Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?

Go down 
+12
Spirit
jaycee
stanley2
horselaydee
AngelWings
teddyhugz
zara
Sky
nouniness
foreveryoung
canear
Firecracker
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
stanley2

stanley2

Number of posts : 6397
Registration date : 2009-05-27

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 6:16 pm

FC- Thank you hugging
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42051
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 pm

(((AIH))) you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow.

As for hubby.......you know when the Tommy stuff will happen so just when that song starts perhaps you could drop something on the floor and ask hubby to pick it up. shrugging

Quote :
So I guess those items will not be on Canear's Secret Santa wish list

You guess correctly. biggrin
Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 6:59 pm

Everyone is happy... well, not everyone. I am home from work and have to throw a little cold water on all this happiness.

To me, it seems that what is causing all of the excitement is the very thing that some of us are concerned about.

Why is the UK suddenly so excited about Adam. It sure isn't that beautiful voice of his. They want him over there so he can do something outragious. If he doesn't, but I am sure he will, they will be very upset.

I am sure that music critics will always be aware of the fact that he has a wonderful voice and they will mention it but I am just wondering what the people that fill the seats at his concerts will be there for. If the fans that thrive on the over the top behavior keep wanting more and he provides, then people that want to hear good music might not go to one of his shows just because of that.

The last time I saw Adam my friends husband went along. He really liked Adam on idol and he wanted to see him in concert. On the way home he wasn't saying anything so another friend asked him what he thought, He was very surprised at the action with Tommy and when asked if he would go to see him again, he said NO.

We agree that Gaga is talented but I don't know of anyone personally that would go to a concert because of the sort of show she puts on. It could be the same for Adam. That doesn't mean he won't have a lot of success and make a lot of money and if that is all it is about then he will be very happy.

Once again I have written a book
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Jaycee, keep writing your books, I love reading them and your viewpoint! Your concerns are valid, some will think that but there isn't anything we can do to change it.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Quote :
Why is the UK suddenly so excited about Adam. It sure isn't that beautiful voice of his. They want him over there so he can do something outragious. If he doesn't, but I am sure he will, they will be very upset.

Oh Jaycee, I'm still not happy. I don't think much will happen tonight because they're at a pretty prissy venue but I'm sure it will happen again and I'm not looking forward to it. I do believe you're right about the UK. They live for the outrageous over there, the more the better. I am not looking forward to his overseas tour at.all. I think I'm going to have to have some self control and stay off other boards while it is happening.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82206

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:43 pm

Actually, if anyone bothered to read the comments at the British site all the comments - well, at least the first 88 - were about his VOICE and NOT even a mention of the kissing. That is why I brought it up!

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:53 pm

I ask hubby if Adam has a concert in Los Angeles does he would like to go and he said yes he would like to go again, isn't that cool!

He saw that kiss with Tommy at Costa Mesa and he say that is show biz.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:59 pm

AN AWESOME FOLLOW-UP TO THE STORY IN THE BRITISH PRESS!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fleckingrecords.co.uk/2010/08/the-uk-needs-adam-lambert.html

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:12 pm

foreveryoung wrote:
I ask hubby if Adam has a concert in Los Angeles does he would like to go and he said yes he would like to go again, isn't that cool!

He saw that kiss with Tommy at Costa Mesa and he say that is show biz.

FY, you have an AWESOME hubby!
Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:12 pm

canear wrote:
Quote :

Oh Jaycee, I'm still not happy. I don't think much will happen tonight because they're at a pretty prissy venue but I'm sure it will happen again and I'm not looking forward to it. I do believe you're right about the UK. They live for the outrageous over there, the more the better. I am not looking forward to his overseas tour at.all. I think I'm going to have to have some self control and stay off other boards while it is happening.

We will have to wait this out together. I really do wish it didn't bother me so much but what can I do.
I think staying away from some of the other boards would be a good thing and I know it will be hard. I find myself reading even though 90% of it upsets me.

Maybe it won't be as bad as we think and the ladies here can let us know. I love his voice so much and I really do hope that I am completely wrong about everything that I have said.

Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:17 pm

Sky wrote:
Jaycee, keep writing your books, I love reading them and your viewpoint! Your concerns are valid, some will think that but there isn't anything we can do to change it.

Thank you Sky I apprciate that. I know there isn't anything that can be done about any of this accept to wait and see what happens and hope I am wrong.

What was said about the kiss being show business (or something like that) It is true but there is just a whole lot of stuff going on in the name of entertainment that I am not finding entertaining.
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:14 pm

FY, your hubby sounds like he's as cool as mine!! He's going with me (as well as his boss, boss's wife and 12-yr. old son!!!) to Adam's concert in Raleigh on Aug. 28th, and they are all looking forward to it!! Just so he won't be surprised, I tell hubby every day about Adam's "antics" at some of the shows, and he knows that it's all part of what Adam is all about! He accepts it, and is not bothered by it in the least. He thinks Adam's talent trumps all!!!! What a guy!! ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 73774 Lucky me...yes, I know!! ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39698
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:17 pm

I have been reading in here the last two days but have refrained myself from posting. There's a reason for that too. There's a lot I could say and have wanted to say but didn't know how or rather didn't know how without coming across somewhat insensitive to some on here. I didn't want to hurt anyone or make them think their opinion was wrong. I still don't want to do that but if it happens just know I still love you.

The thing is just because people do these things all the time in concert, all the big names, doesn't mean it's OKAY. It doesn't make it acceptable or tolerable. It also doesn't make some things right because they can cross a line whether they realize it or not. It doesn't matter whether it's good with the performer or those select people the performer chooses to involve. Some people in the audience will enjoy it and others won't. It goes both ways and although neither side will be happy all the time somehow you got to find a medium and meet in the middle. Sure these "acts" shouldn't take away anything from the overall show because really they are so minimal in contrast to everything else. However, despite how long it might last it can ONLY take those few seconds in that spur of the moment (if it was spur of the moment) to seriously screw everything up.

It's true performers feed off their audience and what the majority of the audience likes the performer will do. This is where it gets tricky you see because once something is deemed "exciting, thrilling and an added bonus to the show" people start looking forward to it more and more. It takes the forefront of the entire show and eventually becomes "the show" itself. The more you put it out there, the harder you push it and the farther you take it - the riskier it becomes. That's not supposed to happen. At least it shouldn't happen. Why? Because it takes away from what should be the TRUE focus. The main reason you're there to begin with. For most people it's the voice and/or the music itself. So in hindsight these moments "acts" are supposed to be nothing but an afterthought. Not the main draw. Not the reason someone attends the show. Not the reason you liked the show the best for. Not the reason you want that performer to come to your country/city/providence so you can see them. Some performers need these antics in their shows to cover up what they're in lacking in. Some performers add the antics because it's what they do best at and are known for. For some that's all there career is all about even if they have the talent to back it up in which case is quite sad because that talent should take center stage above anything and everything else. Dramatics should be secondary. They are there only to be used to amp up the show and give it more power. Visuals are meant to liven things up, bring songs to life, give them more flare, a different meaning, a special theme. They aren't there to take the place of. And unfortunately many times they do. It might not hurt the performer much if at all in the long run if they rein it in, but what about the here and now? That is what needs to be considered. What someone does one night will lead to another and another and another. Do you really want that to be the center of everything? The reason they're talked about over what really counts the most? Of course it all passes down from one generation to the next. The cycle continues on and on. But just because what someone else did didn't hurt them any doesn't mean it won't hurt you. Just because what worked for someone else doesn't mean it will work for you too. Most of it all it doesn't mean you've got to do it too and take after them. Be your own person. Be different. Be better. Use what you've got in your soul and in your heart and let that be what people know you best for. Let that be what people most talk about you for. Nothing else. Nothing less. Because at the end of the day that is all you have. That's what got you where you are. It should be treasured and treated with the utmost care and love. It's not something one should lose or have fallen behind acted up "moments" where it will become forgotten. So it all comes down to the question, "What do you want to be remembered for?"

And there ends my long ass freaking essay for the day.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:32 pm

It's a show. People go for the excitement of a concert. If you only care about the music you can just play the CDs. Much easier on the wallet too Laughing

A concert is a whole whirlwind experience! Or it should be to get your money's worth! Fun, exciting, spontaneous, have a blast.

AND - if ever I have seen an artist/performer be himself it is Adam Freaking Lambert!

I am off to bed! offtobed

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:42 pm

And this is exactly why I didn't want to say anything.
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Quote :
What a guy!! Lucky me...yes, I know!!

Yes CC we are lucky we have some cool hubbies! cheers
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
And this is exactly why I didn't want to say anything.

teddy hugging

Please don't feel you can't ever say anything. There are those of us who agree with you and those who don't. The way I see it everyone is right because they are stating their own feelings. Keeping it in is never a good thing.

It's never easy being in the minority. It can feel oppressive and that you are a lesser fan because you feel differently. You aren't a lesser fan. Don't ever forget that. You only want what you feel is best for Adam. I know I do.

Quote :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a show. People go for the excitement of a concert. If you only care about the music you can just play the CDs. Much easier on the wallet too

FC ........... do you have any idea how many times I've heard this over the years? I think we all know the CD's are nothing like the live performance. Look, for example, of the magnificence of Soaked. It has been my favourite song on the CD since it was released but nothing compared to the live version I was privileged enough to hear and see in Toronto. Should those of use who don't prefer the 'antics' not go to the concert at all and miss these awesome moments? I know you don't mean to but it does make some of us feel like we should just sit home and listen to the CD if we don't want to see things like kissgate.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:02 pm

Thank you canear. I appreciate you reaching out to me. hugging

I just don't want people to take anything I said out of context or misunderstand. But I know it's unavoidable because anything simply read and not heard cannot be completely comprehended the way it's fully intended to.

There's more I'd like to say on a certain side but I am keeping my mouth shut about it because I honestly don't feel like being....well never mind. I am shutting up now.

I might PM you or something...............
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:06 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
Thank you canear. I appreciate you reaching out to me. hugging

I just don't want people to take anything I said out of context or misunderstand. But I know it's unavoidable because anything simply read and not heard cannot be completely comprehended the way it's fully intended to.

There's more I'd like to say on a certain side but I am keeping my mouth shut about it because I honestly don't feel like being....well never mind. I am shutting up now.

I might PM you or something...............

Please do. I'm heading for bed now but will answer you in the morning. hugging Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:05 am

Teddy I understand what you are saying and I agree with it. Do not feel bad for speaking your mind.

I saw something about Clay doing something to someone's leg in here. That is not cool either and kind of tacky to be honest.

FC yes people could just stay home and listen the cd but as I know Adam and many others sound so different live and of course I wouldn't want to miss that. I have been to many concerts where someone did something that wasn't the best thing to do. I don't hate them for doing it but it doesn't mean it was a great thing to be seeing. I know it is a show and it is entertainment but why don't people think before they do something. Yes some people will love it and want more but then their are people who won't but stay silent. Yes a entertainer can't make all happy but doing the thing that may cause the most talking is honestly always the best thing to do.

That is my two cents and with that I am done on this for now.

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:47 am

Good morning.

Goodness - when I add a laughing smilie face then I am joking. Don't know how much more obvious it can get on a board than adding a smilie face.

The thing is not every performer is going to be a perfect family friendly stage performer. If one chooses to go to a concert they have to know that they run the risk of the act not being their idea of what is exactly appropriate. Especially a rock act. I don't see why an artist should take grief for a few seconds out of a whole show they put on - especially when you consider the majority of the fans are fine with it. Actually enjoying it.

The artist has to be who he/she is. The ticket buying public has to decide of they like and want to spend money on seeing said artist. If said artist works his/her butt off to put on an amazing show for the fans night after night - and a minority have issues with a few seconds of it - well, what can the artist do? The artist can only put on the show that suits him/her and the majority of fans.

People won't like every song, every costume, every dance move, every word of banter. Every critic won't like the show. They do their best, they hope for the best. They hope most people leave entertained and happy.

Adam has been this type of performer for 10 years. As you all know he has been waaaaaaaay more colorful than he has been on tour since Idol. It was stated one shouldn't copy but to be themselves. But it appears some really don't want him to be himself because they don't really like it when he is himself. They want him to be their idea of what he should be.

He is the first openly gay pop/rock male to be signed to major label as an out openly gay male from the get-go. There is so much pressure on him. He has handled press, media, fans, protesters, haters, etc. with so much grace and love and dignity. He is working out, changing eating habits so that he can put on this high energy show actually singing his face off while dancing - something it appears almost no one does anymore - to give the fans a wonderful show. He performs with the same showmanship whether he is performing in an old slaughterhouse or tent as he does in a lovely theater. He gives so much - and for a few seconds some people aren't comfortable with - he has to take so much heat.

It makes me sad....Be the artist you really are Adam, wait no Adam, I don't like the artist you really are. Sometimes he can't win...

makes me sad....

Of course you can say anything you want here. Always could, always will. But if I disagree and state my feeling, my frustrations - I am the bad guy.

Makes me sad....

I love Adam - the man and the entertainer. I want him happy and successful. But mostly I want him to be who he is - because that is what will make him most happy. Some will walk away from him. Others will run to him. It's the risk all artists take when they lay all that they are on the stage.

If one can't take in the amazing performances like Soaked without being all upset by a few seconds of something else, well...

it makes me sad. Sad for him.

Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:23 am

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I appreciate the opportunity FC has provided to give that opinion right here. It might be time to step back, take a deep breath, read the following article again, and move on!

http://www.examiner.com/concert-photography-in-providence/mr-adam-lambert-you-rock

What in the world did we all do before Mr. Adam Freakin' Lambert made his way into our lives..and our hearts?! ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 633816 We are all so passionate about him and want only the best for him!

Love you guys! ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 87267
Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:47 am

Teddy, obviously I agree with you, I guess that goes without saying after all the stuff that I have written in the last couple days.

FC I understand just how you are feeling also because while I may not agree, I have been in the place of having someone I care about, not appreciated for what he is doing and feeling like people don't understand him and it does hurt and it does make you sad. I don't think any of us would ever want to make you sad, you are the person that gave us this great place and we appreciate you so much.

I blame myself in a way for the position I am in because unlike Canear I had watched the videos from before Idol and I knew the sort of performances that he had done and I didn't like them but along with the ones like the Cat Club, I think it was called, there was the Upright Cabaret so I had hope. When he said he didn't want it to be all about the gay, I really thought he meant that. Still, knowing I was taking a chance I went and got involved in this fandom because of that voice, so I have only mysel to blame if I am unhappy now

Still, I don't know how hard it would have been, or how it would require Adam to not be himself, to have just left the kissing out of his shows. We all know he is gay, that isn't a problem or we wouldn't be here. I saw the pictures of him kissing Brad and Drake and I wasn't bothered, that is his personal life. When he decides to make it part of his show then yes, he does make it about the gay.

The action with Tommy has grown from just during Fever to the band introduction now, so it really is more then just a couple seconds. If it had never been done, it would never have been missed but since it has, it is expected by those that like it.

Will those who have front row seats be hoping to be kissed, I am sure they will. If no one gets kissed will there be complaining, I imagine so. It is to be seen if this was a one time thing or something else that will continue.

At the end of the day we are just letting off steam here, because even if everyone of you were to agree that he made a mistake, (I know that isn't going to happen,) it won't change what his career is going to be, only he will do that and he will do what he wants to do. Adam is a fan of rock and roll
so there you go.

I said in one of my earlier posts that I didn't follow rock and roll, so really I had no idea that things were as crazy as they were/are. I had of course heard of things done by Ozzie and a few others but I didn't realize it was all common place.

Sometimes I wish I could change how I feel but then again I don't, because bad behavior is bad behavior even if you call it rock and roll. I am not even talking about Adam now but rather some of the other things that rock performers have done that I have only just found out about.

I have to laugh at myself, I guess I should be a Josh Groban fan....No
Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

Number of posts : 4465
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:05 pm

I suspect if a lot of people don't like the kissing, then it will stop. Adam is putting on a show, and he tries things out. Then he looks for audience reactions. However, from what I have read, people are loving the tongue diving and Tommy kissing so it may well continue. In any event, there will be antics and outlandish behavior in the future because we are talking about Adam Lambert, so get ready. Some people will be so offended or whatever that they do not care to be a fan, and that's perfectly ok. That's the way fandoms work.

What I like about this board is that we can say what we think without being stomped on. We are never going to all agree, and that makes it interesting.

Back to top Go down
dancingdigits

dancingdigits

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:35 pm

Hey, Jaycee--I am a Josh Groban fan since 2002...and also an Adam fan...and a Clay fan (though not as much lately.) I feel fortunate to like a wide variety of music and performers. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?
Page 11 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next