Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER

Go down 
+7
WISCathy
AngelWings
foreveryoung
canear
Sky
teddyhugz
Firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82658
Registration date : 2008-08-09

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:43 am

However, Flying Without Wings was done by an obscure British boy band was not a song known over here at all. Just like Clay's Invisible was done by a boy band in England and not known over here. Quite different than a worldwide HUGE hit by one of the all time most loved and popular bands in the world and won the GRAMMY for Best Song. Everybody knows that song.

Quite different.

As a rock singer I do not think pitch is the main concern with any of them. Dylan? Springsteen? Jaggar? Not at all what anyone would consider "a great singer". It is much different with rock. Even in some country acts. Is there anyone in the world who actually thinks Willie Nelson has a great voice? No, but it's the way he tells the story of the song.

To me, Springsteen sounded like nails on a chalkboard when he sang Born in the USA. And yet - I LOVED IT! Laughing

But you do not like Lee and you don't think he should have won so not sure why you want to watch his interview. I don't watch them of the contestants I don't like.

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:48 pm

I just watched all 5 segments of Lee's interview and it was lovely. He is just a nice, sweet, humble guy. He didn't say anything wrong at all. In fact I totally agree with him about taking the judges comments too much to heart. THAT is why Didi got lost. And Katie and Lacey and Paige. Trying soooo hard to do what the judges want each week. Think back last season to poor Lil. I was not a fan - but I felt so bad for her as you watched her each week desperately try to be exactly what the judges wanted her to be instead of who she was. She completely self destructed. So did poor Brooke who seemed near a breakdown by the week she left. I remember so many being concerned for her that season.

Lee said he listened but never was going to change who he is as an artist or a person. It seemed it worked for him.

The pitchy comment was not at all like the "hater" posted. Perhaps in the future it would be better to watch the interviews before bringing over comments like that. If we want to bring over hate Lee posts from IDF I think we could find a million of them. I don't want them here. The GD threads at IDF are sick.

You can watch and then post YOUR opinion/comments and we can discuss from there.

HERE IS THE LINK:

http://www.ew.com/ew/video/0,,20312226_20312230,00.html

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39850
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:22 pm

Got the new issue of AI Magazine today. Lots of Lee and Crystal in it!!!! There's tons about the top 12 too and a few bits and pieces of past Idols. There's one small picture of Adam from when he performed. Also a pic of Cookie when he performed too. Very nice!!!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Do they sell that at stores do you know? I never get it.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:30 pm

They should FC. Check at the supermarket and if not there check the bookstore. Someone ought to have it.

I've seen it here at the market. That's where I got mine.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:31 pm

Ok good. Since the local boy is featured I would like to have it for a keepsake.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:37 pm

I hope you're able to find one FC. LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:46 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
Got the new issue of AI Magazine today. Lots of Lee and Crystal in it!!!! There's tons about the top 12 too and a few bits and pieces of past Idols. There's one small picture of Adam from when he performed. Also a pic of Cookie when he performed too. Very nice!!!

Didn't see Kris in the performance pics :(

Love the pics of Adam and Alli that they picked.

FC AI magazine is at a lot of stores. Also I wish you would of told me you don't see it cause I would of picked it up for you at the airport. I saw it there when I was getting some key chains. I originally saw it at the Market near my sisters house. If I see it here I will try to pick up a copy for ya.

Shannon LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 223329 LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 852399

Last edited by AngelWings on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:51 pm

FC do you realize you sound exactly like I do when talking of Kris? There is nothing wrong with it of course cause it shows you care and that is cool.

Also I never said I did not like Lee. Yes I thought Crystal should of won but I do not hate Lee. When his first cd comes out I will give it a chance and if I find stuff on it that I like I will buy it. I did the same for Danny. I gave the cd a good listen and bought the one song I loved. If I like something I will support that person and buy it.

I watched the Idalotry interview and it was good but the stuff on the pitchy area I just don't agree. FC the guys you mentioned in your post I pretty much dislike for their singing voices so will not listen to them. To me being on pitch is pretty important. I guess that is an area for agreeing to disagree!

ETA: Westlife was never an obscure boy band. I have known of WestLife even before I knew of Ruben. Maybe this is because I am a fan of Michael Ball who is british so I hear about stuff. Whatever the thing is Westlife is an Irish group,( i always thought they were British but I was wrong they are for sure Irish), and have been around since 1998. Most people know them for their rendition of "You Raise Me Up". I found out after Ruben got Flying Without Wings that Simon had a hand in this groups career. They were named something else and then Simon had them change their name to West Life. They are one of the most popular boy bands out there. Also Clay's Invisible was not his first single. His first single was Bridge Over Troubled Water/ This Is The Night.

Shannon LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 223329 LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 852399

Last edited by AngelWings on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:42 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:58 pm

Angel there is a pic of Kris inside of it. You just have to look very closely.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:01 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Angel there is a pic of Kris inside of it. You just have to look very closely.

I saw one pic of him from his season but did not see one in the performance area where I found Adam and Alli's pics, but if you say they put one in there i will go check it out again.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:17 am

AngelWings wrote:
FC do you realize you sound exactly like I do when talking of Kris? There is nothing wrong with it of course cause it shows you care and that is cool.

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:27 am

Sky why are you confused??? She is sticking up for Lee like I do Kris and that is awesome. What did I say that was wrong?

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:37 am

Cannot sleep so you are getting all kinds of Lee goodies!

I have no clue if these still work so just be aware. There are MP4's and MP3's of some of Lee's performances

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=715069a99ec395b77432d3c9683f450a8f9130d158b083fd292b492bd5edc68e

Walmart Share Holders meeting:

https://2img.net/h/i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt229/rsl2/Decorated%20images/4670350848_59609ea43d_b.jpg

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 922c4db7-31ef-4963-b175-d1552711427

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 101626287

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 1hq99w

Vampire Lee:

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 110w1us

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 Jj3gps

Lee and Fan Letters:

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 29283_1351957595738_1135320196_31056000_8091004_n

look for People magazine to get this on Lee; I do not know what issue. Sorry.

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 110692514

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 Normal_01

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 Ldewyzesig

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 Ld6 LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 Lee6 LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 Ld4

Go here and you can see the People Magazine pics and the AI Magazine pics!

http://www.lee-dewyze.com/

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 American-idol-LEE-DEWYZE-AT-DISNEY-Mickey-Minnie

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 American-idol-LEE-DEWYZE-AT-DISNEY-1

I guess Lee drew this LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 Icon_flower

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 Mbs38o

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:21 am

You have completely missed the point about the cover songs.

Lee's cover for his first single is of a worldwide HUGE Grammy winning song. Ruben's was not. Not at all. It was a song not played on radio here. Not a number 1 huge hit and certainly not a multi-award winning worldwide huge it. It was an obscure song that the majority of people in this country did not know or own by the original artist. Not at all the same thing as giving the new Idol a song everybody knew, loved and millions already own. Not the same. Period. They gave him a song that could never be known here as a Lee song. It will forever be a U2 song. Flying Without Wings will always be Ruben's song.

I am well aware of what was Clay's first single - I was a huge fan at the time you know. My point was that even though it was a cover (others on his first CD were from what I read) it was obscure and nobody knew it and it always will be known as a Clay song. So even though it was a cover technically - people do not think of it that way.

The night of the finale after Lee won I read Pulse and several other boards and on-line news articles and EVERY single one of them stated that it was the first time the the Idol and runner-up had to release cover songs for their single. There were a lot of comments about this being because of Kara and her No Boundaries. Lee was not wrong. I don't know how anybody could compare releasing Flying Without Wings to having to release One.

This wasn't about defending Lee - it was about completely disagreeing with anyone who would compare the two song situations and say that "Mr. Lee" was wrong. It wouldn't matter if it were Fanty. I would still disagree just as strongly. Sticking the new Idol with THAT song was unfair to him. it was even more unfair to Crystal because not only a well know cover but a slow boring cover that didn't stand a chance at radio play. They both got screwed....

The acoustic version is Lee's. He wanted to record that version. Wasn't allowed.

And I am not even going to lie - the "Mr. Lee needs to do his homework before he says stuff" , when he didn't say anything that wasn't true, set me off. Sorry, but it did. But I got it all off my chest so it's cool. hugging

Thanks for bringing all the Lee pix etc.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42297

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Just saw this at MJ's!

Quote :
Lee DeWyze sings the National Anthem at Game 2 of the NBA Finals @ Staples Center, tonight at 8 pm on ABC.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:03 pm

No No!! He should be at The Hawks game!! Not fair!!

Good for him though. I hope he does really well! Must be kinda scary.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:50 pm

Cannot say how he did cause I missed the beginning of the game.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Mom and I saw him. He was good. Not the best by far, but good. I think he was very nervous. It kind of showed a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:25 am

Amazon has a free download of the song Princess by Lee...............

http://www.amazon.com/gp/dp/ref=pe_71760_15854280_pe_01/B003DZI8Y4
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:11 am

Thanks!!

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:13 am

Of course, if you already have his Slumberland CD, the song is on there.

Last edited by Sky on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 pm

I believe Lee is going to be on The Jimmy Fallon show tonight. Of course I know all of you are asleep by the time he comes on so you'll probably see the youtrubes tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:25 pm

I just found out he was on Letterman last night. I truly have been a day behind on all things Lee. I read he did a great job on Letterman. At the Pulse board - people who are not fans - are loving the acoustic version of Beautiful Day. What a shame that is not the version released to radio.

Last edited by Firecracker on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42297

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Here's the Youtube in case you haven't seen it!

....and the interview!

He's apparently on Jimmy Fallon tonight as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER   LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

LEE DEWYZE - FROM DUTCH BOY TO IDOL WINNER
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next