she is NOT marketable. Very Old School.

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 pm

Sorry for Simon but his show is really sagging on the ratings, last night it only managed to get an audience of a bit over five millions, even the biggest loser beat it ouch.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82401
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 6:15 pm

I read it was less than 5 million. 4.72 million.  Pretty bad.  But honestly, the show stinks and the talent is nothing compared to The Voice.  The judges are nowhere near as appealing as on The Voice and the shows were on at the same time so it is no surprise the ratings were so low.  Not sure how Simon is going to turn this show around shrugging

SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42155

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:16 am

Different strokes I guess.  I watched The Voice this week and didn't care for the format at all.  I don't care for Paulina as a judge but the rest are fine..........and Mario drool2  makes it all worthwhile for me.  He puts Carson Daly to shame.  

That said they had some issues last night, just what they need.  No 

Quote :
A lot of you noticed there were some problems with the voting numbers at the end of the show tonight…you were right! There was an issue so everyone has to sing their save me song live tomorrow and America will vote on that performance. Mistakes happen. But now I have 24 hours to prepare my groups for tomorrow night. Let’s hope they all deliver. Now they will understand what pressure means. It’s happened once before. It’s live tv. You have to deal with it, tough for the contestants though. But you have to dig deep and deliver. And for a couple of contestants they must be thanking their lucky stars they get to sing another song tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:55 am

Well, at 9:00 our time I switched the channel to FOX and I caught the recap of all the performances.  Dated music, dated arrangements and nobody that interesting singing at all.  This is simply a boring group of contestants doing boring old songs.  Jeff?  That little bit I saw made me cringe.  I doubt he liked it either.  

I love Rion's voice, but not going to lie, watching her is uncomfortable.  That said, she is the only one I would care to see win.

Man, I could not disagree with you more regarding the judges.  I only like Simon and there is talk he is leaving the show after this season.  Might as well just cancel once Simon goes.  I am sure the small viewership they have watch mainly for Simon.  

Love Idol - but this show needs sooooo many changes to work.

SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:47 am

I was glad that Levi got the wild card!!

That said it is a good thing that a sing out is required because some of the binkies sucked.

Restless Road being top of the list.

FC, I loved Jeff Gutt

I loved his rendition.

But I HATE themes!! Motown? Really???? It was great in the time but it is no longer relevant.

Those I liked;

Carlos,

Alex and Serrera

Ellona Santiago ((awesome))

Josh Levi

Rion

Worst

The above mentioned Restless Road

Carlito Oliveria

Tim Olstead

Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:09 am

Do you think any of them have the real X-factor to make it?  To me, Jeff just looks mean shrugging Not saying he is, but he has a mean looking face.  I sure don't feel warm towards him.  

All I can say is the recaps sure didn't do anybody any justice then because I didn't see anybody that made me want to look for a You Tube of their performances.

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 am

FC sadly Jeff has the Voice but not the look.

Josh Levi has the look and personality but he does need more Vocal Training.

Ellona has it all. IMO she stood out to me a few years back when she didn't make it and was put
in a group. She has a better voice and more personality than Jessica Sanchez.

Carlos has the same issues as James Durbin but with a sweet personality and good Voice.

While I love Rion, Like you I have a hard time watching her and beat myself up over it because
it should not matter.

Until last night I thought Restless Road was a LOCK for the win. Oozing charisma, good looking, country and talent and they had bad off pitch vocals last night.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:44 am

Sadly with Rion it is not just the arms and hands.  She gets a wild eyed look and her eyes do odd things and she tosses her head/hair way too much.

Girl can sing her face off and I admire her courage so much and she is a sweetheart.  But watching her through a concert or something would be impossible for me.  I could buy her album though.

Jeff looks mean and tough and unfriendly.  That is going to be off putting to many.  

Jessica Sanchez part 2 is good but even part 1 totally flopped.

Just not seeing anyone from this season making it big.

I watched the CMAs last night and there are AWESOME country bands right now! AWESOME!  I might even buy a couple of country CDs for Xmas.  I don't think Reckless Road can hold a candle to some of the groups I saw last night.   Man there was awesome talent last night on the CMAs.  And good lord Carrie Underwood blew the freaking roof off the joint!! DAMN that girl can SANG!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

Number of posts : 13421
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:50 am

Mario is really good this year. The staging is so good too. I love Motown and I thought it was a fun show.

So glad Josh is back. I like Jeff, Lillie and love the groups.

Also lovely to see Simon dressed up like he does for BGT.

Demi looks like she uses a trowel to put her make up on and she is only 21.

Kelly Rowland is good too. Paulina is struggling but she is sort of interesting.
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:53 am

I usually watch CMA's but missed it last night. So tired of Blake and Miranda. LOVE Brad Paisley but his last album was not his best. So happy that George Strait won Entertainer of the Year. Hope Brad and George squash Blake.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:59 am

I LOVE BLAKE AND MIRANDA!!!

Miranda is by far my fave female country artist!!! Probably ever!

I was very impressed with Taylor Swift last night! Only the second person ever to get The Pioneer Award!! Only her and Garth Brooks! Her acoustic version of Red was beautiful. Her speech for the Pioneer Award was wonderful. I have downloaded several of her singles but one of these days I just might buy a physical album. Say what you want about her dating habits, girl is an awesome songwriter and performer.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Oh we missed Taylor, darn.  Razz 

Restless Road suffered from the theme.  I will never understand why, on any of these shows, that the contestants are made to sing out of their genre.  Ellona is spectacular and I also love Alex and Sierra.
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 4:54 pm

I liked Reckless Road but Easy is one of my favorite songs.
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Canear, darn I missed Taylor too!! bounce 

Kate I love Easy but Reckless Road was so off pitch. The harmonies were great.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Their harmonies are awesome! I'm looking forward to the singoffs tonight. They should be singing in their own genres.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Josh singing Stay .............. beautiful!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Simon's not happy. Restless Road had a technical glitch. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Jeff is really good tonight.
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Loved Lillie. That was FAB.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Yes it was.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Little Rion just kicked some butt!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 4:38 am

I watched some of the show last night.  I find the girl judges insufferable and they looked ridiculous last night!

80s theme?  Against All Odds????? For the thousandth time on a singing competition???? UGH!

I thought Rachel sounded great but the performance was bizarre.

I did like Jeff.  My fave of who I saw.

I didn't see any of the young guys but Tim.  Saw all the girls.  Still only like Rion.  Of the groups I only liked the duo.

Rumor has it this show could be canceled very soon.  Less than 4 million viewers.  The talk is Simon will return to the UK version and give up the USA.  I am sure the ratings are humiliating for him.

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:30 am

I actually enjoyed the Xfactor performances better than the Voice performances this week.

shrugging 

I never liked Tim Olstead and felt Timmy should have been kept over him.

FC I agree about the female judges! They seem hell-bent to go against Simon and
Simon IMO was spot on and the females way off in judging.

All three of Simon's groups were great. I loved them all and think they all could be successful
in various markets. Country, Pop and Hot AC.

Josh Levi has grown the most and IMO has the most Xfactor. Kid is adorable, charming, handsome and talented. Like was said on the show last night he is like a baby Usher. Clear tone, great phrasing and awesome dancing. Vocally he has improved so much. He still has breath control issues when dancing but most artists do.

I wasn't crazy about Rion's performance.

I think Timothy and Lily go home.

Or I hope that is who goes home.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 am

Well, I don't think these contestants hold a candle to those on The Voice Laughing  So we sure differ there.

I thought the performance of Micky was awful.   Those country guys do nothing for me at all.  Not after watching the amazing bands on the CMAs last week. 

Didn't see Josh so no idea what I would have thought, but never an Usher fan so not sure the comparison sways my opinion.  I have not seen all of Rion's performances and no, last night was not her best I am sure.  But the other girls don't do anything for me so she is the best of the girls for me.  That said, I am not really a fan.  I wish her well. Kid has a lot to deal with.

Demi is obnoxious!  And her comment about Rachel would sing Alone better than Carrie????? Bitch please, Carrie slayed that song on Idol and went on to win and sell boatloads of albums and collect hundreds of awards.  That ain't gonna happen with Rachel.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR   SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

SIMON'S BACK! X-FACTOR
Page 4 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: