Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?

Go down 
+12
Spirit
jaycee
stanley2
horselaydee
AngelWings
teddyhugz
zara
Sky
nouniness
foreveryoung
canear
Firecracker
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82654
Registration date : 2008-08-09

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Totally understand Jaycee hugging There is no way that this is going to be everybody's cuppa. Hopefully when he gets back to the states it will get a little more back to normal. Well, as normal as Adam gets.

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:07 pm

jaycee wrote:
I am getting more and more disillusioned with Adam. There isn't a day anymore that I don't read something that leaves me.... I hate to say disgusted but that seems like the only word that fits.

I guess people that have followed rock stars and think this sort of thing is okay aren't going to be bothered but I have never been a fan of anyone that behaved like this and to me it is just so wrong.

Jaycee kradam

I have never really followed Hard Core Rockers and the Big Hair Bands,(liked some song from some rockers and from some big hair bands), and one reason I really didn't like them cause this was many of their lives on stage,(and for some VERY Off stage also). The drug, sexual stuff and OTHER stuff just got to be to much. So I see what you are saying Jaycee.

I thought Adam said he was done doing drug type stuff and now I hear about this. Yes he is a big boy and can do what he wants but this is disappointing Crying or Very sad Spirit was he really doing this on stage or was it fake? I am praying for fake.

ETA: after reading those tweets I am so sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I will never get to see Adam do just a show where he just sings cause too many people are wanting all this stuff from him. Well I guess I will have to stick to his cd.

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42295

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Well I'll be listening with you Shannon because I didn't buy into him to see all this crap. I find it very sad that so many seem to find this entertaining. I have to wonder if AI is glad he didn't win now that he's pulling all this crap.

What is even more sad is that he is such an incredible talent and he's wasting it, totally wasting it. He will never be a mega star in the US doing this so I hope he's happy being able to sell out the size venues he has for this tour. He says he's not a babysitter, but how the heck can he promote donating to Donor's Choice for children's music programs and making out and smoking pot on stage? That's some fine role model. I'm beyond disappointed at this point. I've got two calendars coming. Anyone want them because I don't know if I want to even hang one on my wall now.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:56 pm

canear wrote:
Well I'll be listening with you Shannon because I didn't buy into him to see all this crap. I find it very sad that so many seem to find this entertaining. I have to wonder if AI is glad he didn't win now that he's pulling all this crap.

What is even more sad is that he is such an incredible talent and he's wasting it, totally wasting it. He will never be a mega star in the US doing this so I hope he's happy being able to sell out the size venues he has for this tour. He says he's not a babysitter, but how the heck can he promote donating to Donor's Choice for children's music programs and making out and smoking pot on stage? That's some fine role model. I'm beyond disappointed at this point. I've got two calendars coming. Anyone want them because I don't know if I want to even hang one on my wall now.

I tell ya if he would of won I really honestly doubt he would be able to be this free with what he does.The show is a lot harder on their winners. They just don't tun a blind eye.

The kissing of Tommy is honestly not the part that is bugging me about all this. If he does it he does it and it happens. It is the OTHER STUFF!!

Canear I would keep the Calendar. I would think none of the pics are of him doing anything like this. I would think Adam must know that this Calender may be bought for his young fans he would not have any risque shots in there.

I just want to clarify here that I love Adam I really do but his stage persona as of now is a huge turn off and it just makes me extremely sad that his voice just can't be enough for him and all the people wanting him to do this stuff.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39849
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:14 pm

canear, Jaycee and Angel TOTALLY understand and feel what you're saying! I even told my mom and she was so completely disappointed. She wanted to smack him upside his head. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM? HAS HE LOST HIS MIND?" That's what she told me. And that truly says something because up until now she's turned a blind eye to everything else he's done and hasn't much minded. But this. It's too much.

canear, don't give away both of your calendars. Please don't. Keep one. (If you want though I'll take the second one for my sister.)

grouphug
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:18 pm

jaycee wrote:
I am getting more and more disillusioned with Adam. There isn't a day anymore that I don't read something that leaves me.... I hate to say disgusted but that seems like the only word that fits.

I guess people that have followed rock stars and think this sort of thing is okay aren't going to be bothered but I have never been a fan of anyone that behaved like this and to me it is just so wrong.

I agree Jaycee and I just don't get why people enjoy this kind of behaviour especially when he has such an incredible talent.

ETA.......I think what makes me the saddest is the fact that as much as I love his voice, I won't pay for a ticket to go see him live again. I used to have to sit down and not watch when Clay performed WDC so you can imagine what this would do to me.

Teddy, I can send you the one calendar no problem. I'm really disappointed in him today. So disappointed I don't even know if I want to support him right now by buying the acoustic CD. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:27 pm

canear hugging
Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:55 pm

I don't know why I keep reading all of this stuff on other boards, it upsets me and yet I read more. I am upset with Adam but I am just as upset at how everyone (accept for a few of us) seem to think it is just the greatest thing ever and of course what comes across is that if you can't accept Adam as he is then the problem is with you.

I guess the problem is with me because I should have known after the AMA's that someone that would decide to do what he did, wasn't going to be someone that I would be happy following but I wanted to believe him when he said that it was just one song. I wanted to believe that this type of behavior wouldn't be commonplace for him but it is and it has grown and grown through this tour and I don't see it changing. He doesn't see anything wrong with much of anything.

There are things he is doing in Europe that he won't do in the US but just knowing that he really gets a kick out of this sort of a performance just ruins him for me I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:06 am

jaycee wrote:
I don't know why I keep reading all of this stuff on other boards, it upsets me and yet I read more. I am upset with Adam but I am just as upset at how everyone (accept for a few of us) seem to think it is just the greatest thing ever and of course what comes across is that if you can't accept Adam as he is then the problem is with you.

I guess the problem is with me because I should have known after the AMA's that someone that would decide to do what he did, wasn't going to be someone that I would be happy following but I wanted to believe him when he said that it was just one song. I wanted to believe that this type of behavior wouldn't be commonplace for him but it is and it has grown and grown through this tour and I don't see it changing. He doesn't see anything wrong with much of anything.

There are things he is doing in Europe that he won't do in the US but just knowing that he really gets a kick out of this sort of a performance just ruins him for me I'm afraid.

So sorry Jaycee hugging

I see why you get upset I also get upset when I see on other sites people calling others who are not cool with this stuff not true fans of Adam. It isn't fair. The Clay fans did that to so many people over the years over anything and now I have to see it when it comes to Adam. This just bites :(

Also you are right from what I get what started out as a little at the beginning of the tour has become so much more and he is for sure feeding the fans that want that stuff and totally disregarding every single fan who is paying money for the show to who don't want to see all that. It is a shame that he is doing that.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:09 am

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you Jaycee. Just because it's not for you and you don't see the entertainment in it let alone understand or agree and believe in it does not mean you're the one who has got something wrong with you. I think a lot of people are so into Adam they don't see how what he's doing isn't exactly right or appropriate. Of course I know there are some who can look at it objectively and aren't so blinded or OTT that think it's fine. They are entitled to feel that way just as those like yourself are entitled to feel disappointed and upset. I really do have to wonder what the heck was going through his mind during this specific concert. I think he's taking it too far now. I know people can say that it was just one time, but one time can lead to many more times and I sure don't want to see him do this again. As we know what he started at the beginning of the tour has consistently led to more and more and more. I think it all cheapens his performance and it cheapens the amazing voice he was blessed with. I know he's a smart guy, but this move was not smart. It's all too much because it leads me to think that perhaps one day he'll end up like all the other greats before him who we lost too soon. I know many here will not agree with me and say I'm projecting or whatever but it's always been a huge concern of mine. It's also a huge concern for my mom. I really want Adam back home and I want someone to smack some damn sense into him too!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:17 am

teddyhugz wrote:
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you Jaycee. Just because it's not for you and you don't see the entertainment in it let alone understand or agree and believe in it does not mean you're the one who is got something wrong with you. I think a lot of people are so into Adam they don't see how what he's doing isn't exactly right or appropriate. Of course I know there are some who can look at it objectively and aren't so blinded or OTT that think it's fine. They are entitled to feel that way just as those like yourself are entitled to feel disappointed and upset. I really to have to wonder what the heck was going through his mind this concert. I think he's taking it too far now. I know people can say that it was just one time, but one time can lead to many more times and I sure don't want to see him do this again. I think it cheapens his performance and it cheapens the amazing voice he was blessed with. I know he's a smart guy, but this move was not smart. It's all too much because it leads to think that perhaps one day he'll end up like all the other greats before him who we lost too soon. I know many here will not agree with me and say I'm projecting or whatever but it's always been a huge concern of mine. It's also a huge concern for my mom. I really want Adam back home and I want someone to smack some damn sense into him too!

I would love for Leila to say what the Heck Adam? She has said she lets him do his thing and doesn't question much but she has never held back telling him stuff so maybe she won't be too thrilled to see this video and see him walking around smoking a pot joint on stage and doing all this other stuff.

ETA: Adam is making it very hard to show people his videos. If my Stepmom and Dad saw this latest video they would be ticked and say total waste of talent yet again. Has the pipes but chooses to let other things do the talking. I know my dad would not buy stuff from him again if he saw the over seas videos so I have made sure he hasn't seen any.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:20 am

I'm afraid of my mom watching the video. I don't want her to see him like that. No
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:32 am

teddyhugz wrote:
I'm afraid of my mom watching the video. I don't want her to see him like that. No

I haven't seen it but what I have read about it just sounds all kind of wrong all over the place. Don't let your mom know it is out so maybe she won't want to watch it.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:45 am

I didn't tell her there's video of it. I just told her what he did. She probably won't search anything out. She usually only watches things I specifically find for her.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:45 am

He is 28 years old. Leila can say all she wants - doesn't mean he will listen. I've talked my face off to my boys about drugs. Did they listen? She will not be able to change anything he does. Not at this age. RCA and 19 would probably have a little more power over his decisions than his mom.

Just playing Devils Advocate here - but are some "real fans"? If it is so easy to not buy a beautiful CD or a gorgeous calendar because of some antics on the stage at a few shows - I myself cannot help but wonder. Why can't it be about the awesome music and voice only? The Beatles did drugs like mad men but people bought their music in the millions. Same with The Stones. Rod drank like a sailor the whole time on stage and gave out bottles of it to the fans - no ID checking I might add - and people still bought up his music. I've already in the past listed many female/male rock/pop stars who are sexual on stage and many have also smoked pot on stage - but their fans buy up their music.

I guess I don't get it. I don't get that because he did something on a stage at the other end of the world (and if it were not for modern tech and You Tube only those there would even know) you can't buy a beautiful CD of beautiful songs sung beautifully. Why does the fact that he does not live his life by the same "moral code" as some of you negate beautiful music? Why if you love the voice and the songs so much you can't just enjoy the CD without passing judgment?

I get not wanting to follow an artists every move because of it. It is probably more healthy for all concerned - even Adam - if people didn't. I get the show might not be your cuppa. But I don't get how if you love the voice and music you can't just buy and enjoy the CD.

I have bought and reads books and don't give a hoot about anything of the author. Just enjoy the book. I have enjoyed movies and for all I know the actors or directors or screenplay writers are total dicks. I can still enjoy the film.

Why can't one just be a "real fan" of "the work" without the need for the artist to be exactly what they think he should be? shrugging

Adam isn't a rapist, murderer, phediphile, terrorist, crook etc. He is a recording artist who creates beautiful recordings. Why isn't that enough? Why can't one enjoy the music and the gorgeous calendar without needing him to be/act/perform/etc. to their own idea of what is proper? shrugging

Not saying there is anything wrong with not enjoying these types of performances. I don't enjoy all of GaGa's either, in fact I am pretty sure she doesn't come close to me in morals or conduct, or politics,but I sure as heck will buy the music because I love it! Some of the best CDs ever! And really that is all the counts to me when it comes to GaGa. The music.

Not saying there is anything wrong with not wanting to go to a show because you fear being turned off my parts of the show. I have skipped movies with actors I love because of very violent or gory scenes. I have never held that against the actors or directors though and would gladly see them in other types of films. I adore Robert Downy Jr. and his marvelous acting and never once let his personal demons stop me from enjoying "his work".

I certainly appreciate all opinions here. I am glad people feel free to discuss what they are feeling and there are no judgments. I love the discussions and people expressing their feelings. I guess I just don't get the not buying a wonderful CD or calendar if one is a "real fan" of the voice and the gorgeous face/art of the pictures.

I don't like anything at all about MaDonna the person or stage performer - but I have bought a few of her CDs because the music is hella good stuff! rocker I think Britney is a loon - but I LOVE some of her music and even have some of it! britney

So yeah, I get you don't approve of every single thing he does. I get you don't enjoy every single thing he does. I get he is not exactly the human being you would love for him to be. I don't get why his gorgeous voice and wonderful music on this EP cannot be enough for you to purchase it and enjoy it - the part of Adam you do approve of. The voice and music.

Adam doesn't need to be the perfect man or the perfect artist or the perfect performer all the time for me. I will cherish what he does that so entertains me and so thrills me - and I'll skip whatever it is I don't enjoy. Just like I do every other singer, actor, writer.

Again, I am not saying anybody here isn't a "real fan" (btw - I put that in quotes because let's face there really is no one definition of a real fan) just that me, myself and I, would not deprive myself of a gorgeous CD of a voice I adore because he did something on a stage in Europe. But that's just me.

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

Number of posts : 4465
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:39 am

I dislike the sexual antics onstage. I don't see the point except to excite people, and I would prefer he do that with his singing voice. I feel the sex and drugs stuff cheapens him as a performer. I'm not judging him on a moral basis. I just think he is too good to resort to that sort of thing. It makes me cringe because I care so much about him.

However, the entire concert overall is about singing and the music. I'm not about to turn away from Adam because I don't like one or two parts of the concert. He also sings "Soaked." That alone makes him a keeper in my mind. I also maintain that his next album and tour will have a different slant. Who knows what that may be, but Adam will never fit into a mold or get stuck in a groove. Adam Freaking Lambert is the greatest singer and performer of my lifetime, so I'm here for the long haul. I'm a whole lot older than Adam, as well. If I were his age, I might very well be in that crowd, reaching out to touch him and vying for a tongue dive.

I trust that Adam knows what he is doing. Sure it may backfire. He's taking a chance. But he is creating excitement and talk, and that's what a performer has to do to stay in the game.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:42 am

FC, honestly, what do you think of the pot smoking on stage? I'd like to know.

Jaycee, I feel your pain. I think many of us went through the 'bad fan' thing on Clay boards. It hurts. That is why I have not become a prolific poster on any Adam board. I am opinionated and cannot just squee and flail all over the place ignoring the negative aspects. IMO that does nothing to help an artist. I know Adam, even if he did see it, would tell me take a flying leap, but I don't care, I have to say it for my piece of mind.

Once again I blame AI for this. It gives the artists the venue for exposing their talent to millions but in doing so they also have the capability of building an entirely different persona to draw people in. I know most performers have different on and off stage personalities, but with AI performers, you get to (or think you do ) know them personally. Anyhow, like Jaycee, I have myself to blame.

I can't buy the CD right now because in my mind, it validates what he is doing on stage. I know that doesn't make sense to some, but right now I just feel I have to break the cycle and right now that's my way of doing it. I'm going to try my best to not read about his antics during the rest of the European leg of the tour for my own sanity. I've got enough other issues to deal with right now.

For this week, I'm just going to focus all my energy on DWTS.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:51 am

I so agree with you Spirit! I do say that a lot to you don't I?! Laughing I think you have a great mind and attitude about music and life. Plus you spent your life taking care of cats which makes you one of MY Idols! hugging

I look forward to a good discussion here today!

Canear - as I said in a post last night I do not think it is the wisest choice. But if pot is legal there than it is not a huge issue. I myself think pot should be legal - so you are not going to get me to agree with you on that issue. It is natural and FAR safer for you than cigarettes which are nothing but man made poisons and yet my kids can go buy those any time. Pot has even been shown to be helpful in some medical situations. I have no problem with Adam smoking pot on stage where it is legal because it would be no different than him smoking a cigarette on stage here as that is legal. My only issue with him smoking pot on stage is that it isn't legal here in the US so several will have issues with it. JD Fortune used to smoke it on stage. Isn't it legal in Canada for that? Not sure. Think I read it was. Could be wrong.

Not sure focusing on DWTS is the best thing either - unless you want Bristol to win. Otherwise you might find yourself shooting the TV or sending bombs to ABC! Razz

Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:25 am

It helps to separate what Adam does on stage from Adam himself. Off stage, Adam appears to be sweet, caring, friendly, and not at all taken with himself. Onstage Adam is performing in a theatrical way, because that's who he is. He may or may not do any of the same things in his personal life. When he sings TCB or WLL, he is performing as a loose living hypersexual gay man, not as Adam Lambert. When he sings "Soaked", he is playing another part. He is not and never will be one who walks on stage, chats a bit, sings his songs, and leaves.
He puts on an elaborate theatrical performance. While I may not like all of the content of those performances, I am in awe of him for being the genius I think he is.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:14 am

Excellent post Spirit! bowdown You hit the nail on the head in my humble opinion.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:28 am

Spirit and FC..........you both saved me from writing a post, other than.......

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 Dag129clap
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:36 am

I might do that if Jennifer wins, not Bristol. affraid I like Bristol and adore Mark so I'd have no problem with her winning, I just think that Brandy and Maks got the shaft is all. Anyhow........

.....and to answer your question, pot is not legal up here in any way, shape or form (except for some medical purposes).

Quote :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dislike the sexual antics onstage. I don't see the point except to excite people, and I would prefer he do that with his singing voice. I feel the sex and drugs stuff cheapens him as a performer. I'm not judging him on a moral basis. I just think he is too good to resort to that sort of thing

I agree in that it does cheapen him. In my eyes it is what lesser performers have to do to gain attention. I'd like to bring over what I think is an excellent post from MJ's.

Quote :

Hmmm, many thoughts on this first anniversary of a certain performance. Some of these thoughts may not be very popular here, but I’m gonna put them out there anyway, from the perspective of a gay male fan of Adam since the beginning on Idol, who has been very inspired by his journey, but am now starting to question his judgment and his future.

I’m really wondering if Adam is in danger of becoming a cliche, as milwlovesadam touched on earlier. If you asked the average casual (non Idol bubble) pop music fan what they associate “Adam Lambert” with, would it be his amazing vocals, or would it be instead a list of other things such as the AMA controversy, tongue-diving, Tommy-kissing, and now smoking pot on stage. Yes, pot is legal and widely used in Amsterdam, but that doesn’t mean it was necessarily a good idea for Adam to use it during the show when he surely realized that vids were being taken. Yes, the tongue-diving was unexpected and got a lot of media, and the Tommy kisses are much beloved by some of the fans (I’ve gotta admit that last night’s Tommy make out session during WLL was very hot to watch). However, I think that by doing those things, and now with the latest pot episode, Adam has tended to reinforce rather than diminish the idea among some folks, which originated at the AMAs, that he is more about the shock and the spectacle than the music. I personally don’t think that, but could see how many more casual observers would.

Next question for the casual (non Idol bubble) pop music fan – what is Adam Lambert’s musical identity? Could any of them give a coherent answer to that question? Can the core fans here even answer that question? I honestly have no idea at this point. The album was an “electic” mix to be sure, but I think some critics and casual fans were confused by it, and that confusion has likely increased during the tour when some of the album tracks, including Adam’s biggest radio hit to date, were completely rearranged. Now we have an acoustic EP coming out which apparently has tour versions of some songs and perhaps yet another version of others. I’m not saying that the tour versions were bad (I think they are wonderful), but I again I think Adam has reinforced the impression which was always there in some critic’s minds, that he really has little idea what type of music he wants to create. There was a very interesting article published on BuddyTV on 4/14/09 titled “American Idol 8: The Not-So-Bright Future of Adam Lambert”. Link: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/american-idol/american-idol-8-the-notsobrigh-27752.aspx
Well worth reading. It makes the point that Adam (on Idol) felt like an outsider to all the genres that we know he is easily capable of performing, and I think that still may be the case now, at least to some extent. Adam has stated that the next album will have more focus, but does he know where that focus will be? I don’t know.

Let’s face it – the next album needs to sell at least as well, if not better, than FYE did, else Adam will be labeled as yet another victim of the law of diminishing Idol returns. My concern for Adam’s future is that the constant flow of “antics” taking the focus off his music (diverse/electic as it may be) are slowly but steadily decreasing the potential pool of buyers for that next album. I personally think that if Adam had performed on the AMAs with his usual talent/vocals, instead of letting anger take over and ruin it, that FYE would be platinum right now. He may not get another chance on a stage that big when his second album debuts.

I very much hope that I’m wrong and the next album is a huge hit. However, I’ve gotta say that to me it seems somewhat unlikely right now.

Just some food for thought ......... I need to go clean! I have an Open House today. I am sooooo sick of Open Houses.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:51 am

Thank you Sky! hugging

I totally get that man's point and worry. I certainly do worry about his future. But I was worried from the get-go because he is a flamboyant, openly gay male trying to make it in the USA where that is not well received.

But I wonder how many people other than the hard core fans sit and watch all the vids shrugging Are there really a lot of "not us" out there checking everything out? Are the "not us" getting Google Alerts? Seeking out news about Adam?

I think most "not us" will hear the music/see TV performances of the next era and buy based on that. I still believe most people buy music because they like the songs and are not obsessed with what all else they do.

I think one thing that hurt sales about the AMA performance was the usual vocal quality was not there and FYE was not the best choice of song to get a non-Idol audience interested in the CD.

Back to top Go down
jaycee

jaycee

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:58 am

Sometimes I really do wish that I could separate everything but I don't seem to be able to. If I was just a casual fan I wouldn't know about any of this unless it managed to make the news here in this country and then I might still miss it because I don't watch much entertainment news,

All of the other singers and actors mentioned above were never of any real interest to me, I never went to a concert and saw anything that they did. Once in a while they would have a song out that I would like but that was back in the day that you had to buy a whole CD to get a song and I wasn't interested enough for that. Since Itunes I have bought songs from some of those people and I have "heard" about stuff that they do. I can separate with them, because I really don't care about THEM I just like the song.

I knew that Adam and I are nothing a like, we don't look at the world the same way in a lot of areas
I was prepared to accept that and not worry about it, it was the entertainer that I was here for and I did feel that he was a nice person. Unfortunately he brought it all to the stage.

I will probably buy a couple songs off of his EP, maybe 3, that is all I am interested in. I might buy something from him in the future but if I don't go see him in concert and I don't read about him, I don't know how long any interest in him will last.

I need to LIKE a person in order to really be a fan. The sort of fan that follows everything and buys everything and watches everything just to support the person. I really liked Adam in the beginning, I thought I knew who he was but I look back now and I see that I was doing what I have done before, I was blocking out those things I didn't like, which was fine because no one is perfect and I'm not, so I can't expect it from others. The thing is, when he brings it to the stage it is hard to ignore. I do feel that the person on the stage is the REAL Adam and the person that we see in interviews is Adam on his best behavior and not really all that real. Like with your children, you have the way they are at home, the way they are with their friends and then the way they are when they know they need to be good. Adam knows how to behave when he needs to.

I agree with a lot that the fellow up there said. It will be interesting to see what happens with the next CD, whether it sells more or less, if his concert here in the US have more or less people attending. Even though the majority of the people enjoy his concerts I do believe that there was a good number there that hadn't followed what he was doing, loved him on Idol and were shocked by what they saw. They very well may not care to go again.

Last edited by jaycee on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spirit

Spirit

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:08 am

I also get the quoted point of view. I have had the same thoughts and worries. I'm also sure that Adam understands those worries himself. Every time he records or steps on stage, he is taking a huge chance. Will what he does work? Who exactly is Adam Lambert and will the public accept the image he projects? Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?   ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS? - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAM - QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS?
Page 20 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next