Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So You Think You Can Dance CANADA

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39763
Registration date : 2009-05-31

So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 pm

August 22nd and August 23rd - Week Seven - Top 10

Denitsa & Francois - Mambo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4CcOGchBzQ

Lindsay & Adam - Contemporary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5IbiEsYl6E

Melissa & Shane - Hip-Hop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbkCzjw7oB0

Yuliya & Matthew - Contemporary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lm8Zvc1SWw

Jordan & Christian - Jazz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR2WeCSAiKA

Lindsay solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3rsWIv0eOU

Adam solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTK_MJG8-To

Christian solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_yv5RafRIw

Shane solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq82xreMR48

Jordan solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTnMzl7ySUI

Denitsa solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmD4IKTAufk

Matthew solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCTZR-b2so0

Yuliya solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOSozg4Ijio

Melissa solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNP1bN5vFIs

Francois solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p9J8Z-BicA
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Here is Jordan and Christian doing a very hot and steamy number. I tell ya I would love for Pasha to be in this number or Dimitri,(Don't know which girl I would pick to have dance with one of them though.). I beg SYTYCD America to do this same number so please get Sean Cheeseman to America.

Lol lol! to Mary who is almost passing out cause of the hottness of the routine.

Jazz number:
https://youtu.be/cR2WeCSAiKA

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Yes that was seriously one very HOT and steamy routine last night. Mary was practically speechless. lol!

Waiting for the videos from tonight's results to find out who went home. I know who the bottom three boys and bottom three girls were but have yet to see the elimination video. The group routine was pretty dang interesting!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Well fudge. I'm a bit peeved at the results for the boys. I guess it doesn't matter much either way between the two it came down to. It really wouldn't have made much of a difference, but somehow I just don't understand it. Ugh. For the girls it was the right choice.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42158

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Well, we have our Top 4 .......... Jordan, Lindsay, Christian and MATT!! cheers Matt made it to the Top 4 without ever being in the bottom 3!!

But wait...........they pulled a quick one and decided it should be the Top 6. Rolling Eyes That means that Melissa and Shane will also be dancing next week. Adam and Danitsa went home tonight.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:16 pm

Oh gosh I almost forgot about the show this week. I'll have to go watch the videos!

In the mean time YAY for Matt!!! So glad he made it through!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:06 am

Teddy look.......we'll be able to watch the results show while you're here!

Quote :
Next Episode
Monday, September 5 at 8/7C - Performance Show

The remaining dancers perform in the last performance show before Sunday's first-ever "Top 6" finale!

** Sunday, September 11 at 8/8C - Season Finale **

Watch as "Canada's Favourite Dancer" is crowned in the epic two-hour
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:19 pm

That's AWESOME!!!!!!!! Oh how cool is that? cheers
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:52 pm

I really hate how the girls got dotted on like crazy on tonight's final performance show. They were pimping them so hard. The guys got nice comments sure but nothing like the OTT favorable comments the girls received from all the judges. Heck even the host was pimping the girls. I really felt bad for the guys. They all did an excellent job and it felt like they were just given a friendly pat on the back before needing to step aside. That was so wrong and very disrespectful. No

canear, I hope you voted for Matt!!!!

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82413
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Quote :
After a triumphant Season 4 finale this past weekend, Canada’s dancers will no longer face the music on national TV. The Star has learned that So You Think You Can Dance Canada has been cancelled.

“I can confirm that So You Think You Can Dance Canada has not been renewed for a fifth season,” said Scott Henderson, vice-president, communications, Bell Media.

The company released the following statement about the decision: “The producers of So You Think You Can Dance Canada created four seasons of groundbreaking, high-quality television, delivering on a creative level everything you could ask for as broadcaster, and ending on a creative high note.

“After four seasons and 92 episodes, CTV has decided to pursue other program strategies. This decision was made after careful consideration, including viewership and economic factors. We remain extremely proud of the legacy of So You Think You Can Dance Canada, including raising the profile of dance in this country.”

The show remained strong in the ratings this summer, averaging just over a million viewers a week, making it one of the highest rated Canadian-made programs on the air.

However sources said the numbers for Sunday’s finale were almost 30 per cent lower than last year.

Other sources said production staff had been asked to cut the series’ budget in half before the decision was made to cancel.

“This is the show I’ve loved the most and been the most passionate about,” said Sandra Faire, executive producer, when asked for comment. “I’m very sad it’s been cancelled, for me and for the whole dance community.”

A success out of the gate, the series provided a showcase for Canada’s young dance community,, making stars out of winners and non-winners alike, including Nico Archambault, Tara-Jean Popowich and Denys Drozdyuk.

On Sunday, Jordan Clark, a 19-year-old contemporary dancer from Tottenham, Ont., was declared Canada’s favourite dancer and given $100,000 and a car.

The news was met with shock by members of the cast and crew.

“I’m really upset because this was a passion of mine, this was my life,” said Tre Armstong, one of the judges on the series.

“Canada really deserves this show still, we really want it. We still need it. The dancers across Canada still need this platform to shine. It really is such a horrible shame that it’s gone so quickly. Too quickly.

“It was the second highest rated show. I really don’t understand what happened.”

Said fellow judge Jean Marc Généreux, “I have no regrets as far as what we produced. But (I have) a lot of questions in my head about why a network like CTV, an independent network, who always said they were going to do the best, the best, the best, which is what we were and we’re no longer apparently on air.

“At the end of the day, I don’t understand why a network would do this. Our production was responsible for the entire dance industry in Canada. (The show) was about one thing: culture and dance. I’m really, really sad, but dancing just lost its platform in Canada.”

Blake McGrath, who has been both a choreographer and judge on the show, said, “SYTYCDC has changed dance in our country forever. It’s unfortunate that it has been cancelled, even with high ratings, amazing production and incredible dancers. Sad that Canada will not be blessed to watch the younger generation of dancers. I am positive they will be given their time to shine elsewhere.

“I thank CTV for hosting an amazing four years of dance and for putting Canadian dance on the map. It was a privilege for me to be a part of SYTYCDC’s journey!”

“Wow, I’m a bit stunned,” said Lee Kinoshita-Bevington, costume designer for Dance, when told of the cancellation. “The ratings are very good and we were probably thinking it was going on.”

The show had high production costs with auditions across the country and live performances. When Kinoshita-Bevington was asked if budgetary concerns were ever an issue, he said they were mentioned, but it was nothing dramatic.

“We were told to tighten it up if we could. The look of the show is very important and it’s one of the areas where they really wanted to put money into, but we were being careful, for sure. We were being very aware of what we were buying, and recycling things and making sure we utilized everything.

“As well, we wanted to give the best possible look and, this year, all areas kind of came together, I think it was the best year ever for the show, from a performance, from a look standpoint.”

It’s not the first time CTV has cancelled one of its hit versions of an American reality series. After six seasons, the broadcaster cancelled Canadian Idol in 2008. Some speculated at the time that it was because the network was putting all its resources into SYTYCDC.

Dance wasn’t the only CTV show to get the axe this week. The network said Hiccups and Dan for Mayor, which starred Corner Gas alumni Brent Butt, Nancy Robertson and Fred Ewanuick, will not get new seasons.

Source.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/62731010.html#cutid1#ixzz1XyGXfcgK

So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Cheap buggers (sorry for my language). angry1
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:50 pm

What language? Shocked

(I am sad for you and fellow fans of the show)

So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:37 pm

It's the second time this network has cancelled a top rated show. They cancelled Canadian Idol at it's peak and now they're doing the same to SYTYCD Canada. I'm soooo ticked off ....... Evil or Very Mad It's not just an entertainment show but it's an avenue for dancers who would otherwise not have a chance in the limelight. Matt, the top guy, is from a small town in the Maritimes. Without SYTYCD he wouldn't have stood a chance. He got his, but others like him won't now. They'll probably replace it with some other stupid reality show that's of no use to anyone.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:05 am

THAT REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I get into a Canadian show it gets cancelled after the season is over. GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:20 am

You better stop watching shows Canear loves then! Laughing

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:56 am

Yeah Teddy! Looks like you're a jinx! lol!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Maybe. Then again I do watch Degrassi and look how long that show has gone on for!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:50 pm

But I don't watch Degrassi ........... Wink

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:25 pm

lol! I know you don't. It's still a Canadian show though!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:18 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
lol! I know you don't. It's still a Canadian show though!!! Razz

Even so, please don't watch Flashpoint. I'd like it to be on for a few more years! thank you
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:49 pm

lol! I'll do my very best not to!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance CANADA   So You Think You Can Dance CANADA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So You Think You Can Dance CANADA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: