Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!

Go down 
+7
canear
WISCathy
foreveryoung
teddyhugz
Sky
nouniness
Firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39694
Registration date : 2009-05-31

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:25 pm

I honestly don't know if you'll ever get that Angel. If you don't like her now the way she is and accept her for it then you probably never will even if she does go plain and simple every now and again. I just think if you can't appreciate her for what she gives and somehow manage to look past it without wanting her to change in order to suit what you want then forget about it.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:48 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
I honestly don't know if you'll ever get that Angel. If you don't like her now the way she is and accept her for it then you probably never will even if she does go plain and simple every now and again. I just think if you can't appreciate her for what she gives and somehow manage to look past it without wanting her to change in order to suit what you want then forget about it.

See I don't think that is true. I am not a fan of Fantasia because of her drama on stage or her voice especially when she starts screaming or goes into the Yeah Yeah Yeahs she does, but with her new single where she actually cut the screaming out and didn't do the yeah yeah yeahs the song was actually something I could listen to and it is actually okay. I doubt I will buy it but if I heard it on the radio I am not going to jump from my chair and go turn it off like I always want to do with her other stuff. David Bowie is another artist I did not like cause he scared me. I was born early 70's and some of the stuff he did was just something as a kid that gave me nightmares. When I got older and saw him without the makeup and stuff and saw him singing it turned out I really liked many of his songs. Change's, Life On Mars, Let's Dance, Dancing in the Streets with Mick Jaguar, his songs from Labrynth. Also I started to like him as a actor to. Loved him in Absolute Beginners and Labrynth. These are just examples. People can change a way they see things if they are given something different once in a while.

Shannon IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 223329 IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 852399
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:58 pm

Yes but how can they FULLY accept that person if they only like one side of them? The side of them that they wanted from them. That's what I really mean. I keep trying to tell you to just LISTEN to her sing. Hell do it with your eyes closed if you must, but you won't do it because all you think about is the imagery. You can't get past it.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:05 am

Before you posted your last post I went on Itunes to listen to the clips from her cd's. I didn't have visuals just her voice and there was some I did like and may buy.

From the Original Fame Monster I liked:
Alejandro
Speechless
So happy I Could Die

From The Fame Monster Deluxe Edition I liked:

Eh Eh(Nothing Else I Can Say)

Speechless is a good ballad.

Shannon IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 223329 IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 852399
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:14 am

Speechless is a great song period. That has to be my favorite from her. One of them anyways.

See I told you.....didn't I?
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:27 am

If you mean just listen to her without looking then yeah.

On the songs I picked it seemed her vocals were front and center and she sounded good on them There were other songs on the cd's i didn't like cause there was to much other stuff going on and I really don't like the explicit ones. When she comes out with a new cd maybe I can preview the whole thing to see how it is. I would be pleased if she did more songs like Speechless.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 am

That's part of my whole point. You can appreciate her music and like it well enough without having to harp on what she does on stage. You can like anybody's music without having to like what they do and present on stage when performing. If you continually harp on it and make that an excuse then they're seriously missing out.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:53 am

Taking this post over to the What Music Are You Listening to thread. Since what i had posted here was off topic from the grammy's

ETA: What I had here was videos for Speechless!

Last edited by AngelWings on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:10 am

That is an awesome performance of Speechless. Love it.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:31 am

We should probably move our Gaga talk over to the music thread since we're kind of getting away from Grammy talk. Before we do I wanted to post this interview video of her from Ellen. It's from the same appearance the Speechless performance you posted was taken from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFgTP47R4Ic
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:51 am

Good idea I will edit that post and bring those videos over to that thread!

That was a good interview

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82194
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:40 am

I will be making a Lady GaGa thread later today! I have some comments to make but will wait and put that in her thread.

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8