Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!

Go down 
+7
canear
WISCathy
foreveryoung
teddyhugz
Sky
nouniness
Firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:03 am

Tomorrow night ought to be a fun one!

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 17145800thavill1312010105528PM

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 17145801thavill1312010105521PM

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 17145804thavill1312010105514PM
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39636
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:15 am

Awww Adam and Katy!!! I love it. Looks like he's having a blast in those pictures!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:28 am

Here's some video of Adam on red carpet interviewing people!

http://www.etonline.com/awards/grammys/2010/2010/01/83541/index.html
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:38 am

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:47 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Oh yeah and the simple fact that Gaga was passed over not even being nominated in the Best New Artist category speaks VOLUMES.

She did win two awards tonight but both in the dance category. She is so much more than that. Honestly I don't understand. I realize she's not everybody's cup of tea and that her "craziness" freaks people out and turns them off. But the thing is if you strip away all of that and just listen to her sing, listen to the lyrics of her songs she is INCREDIBLY talented.

I wasn't a fan of hers for the longest time because she was just too weird for me. I was turned off by it, but when I just gave her a chance I found what was really underneath all of that and it's awesome. She still confuses me sure and some of the stuff she does makes no sense to me at all, but I've just accepted the fact I'll never understand that aspect of her. Now I don't even try to. I just concentrate on the music and at the heart of it all that's what matters.

I know people are mad that Taylor Swift won this stuff. But I see why she won the big award she did her cd has sold more than anybody's right now and is still selling. She is killing in the cd sales. Gaga is selling well also but I believe Taylor's sold better than her.

If I had to be voting I don't know who I would give it to. I think both Gaga and Taylor are amazing song writers. I admit to liking Taylor's Lyrics better cause I admit some of Gaga's lyrics kind of are to racy and sometimes to sexual for my liking. For their voices I am honestly not a fan of either voice. For live performances don't really like either of them either. Taylor does not have a strong voice and she has trouble singing live. Gaga is to crazy on stage and I don't like her voice. In saying this if I was voting I honestly would say for this catagory I would look at the cd sales.

I will say that the Award that Beyonce, Taylor, Gaga, Black Eyed Peas and King of Leon were up for I was happy to see Kings of Leon win cause someone was able to finally break through that woman trio's dominance. I admit I am kind of sick of the three of them owning all the big awards.

ETA: I feel horrible for Taylor though so many on other sites are tearing her to to pieces and it is bull crud. No one deserves that. They are being as bad as Kanye was to her the night she beat out his girl Beyonce. Taylor does not deserve the hate she is getting over this.

teddyhugz wrote:
I really enjoyed Lady Antebellum......

AND PINK TOTALLY STOLE MY HEART WITH THAT BREATHTAKING AND BEAUTIFUL PERFORMANCE!!!

Lady Antebellum was so good and Pink was awesome!

I did not like Mary J Blige singing "Bridge over Troubled Water" Andrea was beautiful on it but uggh yuck to Mary. I won't buy that single cause I can't ever listen to it again. I tell ya for that song I would of said bring out Sam Harris, Clay and Simon and Garfunkle plus Andrea. All of them are better on the song than her.

Shannon IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 223329 IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 852399
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:06 am

The three of them as in which three? I hope you don't mean Gaga because let me tell you she hasn't really won ANYTHING. In my opinion she has been passed over time and time again and I think that is bunch of bull. She might be nominated for a lot but she hardly ever wins. For pete's sake the woman is TALENTED beyond belief. So what if she's not your cuppa like I said take away all her weird, wacky and out there style and look at her MUSIC. The lyrics to many of her songs are very profound and have a much deeper meaning than it appears to just on the surface. Although, I suppose you'd have to understand where she's coming from in order to appreciate them. Also they are not all very racy or sexual either. Some of them are yes, but there are only a few.

Anyways I'm still really pissed off so I'm just going to shut up.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:17 am

teddyhugz wrote:
The three of them as in which three? I hope you don't mean Gaga because let me tell you she hasn't really won ANYTHING. In my opinion she has been passed over time and time again and I think that is bunch of bull. She might be nominated for a lot but she hardly ever wins. For pete's sake the woman is TALENTED beyond belief. So what if she's not your cuppa like I said take away all her weird, wacky and out there style and look at her MUSIC. The lyrics to many of her songs are very profound and have a much deeper meaning than it appears to just on the surface. Although, I suppose you'd have to understand where she's coming from in order to appreciate them. Also they are not all very racy or sexual either. Some of them are yes, but there are only a few.

Anyways I'm still really pissed off so I'm just going to shut up.

Oh if she hasn't won them that much then okay but Taylor and Beyonce win a lot. But I am even sick of the three getting so many nominations. They are talented but geez they are not the only talented women artist out there.

I know Gaga is a talented writer and I know not all her songs are racy and Sexual.

The thing is not all people are going to like the same things. Shoot look at how we are here. Many of you guys love Gaga's stuff and I don't. I love Michael Ball and some here don't. Some people are going to like Taylor better and some are going to like Gaga better. If you look just at their lyrics both show to write amazing stuff that people can latch onto.. Yes Taylor is young and her fans can relate to the songs and they love them. Gaga's fans are older and maybe can relate to hers more.

I still feel for the Album of the year they look at Cd sales and Taylor is queen there.

Shannon IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 223329 IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 852399
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:33 am

Well then SCREW CD SALES!

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 Icon_evil IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 Icon_evil IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 Icon_evil

Gaga just barely got nominated for things too. This is the first time she's ever been nominated for so much. Se was nominated for one award last year (least I only know of one) but she didn't even win that one. Well your opinion is your opinion. I know I'm not going to change what you think and I hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to. I'm honestly not. I just.....ugh.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:45 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Well then SCREW CD SALES!

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 Icon_evil IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 Icon_evil IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 Icon_evil

Gaga just barely got nominated for things too. This is the first time she's ever been nominated for so much. Se was nominated for one award last year (least I only know of one) but she didn't even win that one. Well your opinion is your opinion. I know I'm not going to change what you think and I hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to. I'm honestly not. I just.....ugh.

Hey I get it. I know you are not trying to change my opinion you are just stating yours and that is cool.

I know it is hard when someone you really like doesn't win something. For me the last few years I am more pissed off that the ones I love don't even get nominated. I think getting even a nomination is huge at least your name is out there and you get acknowledged but if you can't even get a nomination it sucks. There are soooooooooooo many deserving artist out there,(look at the indie artist especially), and they never get nominated!!!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:01 am

Been meaning to post this in here but I keep getting sidetracked by a lot of different things including getting my frustrations out still.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/awards/
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:43 am

Dropping this off for canear before I forget. Hopefully this doesn't get taken down before you see it!

And I'm out. My bed is calling my name.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:59 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Dropping this off for canear before I forget. Hopefully this doesn't get taken down before you see it!

And I'm out. My bed is calling my name.
Thanks for bringing that over. What is the song called. I want to buy that song.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:10 am

The song is called Glitter In The Air.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 81990

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:02 am

Thanks for the list of winners Teddy!

Damn, that "Single Ladies" song won a ton and I HATE IT! UGH - I do not get some of these winners.

Angel, I think for me it is the fact that this Taylor CD Fearless just seems so, well, simple basic nothing that special, yet it has won a zillion awards as if it is the BEST CD EVER!!!!!

Many people just do not get it. Honestly, I am not surprised she is getting a lot of crap - not that hating on the poor girl is right in any way - BUT most people do not think the girl can carry a tune with a forklift and her songs are so teen girl oriented and rather simple. So yeah, lots of people are trying to figure out what is up.

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 41957

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:18 am

Thanks for the Pink link teddy! I'll be sure to watch it tonight!

Well why don't we discuss Adam's look for last night. I thought his makeup was great (much better than the previous night) and I love the hair up off his face (much better than the spikey look again from the previous night) but I'm just not lovin' the outfit. What is with the ill fitting jackets lately? ...and the tie was, well, interesting. IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:34 am

Oh that dang Colonel Sanders tie is all the rage again! Evil or Very Mad I hate them.

I loved the jacket and the make-up. I'm still not thrilled with the hair in the pix. I will wait until I watch him in action on ET.

My fave look for him is your siggy Canear! Just gorgeous beyond belief!

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:10 am

Some Adam coverage from the Red Carpet............

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:26 am

Well I didn't watch the whole thing last night I got tired too much crap, besides I stayed all night long the night before watching Roger live.

This is my personal take on the Grammys and other awards I honestly think that the masses are trying to make an statement, the masses are the ones buying the cds, it was shown with SuBo a plain middle age woman outselling almost everybody and Taylor a cute clean cut kid singing about love and simple things outselling all the outrageous singers with the big voices, it is the power of the masses you can't deny that.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:17 am

So then next year SuBo will rule the Grammys??? affraid

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:26 am

Firecracker wrote:
So then next year SuBo will rule the Grammys??? affraid

As scary as it sounds we can't rule that out, ugh, double ugh.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 am

Triple UGH!

If Adam is not nominated or performing next year I probably won't watch. If it is all about sales then what is the point?? Clearly there are super talented young artists out there that do not have the power behind them for HUGE sales so they get overlooked!?? The Billboard Awards are strictly about sales. I thought The Grammys was/should be about art shrugging

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 41957

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:04 am

Firecracker wrote:
Oh that dang Colonel Sanders tie is all the rage again! IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 Icon_evil I hate them.

I loved the jacket and the make-up. I'm still not thrilled with the hair in the pix. I will wait until I watch him in action on ET.

My fave look for him is your siggy Canear! Just gorgeous beyond belief!

I agree with you! He looked totally awesome that day at Much Music. IMO he looks so much better when he isn't trying to be so glam.

That tie is just IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 Icon_eek . I know he was trying to be flamboyant but.....then again I guess I'm not a fashion expert because he's on some best dressed lists for the way he looked last night. The jacket was gorgeous but it was fitted too tightly for my liking. I'm just glad he didn't wear something so out there as Gaga did. OMG that was horrendous.

Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:20 am

Oh my goodness! MJ's kids are just so adorable! It was so brave of them to come out and accept the award for their dad. You know they must be still hurting and missing him terribly. IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 Icon_cry It really was a beautiful moment - and the Earth Song tribute was stunning!

http://www.etonline.com/awards/grammys/2010/2010/02/83552/index.html

Kids with Lionel Ritchie:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/awards__1/awards-231875714-1265002035.jpg?ym2o_mCDlKkLrFcO

Last edited by claytonclayniac on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:38 am

I think Adam did a great job last night but I hope we get a lot more of him tonight on ET, so far on those videos is mostly Kevin doing all the talking with Adam as a pretty side prop on the side.

He looked good but I really like his pixie hair much better.

FC like the banner and the hearts background, I guess we are gearing up to Valentines Day.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:41 am

I don't like the way the hair looks in profile.

Yes, Valentines is fast approaching!! I love you

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!   IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

IT IS GRAMMY NIGHT!!
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next