Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DOWNTON ABBEY

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2008-08-09

DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:31 pm

More casting news

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:41 pm

I saw one of Mary holding her baby............
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Some nice looking guys coming in too.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Yes, but we have to wait so long!
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:43 pm

You can always watch online when it airs in the UK. But that's still 7 months away.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 1:12 am

I may do that. Remind me when it starts. 7 months???

What else do you have that's good to watch while we wait??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:59 am

"Grimm" starts up again next Friday. And "Call the Midwife" starts up at the end of March.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:42 am

Both shows I watch!! I've been waiting for Grimm to return and I thoroughly enjoyed Call the Midwife!
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Another "Downton Abbey" spoiler: Mary and Matthew's son is named
Spoiler:

If you want exact dates and times, "Grimm" will return on Friday, March 8 at 9:00 p.m. EST and 8:00 p.m. CST.

"Call the Midwife" returns on Sunday, March 31. I think that's Easter.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks, I've written them down. I probably wouldn't miss them because I go through the guide to all the channels I watch for primetime and write down the chosen ones!
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 pm

I have both shows set up as part of my series recordings on my DVR so I don't miss any episodes.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:43 am

That's one thing we don't have is a DVR. I'm pretty good about keeping track and most can be watched on OnDemand if not usually online. There is always an exception though like Downton............ :-)
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 3:56 am

Yeah, we don't get PBS On Demand either although I understand some cable/satellite companies do carry it.
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:41 am

Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Dame Kiri Te Kanawa is actually a very famous soprano. She sang at Charles and Di's wedding.

Although she's known mostly for her other work, Harriet Walter was one of the stars of "Law and Order: UK." Interestingly enough, the guy who plays Moseley (Kevin Doyle) was in an episode. BBCAmerica shows reruns on Wednesday afternoons.

I imagine the black jazz singer will be involved with Rose in some way. Not necessarily romantically but maybe she'll want him to sing when she comes out much to the consternation of the Granthams.
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:51 am

Great news!  cheers

http://news.yahoo.com/downton-abbey-paul-giamatti-joins-cast-lady-coras-183213556.html

Too bad though that he will only show up in the Season 4 Finale!! Crying or Very sad  And the season doesn't start up again until January 2014!!!  Grrrr!! Evil or Very Mad  Too long a wait for this show...but it sure is worth it!!
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:21 pm

This is a video of a "For Your Consideration" event that took place a couple of weeks ago in Hollywood.  It's part of the rollup to Emmy season.  She isn't pictured here but Phyliss Logan (Mrs. Hughes) was also at the event.

I'm intrigued about next season.  Some castmembers say it will be a very dark season, others say it will be pretty easygoing.  I'm guessing most of the new characters will only be on for a few episodes but I can't wait to see them.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:25 pm

January will be a looooong wait....................
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:20 am

Now this sounds interesting!

Downton Abbey Wine to Hit the Market

June 26, 2013 at 5:00PM by Zoe Bain

Downton Abbey fans will soon be able to kick back and watch new episodes with a glass of Downton Abbey-themed wine. According to Fox News, Wines That Rock — the same company behind Grateful Dead, the Rolling Stones, and Pink Floyd wines — is working on "vintage" bottles that could have been served during the Crawley days. "We are working with The Dulong Grands Vins De Bordeaux vineyards, which have been in the same family for five generations. They have over 130 years of experience in creating the world's best wines so these are wines the Crawley family would have been proud to serve at Downton," wrote Bill Zysblat, co-owner of Wines That Rock in a press release.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Downton Abbey started up again last night in the UK. I was able to get a livestream and watch the show in real time which was cool. The funny thing was the site I had must have been for the sight impaired because there were descriptions of what was going on throughout the episode. It was a bit distracting but the stream itself was really great - no buffering after the stream started and a good picture throughout. But man, there were like a ton of commercials.

Here's a link to the first episode for anyone who wants to watch now and not wait until January.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 6:33 pm

Good news!!!! "Downton Abbey" was renewed for a fifth series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOWNTON ABBEY    DOWNTON ABBEY  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DOWNTON ABBEY
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: