Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!

Go down 
+7
yollie950
foreveryoung
Sky
canear
AngelWings
teddyhugz
Firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82373
Registration date : 2008-08-09

MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:15 am

Thanks for the great and detailed recap Teddy!

Rest up today!! Sleep

MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
dancingdigits

dancingdigits

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:07 pm

Oh, my! I'm glad you guys had a great time at the concert, but that is downright scary what happened afterwards. Poor Shannon! She could have been trampled! Some people just don't exercise good judgment. Glad to hear she (and you) are okay!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 42135
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:05 pm

teddy, I finally read the remaining parts of your recap and I have to say again just how awesome it was! Such detail!

What happened at the buses was simply terrible and those girls should be terribly ashamed of themselves. I have to say, though, that Shannon was very lucky to have you with her. You're a good friend. :hug:
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 4:41 pm

Sorry, guys, for taking so long to post my recap of the Greensboro show, but the last couple of days have been just awful and I just couldn't drag myself to the computer until now. I won't go into detail, but we had to have our dog, Nicky, euthanized on Monday morning. Please say a little prayer for him - he was a good boy, and we're going to miss him so. (Shannon, I do want you to know that I've really found comfort in the last 24 hours in the voice of one Mr. Kris Allen! I think his pre-Idol album, Brand New Shoes, is terrific! :D He is really an amazing songwriter, so I'm betting that the new album is gonna be a real winner!

Anyway, back to the concert on Sunday night. For me, the concert didn't even begin until Anoop came out - really! DH and I both though the first 4 Idols' performances were so mediocre - well, except for Scott's A Thousand Miles, a song I've come to love because David Archuleta does that one in concert (sorry, but little David's version is so much better than Scott's, IMHO!). Scott is a really good pianist, but to me, his voice leaves a lot to be desired. I was disappointed in Lil's set, even though Single Ladies did get a lot of people (mostly the single ladies! HA!) up on their feet for the first time since the concert began! Good for Lil!

Noopy was on fire during his entire set! The place lit up for him, and we showed him enough love to bring him to tears! It was a beautiful thing! You Were Always On My Mind was gorgeous - and heartfelt to the core (you all know the story about his friend who was murdered a year ago, I'm sure). His parents, family and bunches and bunches of his friends (which included half of UNC-CH!), including his entire a capella group,the Clef Hangers, were there in full-throated force! He brought the house down with My Prerogative, in which he worked in the Adam slinky body move! He got a lot of hoots and hollers for that one! It was cute!

Matt was electric during Hard to Handle! Why didn't he perform like that on AI?! Man, he's so talented! Reminded me of a young Jerry Lee Lewis (you older folks know who I'm talkin' 'bout!) on the keyboard! Georgia on My Mind was beautiful. His last song was just so-so IMO. I just don't like the song; it has nothing to do with Matt. Somebody give that boy a contract! He deserves it! Matt also is great at talking to the audience during his set! Loved him a lot!! Whoever it was that said he should have opened the 2nd half of the show is right about that! Really liked their group numbers too, especially Beggin'!! I love that song!

Allison was good, as expected, but I think she might be trying just a little too hard to be the "rocker chick!" I do love her smokey voice and think she is so gifted for one so young. It would have been nice to hear her do a ballad - just for variety. Her album should sell well though, and she should have a good, solid career ahead of her. I noticed a lot of the younger kids around us were really into her set!

I like Danny Gokey because of his gravely voice. I'm attracted to the music of singers with that quality to their voice, such as Michael McDonald and Marc Broussard, just to name a couple. I loved his PYT, mainly because I've always loved the song and I think Danny really does it justice with his bluesy, gravely voice. He also did a great job with Maria, Maria, and you could tell that he took some dance lessons to prepare for the tour because he really grooved toward the end of that song! Laughing His last 2 songs were pleasant and easy to listen to but I'm no country fan, so I wasn't jumping for joy here.

OK, Danny exited to a thunderous roar from the audience cheers - not for him (sorry, Danny!) but for our man, Adam! Every person in the joint was up on their feet and hollerin' like a bunch of banshees!! It was ELECTRIC! :confetti: The place was pulsating with the beat of the music!! As soon as Adam showed himself, it was like a tidal wave of sound roaring through the building!! I need not tell all of you that Adam was fired up (though I've since read that he was sick, you sure couldn't tell by his performance!!)! I'd watched a lot of close-up videos of his set from the various shows, and needless to say, his performance does lose something if you're sitting so far back that he looks about 1-inch tall ! affraid There's something to be said for video - and CLOSE when it comes to Adam!! His body movements, theatrical gestures, facial expressions, hand gestures and mic action are so quick during WLL and the Bowie Medley that it's hard to absorb what just happened! All of it simply must be viewed CLOSE UP!!! Wink Of course everyone stood for his entire set, and they remained on their feet when Kris' introduction started.

I must say that the roar of the crowd kept up for Kris as well when he came onstage! Loved his entire set, and loved the fact that this guy is quite the musician! Very, very impressive! DH said that he saw some people starting to leave during Kris' set, but it did not appear to me that they were leaving because of Kris but were more than likely trying to find their spot at the buses! I don't like Hey Jude, so couldn't get into it myself - but Kris had a lot of folks singing along!

DH and I left during the final group number because he doesn't like to get stuck in after-concert traffic, so we watched about half of it from the top of the stairs and then left. There were a lot of people already near the buses when we passed by.

That's about it for now. If I think of any other little details, I'll come back and post them. All in all, it was a really entertaining show! They are really becoming seasoned performers on this tour! Sorry Adam cancelled for The View. Looking forward to GMA! Hope our baby will be feeling much better by then! Over and Out! hello
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 4:59 pm

First off CC - I am so, so sorry for the loss of your precious doggy. I know how tough that is Crying or Very sad Sadly, we have had to go through that 4 times since I was a little girl. It will hurt for a long while I am afraid. Just go ahead and cry all you want. My mom cried every night for two weeks when she lost her last doggy.

Thanks for the wonderful recap!! Glad you enjoyed most of the show!! Sounds like a wonderful time!! Matt is gaining lots of new fans during the tour I suspect!

MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:40 pm

Hey CC........your puppy has my prayers. I lost a precious cat a couple of years ago and it's really difficult I know. Thank goodness she made the decision for us before we had to have her put down.

Thank you for your great recap! It was go great to hear that Anoop got shown the love...........and I honestly can't wait to see Matt to see how much he has improved! Adam sure is a trooper!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39749
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:40 pm

CC I am so terribly sorry to hear about your beloved doggy. It's so difficult losing a pet. They're such a part of the family. I will say a prayer for him and for you. I hope over some time the hurt will ease and that you'll find the comfort you need to get through it. Mega hugs to you! :hug:

Thanks a bunch for sharing your concert experience with us! Seems like it was one very special and memorable night!
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 6:35 pm

Thanks for your prayers and good wishes, guys. I appreciate it so much. Check out my new avatar! Nicky has replaced Adam Razz just for a short while!
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 pm

CC I am so sorry about your Nicky. :bluehug:

Love your recap, I am so glad you had such a wondeful time at the concert.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 pm

Awww, CC what a cutie.

:bluehug:
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 6:44 pm

claytonclayniac wrote:
Thanks for your prayers and good wishes, guys. I appreciate it so much. Check out my new avatar! Nicky has replaced Adam Razz just for a short while!

Aw what a cutie! We had a cocker spaniel once as well. She was the sweetest dog!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:05 pm

CC, it sooo difficult losing a family pet. That's one of the reasons I won't get another dog.

Fantastic review of your concert!! Thank you for sharing your concert with us!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:06 pm

What a gorgeous baby you had there CC! What a wonderful tribute to make Nicky your avi :D

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:00 pm

I was just going to comment of his picture.......he's adorable, simply adorable. What a loss for you and your family.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:50 pm

Well, here it is.........Part I of the anticipated recap! The concert itself!

AI HAMILTON AUG 14/09

Well after weeks of anticipation, August 14th finally arrived!

I left work early to drive to Hamilton and meet with my concert buddy for the big show! Much to my delight, Kathy (yep it was Kathy and Cathy!) was gifted with After Party passes so we were beyond excited. She is a huge Scott fan and well, then there's that guy Adam for me blushing I was glad that Adam had Tweeted earlier in the week warning us that he might not be there so I was prepared for that but it still didn't stop me from doing some serious praying that he would be. praying

Anyhow, I made it to Hamilton safely, found the hotel but there was no parking out front so I could go to check in. I decided to drive around the block hoping that there would be a parking spot when I came back. The venue, Copps Coliseum is right next door to the Sheraton Hotel where we were staying so I had to drive by it to come back to the hotel. I turned the corner where Copps was and VOILA! there were the buses parked on the street surrounded by many fans......but no sign of any Idols......so I at least knew they had arrived! :confetti: I finished my drive around the block and parked at the hotel, got checked in and proceeded to find a parking spot in the underground parking. Have I said I hate underground parking because I do!!! Twisted Evil Of course, I had to drive and around and around and around to find a spot and finally did but it was quite a walk back to the hotel elevator.....I just kept praying I would be able to find my car the next morning (I have been known to loose my car in parking garages.......I do NOT get along with them!) I FINALLY made it to the hotel elevator, got to my room and called Kathy. We met in the lobby, went for dinner and headed back to our room to prepare for the big night! I very carefully wrote the cards for Adam and stuffed the envelope for Kris. Teddy had sent me letters to give to Matt and Adam along with a letter for Kris. I managed to get Adam's into an envelope and labelled it properly then it came time for Kris's and Matt's. Angel had sent me larger envelope with some things for Kris so I had decided to put all the stuff for Kris in that large envelope. In went Angel's stuff and teddy's letter. I then sealed it. After that I started looking for Matt's letter. What the heck did I do with it? It then dawned on me that I had stuck in Kris's envelope.......duh me!!! geek I tried to reopen the big envelope but couldn't since it was sealed too well. Bottom line, Kris probably wondered what the heck he was doing with a letter for Matt but I know he will have passed it on. Once I got through that crisis, we headed off to the venue.

THE SHOW

We arrived at the venue, picked up the AP passes!!!!, :confetti: bought our programs and found our seats. They were to the right of the stage about half way up the second section. We had an excellent overall view of the stage and all the jumbotrons. The venue slowly filled (there were apparently 11,000 there). Then the show began!!!!

Michael - WOW! He really started the show off with a bang. I really, really enjoyed him! He was much more comfortable on the stage than on AI. I thought he was perfect to open the show.

Megan
- well, she looked nice. That's about all I can say good about her. She just isn't comfortable on the stage and it shows. She just wanders around aimlessly with no purpose.

Scott - I found him to be very entertaining as well. He sounded great and his keyboard skills are incredible! He actually lived on the edge of Toronto, about 1/2 hour from Hamilton, for a few years so he had gone there to visit on the day off. I actually laughed at his jokes and found that he did have pretty good stage presence.

Lil - well, she was better than Megan and was much more comfortable on the stage but I think she suffered from poor song selection. She was infinitely better than she was on AI but she still didn't do a whole lot for me.

Anoop
- was awesome. He has such an incredible voice and a wonderful charm about him. His southern accent was very cute (I had never really noticed it before). I totally enjoyed his set.

Matt........WOW! WOW! WOW! What can I say about my doll baby Matt? He was incredible!!! He is such a natural showman. His keyboard skills are beyond awesome. Georgia brought me to tears it was so beautiful. I am so glad he has found himself on that stage and has been getting such great reviews! He so deserves them. I would definitely pay to see him on a solo tour. Someone sign this guy.......PLEASE!!!! bowdown

Lil & Megan duet........meh, forgettable

The guys........duelling pianos!!!!! Incredibly awesome. It was such a crime that this got cut from the Finale. Bad AI!!!! shamonyou The millions who watched should have seen that. Then the group number was great too!! Wow that first half went fast!!

Intermission.........then Allison.

She certainly is a little firecracker up there and has great stage presence.......but I have to say that I just didn't feel her. I don't know whether it's my problem with female singers or the fact that she has said she doesn't care for her songs, but while I did enjoy her, I wasn't blown away like I thought I would be. shrugging

Danny.......he certainly sounded a lot better live IMO than he did on the show. I loved his vocals but he needs work on his presentation and wardrobe. I believe his little speech about not giving up was truly heartfelt and I could relate having lost people that were close to me. Overall, not too bad! Oh and bad fans for throwing something up there that he slipped on and almost landed on his butt! affraid

Then, the moment I had been waiting for..........the one and only Adam!! :adam:

The place literally exploded when the guitar riffs started for WLL!! Hamilton had been very welcoming to all the Idols, but when Adam took the stage BAM!! I've always said I went into a fog the first time I saw Clay because I do not remember a thing from that show and I was afraid the same thing would happen with Adam. It sort of did when he first appeared then the fog cleared and there he was!!!! ........and he got his hair cut just for me!!! 🤤 Sigh......sorry for the indulgent moment but he looked so good standing here on Canadian soil! :lovepant: WLL........and there was a whole lotta love in that arena for Mr. Lambert. He had us all on our feet from the first note as he strutted around that stage. To be honest, I was worried about what I would see and not see, and while I still think he could do without some of the mic action, from where I stood it went by so quickly I didn't even blink an eye. Then it happened..........some nitwit threw something directly at Adam and hit him in the leg. As you all know he kicked it with great power back into the crowd and I thought........oooooo Mr Lambert isn't happy! That got reaffirmed when he spoke before Starlight and made a point of saying that the stuff was fun but not to hit him with it and when he and Allison totally ignored the other stuff during Slow Ride. A big thumbs up to Adam for that! cheers I think he did that for me as well.....sorry another indulgent moment! what Double sigh.......what can be said about the brilliance of Starlight and MadWorld. The entire place was simply mesmerized. I have never heard anything so beautiful. Even though you could tell he wasn't at 100 percent (darn them for having him at an 18 hour photoshoot the day before!!!) he sounded better than anyone I had ever heard before. I was literally spellbound. Starlight and MadWorld were without a doubt, everything I expected them to be and more! Then..........'my friend Allison Iraheta!' and she took the stage for Slow Ride. They have such fun performing this. It's not my favourite but you can't help but get caught up in their enjoyment of each other up there. Bras and other crap flew up on stage (much to my chagrin) but they were totally ignored that night! Thank you Adam and Allison! The moon then rose up the back of the stage, and the strains of David Bowie starting floating through the arena. The jacket came off, the screams ensued and he sure made everyone dance! fainting I have to admit that I find the Bowie medley a little too slinky for my liking, but that man can sure move and the vocals were gah! even at about 75 percent. Then he was done........sadness. :( How did his set finish so quickly? He just started and he was standing on the lift, sinking down into the stage, arm in air........thank you Hamilton! Then he was gone having left his all on the stage. Even tired and sick, his stage presence and 'it' factor is without match in my opinion. He is a true professional and a star......plain and simple. :goldstar:

But there was still one more guy!! More screams for Kris!! Hamilton was sure showing him the love as well

He is quite the performer himself! Kris obviously has a totally different style from Adam, but it's his style and it works for him. I was so impressed with his guitar and piano skills........and his vocals were fabulous. Many complain that Kris's set is too low key to follow Adam but I totally disagree. Kris totally ROCKED! the place. I have to say I was sooooo nervous for him on stage when they left the lift open waiting for the piano to rise to the stage. My worries were for naught and Kris performed a flawless set with no mishaps!! Oh, Shannon, one thing I did notice watching the Jumbotron, WOW do the veins in Kris's neck ever bulge when he sings! He is so intense!! 🤤 His set went by too quickly as well because before we knew it, Hey Jude! Once again the entire was on their feet singing the familiar words along with Kris. Then the other Idols joined him to close as we all waved our arms in the air along with them. Ah, but DSB was on it's way!! :confetti:

Yeah, time for Matt again!!! He and Scott rose to the stage and once again dazzled the crowd with their piano skills. Matt could so be a lead singer for Journey or the like. The Idols started coming out and joining in.........the pianos disappeared and we waited for Adam and Kris to rise up......and all of sudden there they were! Adam in his awesome sparkly denim vest and Kris in his beautiful, tight black shirt! They are so awesome together! They really truly love performing together and play off each other so well. The Kradam dance happened (yeah!!) kradam and it was so cool to actually see it live! Then, a hand for the band and thanks for coming out Hamilton.......and they were gone. The show was done.

I was very impressed with the show. Overall it was much more entertaining than I thought it would be. Hamilton showed all of them love and very few left during Kris's set to go to the buses. They were very respectful, I'm proud to say! My surprise of the night.......Michael. My disappointment..........Allison. Adam, Kris and Matt were everything I knew they'd be and more. I predict great things for them! I sure wish I could attend another show, but alas, it is not to be. I look forward to the solo careers with great anticipation!! Next, the meet and greet but I must rest these weary fingers!!! Sleep
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:09 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH CANEAR FOR THE DETAILED AND WONDERFUL RECAP!!!!!!!

I am so glad you enjoyed the show so much and had a safe and wonder trip!!

Don't feel bad - as much as I love Allison's voice - I am not digging her performance style. The hand/arm thing makes me nuts and I cannot watch her No I will probably love her CD though!

So happy to hear that Adam is so well loved over there!! Kris too!

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:19 pm

Love you recap, thank you canear. :hug:
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:51 pm

Thanks ladies! I went the funny route because it seemed to come out better that way.

Part II - The Meet and Greet will be posted tomorrow :D
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Can't wait for that one Canear!!! bounce

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 pm

yippee

canear posted her recap!!!!!!

Loved it canear! I'm thrilled that you had such a fun time and enjoyed the show as much as you did. Now you know why I love it as much as I do and wish I could go at least one more time.

Adam, Kris and Matt are the bomb!!!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 6:49 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
yippee

canear posted her recap!!!!!!

Loved it canear! I'm thrilled that you had such a fun time and enjoyed the show as much as you did. Now you know why I love it as much as I do and wish I could go at least one more time.

Adam, Kris and Matt are the bomb!!!

They sure are teddy! Okay ladies........Meet and Greet time! :D

MEET AND GREET

Well the show was now done and EEEEE!! it was time to go meet the Idols!!! We worked our way against the crowd to where we were to gather for the meet and greet. 'Go down these stairs they kept telling us! We were heading to the bowels of the building......how delightful........but it was cooler down there! Where do we go now? Down those escalators we were told......but they're both running up how are we to get down? The usher yells at someone to switch the direction of the escalator because by now there were several of us waiting. Surprise! It didn't happen!! Rolling Eyes Wait.......can we take this elevator down that you're standing in front of? What a concept!!! We all climbed in and down we went. The drill sargeant ordered us out onto the back of the floor seating and promptly told us to climb back up into the seats. Geez buddy, we just came down from there!!! Rolling Eyes He finally herded us all into these seats and we waited.......and waited.......and waited some more. Oh, oh.......look who is walking out from behind the stage.....is it Adam? Sadness......no Crying or Very sad ........but it is several of the others heading into the other side of the bowels of venue :D ........and we waited some more. Okay, the drill sargeant says....."we can go now.......and make sure you have on your meet and greet badge or I can't let you in and you're wasting my time!!!" I know some people will try anything to get in but geez buddy you could have been a bit more polite about it! We climb back down out of our seats AGAIN and follow him through the bowels once again to a room........not a very nice room.......but it was a room. We had on our badges so we were allowed in clutching our programs and the envelopes I was to give Kris and Adam. We made it! We were there! :confetti: I gaze around the room........I see Danny. I see Michael. I see Matt (swoon!). fainting I see Anoop. I see Allison wandering around with a moustache on! I see Scott..........where is Adam? Where is Kris? It finally dawns on me......no Adam. Sadness :( but I was so glad that he had Twittered to tell us he might not be there. It was sad that he wasn't but more than anything I just want him to get healthy again. The concerts are his top priority. I look around the room again and, duh, there's Kris tucked back in the corner with his handler lurking about. He wasn't a very personable fellow I must say but he did keep things under control.

Okay let's start working the room! First up, Danny. As I said before he was very sweet and generous with his time. He spent a lot of time talking to some young people and they were thrilled by that. My turn. 'Hi Danny' I said 'Can you sign my program?' He searches for a Sharpie. Wait, I think my friend took his Sharpie thinking it was hers. He gets his Sharpie back and signs the program. 'Thanks Danny.....I really appreciate it!' Then my friend snaps a picture and we move on to Scott.

My friend is a huge Scott fan and I mean huge! We spend so much time with Scott and she was on cloud 9. I kept snapping pictures of them to make myself useful. I didn't think I was nervous but WOW was I shaking any time I went to take a picture! Then it was my turn with Scott. His friend showed him where to sign and he I had another autograph! Two down.......then I got my picture with Scott. Scott is very personable and quite enjoys his fans and he did have a lot of them there! Onwards to Kris.

I step in line for Kris and finally make it to the front of the line. The 'handler' grabs Angel's magazine and a picture I had out of my hands and gruffly says 'are these for Kris to sign?' I say 'yes'....and he shoves them at Kris. Kris, very nicely, signs them and they ask if I want to take a picture. Of course I do! :D I get ready to have it taken and my friend is nowhere to be found. Like, what a time to get lost!! I'm about to have my picture take with Kris Allen and she disappears! The handler felt sorry for me and said to just step aside and wait until she comes back. I stand there and stand there......where the heck is she? impatient FINALLY she appears! She had gone back to give Danny back the Sharpie she thought she had stolen from him. Whatever I say, please take my picture with Kris! So I step in and Kris puts his arm around me (swoon!) fainting and I get my picture! He is such a soft spoken and wonderful young man. I hand him the envelope from Shannon and he asks if it's for him? I say, 'yes it's from a friend of mine for you'. 'Thank you very much!' he said very sincerely. Wait, what to do with my stuff for Adam!? I bravely step up to the handler to tell him I have some things for Adam what should I do with them? Much to my surprise, very nicely, he says 'I'll take them and make sure they get to Adam" .......so I handed them to him and have kept everything crossed since that Adam did indeed get them. praying Kris was standing right there when the handler offered to take them, so I am certain that Kris would ensure Adam received the cards and letters. Phew.......I survived meeting Kris!! Who is next? I want to get Allison to sign Shannon's magazine as well but darn it all, she disappeared!! Wait, Anoop is over there!

Over we go to Anoop and listen to him chatting in his Carolina accent to some others. 'Hi Anoop.......wonderful show!' Same drill.......autograph and picture. He's a very sweet guy as well. They all were! My friend asks him when his album will be out and he hesitated before answering that he wasn't sure. That was a bit sad because I do think at least 7 out of 10 of this group should get to make a CD and Anoop is one of them. He has such a beautiful voice. Keeping my fingers crossed for him!! Thanks Anoop! Who is next? Oooooo it's my doll baby Matt!! :lovepant:

Matt was very popular with everyone there. Words can't describe what a sweetie-pie I think he is. There was an older couple in front of me with their friend and the gentleman wanted to get a picture of the ladies with Matt. He was so sweet with these people and chatted with them for quite a while. It truly shows the popularity of some of these kids with all generations because these people truly adored him. They really appreciated his musicianship and let him know it! Uh oh, it's my turn!! Oops there goes my ability to speak! I manage to sputter out 'Hi Matt.....love the show' but that was it! My friend thankfully chipped in and told him how wonderful we thought he was on the piano and how great his set was, including the duelling pianos. He really appreciated that! He signed my program and time for a picture. OMG......I actually didn't swoon! Yeah! I would have been mortified!! We moved on to let those waiting behind us to get their opportunity........where is Michael? He was just behind us .....darn it all he snuck out too! I wanted to meet him as well. We gaze around the room and that seems to be it.........Lil and Megan weren't there, no Adam Crying or Very sad (I'm still pouting!) and Allison vanished into thin air! I guess that was it.......not quite!

My friend wanted to speak with Scott's brother so I just sat down and waited (conveniently at a table across from Matt....grin!) He was chatting with this cute young thing and she was trying so hard to hit on him! He was very nice to her but you could tell he had no interest........he just let her go on and on though! Then a couple of cute little Chinese girls came up to him got his autograph and then asked about Adam. Matt jokingly said to them 'well I do call him all the time.......' and pulled out his cellphone to dial a number. He dialed ........ no answer. He smiled at them sweetly and said 'well we tried!' Somehow I don't think he even dialled Adam's # but he made those girls happy by even trying. blushing Only Matt and Scott were left. A few continued to talk to Matt but surprisingly Scott had quite a contingent there.......probably because he had lived in the area for a few years a while back. Someone then came up with the idea to have a group picture around Scott. I grabbed my friend's camera and someone hollered out 'Matt can you take a picture for me?' Sure he says! So there is Matt, myself and another gentleman taking pictures of the group around Scott. I tried to quickly swing around and get a picture of Matt taking pictures but he had just set the camera down. He looked over at me and said 'you were trying to take a picture of me taking pictures weren't you?' 'You caught me!' I replied! Sadly I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of it but it was a very cute moment none the less!

Well it was time to go. We gathered up all our things and ventured back to the hotel. We didn't want the night to end. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if Adam had been there.........but it wasn't meant to be this time! I do have wonderful memories of meeting some of the other Idols and I will treasure that always! They are all very sweet, kind, young people who are following their dreams. I wish them all success...........after they get a chance to rest!! They are all exhausted.......particularly Kris who appeared to be robotic he was so tired Sleep ........but he gave his all to every fan there and didn't let anyone down or wanting for more!

That's that! I'm sure I've forgotten some things. If anything comes back to me I'll be sure to post it along with the pictures when I get them from my friend!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:05 pm

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canear, that's so cute!!!! I love you little moment with Matt. HA I can't believe you got tongue-tied with him!!! Just imagine what kind of shape you would have been in if Adam had been there!

I see you got quite a lot of time to just stare and soak in Matt. So cool! I envy you, you know?

What a great recap. Thank you for sharing your experience and concert with us!
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:21 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canear, that's so cute!!!! I love you little moment with Matt. HA I can't believe you got tongue-tied with him!!! Just imagine what kind of shape you would have been in if Adam had been there!

I see you got quite a lot of time to just stare and soak in Matt. So cool! I envy you, you know?

What a great recap. Thank you for sharing your experience and concert with us!

OMG if Adam had been there it would not have been pretty! fainting I daresay I would have still been standing there with my mouth hanging open! One thing I forgot to mention is that every single one of them are so beautiful looking.......and so much better looking than on television.

...and yes, I did get to soak in Matt! blushing I probably had a stupid grin on my face the entire time!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks for the awesome recap Canear! I could just picture all of it in my head!

Sounds like an awesome time - even though so disappointing that Adam couldn't meet with you. Or Alli. But you got to have some real time with Matt and that is wonderful!!

I cannot wait to see the pix!!

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:40 pm

Great Recap. so cool hearing how it was meeting Kris and Matt. Glad to hear that Danny and Scott were so cool. Hey you never mentioned Lil; was she there?

Shannon praying :angel3:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: