Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!

Go down 
+6
foreveryoung
Sky
dancingdigits
Dusty
claytoncavaliers
Firecracker
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82195
Registration date : 2008-08-09

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 6:53 am

The sun is finally out here after a week of rain - so I am feeling generous today! So yes Angel - you can have his arms for a little while :D

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Madison, WI review   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 3:20 pm

I loved this Adamazing review!! By the name, I don't know if this reviewer is male or female, but this reviewer definitely "gets" Adam!!

"...he's a tripped-out, Depp-esque Willy Wonka tour guide looking to strap the audience into a rollercoaster ride through his X-rated fun factory...." what rollercoaster laughing

http://host.madison.com/entertainment/music/article_f8c5e0ae-9a14-11de-a9e5-001cc4c002e0.html

ETA: Very short video where the interviewer speaks with Adam - and Danny! :D Look left and click on Featured Video.

http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11080655
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:07 pm

What a fantastic review loved, loved.

Adam rules! :confetti:

Quote :

Lambert makes the other finalists, even winner Kris Allen, look mostly like a bunch of talented and charismatic karaoke singers. He's one of the rare performers on the megahit television show who transcends its pageantry and overworked vocal covers with a blast of relevancy.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39695
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:25 pm

This tidbit is worth quoting too!!!

Quote :

His shot up Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" with enough thrusting and theatricality to fill up two Alliant Energy Centers. It was flat-out better than the original (and I'll stand by that sacrilegious statement).

woohoo
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 5:04 pm

WOW!! What an awesome review!!

I don't think any other Idol contestant or winner has ever gotten the incredible reviews that Adam is getting! He has had what - I think one not so great review and all the rest glowing!

Dear God - let this mean BB is really on his way to superstardom!!! praying

What a joke he isn't the winner!

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:06 pm

foreveryoung wrote:

Quote :

Lambert makes the other finalists, even winner Kris Allen, look mostly like a bunch of talented and charismatic karaoke singers. He's one of the rare performers on the megahit television show who transcends its pageantry and overworked vocal covers with a blast of relevancy.

Great that Adam is getting great reviews still!!!

:( :( :( :( :( kleenexgirl kleenexgirl kleenexgirl kleenexgirl kleenexgirl

I would bet you anything that the reviews are bittersweet to Adam. He loves seeing that people love him but hates seeing that his friends that he finds so very talented are getting trashed on nightly.

Shannon praying :angel3:

Last edited by AngelWings on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42048

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:08 pm

AngelWings wrote:
foreveryoung wrote:

Quote :

I would bet you anything that the reviews are bittersweet to Adam. He loves seeing that people love him but hates seeing that his friends that he finds so very talented are getting trashed on nightly.

I totally agree Shannon. :hug:
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:12 pm

canear wrote:
AngelWings wrote:
foreveryoung wrote:

Quote :

Thanks Canear :bluehug:

I had written more but this is Adams forum so i vented what i wanted to say about the reviews in that post then deleted it. Most people know how I feel about the critics so i won't go any further!!

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:15 pm

AngelWings wrote:
canear wrote:
AngelWings wrote:
foreveryoung wrote:

Quote :

I had written more but this is Adams forum so i vented what i wanted to say about the reviews in that post then deleted it. Most people know how I feel about the critics so i won't go any further!!

Yes I saw it before you edited it. I totally know what you mean!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm

canear wrote:
AngelWings wrote:
canear wrote:
AngelWings wrote:
foreveryoung wrote:

Quote :

Yes I saw it before you edited it. I totally know what you mean!

Thank You for understanding. As I said of Adam it is bittersweet for me to.

Last edited by AngelWings on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Well, I know I am a broken record here and I have said it before - bit if Kris was runner-up and performed BEFORE the explosion that is Adam Lambert - I honestly believe he would be getting really good reviews. He has the misfortune of following one of the most dynamic performers to work the stage and blow the roof off with his voice! Most everybody would pale after Adam's set.

Besides the fact that Adam is sex on legs and gets everybody all worked up, and Kris appears to be the sweet guy next door. Yes, the very cute and charming sweet guy next door - but most don't see him as "a sex god".

It just worked out backwards in my opinion shrugging

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:24 pm

I just read in AOL that Amy Adams is one big Glambert, how cool is that. highfive
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:25 pm

Very cool!!! I love her!!

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:31 pm

Edited post

Last edited by AngelWings on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:49 pm

Angel I knew you'd see that quote in reference to Kris and feel horrible.

Remember I don't like it either. I'm sure Adam doesn't even with all the praise he gets from them.

:hug:
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Well, this is the thread for "Adam's Press Reviews" and I don't want anyone not bringing a review here because it is unkind to Kris and may upset you. Perhaps it is best for you to just not read the reviews at this point shrugging

Also, remember that just maybe that is how these reviewers really feel about Kris. They see a lot of shows, a lot of performers, and maybe they just don't think he is more special than a lot of the people they see. There are sooooooooo many young artists out there hitting various clubs and theaters. Artists most of us will never see. So perhaps to these critics they see most of the rest of the Top 10 as ordinary.

In all honesty I will be shocked if anyone besides Adam makes a huge splash. And we don't even know if that will happen. Perhaps Alli will. She is different than a lot of the young female singers out there right now. I think standing out is important in this current musical climate and maybe they don't see Kris as standing out enough shrugging Talented yes. But there are so many talented people out there. So many trying to break into the biz. It's so difficult. When it is someone's "job" to go to concerts and listen to music I bet they see many extremely talented kids and yet those kids just never make it. They probably look for "exceptional" and Adam is exceptional.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Well, this is the thread for "Adam's Press Reviews" and I don't want anyone not bringing a review here because it is unkind to Kris and may upset you. Perhaps it is best for you to just not read the reviews at this point shrugging

Also, remember that just maybe that is how these reviewers really feel about Kris. They see a lot of shows, a lot of performers, and maybe they just don't think he is more special than a lot of the people they see. There are sooooooooo many young artists out there hitting various clubs and theaters. Artists most of us will never see. So perhaps to these critics they see most of the rest of the Top 10 as ordinary.

In all honesty I will be shocked if anyone besides Adam makes a huge splash. And we don't even know if that will happen. Perhaps Alli will. She is different than a lot of the young female singers out there right now. I think standing out is important in this current musical climate and maybe they don't see Kris as standing out enough shrugging Talented yes. But there are so many talented people out there. So many trying to break into the biz. It's so difficult. When it is someone's "job" to go to concerts and listen to music I bet they see many extremely talented kids and yet those kids just never make it. They probably look for "exceptional" and Adam is exceptional.

The thing is i haven't been reading most of the reviews i pretty much get told not to, so i know what that means.

I don't want people to stop posting in here so i will go and edit my last post in here.

ETA: Post is now edited!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:15 pm

Very good points FC. I think you stated that really well.

Angel, I think this is something else FC and I have to put our foot down about. We know how much you love Kris. (We love him too.) Seeing as how the critics like to punch him a few maybe it is best you don't read the reviews anymore especially when they're here in Adam's forum. Because clearly when Adam gets as huge of a review as he did with his one person Kris seems to get slammed in return. That's not to say I think it's right or agree because I sure as heck don't. But at least that way even if you know it's going on you don't have to read it. Does that make sense?

We love you Angel. Just trying to protect you and make it easier for you if that's even possible.

:hug:
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:24 pm

Just an observation but I don't think it's always just the review that might cause the upset but some of the added celebration of that review when it's extremely positive for Adam. shrugging
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:33 pm

I just have to stay out of all the review threads!!

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:36 pm

But we have a right to celebrate Adam's good reviews do we not? Nobody is celebrating the others getting bad reviews. That would be different. Heck - I think Megan is darn right horrible but I do not celebrate when reviewers say so. We only celebrate Adam's good reviews because we love him, we are fans, we are happy for him, and it encourages us that he has a shot at success. I don't want anyone to feel they have to put a muzzle on their expressing their happiness.

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:39 pm

Thank you FC I don't like to walk over egg-shells on my enthusiasm about Adam's fantastic reviews, I feel good expresing my feelings about that.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:43 pm

grouphug
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:48 pm

I know this is a little of the subject but Andy Rodick just got beaten at the US Open by a fellow American by the name of John Isner who is 6.9 tall.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:50 pm

You are welcome FY! :hug:

Hey, people felt they couldn't celebrate Adam at The CB. Isn't that why you all are here? To feel free to celebrate Adam without guilt? We can't help what reviewers say about Kris. We have no control over that, we don't celebrate that, we don't agree with it - but it is what it is.

(poor Andy :( Not his year eh?)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next